Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#103606 - 10/27/15 09:49 PM Re: Your Personal Manifesto [Re: antikarmatomic]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Ca
*turns on camera*

Reads lengthy incoherent diatribe about secret government agendas, psychic operatives, and his failure in a world that has turned its back. Blames it all on some covert adversary. Says his righteousness will be vindicated and society has to pay for its compliance.

*turns off camera*

Kills 17 people at a shopping mall.

Anyway...

To respond to the 7 year old OP: I see my personal beliefs being shaped by experience and evolving to reflect that. The hard edge may soften and the fire may die down a bit, but the core isn't going anywhere.
11:56 PM July, 1st 2019
Wrote Signature

#103691 - 11/02/15 04:24 PM Re: Your Personal Manifesto [Re: antikarmatomic]
Bette Doom Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
Not exactly a newbie, but I'll take a stab at the challenge.

When I self-describe as a Satanist, the term doesn't refer to a personal code, or an icon of emulation. The Master of the World is beyond imitation, after all.

Reality (as I observe it) is structured in such as way as to be adversarial to human intelligence, inhospitable to human development, and unforgiving of our innate vulnerabilities. This makes the essential character of reality itself Satanic, operating as an engine which continually seeks the superlative through trial, waste, and suffering; renewing itself only through struggle against the titanic forces of entropy (external) and sloth (internal). The consequences of that inherent structure would be the same for human beings whether the Universe is supposed to be an intentional artifact (the religious view) or not (everybody else). Life is war over earth, and war in the soul of every man and woman. When the Biblical Proverbs intimate that "fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom," I believe that "fear of God" can just as easily be read "knowledge of Satan."

More poetically:

UNREST

A FIERCE unrest seethes at the core
Of all existing things:
It was the eager wish to soar
That gave the gods their wings.

From what flat wastes of cosmic slime, 5
And stung by what quick fire,
Sunward the restless races climb!—
Men risen out of mire!

There throbs through all the worlds that are
This heart-beat hot and strong, 10
And shaken systems, star by star,
Awake and glow in song.

But for the urge of this unrest
These joyous spheres are mute;
But for the rebel in his breast 15
Had man remained a brute.

When baffled lips demanded speech,
Speech trembled into birth—
(One day the lyric word shall reach
From earth to laughing earth.)— 20

When man's dim eyes demanded light,
The light he sought was born—
His wish, a Titan, scaled the height
And flung him back the morn!

From deed to dream, from dream to deed, 25
From daring hope to hope,
The restless wish, the instant need,
Still lashed him up the slope!
. . . . . .
I sing no governed firmament,
Cold, ordered, regular— 30
I sing the stinging discontent
That leaps from star to star!

-Don Marquis

Sure it's not what LaVey had in mind, but that old bag was just a Humanist in a Halloween costume to begin with.

Edited by Bette Doom (11/02/15 04:31 PM)

#103693 - 11/02/15 05:08 PM Re: Your Personal Manifesto [Re: Bette Doom]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
I think the "no poetry" rule can get a "pass" on this one. It's relevant, and says it better than I could.

As for LaVey... well... here's the thing - overtly I am a law abiding citizen - I do not condone the things that I do - why would I?

I totally understand that sometimes - often times - people do say "yes" while shaking their head from left to right - or shake their heads up and down while saying "no" - leaving it for others to read between the lines... yadda-yadda.

Is it humanism in halloween costumes? yeah - and also, well, it's palatable. Consider, say, a massage parlour - it can't exactly advertise "happy endings" or "prostitution", but those that know "know". Same deal with bodegas - or bread shops. What is advertised is not at all how they make their earnings, but what they do advertise keeps those who would be concerned about the goings-on basically at bay. Plausibly innocuous. Smart business decisions.

One must have eyes.

#103695 - 11/02/15 06:26 PM Re: Your Personal Manifesto [Re: antikarmatomic]
Bette Doom Offline

I had no idea that there was any such rule, my apologies!

I'd even go a step farther than saying that LaVeyan Satanism is just "palatable." On it's face, you're really just dealing with Rational Materialism + Hedonism and shucks damn...that's practically the new dogma of the postmodern West! In less than a generation, I think the basic tenants of LaVeyanism will sound positively conservative. There's nothing in the batter that you can cook into anything radical. Every era has its commanding ideologies and for my blood, LaVey was always right in the middle of the stream and rarely, if ever, truly against it. Maybe I'm being too hard on the guy, but as far as I can tell what's advertised is actually the product, for better or worse. But I should be careful with all this "against the stream" talk, I'm starting to remind myself of the freakin' Pope (only less tolerant).

#103700 - 11/03/15 12:17 PM Re: Your Personal Manifesto [Re: Bette Doom]
Gira Offline
stranger

Loc: Oro Valley, Arizona
I'm a recovering asshole.

I've spent the last thirteen years unlearning most of everything I knew. Satanism to me is like "dialectical behavior therapy". It has taught me to challenge; my beliefs, doubt's and assumptions without fear of reprisal, or my opinion getting in the way. I have learned the power of personal choice and unbiased humor. I no longer live in spite or self hatred from social \religious conditioning. This faith has enabled me to face the greatest enemy I've ever known... Myself.

#103701 - 11/03/15 02:18 PM Re: Your Personal Manifesto [Re: CanisMachina42]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
In a word: Argumentative.

I argue it to its face continually and it may make me no 'better', nor 'progress' me towards any end; though it is nigh.

The idea that the affects are demonized just tells me its unwanted and unwelcome. When has that ever stopped it?

To call Satan-ism a philosophy is inaccurate, it's energetic upon the static.

#103702 - 11/03/15 03:22 PM Re: Your Personal Manifesto [Re: Gira]
Bette Doom Offline

Originally Posted By: Gira
I'm a recovering asshole.

I've spent the last thirteen years unlearning most of everything I knew. Satanism to me is like "dialectical behavior therapy". It has taught me to challenge; my beliefs, doubt's and assumptions without fear of reprisal, or my opinion getting in the way. I have learned the power of personal choice and unbiased humor. I no longer live in spite or self hatred from social \religious conditioning. This faith has enabled me to face the greatest enemy I've ever known... Myself.

Very noble aspirations, yet there's actually nothing in any other faith tradition that would preclude you from pursuing self-development through self-examination and self-criticism. Fuck, you might as well be a Jew, for all the difference it makes.

What SIN pointed out, that the difference between a Satanist and a non-Satanist is energetic rather than ideological is bang on the money from where I'm standing. Those who do the work set aside for the Devil are the Devil's people. Simple as that.

#103716 - 11/04/15 12:07 AM Re: Your Personal Manifesto [Re: Bette Doom]
Gira Offline
stranger

I spoke nothing of what my goals are. These are summarized achievements. What I can remember of my previous faiths is a tangled mess of absolute extremes. My initial desires to understand why I should exercise this hatred I was taught towards others were consistently deemed forbidden by the religion I was practicing.

I originally did not know that the combination of; my faith, state of awareness and creedos at the time, was preventing me from growing. I assumed I was pursuing self-development through self-examination and self-criticism.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making." - Douglas Adams

#103722 - 11/04/15 09:56 AM Re: Your Personal Manifesto [Re: Gira]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
Maybe the thing that stands out in posts like these is that you held a previous faith and believe 'Satanism' taught you liberation. You also appear to regard it catalyst to question previously held ideas. It speaks to your core.

What is your faith in exactly?

#103723 - 11/04/15 11:42 AM Re: Your Personal Manifesto [Re: Bette Doom]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:
Those who do the work set aside for the Devil are the Devil's people. Simple as that.

/thread

/forums

/subject

Good to see you here again. \:\)

#103726 - 11/04/15 02:59 PM Re: Your Personal Manifesto [Re: Dan_Dread]
Gira Offline
stranger

I know it sounds like a funny denomination when said together, so I'll give it a try. Laveyan Satanist.

#104112 - 11/28/15 02:35 AM Re: Your Personal Manifesto [Re: Morgan]
nocTifer Offline
pledge

Loc: Khazakstan
 Originally Posted By: Morgan
...Do something, write something, show you think about yourself and the future of your personal beliefs. Show you can bring something to the table.... a personal responsibility. ...write about what makes you think, how this affects you, and where you want to go or where you see it bringing you in any future {endeavours}. ...how you want to evolve on a personal level and how if at all satanism or the lack of it will be a part of your personal evolution of thought. ...where do you want to go from here...

I wrote that Manifesto going in.

Satanism that limited itself to my own experience, to my beliefs, to some philosophy which i apply to my own benefit, would be extraneous and worthless for me to become saddled with the name. This is why i have refined pin-pointedly the Demonic Satanism i am contributing as it manifests around me.

I ignored Satanism as a warty anomaly and amusing joke (right up there with The Necronomicon with which i saw its Bible on the bookstore shelf) until i saw how it fitted into a cultural context of Christianity as an enhancement on early struggles. That it situates as a martial grappling with what perpetuates moral panics came to my notice in the Satanic Panic.

Today it gives me a methodology for approaching pressurized social negotiations in radically bipolar circumstances. I know the extreme and role i shall play, i can expect a certain array of predictable responses, and the coagulation of embittered resistance may come to be solved into potential liberation.

Satanism was never really part of my personal evolution of thought. I partook of Satanism only after grabbing both poles of philosophy, developing my language, and thinking, to its natural climax. Then began the process of finding its best position. Education and empowerment have seen the lion's share of asset. Only Satan knows where it will go from here. I haven't a clue. The signs are easy enough to follow out.

#104142 - 11/29/15 08:20 PM Re: Your Personal Manifesto [Re: nocTifer]
MReynolds Offline
Permanently Banned Troll

Manifest-O

To Manifest to the best of my ability, my O. My Omnipotence, my Omnipresence, my Omniscience.. possible? Nope, but I can always watch.. Oprah. Lol

Nah, FUN is my Manifest-O. As long as it doesn't cost me.. anything significant, but even taking that chance can be a thrill from time to time. I guess I'll just "give a fuck" after I'm dead. \:\)

Edited by MReynolds (11/29/15 08:23 PM)

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.037 seconds of which 0.02 seconds were spent on 26 queries. Zlib compression disabled.