Page 5 of 19 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#19487 - 02/01/09 04:19 AM Re: t shirt hell [Re: ta2zz]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
i hope that guy does something equally as funny. i rarely laugh out loud when shopping for shirts.
#19607 - 02/03/09 09:58 PM "What don't you fucking understand?" [Re: PigFeeder]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Well, in case no one is familiar with the show "TMZ", it's a celeb gossip show. But it's usually pretty goddamn funny. Tonight they featured an audio clip taken of Christian Bale totally going off on the director of photography for supposedly ruining a scene Bale had been right in the middle of.

Do not piss off Patrick Bateman!
http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/02/bale-went-ballistic

Now check out the techno remix someone made of it (I just about peed from laughing so hard)
http://perezhilton.com/2009-02-03-bale-out

This happened last year, the same week that "The Dark Knight" premiered, and a few days before he went off on his mom and sister and got himself arrested (they were badgering him for money--who wouldn't get pissy?). His friend and co-star had recently died, and apparently Bale had been interrupted by the photography director in the midst of a tense scene. The man's already an intense actor, and delves into each role like he's actually becoming the character.

Maybe he just really had to return some videotapes.

#19611 - 02/04/09 01:06 AM Re: "What don't you fucking understand?" [Re: Nemesis]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
That was, indeed, hilarious...

In one sense, I can totally see where he's coming from, it is totally distracting, and so difficult to get into the mindset when you're interrupted, at the very least, visually.

When I'm on a rant, and it seems to be "going good", the worst fucking thing in the world is someone to knock on my door, or walk into the room. It completely fucks the train of thought, and the intention of the discussion...

Otherwise,

His response was childish, heated, and lacked self-control... but that's why we love our actors, I guess...

You'd think they were in the middle of a difficult mathematical equation, though. I know it's an "art", but damn, you get shitloads of money for "pretending"... I'd be the happiest guy on earth! Another take? Fine. What's my salary again? Ok, fine. Just make sure this guy doesn't fuck up my scenes again, mmmkay?

I thought "adaptability" was something one learns in the "dramatic arts"... I guess some people take the idea of "make-believe" way out of proportion.

I loved the "song" - I'd dance to it.

#19705 - 02/05/09 08:27 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Fist]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Just some stuff on my mind.

Whats the perfect way to make people disbelieve/believe in something?
Make a movie about it.

The timing of the 2 jewish resistance ww2 movies in theatres as they are fighting the palestines.

The new anti-world bank movie,and political mutant power movie.

"That stuff can't be real they just made a movie about it."

Movies were always used as propaganda, but has it kinda been kicked up into high gear lately.

Any thoughts, or am just seeing stuff that isn't there?

M

#19708 - 02/05/09 09:03 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Morgan]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Movies certainly are a good way to get people to believe/disbelieve anything.

I saw this same idea brought up somewhere else, "That isn't true, it was in a movie", but I can't remember where. Whole lot of help I am.

#19717 - 02/05/09 11:52 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Morgan]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I have to agree. How many times I have heard the "truth" just because it was in a movie or on the internet. It's the instant information generation. If it is in a movie or on the internet in some blog, then it is fact. Never mind using written word, statistics, and facts to check this. TMZ said it, so it is fact.

#19727 - 02/06/09 01:32 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: fakepropht]
Hoowie Offline
lurker

Loc: Clover, SC, USA
I have to agree as well. There have been too many times people will say or refer to something they saw in a movie, or on TV, and think that it's total fact.

Now I'm not sayin' that everything in a movie, or on TV is total BS. But if you want to learn about something, there are better methods that just watchin' hollywood reproductions.

#19730 - 02/06/09 02:30 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Hoowie]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
I think Morgan was also citing that... just because they did make a movie out of it, doesn't mean it's bullshit.

That is, this "propaganda" can be used in any way... "disinformation", or "information", with the assumption the public will think the former, thereby causing confusion... etc.

#19736 - 02/06/09 03:42 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: fakepropht]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Hmmm Fake, you have to be carefull with it.
Sometimes things shown on television or found instantly on the internet are true. It only depends from where you get the information and how they provide references of their findings.

Like searching on the internet; if you find a descent looking website with information and reference material it tends to hold some good information. However, you can be sure of it when the provided URL has written ".edu" written somewhere which shows the site has been made by scholars or is linked to an university.

From television: well mostly documentaries can hold something "true". However, I choose my words wisely and say "can". Media has also been renowend to make false documentaries to keep people dumb. But at overall, when watching NGC or discovery channel it may provide good stuff.

#19747 - 02/06/09 07:06 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Dimitri]
Jake999 Offline

One thing to remember about fact vs. fantasy in a theatrical depiction of ANY event is that it IS THEATRICAL. By nature, the depiction must be "enhanced" for the general viewing audience, allowing for creative or artistic license that ultimately colors that depiction, based on the bias or perception or agenda of the filmmaker. And face it, people... they don't make movies or TV programs to keep you informed, although some information may well be passed in the viewing or them. They make movies and TV programs to MAKE MONEY... yours. They want to keep you titillated, and interested, and satisfied, so you'll watch the program, buy the product and come again.

For instance, let's take a movie that might be made about "A NIGHT AT THE BLACK HOUSE WITH JAKE." OK... cut... let's change that title... "IN THE BOWELS OF HELL." Yeah. On location: San Francisco, a warm summer's night... cut... cue the winds and storms and thunder... lots of thunder. Yeah. Cue Jake walking... cut... THAT'S JAKE? Get that creepier looking guy there... yeah, the one with the hook for a hand. Yeah. Jake rings the buzzer and the door is opened by Anton LaVey... cut... let's get a tall guy in a black robe. Yeah. Jake goes into the office and gets to work sorting the mail, going through the phone messages... cut... where's the babes? Shouldn't we have a sexy secretary for that... Jake's love interest? Maybe he's trying to take her away from LaVey who has her enslaved in the Black House... yeah. LaVey comes in... LOTS OF THUNDER... and pours a cup of coffee... scratch that... vodka, an 8 oz glass... and cracks a joke about... no, no, that won't do... LaVey announces his plan to magically curse the new President... wait... it's 1984? Ok... he's announcing his plan to clone George Orwell's pancreas. Yeah.

Now, they got that I might go to The Black House, and they got that I might check the mail, and they got that LaVey might come it... all pieces of information, BUT with the agenda of making a movie for the masses, it becomes garbled in a haze of hyperbole.

While I watch The History Channel, NGeo and Discovery, I've noticed, as I'm sure you all have as well, that they're pretty much stuck on an "end times" theme, and have been for the past year or so. There's a LOT of agenda showing... fear mongering, mostly... Nostrodamus, Bible Code, The Mayan Death Calendar, Armageddon, The Book of Revelations... these things pretty much dominate the landscape even of these "educational" channels. The message... time is short... wake up. Be good. Don't live for today, because the end is coming.

Caveat emptor, ladies and gentlemen.

Edited by Jake999 (02/06/09 07:07 AM)

#19748 - 02/06/09 07:10 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Jake999]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

You should have become an actor... :P

#21551 - 03/04/09 08:37 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Fist]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Reminder:

Use this thread for rants and ideas too big for the shout box, and too small for a new topic of conversation....

Thanks, and Have a Nice Day...

Morgan

(Yeah, I'm blue, but I felt like helping)

#21615 - 03/06/09 03:11 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Morgan]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Wondering if we can make this work? Grandpabeast didn't realize it, but he kind of challenged me to a drinking contest. I'm not about to travel to Utah to throw down. And I am sure he isn't going to travel to Virginia. So, if I get a camera, could we do this in the chatroom? We can agree on rules, drinks, time frame, etc. Are we going for volume, time, shots? This is a public challenge Grandpabeast. Let's throw down on camera. Users can log in and watch us (boring or not), and egg us on. First one to crash or call an ambulance loses. I just have to get permission from the wife to begin drinking at 8 in the morning lol. Any other takers? We can iron out the rules and start "Beerfest"!!!!

#21616 - 03/06/09 03:45 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: fakepropht]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

I'm not sure when you guys are going to start, but I can't watch this weekend. I'm planning on doing that offliine in real life being all social and everything.

hmm, agree upon type of drinks.
make sure you have enough stuff.
agree to drink random shots ordered to be consume by the audience in chat.
time frame is whenever you guys can sit and drink all day.

I would join in, but i already did the drunken bit on absenthe in the chatroom.

Enjoy,
Morg

#21622 - 03/06/09 04:39 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: fakepropht]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Drinking contest? I wouldn't mind getting in on that. I would have to get ahold of a web cam first. I'm thinking each person with a half gallon of Jack Daniels and nice little game of shot for shot.

Page 5 of 19 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.