Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#10250 - 07/16/08 10:49 AM FIRST SATANIC CHURCH - waiting
BROOKS Offline
Banned
stranger

Loc: n.y.state
I have written the First Satanic Church and waiting for,hoping for a reply. Have any idea how long a response may take and/or what it may consist of? FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A PM if that is MOST APPROPRIATE(I do not know).

Edited by BROOKS (07/16/08 11:15 AM)

#10252 - 07/16/08 12:37 PM Re: FIRST SATANIC CHURCH - waiting [Re: BROOKS]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Why do you want to join any church? What do you hope to get from it and what do you have to offer to it. The most fundamental purpose of any church is to act as a hub for the community is services.

If you are looking for another web based satanic e-church I think you will find you are barking up the wrong tree.

The First Church is much more like a real church. In other words, most of their activity takes place in the real world. If you are not LA or SF you may find yourself SOL.

Nothing comes across more like sniveling boot licker than begging to 'join.' Like any church, your position and enjoyment of it will depend on your personal involvement - nothing ventured, nothing gained.

#10253 - 07/16/08 01:24 PM Re: FIRST SATANIC CHURCH - waiting [Re: Fist]
BROOKS Offline
Banned
stranger

Loc: n.y.state
No sniveling bootlicking being done,No begging either,just looking for other 'like-minded' individuals or other 'free-thinkers' not conforming to 'society's ways'.

#10254 - 07/16/08 01:52 PM Re: FIRST SATANIC CHURCH - waiting [Re: BROOKS]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Isn't that what you joined this forum for? You haven't been a member long enough to have reaped the benefits from interacting with your fellow members. The resources for information of all kinds that they can provide, the conversations and occasional "real world" meetups. I've made some wonderful friends here since I joined. All you have to do is prove your self and your worth. It's more than what you'll be likely to find via any Church, unless you're local, like what Fist was saying. And you don't have to waste a stamp to send in your "application".

#10527 - 08/07/08 01:17 AM Re: FIRST SATANIC CHURCH - waiting [Re: Nemesis]
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
I have to agree with the others too.I've been a Satanist all my life and have never joined a church.I will admit when I was younger there were times when I was tempted to join a church because I did have a weird romantic view of what it might entail.However one of the things I have learned over the years and always knew deep down, is that generally Satanists don't run with the pack, even if the pack is other Satanists.No matter how much certain Church's preach individuality, they can only fail to practice it as it goes against the whole idea of any organisation.Its nice to know that there are like minded people out there and to be in contact with them, but I have found that any organizations only serve to enforce some form of conformity, be it Satanist or whatever.

#12269 - 10/06/08 01:05 PM Re: FIRST SATANIC CHURCH - waiting [Re: BROOKS]
HALL-oween Offline
stranger

Loc: New York
I am new here and have stumbled upon this post. I have done a search and I couldn't find the information I was looking for so I ask...Is membership by invitation? I would actually prefer that if I prove myself so to speak (not that I am going to work hard at it), and would be a true asset, that I would be invited to join rather than ask.

#12274 - 10/06/08 02:04 PM Re: FIRST SATANIC CHURCH - waiting [Re: HALL-oween]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Here is the information I found on the official FCoS website:

Acquiring a membership in the First Satanic Church is not a simple task. We do not solicit memberships or accept just anyone. We are the eclectic elite of the Satanic religion and a $100 bill will not buy your way in. To ensure the highest stratum of membership, we find it necessary to screen all applicants. Only those who are sincerely interested in Satanism and the occult sciences need apply.

Our members are from various backgrounds and walks of life. Many of them share the desire to better themselves through the application of Satanic principles. Before you apply for membership it is mandatory that you read The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey.

Members of the First Satanic Church DO NOT sacrifice animals, worship the devil, participate in orgies, molest children or infringe on the rights of others! We are an organization of individuals who openly study Satanism and other cultural subjects.

To request an application for membership send a self addressed stamped envelope with your name, age, telephone number, and any additional info about yourself to:

The First Satanic Church
P.O. Box 475177
San Francisco, CA. 94147

#12293 - 10/06/08 07:19 PM Re: FIRST SATANIC CHURCH - waiting [Re: Nemesis]
BloodHorn Offline

Loc: Stockbridge Ga
nothing ventured, nothing gained.fist that is one of the best things i have read from you becaue it is the truth.and i have experienced it so many times.lessons i have learned even in a failed experience is priceless.

#12308 - 10/07/08 09:40 AM Re: FIRST SATANIC CHURCH - waiting [Re: Nemesis]
HALL-oween Offline
stranger

Loc: New York
Thank you Nemesis, I had encountered that statement. I guess I phrased my question wrong. I guess I will participate, watch and learn.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 22 queries. Zlib compression disabled.