Page 17 of 19 « First<1516171819>
Topic Options
#65665 - 03/24/12 01:44 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Lokian88]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Spirit of the law, not the letter. Why would you expect different on a site for Satanists?

On that note, I think the teachers have enough hall monitors for this semester.

#65675 - 03/24/12 06:19 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Morgan]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
I had the opportunity to go to the ralley, with an Atheist group that I am a member of, they rented a bus and are making a one day trip out of it. I opted not to go because I don't feel comfortable in big crowds, even if they are on my side \:\)

#65676 - 03/24/12 06:31 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Lokian88]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:

Seem to be an awful lot of one-liners in this thread. Does that mean as long as you are part of the "in crowd", or "I'm more Satanic than you" crowd that such things are then permissible?

I realize that I won't gain any ground with such a statement, but seriously, there is conformity to a particular format, or their is hypocrisy, and I think I see alot of the latter here.

One liners are discouraged because they rarely add anything to the flow of a thread. For instance to have someone reply, “Oh yeah I agree with that totally,” or “Nah, you're an idiot,” or even much worse, “LOL,” would be a waste of space.

On the other hand, if someone can construct a mind blowing reply or a retort using just one line, that would make us shake in appreciation for that person's contribution, it is doubtful that anyone would give them a warning for it. But it better be damn good. ;\)

As for possibly being called out as the occasional “Hypocrite,” I take no offense, and sometimes will openly admit to being one; but only occasionally.

#65678 - 03/24/12 06:36 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Asmedious]
Morgan Offline
stalker

Loc: New York City
For the general consumption:

Because some people jump into a thread and don't read the opening statement about what the whole thread is about....

Re what Fist wrote:
Sometimes we have random thoughts that are too big for the Random Thoughts box, yet they do not quite rise to the level of a real thread.

Sometimes you just want to show off a cool thing you found, much like we use the Music, TV, or Food and Drink threads.

Have something to share? Need get something off your chest? Care to make an observation? Do you feel the need to 'share' with the class? Do it here.

Is that better?????

Morgan

#65679 - 03/24/12 07:00 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Morgan]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Fascinating not how supremacy seems so great an idea on paper yet so intolerable when subjected to on a forum.

The irony...

D.

#65686 - 03/25/12 01:24 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Morgan]
Sammiesam Offline
stranger

Loc: CA

Couldn't make it there, but we did a small rally in Temecula, CA today. Here's a pic of me with my sign.

#73942 - 12/28/12 03:55 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Sammiesam]
Morgan Offline
stalker

Loc: New York City
These are nice quality and they do fast shipping.
I really like mine. I thought it was time for another one. The one below is the style I bought from them recently. It doesn't have that center off key mark like the pic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Invert-Pentacle-...=item2a1ddc5193

M.

#74183 - 01/07/13 12:00 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Fist]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Little wtf-moment of the day.
Roommate of mine came in from work with a box.
The thing is, he found a dead Jack Snipe and thought it was a pretty beautifull bird.
At this moment we're going to have it stuffed. Pictures will follow when it's done.

Wouldn't be the first time he came home with a dead animal. Two years ago we found a European Pine Marten and had it stuffed by another friend which is now standing on one of our shelves, scaring the crap out of my cat. (Pictures provided on demand).

#74386 - 01/12/13 06:13 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Dimitri]
Conchis Offline

Loc: us
Just started a new musical project utilizing this concept.

Quote:
By reversing the process of producing a spectrogram, it is possible to create a signal whose spectrogram is an arbitrary image. This technique can be used to hide a picture in a piece of audio and has been employed by several electronic music artists.[10] See also steganography.

Should be lots-o-fun. I plan on throwing some occult symbolism into my audio spectrograph to see what happens.

If you are not familiar with what a spectrogram is see the full wiki artical here.

Edited by Conchis (01/12/13 06:29 PM)

#74851 - 01/25/13 10:29 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Conchis]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
So, evidently, the Egyptian humans of antiquity weren't the only ones on the planet using the stars for navigation.

#75812 - 04/08/13 01:15 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Fnord]
XiaoGui17 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Austin, TX
There's a guy here in Austin who sings Donnie McClurkin's Hallelujah song, all the time, somewhat out of order and off-key, excluding the Spanish bits. Every time I've been on the bus, he's done it constantly. I found it a bit eccentric, but shrugged it off.

Just now, I saw this same guy get arrested. Three cop cars surrounded him. As they were asking him to put his hands up, stand against the car, spread his feet, etc., he continued to sing, "Thank you Jesus! Praise the Lord! Hallelujah!" at the top of his lungs. The cops seemed to be doing their best to ignore it and go through the motions as usual, but they were exchanging looks. I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

#76748 - 05/29/13 07:29 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Dimitri]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
I'd like to see a picture of that. Random thought of the day: This reminded me of the Bates Motel series. A few episodes cover how Norman first got into Taxidermy and why. It's been a slow-burner series, but I came to like it. Taxidermy fascinates me.

#77104 - 06/13/13 12:45 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: SIN3]
Conchis Offline

Loc: us
"Not everyone wants to let the imagination lie unfettered. There are people out there who are professionally and philosophically committed to the morality of the blinding machine. Some are simply stupid; others think themselves better men and women than you or I - able to view depravities that would corrupt mere mortals, while they remain uncorrupted." ~Clive Barker~

Mr. Barker posted this earlier today, and I liked it enough to share. Clive Barker is a wonderful artist in both written and visual forms. Check out his website to view some of his paintings/sketches/written material here.

#77116 - 06/13/13 08:30 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Conchis]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
Thanks for sharing. I'm well aware of his schemata. I have some of his prints on the ceiling of my art studio. Inspiring.

#94316 - 11/19/14 11:27 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: SIN3]
XiaoGui17 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Austin, TX
When I was going to school this morning, I saw, by the stairs outside my apartment, a trash bag surrounded by several DVDs, a leather sleeve with some Post-It notes in it, a bottle of prescription medication, and a cell phone. Immediately, I think "stolen property." I mean, all the items look like they have some decent resell value to the naked eye, and they've all been scooped up and presumably carried in a trash bag.

My boyfriend notices that the door to the unit immediately above ours is hanging wide open. He knocks on the open door. Eventually, grudgingly, some guy we've never seen before and who doesn't live in that unit answers the door. I don't think I have ever seen anyone that drunk before. I have been falling over, blacked out, fight-picking, shit-stirring drunk, and I swear I have never been half as drunk as that guy was. It was clear to me he had no idea where the hell he was and did not understand the question being asked of him. His pants were slowly sliding off and he didn't seem to notice. He also looked like he had two black eyes.

My boyfriend suggested picking up the stuff for safekeeping, but I was extremely leery about keeping stolen property in our possession. We headed out, and he stopped to tell a maintenance man about the stuff. We figured, since the guys who live above us often have friends over to party, that this must be some guy who partied a little too hard.

Later that day we found out that the guys who live above us were out of town, and just got back this evening. They had no idea who the hell that guy was, but apparently the cops came by, no stuff was missing from their unit, their door had been kicked in (the frame was detached clean off the doorway), and there was a random bottle of whiskey on their couch. Their kittens got out but were retrieved. Their chihuahua is apparently still at large.

Page 17 of 19 « First<1516171819>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.005 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.