Page 19 of 19 « First<1516171819
Topic Options
#96686 - 02/15/15 02:45 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Fist]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: Fist
The reason western woman are not worried about modesty is because they don't care if they are raped:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/09/saudi-women-drivers_n_6649896.html

Ah, the religion of piece.

I recognize cultural differences. I also recognize a corruption in interpretation of age-old texts, as well as your personal biases... How very human of you.

#96689 - 02/15/15 10:12 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: SIN3]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
What I can say with certainty, is that anywhere where Islam is the predominant religion, the less likely anyone wants to live there. Most of the Muslims living in the West do so for a reason. Even in well developed Muslim nations like UAE, their first order of business is to import as many Westernisms as the law will allow.

Strangely, when the Muslims get over to the West, their first order of business is to try to establish the very sort of living they just fled from.

Many Muslim sympathizers in the US are that way, simply because they don't know any better. Few have ever left this country, fewer still set foot in the Middle East, and only the smallest minority have ever lived for an extended period Muslim lands.

"So you been to school for a year or two and know you seen it all..."

What you need is a Holiday In Cambodia, or in this case, a holiday in Riyadh, where women dress in black...

Look, there is simply no getting around the general rapeyness of Muslim men.

#96707 - 02/16/15 02:34 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Fist]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Quote:
Look, there is simply no getting around the general rapeyness of Muslim men.

The trouble I see with this general statement is that you appear to be using Islam and Middle Eastern culture as the general cause for Rape and the Rapeyness of Muslims.

I wonder how that statement would fare in the Pinocchio test

Snowfall is beautiful but I don't want to live in Antarctica.

#101552 - 07/14/15 09:25 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: SIN3]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
For those who don’t know, I’ve written a book called DILF: Confessions of a Sexy Dad. It’s a quirky look at, as one person described it, “stream-of-consciousness meets loose biography meets written stand-up comedy meets cultural commentary.” As with any book, some will like it and others won’t. I make the same profit per sale regardless.

If you’re a dumbass and want to pay full price, go here. If you'd rather get a discount, go here. If you want a chance to win a free copy, go here. If you can’t make up your mind, go here.

#103290 - 10/08/15 03:41 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: XiaoGui17]
XiaoGui17 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Austin, TX
Forgive me, I just had to have a little rant, because I am so fed up with the BS right now.

Symptoms = Split second lapse in consciousness, followed by slight twitching
MRI = Negative for any sort of seizure-related abnormality.
EEG = Negative for any sort of seizure-related abnormality.
Blood serum tests = Negative for any sort of seizure-related abnormality.
Doctor's diagnosis = Vasovagal syncope (a.k.a. fancy medical term for "passing out")

BUMED: DQ'd because "history of seizures."

Um, excuse me, what's the point of even running a test if you're going to assume a person has something regardless of what the results are?

I'm not a physician, so maybe I'm not qualified to form an opinion, but I'm going to go out on a limb and hazard a guess that just maaaaybe not sleeping for a week straight because I was cramming for finals might adequately explain why I experienced a split-second lapse in consciousness. (As it turns out, slight muscle twitches shortly after passing out are perfectly common and rarely a sign of any sort of seizure disorder.)

I mean, I guess there is the remote possibility that someone with a nosebleed might have ebola, but do we automatically quarantine a guy with a nosebleed? Especially if his nosebleed immediately followed getting hit in the nose? And he screened negative for ebola? Really?

The doctor probably only ordered a screening for seizures in the first place because because I told him I was in law school and he thought, "Oh god please don't sue us. Run ALL the tests."

I'm going to go punch a pillow now.

#103545 - 10/23/15 09:44 PM The (un)Offical 600 Club App for Android [Re: XiaoGui17]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I have needed to find a new hobby for the sake of my own sanity. I have found several. One of which is the development of apps for Android. My first project is a relatively simply one. After installation, one opens the app, taps on the background image and it opens your phone's browser to The 600 Club's landing page. I enabled cookies in the app so theoretically, once you log in via the app you should remain logged in provided you check the "remember me on each visit" box below the username and password fields. As I said, it is nothing fancy but for a first try I am happy with the results. If anyone is interested in giving it a try it can be downloaded from the following link:

http://jmp.sh/Z1tEanW

#103550 - 10/24/15 02:32 PM Re: The (un)Offical 600 Club App for Android [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
Coding for the sake of your own sanity? 'May as well fire-proof your home by dowsing it in gasoline.

In all seriousness, though, that's how it all starts - a series of simple yet useful projects that in-time grow in complexity while pushing your skill-set. With that - best of luck to you, and have fun!

#103552 - 10/24/15 05:07 PM Re: The (un)Offical 600 Club App for Android [Re: antikarmatomic]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

It seems counter-intuitive, I know, but if I don't have my mind fully focused on that it will wander other places I'd much prefer it not be going. And with the development program I am using, there really isn't much coding to worry about. I am also simultaneously trying to learn Python, though. I've also gotten into web development and pen-testing. Idle time has become quite the enemy as of late.

#103553 - 10/24/15 05:53 PM Re: The (un)Offical 600 Club App for Android [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
Coding is one of the best feelings in the world as long as you don't make the mistake of doing it for work. This is also why I don't learn anything that isn't directly relevant making games. Code what you love and the feeling of epiphany when solving a problem is euphoric.

I've been on C++ for a while but I still have a special love for python/pygame. You ever have questions or want to work on something my door's always open to you, man.

#103560 - 10/25/15 09:26 AM Re: The (un)Offical 600 Club App for Android [Re: TV is God]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
Ah, the endorkment is strong in this thread. This pleases me \:D

Originally Posted By: 6S
It seems counter-intuitive, I know, but if I don't have my mind fully focused on that it will wander other places I'd much prefer it not be going.
Totally understandable, and more importantly, productive. As it usually happens, though, the coding aspects sort of accrete over time even with the products that "promise" minimal coding required (including web development). This is not a bad thing. It's just a natural consequence of what eventually happens when a person starts thinking "hmm___ this is good, but can I make it do more?" - the answer is usually "yes, but you gotta add some code" - before long, and almost insidiously, one finds themselves pretty damned proficient.

This is one of the cool things about coding - you don't actually have to take any courses, just keep building projects, come up with an idea to have it do something, Google around, and sure enough there'll be more than a few answers and explanations out there. Even so, the process can getting maddening at times, but as TV said it is incredibly rewarding when you do finally figure out a solution, and even more so when you have a final working product.

Originally Posted By: TV
Coding is one of the best feelings in the world as long as you don't make the mistake of doing it for work.
Yeah, it has its ups and downs. I couldn't be a code-monkey - that sounds awful.

Basically I work in-house for a very large logistics company - it's a hybrid position of coder/systems architect/DBA the plus side is that I have a fair amount of autonomy, most of the projects are interesting, and I mostly work from home in my boxers. The down-side is that not all of these projects are very interesting. In either case the real drag is that after 8-10 hours of coding at work, no matter how cool the project I have in mind to do on my own time *is*, at the end of the day the thought of spending another 8 hours in front of a computer is almost repugnant.

I suppose this it true of any craft one decides to make a profession out of.

Incidentally for the last several years I've heard nothing but good things about Python, but I just never got around to tinkering with it - likewise I'd offer any insights, but I just wouldn't be much help in that area.

Mostly I stick with C++, C#, F#, and SQL (that's what pays the bills). I'm ok with Java, but don't use it very often. A recent side-project I've been working on for a friend rekindled an old love-affair I once had with QT - I have to say, I am thoroughly impressed with how far it has come since last I worked with it - definitely worth checking out.

Edited by antikarmatomic (10/25/15 09:32 AM)

#103565 - 10/25/15 05:36 PM Re: The (un)Offical 600 Club App for Android [Re: antikarmatomic]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

It is indeed rather rewarding to solve a development problem that has been a thorn in one's side for close to a week. On the other hand, it is damned infuriating when you realize it was because a ) was put in the wrong spot or a > was omitted. If HTML is remedial English, Python seems a cross between Klingon and Aramaic some asshole transcribed in braille for his own sick amusement.

For the app development I am using MIT App Inventor2 which has a GUI creating a deceptive appearance of simplicity. And after reverse engineering several apps and seeing all the various files filled with line after line of code the drag and drop is certainly easier than having to code all of that stuff but it certainly isn't as simple as it appears on the surface. And as you stated, greater functionality is going to require some coding skills.

All of which has really been driven home for me since running a dual boot of Kali Linux 2 alongside my main OS of Windows 10. Sure, Windows may have a more user-friendly interface for the average PC user but there's something about being able to pop open a root terminal and hack shit out that is so much more...satisfying. It reminds me of being 8 years old and having to type out 10 lines of commands into my Commodore 64 just to play a shitty ninja game which always shut the system down at the third or fourth level but I'd just turn it back on and do it all again.

As an aside, was damn proud of myself for setting up the successful dual boot without turning my laptop into an over-priced paperweight in the process. I'm tech savvy enough to know that it is no great accomplishment but partitioning disks and fucking with BIOS settings can be rather nerve racking when you have no fucking clue what you're doing.

#106810 - 05/16/16 09:19 PM Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog... [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
I’ve written a second (and probably last) book, a collection of fake celebrity news stories called Icons: Celebrity Satire. Below is one of the stories. I hope you like it.

Marilyn Manson

1/1/15 – Shock rocker Marilyn Manson is no stranger to the strange, but this one is really out there. Today at a wedding chapel in Las Vegas shortly after ringing in the New Year, Manson and Lily White tied the knot. It was a sweet, if awkward, event attended by family and friends. What was awkward about it? Only the fact that Lily is not a woman, or a human for that matter. Lily is Manson’s cat.

That’s right, Marilyn Manson married a cat. It wasn’t just any cat, though. It was Lily, his beloved pet and confidante for the last several years. “I was very happy after Lily and I eskimo kissed and Elvis pronounced us spouses for life,” said Manson, 45. “As far as I’m concerned this was an official ceremony, maybe not in the eyes of the law but certainly in my heart. I love Lily, and I want the world to know.” Manson said he plans to visit Lily’s veterinary clinic and get her name changed in the records as Lily White Manson. “This marriage is special to me. I wouldn’t have done it otherwise.”

The Elvis who officiated the wedding? That would be none other than Manson’s friend Johnny Depp. “It was fun, we all had a good time,” Depp said. “Manson’s his own guy, you know? This meant a lot to him, and I’m glad I could be a part of it.” Manson’s bassist and longtime BFF Twiggy Ramirez served as best man, and his father Hugh Warner walked Lily down the aisle. Actually, it was Lily who walked Hugh. “I had her on a leash, and she led the way toward my son,” said Warner. “Then he held her and rubbed her neck as she purred throughout the whole thing. That’s how much they love each other.”

It was enough to get one audience member choked up, actress Vanessa Hudgens. “I was actually crying,” Hudgens said. “I expected to laugh but I don’t know, it was just really sweet. I’ve been going through some things in my life, and it was just nice to get away from it for a bit.” Both Hudgens and Selena Gomez attended the ceremony wearing sexy miniskirts and high heels. The two had starred in the 2012 movie Spring Breakers, and Manson had attended the premiere. As for a possible Selena-Vanessa reunion? “I could definitely see myself doing another movie with her,” Gomez said. “If the right script came along then sure, why not? Maybe something romantic like this wedding.”

What’s next for Mr. and Mrs. Manson? Why the honeymoon, of course. “Lily and I plan to spend the next couple weeks in the red light district of Amsterdam,” Manson said. “The best thing about being married to a cat is that I can sleep with whoever I want, and my wife won’t mind as long as she has her scratching post.”

Lily will accompany Manson on his tour, which resumes next month. One can only hope that this celebrity marriage will last.

To see three more stories, click here.

If you’d like to sign up for a chance to win a free copy of Icons, click here.

If you want pizza, click here.

#118615 - 02/16/19 02:00 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog... [Re: William Wright]
XiaoGui17 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Austin, TX
So I had a case where this woman kept speaking out of turn. I kept telling her, "I'm going to let you testify, but I can only take one person's testimony at a time. Wait your turn and you'll get a chance to testify, too."

After the fourth time I give her this spiel, she said, "Nah, lemme tell YOU something," kept shouting over me, and finally said, "You go ahead and make your decision! I'm gonna WIN, cause I'm a WINNER!" Then she stormed out.

So I put her down as not having testified, since we never got to her turn to testify and I have to disregard all out-of-order statements she made. Since all the evidence I had was from the other party and that's what I had to rule on, I ruled against her.

Guess who appealed my decision?

What she doesn't realize is that, since the record reflects that she didn't testify at the first hearing, her appeal is interpreted as a petition to reopen the hearing, and guess who gets to hear that petition?

The original Appeal Tribunal. The one that held the first hearing. She's gonna shit a brick.

#118616 - 02/16/19 02:30 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog... [Re: William Wright]
samowens84 Online

Originally Posted By: William Wright
I’ve written a second (and probably last) book, a collection of fake celebrity news stories called Icons: Celebrity Satire. Below is one of the stories. I hope you like it.

Marilyn Manson

1/1/15 – Shock rocker Marilyn Manson is no stranger to the strange, but this one is really out there. Today at a wedding chapel in Las Vegas shortly after ringing in the New Year, Manson and Lily White tied the knot. It was a sweet, if awkward, event attended by family and friends. What was awkward about it? Only the fact that Lily is not a woman, or a human for that matter. Lily is Manson’s cat.

That’s right, Marilyn Manson married a cat. It wasn’t just any cat, though. It was Lily, his beloved pet and confidante for the last several years. “I was very happy after Lily and I eskimo kissed and Elvis pronounced us spouses for life,” said Manson, 45. “As far as I’m concerned this was an official ceremony, maybe not in the eyes of the law but certainly in my heart. I love Lily, and I want the world to know.” Manson said he plans to visit Lily’s veterinary clinic and get her name changed in the records as Lily White Manson. “This marriage is special to me. I wouldn’t have done it otherwise.”

The Elvis who officiated the wedding? That would be none other than Manson’s friend Johnny Depp. “It was fun, we all had a good time,” Depp said. “Manson’s his own guy, you know? This meant a lot to him, and I’m glad I could be a part of it.” Manson’s bassist and longtime BFF Twiggy Ramirez served as best man, and his father Hugh Warner walked Lily down the aisle. Actually, it was Lily who walked Hugh. “I had her on a leash, and she led the way toward my son,” said Warner. “Then he held her and rubbed her neck as she purred throughout the whole thing. That’s how much they love each other.”

It was enough to get one audience member choked up, actress Vanessa Hudgens. “I was actually crying,” Hudgens said. “I expected to laugh but I don’t know, it was just really sweet. I’ve been going through some things in my life, and it was just nice to get away from it for a bit.” Both Hudgens and Selena Gomez attended the ceremony wearing sexy miniskirts and high heels. The two had starred in the 2012 movie Spring Breakers, and Manson had attended the premiere. As for a possible Selena-Vanessa reunion? “I could definitely see myself doing another movie with her,” Gomez said. “If the right script came along then sure, why not? Maybe something romantic like this wedding.”

What’s next for Mr. and Mrs. Manson? Why the honeymoon, of course. “Lily and I plan to spend the next couple weeks in the red light district of Amsterdam,” Manson said. “The best thing about being married to a cat is that I can sleep with whoever I want, and my wife won’t mind as long as she has her scratching post.”

Lily will accompany Manson on his tour, which resumes next month. One can only hope that this celebrity marriage will last.

To see three more stories, click here.

If you’d like to sign up for a chance to win a free copy of Icons, click here.

If you want pizza, click here.

This was hilarious. Love the pragmatic attitude of the cat. I think that's my spirit animal lol.

#118622 - 02/16/19 11:01 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog... [Re: William Wright]
aeon6 Offline

Loc: København, Denmark
His keen affinity for feline is natural.
But imagine if there had been cats in Doppelherz. They would have been the focus of the film.
Pet Sematary meets Mephisto.

Page 19 of 19 « First<1516171819

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.005 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.