Topic Options
#10431 - 08/01/08 04:10 PM Bullshit: The Bible
xear Administrator Offline
Admin

Loc: Los Angeles, CA

#10443 - 08/02/08 10:14 AM Re: Bullshit: The Bible [Re: xear]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

You know, at 4:00 we are talking about jews who flee from egypt without leaving a single archeogical evidence.
I got an easy explanation for it.

They are Yews, everyone knows how greedy they. So I believe they left nothing behind and kept everything...

Nice video, these guys are pretty good.

#10446 - 08/02/08 03:24 PM Re: Bullshit: The Bible [Re: Dimitri]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I love Penn Jillette. To me, he is the epitome of the modern Atheist--he is well-spoken, articulate, and bears no outright hatred for those who believe in a deity. He was a guest on the Glenn Beck show not long ago, and despite Glenn being a self-described "born again" after getting over his alcoholism, the two had a very cordial conversation.

#11031 - 08/26/08 01:30 PM Re: Bullshit: The Bible [Re: Nemesis]
Iewa Offline
lurker

Loc: Latvia
It was great!=D
#11040 - 08/26/08 07:47 PM Re: Bullshit: The Bible [Re: Iewa]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Iewa, I'll have to remind you that posts on this forum need to consist of at least 2 complete sentences or more. Sorry to be a nag and all, but if we let one person start doing it, then everyone will and it'll bring down the integrity of this site.

What are your thoughts on these videos? Care to expand on your initial compliment a bit more?

#11045 - 08/26/08 10:36 PM Re: Bullshit: The Bible [Re: Nemesis]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I find picking lint from my navel great as well. I find sniffing my socks "sickenly" great. If my underwear doesn't have skid marks in it at the end of the day, I consider that great. A nice scratching of my balls late at night is great. Sometimes comments should just be kept to ourselves and not posted.

#11051 - 08/27/08 08:46 AM Re: Bullshit: The Bible [Re: fakepropht]
mswisher2 Offline
lurker

Loc: Florida
what the hell are you talking about?
#11059 - 08/27/08 04:38 PM Re: Bullshit: The Bible [Re: mswisher2]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

You have hit it right on... While missing by a mile... He was talking about exactly that and quite possibly this also...

\:\)

~T~

#13601 - 10/28/08 11:00 PM Re: Bullshit: The Bible [Re: ta2zz]
TheSearedOne Offline
lurker

Loc: Tennessee, US
That was awesome, I enjoyed it immensely. Very informative. I've seen previews for Penn and Teller's show on ShowTime, but, sadly, I don't get it. Looks like a riot though.

#20395 - 02/14/09 07:04 PM Re: Bullshit: The Bible [Re: xear]
Kenny Lane Offline
stranger

From what I've been able to research the myths that are tought in the Bible are based soley on numerology and solar astrology and have nothing to do with any real events. Through out the Old and New Testaments you consistantly see specific numbers such as 12's, 3's, 7's and 40's. They wrote these myths back when everyone still thought that the earth was flat and all the stars and planets revolved around earth. The sun was God. The sun was crucified in the 12th month December 22nd when it dipped into the southern hemisphere in the vicinity of the star constellation known as the southern CROSS! After 3 days on December 25th (Christmas)the sun was ressurected! The stone (planet earth) was rolled away and the sun was "born again". I was raised like millions of other people to beleive these stories were true. But they're just myths that got the names changed to fit what ever empire was in power at the time of the writings. If you want to check out an amazing website check out www,askwhy.co.uk. Dr, Mgee really goes into some detailed discriptions of how these myths were formed and their origin.
#20415 - 02/15/09 02:26 AM Re: Bullshit: The Bible [Re: xear]
spiderbreeder Offline

Loc: Sydney,Australia
Thanks for posting that Xear, that was fantastic!

I've never heard of these guys before- good on them for taking such a "taboo" subject like the bible, and totally ripping the whole concept to shreds, and in such a valid, humourous way too (Loved the section on Noah's Ark, I had a good laugh!)

I'd love it if they screened that "prime time" in Oz, it would totally make my day..

#20920 - 02/21/09 01:52 AM Re: Bullshit: The Bible [Re: spiderbreeder]
Master Magick Offline
pledge

Loc: New York, USA
 Originally Posted By: spiderbreeder
Thanks for posting that Xear, that was fantastic!

I've never heard of these guys before

Definitely seek out some Penn & Teller. Surprised they arent on the radar down under. They are "rogue" magicians so if you enjoy magic at all they are fun from the entertainment perspective too, great showmen.

#21120 - 02/25/09 12:17 PM Re: Bullshit: The Bible [Re: Master Magick]
icu4whatur Offline
stranger

For any of you who have never heard of it, the movie "Zeitgeist" has an excellent explanation of the astrological "coincidences" surrounding the extraordinary similarities between the (mythical) lives of Jesus, Horus, Mithra, Krishna, Dionysus etc...

"The star in the east is Sirius, the brightest star in the night sky, which, on December 24th, aligns with the 3 brightest stars in Orion's Belt. These 3 bright stars are called today what they were called in ancient times: The Three Kings. The Three Kings and the brightest star, Sirius, all point to the place of the sunrise on December 25th. This is why the Three Kings "follow" the star in the east, in order to locate the sunrise - the birth of the sun.

There is another very interesting phenomenon that occurs around December 25th, or the winter solstice. From the summer solstice to the winter solstice, the days become shorter and colder. From the perspective of the northern hemisphere, the sun appears to move south and get smaller and more scarce. The shortening of the days and the expiration of the crops when approaching the winter solstice symbolized the process of death to the ancients. It was the death of the Sun. By December 22nd, the Sun's demise was fully realized, for the Sun, having moved south continually for 6 months, makes it to it's lowest point in the sky. Here a curious thing occurs: the Sun stops moving south, at least perceivably, for 3 days. During this 3 day pause, the Sun resides in the vicinity of the Southern Cross, or Crux, constellation. And after this time on December 25th, the Sun moves 1 degree, this time north, foreshadowing longer days, warmth, and Spring.

And thus it was said: the Sun died on the cross, was dead for 3 days, only to be resurrected or born again. This is why Jesus and numerous other Sun Gods share the crucifixion, 3-day death, and resurrection concept. It is the Sun's transition period before it shifts its direction back into the Northern Hemisphere, bringing Spring, and thus salvation."

Jesus was a myth, modeled after Horus and numerous other "solar messiahs".

It's a free download for both movies...

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

#21651 - 03/06/09 07:09 PM Re: Bullshit: The Bible [Re: icu4whatur]
joseph oreilly Offline
Incomprehensible--Banned
pledge

Penn Gillette had an unusual career as an actor, he was in various shows with melissa jone heart and also appeared on the nickalodeon tv show 'are you afraid of the dark' several times?
#21959 - 03/13/09 01:33 AM Re: Bullshit: The Bible [Re: joseph oreilly]
Grandpabeast Offline

Loc: No. Utah. USA
My Wife is not an Xian, nor a Pagan or Satanist. I guess you could classify her as an agnostic. She really isn't into spirituality or religion at all. So in some sense she is a Satanist and just doesn't realize it... I am going to have her read TSB. She watched this video with me and really liked it. Gives me hope!

Roger.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.