Page 9 of 10 « First<678910>
Topic Options
#116261 - 05/10/18 10:24 AM Re: The Greater Church of Lucifer [Re: Oxus]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
That's not a response. That's a reaction. I am neither lonely nor frustrated. I live quite the happy awesome life.

Care to actually address the topic? The questions I've asked you?

#116262 - 05/10/18 10:45 AM Re: The Greater Church of Lucifer [Re: SIN3]
Dark Light 444 Offline

See; Sin3, this is why you can’t hang with the cool kids. You’re hung up. Your life may be awesome and happy (which is usually the case in everyone’s real life world), but on this forum, you’re surly.

Were you on debate teams and tournaments in school growing up? I ask because you remind me of my brother. Fucker could win any damn argument, and talk his way into or out of any situation. Thing is, he was never cool. Ended up being a meth shooting, ragged looking transgender who prefers to live homeless and prey on weak people.

Not saying you’re the same, I just see lots of parallels in your online presence.

#116263 - 05/10/18 02:52 PM Re: The Greater Church of Lucifer [Re: SIN3]
Oxus Offline

Originally Posted By: SIN3
Design my own wheel? What does that even mean Ox?
In other words why reinvent the wheel when it is already invented. In the context of my post, meaning that if someone has already figured out something that will assist you in your 'work', why not use it? Doing so does not make it any less valuable or make you any less authentic.

Quote:
Does "Become what you are..." mean anything to you?
How do you ever know what you are?

I see no problem arising from seeking out like-minded individuals in order to share information and ultimately evolve spiritually (or whatever you want to call what you are doing).

No one is saying that you can't work in solitude as well as in a group effort or at the very least a collective effort. But from your post, you are in fact stating that only solitude works. If you like putting square stones on your vehicle while others around you have Goodyear radials . . . then so be it.

Edited by Oxus (05/10/18 02:57 PM)

#116264 - 05/10/18 11:30 PM Re: The Greater Church of Lucifer [Re: Oxus]
samowens84 Offline

Lol shit son, I don't think solitude or group efforts are naturally superior to another. In the group I met today though all they wanted to talk about was sex and thought they were super cool because they had naughty sexual histories. I kinda just played with my food and waited for someone to say something interesting, which never happened. Call it self-preservation but orgies don't interest me in the fucking slightest. Especially with a bunch of strangers. I'm not totally into solitude, just wary of new people and the potential for fucked up situations. As far as anything else its whatever lol. And yes, I'm surly as fuck and I like that about me. Groups or cliques don't really interest me as much as individual friends in different places. How my personality works.
#116265 - 05/11/18 02:50 AM Re: The Greater Church of Lucifer [Re: samowens84]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

To congregate implies getting a variety of views and takes together. A bit of inspiration to go around that might give a small proverbial "click". A little push that might lead one to discover and know more about themself.

Besides, it seems very odd to make the statement:
"I just find it an absurd notion that people gather together in buildings, go to conferences, make 'churches' and such to figure out this human coil. Even if a person gives say, a lecture, it's not going to sort out the specifics for you. It's not going to help you understand your own core, life experience, and what you're aiming at as time goes on. "

On a forum, dedicated to your subject of interest... from a person who wanted to become a member of ToS and has been heavily involved with CoC. Not to mention other memberships you're currently holding.

I see a bit of inconsistency there...

If people want to gather, it'll be on their own terms and their own reasons. The action remains the same despite the reasoning behind it. If you did, for whatever reason, the action remains. Apologetics be damned.

#116268 - 05/11/18 04:34 PM Re: The Greater Church of Lucifer [Re: Dimitri]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Only in your interpretation of statements and actions.

Take for instance this:

Originally Posted By: Dimi
from a person who wanted to become a member of ToS and has been heavily involved with CoC.

This tells me things, about your understanding, about the way you think and that you seem to think you're telling me about myself.

I can tell you, you are not only off, but wrong. You still don't even understand what the CoC was (is) nor my endeavor to peek inside the ToS.

A forum is like walking into a room, either engaging in a conversation or observing it - then leaving. A far cry from a congregation. I'm talking the endeavor for a brick and mortar establishment, or going to a con. It makes little to no sense for Satanism (a practice) let alone the LHP. *scratches head*

As for what Ox, is going on about. There is no wheel. There is only a willingness to self examine in contrast to outside input. The end.

My 'online presence' is a thing, always been a thing and that I'm here at all still bothers people.

In the late 80's I was accused of being either a CIA or FBI agent. Today it's a miserable meth head because I don't share other user's goals. Which has never been a 'spiritual pursuit'.

Something about occultniks...

#116273 - 05/12/18 02:49 AM Re: The Greater Church of Lucifer [Re: SIN3]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

As mentioned before.
I don't give a fuck about your reasons.
You did it and went out of the way to do it.

That's the gist of the issue.
It simply negates your entire premise.

#116275 - 05/13/18 07:05 AM Re: The Greater Church of Lucifer [Re: SIN3]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
I wouldn't underestimate the outside input. Our minds are largely influenced by the environment. While you might not be the type who is fond of going to churches and conferences, the conversations with other people, everything you read and watch influences to some extent the way you perceive the world.

Besides, you need some material for self-examination. You learn about yourself from your interactions with other people. Even if the outside input, in itself, doesn't tell you much about yourself, your reaction to it might give you a clue if you have a bit of self-honesty.

#116276 - 05/13/18 07:18 PM Re: The Greater Church of Lucifer [Re: Czereda]
Dark Light 444 Offline

Excellent points there, Anna. I think that’s the gist of what Ox was trying to say, summed up much better by you.

#116281 - 05/14/18 10:29 AM Re: The Greater Church of Lucifer [Re: Czereda]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

That this was your interpretation of my statement, omfg. I'm speaking Japanese over here.

Sigh... Whatever, carry on.

You and Dimi should go bowling.

#116287 - 05/14/18 07:16 PM Re: The Greater Church of Lucifer [Re: Oxus]
XiaoGui17 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Austin, TX
 Originally Posted By: Dark Light 444
They think that by hurling remarks like “you’re one of THEM” and “Ooh look! A RHPather!” in a manner akin to the screaming and pointing alien/human pods from Invasion of the Body Snatchers is some sort of “method of attainment”.

That or they don't think calling a spade a spade warrants much more musing than, "Hey, it's a spade!"

Originally Posted By: Oxus
 Quote:
It's not going to help you understand your own core, life experience, and what you're aiming at as time goes on.
Why not?

Can't speak for SIN3. Personally, I wouldn't say it's always unhelpful, but rather that it's insufficient on its own and generally unnecessary.

The thing is, there's hundreds of hundreds of people out there peddling their own system, and I've got to have some sort of barometer for which I'm going to give my time. There aren't enough hours in the day to listen to them all, even if I did nothing but that. So I've got to have some preliminary way of sorting worthwhile from timewaster.

And once that's done, the only way to tell if anyone's system has any merit is by going out and putting it to the test. In order for someone's lecture to help me understand my own experience, I've got to have the experience, ya know? The lecture is no substitute.

And if it turns out that I could have figured it out on my own with the experience alone, the lecture was superfluous fluff and life is too short.

Quote:
I see no problem arising from seeking out like-minded individuals in order to share information and ultimately evolve spiritually (or whatever you want to call what you are doing).

If your ultimate goal is to evolve, keep in mind that the spurring force of evolution is that which picks members of the population off, not that which tucks them in and cuddles with them.

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
To congregate implies getting a variety of views and takes together.

No, it doesn't. It implies getting a bunch of people together to download the same collective programming. It's not a forum. That is not what that word means.

#116292 - 05/15/18 12:47 AM Re: The Greater Church of Lucifer [Re: XiaoGui17]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Well, if the experiences you have in congregations (or simple gathering) implies people will be (and are) like-minded you just might try to start a conversation or two.

The reason for which people congregate is superfluous. A common well-liked theme. But an entire programming?
Each person is an individual with its unique thoughts and ideas. Every time people get together, ideas and views are clashing. Passively and actively.

Silence does not always imply agreement.

#116293 - 05/15/18 12:58 AM Re: The Greater Church of Lucifer [Re: Dimitri]
XiaoGui17 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Austin, TX
 Originally Posted By: Dimitri
Well, if the experiences you have in congregations (or simple gathering) implies people will be (and are) like-minded you just might try to start a conversation or two.

The term 'congregation' distinctly indicates a group of people flocking to listen to a sermon. 'Starting a conversation' isn't what 'congregations' are for. Forums are for conversations.

#116294 - 05/15/18 08:40 AM Re: The Greater Church of Lucifer [Re: XiaoGui17]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
Not necessarily. Sometimes, a discussion may follow a lecture. You often have it in academic setting. In this case, a lecture is a starting point for the exchange of views on the specific topic.

#116295 - 05/15/18 11:02 AM Re: The Greater Church of Lucifer [Re: Czereda]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

We aren't 'gathering' here, we aren't in an academic setting following a lecture. We aren't in a congregation, not part of a 'church', organization, or any such shit. This isn't difficult to understand. Any effort to keep forcing that square peg into a round hole just gives you softer edges.

Page 9 of 10 « First<678910>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.036 seconds of which 0.019 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.