Page 6 of 19 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#21636 - 03/06/09 01:33 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
I'm in like sin!!!

Why didn't this come up sooner? Maybe some of the ladies could play some online strip-poker?

#21685 - 03/07/09 10:57 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: blsk]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
I just figured out why joseph oreilly is so annoying. He speaks in platitudes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platitude

To compensate for a lack of substance, he makes a poor attempt at style by using big words to express small concepts.

Right now, I am experiencing a moment of intense clarity.

#21690 - 03/07/09 11:27 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Fist]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I agree with that, it feels as if he is a simpleton using his 'impressive words generator'. Some parts seem smart but as a whole, it has very little value.

Whatever it is, at the moment, to me, it doesn't make much difference if he replies or just virtually takes a shit here, it's just a waste of time to read.

D.

#21692 - 03/07/09 11:39 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Diavolo]
Grandpabeast Offline

Loc: No. Utah. USA
FP, uhhhh I am still a hurting unit from the bottle of Jim Beam Black Label I drank the other night... After the booze was gone I started watch The Boondoc Saints (SP?) but ended up passing out. Plus, I stayed up way too many hours on my days off. I basically kicked my own ass...

Roger.

#21694 - 03/07/09 12:21 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Fist]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Ahh, Joseph....no wonder I can't comprehend your posts...you're not really saying anything at all. \:D

Fist, thank you for the insight.

I have to work with an idiot that speaks in NOTHING but platitudes. This person's sole sources of information are the local newspaper and news channels on tv. I can't recall a single original thing this man has said in the 7 years I've been working here. Not to mention the stories he tells, repeatedly, as though no one's ever heard them 1000 times before. It wouldn't be so terrible if the guy didn't talk so loudly across the lab, so all the other unfortunate employees have to hear him. I've had to wear earplugs and sing to myself on several occasions, because just the mere sound of his voice was pushing me to a homicidal breaking point.

#21696 - 03/07/09 12:27 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Nemesis]
Grandpabeast Offline

Nemesis, one word. iPod, it always works well for me! More problem is though I have 68 young men in the dorm who must have brain damage bucause the ask the same questions and snivel about the same shit over and over every. It really used to drive me nuts but now after nine years I have bemome somewhat used to it.

Roger.

#21697 - 03/07/09 12:31 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Grandpabeast]
Nemesis Offline

Oh trust me, I keep one with me at all times. Unfortunately we're not permitted to listen to them at work, having to keep an ear out for our machines and pages and such. I've learned to keep my mental jukebox going all day in order to compensate, then I blast my ipod in the truck on the way home

#21700 - 03/07/09 12:56 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Nemesis]
Grandpabeast Offline

I can relate, I blast and bump in the Jeep on the way home from work. On days I really aren't feeling motivated or like coming to work I will crank up some kick ass tunes on my way into work. I listen to my iPod at work, but I just hook it up to my computer speakers in my office.

Roger.

#21714 - 03/07/09 08:11 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Fist]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Fist
I just figured out why joseph oreilly is so annoying. He speaks in platitudes.

Thank you for the link and the word to describe this weakness... I was going to call him out yesterday on his use of big words to dress up his little ideas...

~T~

PS nice avatar Nemesis...

#21716 - 03/07/09 09:40 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: ta2zz]
Nemesis Offline

Thank you T...I was getting tired of looking at myself.

#21718 - 03/07/09 10:04 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Nemesis]
Linaka113 Offline

Loc: East Bay 510 CA
Nemesis, You not the only one. There have been times were I just dont understand what this fool is talking about. Yes he is talking in platitude like a chat room bot. He goes off topic at times leaving me with "UHH WTF". I get speachless at times because of him. He is very confusing to understand.

Wake up Joseph wake up get in touch with reality instead of a dreamland.

#21720 - 03/07/09 11:24 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Fist]
Cody Offline
pledge

It's that semi-bi-monthly thing again isn't it

Edited by Cody (03/07/09 11:25 PM)

#21736 - 03/08/09 06:47 AM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Cody]
Grandpabeast Offline

Insomnia sucks! I tried to go to bed early last night so I could be up early for work today. No go... I haven't been able to sleep for shit. I work split shifts, three swings and two mornings. Not only does it really screw up ones social life, but is brutal when it comes to trying to establish a regular sleep schedule. Now that I am supposed to be getting up in 45 minutes, I will probably be able to fall to sleep. Looks like I will end up using another vacation day again. The Doctor gave me something to take for sleep when I have these spells, but I really hate to use it.

Roger.

#21751 - 03/08/09 06:03 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Grandpabeast]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
Have you tried getting ambium? They gave that to us on the flight back to the states and we were all out like lights withing 20 minutes we didn't wake up the entire flight.

#21761 - 03/08/09 09:25 PM Re: Neither fish nor fowl, The 600 Club blog.... [Re: Ringmaster]
Grandpabeast Offline

I tried to get Ambien, but they Dr. was still hesitant to use it. I ended up sleeping from about 6 AM until about 5 PM, but I still don't feel good. At first I thought it was just a bad hangover but I realize now that I must have caught a bug...

Roger.

Page 6 of 19 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.005 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.