Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#17895 - 01/09/09 11:12 AM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: Dimitri]
frankinstien Offline
stranger

I did a little research on google and discovered that Stephen Hawking has now actually admited he is wrong about black holes and parallel universes!

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2004/s1159816.htm

You see admitting to error is a good thing when it will improve your public image, but when its about establishing your image always defend your position to the death! ;\)

#17897 - 01/09/09 11:21 AM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: Dimitri]
frankinstien Offline
stranger

Regarding M-Theory and parallel universes leaking gravity in our universe go to the link below and select the Escaping Gravity video.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

If your wife asks you about lipstick prints on your shirt don't panic, just tell her that you love her very much and you could never be with any other lover, but your double from a parallel universe is the one really cheating on her. ;\)

Edited by frankinstien (01/09/09 11:22 AM)

#17898 - 01/09/09 11:24 AM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: frankinstien]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: frankinstien
I did a little research on google and discovered that Stephen Hawking has now actually admited he is wrong about black holes and parallel universes!

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2004/s1159816.htm

You see admitting to error is a good thing when it will improve your public image, but when its about establishing your image always defend your position to the death! ;\)

This person only said Mr Hawkins admitted he made an error about black holes. Nothing else is said about parallel universes. At least the proove of their existance. Learn to read something before you provide your crap.

I never said/claimed black-holes don't exist. I have my opinions about it, but from what I know they haven't yet been told (at least not within this topic). This leaves you still in thin air without any backup to state your arguments.
Still the idea of a parallel universe where gravitation is much more powerfull seems to me like an excuse for people who are too lazy to get off their asses and do some research. Because if it indeed is like you are saying... Why doesn't it occur here? Ever thought of that before?

Edited by Dimitri (01/09/09 11:30 AM)

#17899 - 01/09/09 11:44 AM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: frankinstien]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: frankinstien
Regarding M-Theory and parallel universes leaking gravity in our universe go to the link below and select the Escaping Gravity video.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

If your wife asks you about lipstick prints on your shirt don't panic, just tell her that you love her very much and you could never be with any other lover, but your double from a parallel universe is the one really cheating on her. ;\)

I know the video,.. but somehow you fail to distinguish assumptions from facts. Hear again.. how many times is "Idea" , "It might be"... used? I'm sorry, however I love to believe it but the only way to change my mind is when you come up with facts. I'm a scientist,.. well at least a student in sciences, the only thing which can convince me are facts and things that can be shown.

Edited by Dimitri (01/09/09 11:46 AM)

#17918 - 01/09/09 10:32 PM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: Dimitri]
frankinstien Offline
stranger

[quote=Dimitri
This person only said Mr Hawkins admitted he made an error about black holes. Nothing else is said about parallel universes. At least the proove of their existance. Learn to read something before you provide your crap.

I never said/claimed black-holes don't exist. I have my opinions about it, but from what I know they haven't yet been told (at least not within this topic). This leaves you still in thin air without any backup to state your arguments.
Still the idea of a parallel universe where gravitation is much more powerfull seems to me like an excuse for people who are too lazy to get off their asses and do some research. Because if it indeed is like you are saying... Why doesn't it occur here? Ever thought of that before? [/quote]

What? I think you should read carefully... The article accounts the issues with Hawkings theory 30 some odd years ago regarding information retension of matter within a blackhole. For which Hawking used a parallel universe to explain it away.

#17919 - 01/09/09 10:37 PM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: Dimitri]
frankinstien Offline
stranger

[quote=Dimitri
I know the video,.. but somehow you fail to distinguish assumptions from facts. Hear again.. how many times is "Idea" , "It might be"... used? I'm sorry, however I love to believe it but the only way to change my mind is when you come up with facts. I'm a scientist,.. well at least a student in sciences, the only thing which can convince me are facts and things that can be shown. [/quote]

Again Dimitri you are totally off here. The whole point of my posts are the exploits of prominent scientist who have and are using convenience theories. Get it? There are no parallel universes.

#17925 - 01/10/09 12:02 AM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: frankinstien]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

I really want to jump into this with all the talk of electricity, magnetism, black holes, and convenience theories... But I just cannot figure out how to try to stay on the topic of the mechanism of ritual magic while doing so...

There is a thread on the large hadron collider some of my replies touch on some of the same subjects here...

~T~

Perhaps a new thread?

Edited by ta2zz (01/10/09 12:03 AM)
Edit Reason: Added a thought...

#17926 - 01/10/09 12:06 AM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: ta2zz]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Yeah, I kinda lost the whole "ritual magic" idea a long time ago... this is just a physics dispute now.

good call.

#17934 - 01/10/09 05:25 AM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: Fabiano]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

^
 Quote:
Again Dimitri you are totally off here. The whole point of my posts are the exploits of prominent scientist who have and are using convenience theories. Get it? There are no parallel universes.

Why did you claim at forehand there were? My bullshit-detector is sensing a quite strong force pointing from your direction...

Quote:
What? I think you should read carefully... The article accounts the issues with Hawkings theory 30 some odd years ago regarding information retension of matter within a blackhole. For which Hawking used a parallel universe to explain it away.
Do you even know how to read it? It's just an interview like said before someone explains where Mr Hawkins said me possibly made an error. So? No facts from you, and even no proof it is valid.

To get back on topic:
 Quote:
So witches and warlocks if someone asks you to explain how your magic works just tell them it comes from a parallel universe...

Like I said before: how do you know?
And if this is true what is the mechanism that converts the "magic" from a parallel universe to this one here?

To me mechanism of ritual magic is pure psychological. No litlle devil granting your wishes, no spooky invisible man giving you extra power. Just you and your own energy who try to take life in hands.

Anyway, Frankinstein, if you have still something to say about the matter --> PM me, I'm not in the mood to fuck this entire tread.

Edited by Dimitri (01/10/09 05:36 AM)

#17935 - 01/10/09 06:09 AM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: Dimitri]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Learn to fucking understand what the guy wrote. He didn't claim that HE believed there were parallel universes anywhere but you seem to be so high on your "I'm a little scientist and I know stuff" routine that you fail to grasp anything not presented in pictures it seems. It's not the first time that you get on your high horse when you're doing nothing but showing you can't read what is written.

D.

#17936 - 01/10/09 07:16 AM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: Diavolo]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
Learn to fucking understand what the guy wrote. He didn't claim that HE believed there were parallel universes anywhere but you seem to be so high on your "I'm a little scientist and I know stuff" routine that you fail to grasp anything not presented in pictures it seems. It's not the first time that you get on your high horse when you're doing nothing but showing you can't read what is written.

D.

Reading from his posts it looked like he believes in it. Otherwise he shouldn't make such idiot quotes like "witches and warlocks...". He can say know it's sarcasm, but somehow I haven't got the impression he said it for a laugh. Anyway, it's not the point if it exists or not in his opinion. I only asked if there were actual articles he could provide about it.
He (and probably you also) only assumed I was thinking he believed in it. Don't mean a fucking clue here. Probably it is a bit written personally where I assume certain things, but this isn't the case. But frankinstein if you are feeling a bit attacked: my apologies.

Edited by Dimitri (01/10/09 07:38 AM)

#17981 - 01/11/09 01:01 PM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: Dimitri]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
The physical sciences are awesome whether it be biology, chemistry, or physics. (I only started to read the replies from the discussion of black holes.) But, the postings have to do with Astrology, and whether Hawkings was right or wrong. Black holes have to do with theory because they can be neither proved nor disproved; but, remain debatable. When something can be repeatedly proved, it is made a Law like the Law of gravity. I have noticed things in the environment which cannot be explained by science (i.e. wind and rain) even though they try.

666, guys.

#17984 - 01/11/09 01:31 PM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: paolo sette]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
I have noticed things in the environment which cannot be explained by science (i.e. wind and rain) even though they try.

Such as? Or do you mean you never had an explanation how wind and rain happen?

#18007 - 01/11/09 09:36 PM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: Dimitri]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Paolo probably didn't make it to the 5th grade, where all that "precipitation" mythos was explained in the little circular color chart. First water evaporates, then it forms clouds, then it rains, drains and evaporates again...

As for the black hole thing...the only thing that's preventing us from verifying their existence is the inability to see it and study it with our own eyes. We haven't seemed to have developed an instrument capable of detecting them. Perhaps it's merely a case of celestial racism. "We shall overcome" is what the black holes chant during their sit-down protests. The only reason we can even speculate that they exist is from watching the behavior of neighboring stars and other large planetary bodies via powerful telescopes that can see into the next freakin' galaxy (well, pretty much anyway).

However, phenomena such as wind and rain can be seen, felt and studied.

#18010 - 01/11/09 10:12 PM Re: What is the mechaism of ritual magic? [Re: paolo sette]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Wind and rain? Are you kidding me? This isn't ancient greece; we've already discovered the mechanisms of global pressure systems and water cycles that produce these phenomena.

Besides, the whole issue wasn't over whether or not black holes actually exist- most scientists agree they most likely do- but whether or not the matter and energy absorbed by them are perpetually trapped, can be detected, or vanish from this plane altogether.

And for the record, we do have instruments that can detect black holes.

In any case, even if other dimensions/parallel universes did exist, it would be quite silly to assume that this somehow implies the existence of ghosts or ESP or "magickal powers" or other such nonsense.

Edited by The Zebu (01/11/09 10:13 PM)

Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.