Page 1 of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#10383 - 07/30/08 05:17 PM What is the mechaism of ritual magic?
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
According to Laveyan Satanism?

Sometimes it seems to be personal psychological motivation to go out and act to bring about your desired change.

Sometimes, the supernatural is implied.

#10403 - 07/31/08 05:40 AM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: coelentrate]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
Um, I should add that I'm asking about ritual magic in the Laveyan sense, not a theistic style.
#10430 - 08/01/08 02:01 PM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: coelentrate]
prhill Offline
banned
stranger

Loc: Chicago, Illinois
I am not sure if anyone really knows for sure. I think it is a way to get you motivated more to go after your goal and to remove the anxiety and negative thoughts that might come up. A Ritual should help make you confident and positive while working to get your desire. But also the emotional energy may send your thoughts and imagery out to the minds of anyone involved to help tip the odds in your favor. I don't know if this helps you or not but it is just some of my thoughts on the subject.
#10435 - 08/01/08 08:06 PM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: prhill]
Isabel Offline
stranger

Loc: N. California
I have been making jewelery for a few years now and in this past year I have decided to sale much what I have made. For right now I sale what I make to friends at work just to get an idea of what some people like. Eventually I will go to the public with my craft so I will be studying different ideas of ritual to help me. Motivation is definitely one of the things that I will need, confidence and positive thinking also. I like to use many different ritual techniques and this time I am going to tap into some Laveyan techniques as well.

#10447 - 08/02/08 06:18 PM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: coelentrate]
Stag Offline
pledge

LaVey left this one vague on purpose, I would imagine. All things to all people and all that.

Personally, I would forget about trying to find some sort of a "mechanism". That particular avenue of research is a dead end, believe me.

Stag

#10464 - 08/03/08 05:36 PM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: Stag]
Damian Offline
stranger

Loc: Salem Mass
That is so true i have always felt if i psyche myself up before Ritual it really works well.Here is something i sometimes take a 5 hour energy drink before a Ritual talk about,WOW, LOL,,, ,,I do whatever it takes,but being an overly emotional person always helps to get a desired result from a Ritual,Damian
#10465 - 08/03/08 07:47 PM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: Damian]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
That's not a bad idea, Damian... the worst thing I've experienced during ritual is getting tired towards the end, which is when I need my energy at its peak!

#10469 - 08/04/08 09:48 AM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: Nemesis]
prhill Offline
banned
stranger

Loc: Chicago, Illinois
Yes I agree the more emotional energy you can generate the better. Anton LaVey stressed that so often and I agree. It takes real mental focus on desire with very intense emotions until you get to a peak point where as a friend of mine put it you feel like you are having an "out of body experience mentally" because you are so mentally and emotionaly focused.
#11087 - 08/28/08 05:05 PM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: prhill]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
phrill,
You seem more worried about how others think a ritual should go, but all in all a ritual is about you and you only. Yes Lavey lays down a "guideline" but after that it's all on you.
My advice is to find what brings out the "beast" in you and use it to your advantage.

#11152 - 09/01/08 11:14 PM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: coelentrate]
Raziel LaVey Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: coelentrate
Um, I should add that I'm asking about ritual magic in the Laveyan sense, not a theistic style.

Oh... I am a theist. I was about to touch on faith. I am very much into Demonolatry... You can think of it as a bit Catholic... As they prayed to Angels and whatnot... I have demons I pray to, my Patron being Belphegore. The Demons are particular energies you can tap into to fulfill will, so you can even develope particular pantheons... Or Demons you pray to or "work with" if you prefer, on a regular basis.

#11203 - 09/04/08 05:21 PM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: Raziel LaVey]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Raziel LaVey
Or Demons you pray to or "work with" if you prefer, on a regular basis.

Do you talk with demons? Do they respond to you in mindspeak or can you hear their voices with both ears or only one? Is it just more of a feeling of knowing they are there? Like blind faith...

~T~

#11234 - 09/05/08 10:14 PM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: ta2zz]
Raziel LaVey Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: ta2zz

Originally Posted By: Raziel LaVey
Or Demons you pray to or "work with" if you prefer, on a regular basis.

Do you talk with demons? Do they respond to you in mindspeak or can you hear their voices with both ears or only one? Is it just more of a feeling of knowing they are there? Like blind faith...

~T~

... If only I didn't feel this was more for your entertainment.

I'll share it with you after we build some more rapport.

#11689 - 09/21/08 10:02 AM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: prhill]
Impius Offline
pledge

Loc: Lille, France
 Originally Posted By: prhill
I am not sure if anyone really knows for sure. I think it is a way to get you motivated more to go after your goal and to remove the anxiety and negative thoughts that might come up. A Ritual should help make you confident and positive while working to get your desire.

I agree with it, to me the only possible effect of Greater Magic is self-persuasion, to put yourself in a good state in order to achieve your desires, without even noticing it you'll start acting in your life in the right way to get what you performed the ritual for. I don't really believe in mentalism, and rather think the only "supernatural" effects you could get are on yourself, like people loving the Christ enough to get stigmatas on their bodies.

#11983 - 09/29/08 03:44 AM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: Impius]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
My brother is a magician...

He was born an orphan in a third world country, was a straight D-student all his life through grammar and high school. Class clown...

Joined the Army right after high school, put himself through college with a major in Biology. Went on to Medical School, passed his boards and is now a Pediatric Emergency Room Physician - saving children's lives everday. And this is but one example of what he is and of what he's capable...

My Christian brother, the TRUE magician.

What are you guys up to?

#13326 - 10/22/08 10:53 PM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: coelentrate]
BlacKAcRE66 Offline
pledge

Loc: California
In the ancient days before the dark ages of Christendom, man's life was magic in every respect. The magic of the great civilizations was involved in every affair. From Planting Crops to building Temples and whether or not to go to war with a rival. The whole purpose of magic was to work in concert with the laws of our universe. Some say Leonidis of Sparta had lost the war with the Persians because he did not heed the word of Prophets and Seers who relayed the word of the gods...The ancients did not practice Satanism, they practiced a science to help them plan their lives. Magic in my personal belief is applying science to will an event or objective while working in concert with the laws and forces in our universe. today Western rationalism has replaced our common system obviously as a result of Christendom. But hey thanks to Leonardo Davinci and all those others who were accused of being witches for bringing us medicine and biology. I hope whatever rituals you perform will be fruitful and a positive milestone. My rituals have not always yielded the desired result because at times I would forget something important...Where is this planet or that star or the lunar and solar positions. I still mess up on star charts and astrological forecast. I refer to three systems, Babylonian,Asian,Western.

Page 1 of 5 12345>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.