Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#118234 - 01/29/19 12:43 AM Re: Refugee Crisis. [Re: samowens84]
aeon6 Offline

Loc: KÝbenhavn, Denmark
Let's see if this development is as good as a wall, at least another deterrent to coming here. This anthrax island reminds me of what Hannibal was offered in Silence of the Lambs. Perhaps they will find pragmatic use for them there as human test subjects.
#118239 - 01/29/19 09:53 AM Re: Refugee Crisis. [Re: aeon6]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
It's been rumored that this has been Denmark's plan since at least 2015, and nada. They haven't done it. At best, they shut down the railways for a time to slow down the number of migrants entering the country. They've issued public statements that these migrants must conform to Denmkark, or leave. Nothing. When this was published, they hadn't even voted on their 2019 finance bill.

THIS is more likely. Not much different than other countries that have an overflow of Refugees. They have the citizens finance housing centers and programs, and that's what people are so pissed off about.

Taxes that are meant for citizen programs and infrastructure are now spent on new arrivals from other countries. And often because the government decided to get involved in proxy wars. It's always propagated that its in the best interest of [fill in the blank country]'s people to fight these wars, and at their expense. For some shiny new turd in the future. Whether that be economic growth, a drop in inflation, or some unattainable goal like peace or some shit.

Rinse & Repeat

#118252 - 01/29/19 09:01 PM Re: Refugee Crisis. [Re: SIN3]
aeon6 Offline

Loc: KÝbenhavn, Denmark
Don't forget the spin cycle.
A cycle like the tornado now underway stretching resources and also people's patience and kindness. Withdrawing from UN immigration quotas is one of many tactics and only the beginning of a more exclusionary society. Once the initial storm is over we must prepare for even more successive waves of people who envision a shiny turd. WTF can't they remember the infamous cartoons? Ironically they go to what pisses them off instead of the opposite direction, a sort of sociological double-entendre.

But enough of it already. I find that my sympathy for the plight has been exhausted. What happens when everyone feels that way? No nonsense solutions, maybe draconian.

#118313 - 02/01/19 07:09 PM Re: Refugee Crisis. [Re: SIN3]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
 Originally Posted By: SIN3

This is why Poland was strong in its position of taking migrants. It has experience with this sort of thing from a historical stand point.

Indeed. Not only did we block the invasion of stinking Arabs but we are striving to poison the whole of Europe with our sick cows meat.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/poland-exported-5500-pounds-of-meat-from-sick-cows-to-eu

The days of the EU are counted. Soon all the EU officials will have epic diarrhea.

#118315 - 02/01/19 07:18 PM Re: Refugee Crisis. [Re: Czereda]
Tom Satanic Offline
stranger

Looks to me like they ARE epic diarrhea. I don't quite know what to say about Europe right now. The whole West in general is going to be fucked beyond repair if people don't get their shit together. France of all places made an actual effort. About time.
#118350 - 02/02/19 06:23 PM Re: Refugee Crisis. [Re: Tom Satanic]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

But just like that silly Occupy movement, France has already lost focus. Give it time, the military will have to move in to restore order. Then itís back to the same old business. People in large mobs want too many things at once and in too many different directions. Itís just chaos. All chaos is organized once again. Doesnít always turn out as expected. Their single achievement was blocking the fuel tax. That was weeks ago. Now? Itís just watching it all burn for the joy of it.

#118364 - 02/03/19 02:57 AM Re: Refugee Crisis. [Re: SIN3]
Tom Satanic Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: SIN3
Itís just watching it all burn for the joy of it.

Amen!

I think they were also mad about the government going against their responsibility to give the people a safe place to live, what with all the no-go zones. A lot of shit. A shit hole is a shit hole, and it probably will likely get worse in some way before it gets better, at this point.

#118368 - 02/03/19 03:38 AM Re: Refugee Crisis. [Re: SIN3]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Shit is still going on.
But lost its media-coverage.

Currently the situation has difused a bit as he urged citizens to contact their local authorities for the grievances.
"Grand debate" it's being called.

He's a bit more wary now, knowing with the next set of political changes he'll be under scrutiny again.
As per usual, it became politics again as so-called "leaders" of the movement formed a political party.

#118400 - 02/04/19 12:15 PM Re: Refugee Crisis. [Re: Dimitri]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

It's getting coverage. I see it daily. What I'm saying is, at this point it's just anger and chaos. Nothing more can be accomplished by it. I don't even think it's established a fear of the people. I've seen plenty of government officials assault the yellow jackets without fear of consequence. It's just crowd control, to the best they can manage. The Fuel Tax is not likely to arise again soon, but there will always be complaints. You can't appease them all. That's why I mentioned Occupy specifically. That was a hot mess too, what started as a focused movement quickly became whatever people were angry about. Throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks.

#118445 - 02/06/19 02:55 PM Re: Refugee Crisis. [Re: SIN3]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Paris isn't too far away from here.
Had seen its rise up close, and seeing the state it is in now.

Occupy never went away either.
It merely dissolved into something else.
Up here it came back under the yellow jackets-movement.
Pretty sure, in time and with other clowns, the parade will return.

Weak times without strong men and leaders.
Hence the rise of "Social Justice".
Things are boiling and the movements merely led off a bit of steam.
Shit's on fire.

Edited by Dimitri (02/06/19 02:56 PM)

#118448 - 02/06/19 05:19 PM Re: Refugee Crisis. [Re: Dimitri]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

But you're missing my point here. Occupy is nothing in particular, nothing specific. Likewise the Yellow Jacket Movement has dissolved into the same sort of thing. You don't see Occupiers on the streets burning shops to the ground. You see a few isolated protests for this and that and then people disperse and go back to their lives.

At some point, the same thing will happen in France. Whether by force of Law, or lack of interest.

#118450 - 02/06/19 07:34 PM Re: Refugee Crisis. [Re: SIN3]
Tom Satanic Offline
stranger

It could very well dissipate, but I think the French people have shown that they are prepared to act if necessary. It seems to me a more rounded movement than antifa. Actually anything is better than that.

Things could still go further, since a lot of issues are yet unresolved.

#118457 - 02/07/19 12:24 AM Re: Refugee Crisis. [Re: SIN3]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

I doubt I did.
Both are the same.

Occupy "whatever" in its initial days had a goal.
More and more people jumped on the bandwagon and its initial point got lost.

Hence my commentary remains.

#118473 - 02/07/19 04:50 PM Re: Refugee Crisis. [Re: Dimitri]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Sigh... Dimi. Maybe read slower? You have missed my point completely.

And Tom, the French government have already passed a bill to prevent public protesting of the government. Think it will hold?

#118482 - 02/07/19 09:33 PM Re: Refugee Crisis. [Re: SIN3]
Tom Satanic Offline
stranger

I don't know. That is up to the protesters in how far they want to go. There have apparently been many laws passed in recent years that the French are not happy with, so the riots are no surprise. I can't trust the mainstream media, the yellow vesters they interview say they don't know, or that peaceful protest is better than "riots." I do wonder if that is the mentality of the larger number.

Situations like this are an opportunity for govrenments to imply more laws and restrictions, which are only escalated in their terms after the storm blows over. The only option then might be to push for completely new reps and laws, which to address your question, might be the only way of making anything last.

I suppose if the government were more concerned they would be more hesitant in making such laws so quick.

Time will tell.

Edited by Tom Satanic (02/07/19 09:34 PM)

Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.042 seconds of which 0.022 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.