Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#1000 - 10/09/07 11:33 AM why burn books?
MCSA TEK Offline
pledge

Loc: Orlando Fl USA
There is no need to burn books when they can simply imprison you for owning them.

LINK

Story

Boy in court on terror charges
A police sign
The teenager faces charges under the Terrorism Act 2000
A British teenager who is accused of possessing material for terrorist purposes has appeared in court.

The 17-year-old, who was arrested in the Dewsbury area of West Yorkshire on Monday, was given bail after a hearing at Westminster Magistrates' Court.

It is alleged he had a copy of the "Anarchists' Cookbook", containing instructions on how to make home-made explosives.

His next court hearing has been set for 25 October.

The teenager faces two charges under the Terrorism Act 2000.

The first charge relates to the possession of material for terrorist purposes in October last year.

The second relates to the collection or possession of information useful in the preparation of an act of terrorism.

Kind of vague......isn't it.

And you thought we got out of the middle ages.

Chris

#1002 - 10/09/07 11:44 AM Re: why burn books? [Re: MCSA TEK]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
 Originally Posted By: MCSA TEK
Kind of vague......isn't it.

When is it not?

#1006 - 10/09/07 02:10 PM Re: why burn books? [Re: MCSA TEK]
Chandler Offline
stranger

When I was 19 I was Baker Acted for possessing a copy of G.I. Gurdjieff's "Beelzebub's Tales to his Grandson". The arresting officer was actually just upset that I wouldn't produce ID prior to being given a reason for being pulled over. But the reason he gave was that in searching my car he became suspicious that I was an occultist. Because of one book! Man, is he good.

But Tallahassee is still the Bible Belt.

I wonder if it would have made a difference to explain that Gurdjieff was a Sufi, not an occultist. This did occur prior to September 11th, so maybe I should have said something.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.