Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#10710 - 08/16/08 04:16 PM Re: Rollplaying [Re: PigFeeder]
harrison Offline
pledge

Loc: winnipeg Mb, canada
Lmao! you are so correct there. however i think pigfeeder has
the right ideal about this guy. we should however just let him be.

#11095 - 08/28/08 10:45 PM Re: Rollplaying [Re: Morgan]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Agreed.

Personally I have to disagree somewhat from some of the previous statements though. MMORPG's or RPG's like Final Fantasy, Dragon Warriors, etc etc. Are somewhat different then sitting around and pretending and hiding from reality. I enjoy the diverse, intricate story lines that an RPG sometimes has to offer, although yes, any video game in general is considered to be a waste of time, as we should be building our real lives instead. Then again, to indulge..

As long as one knows how to balance their life, and leisure activities, you're set.

Personally, I would have to say with work, classes, social life, etc. Video games occupy 2-5 hours a month in my life...

Keep well,
~Snow~.

#11146 - 09/01/08 10:58 PM Re: Rollplaying [Re: Morgan]
SevenDeadlySins Offline
stranger

Loc: chicago illinois
I would say if rollplaying games are used for recreation who cares? I enjoy playing a few games every now and again and I collect some of the above said games for nostalgic purposes as well.

I think there are alot of people whom enjoy roleplaying games and thats what they are into. Who cares what people like? I don't care generally what anyone else likes and could give 2 shits if he/she wants to be an elf in cyberspace.

Do what you want and FUCK what anyone else thinks. Thats one of the TRUE essences of being a SATANIST.

#11240 - 09/06/08 06:30 AM Re: Rollplaying [Re: SevenDeadlySins]
PigFeeder Offline

Ahh, that is where you are partially wrong my friend... Read again.. Because what someone likes, someone's interests.. Those are direct representatives of what there personality is like. Now if some kid likes to play pretend games and act like a child, chances are I wouldn't get along with him. As a Satanist, I see reality.. As I said before.. Build your own lives, not the lives of others.. Real, fictional, or otherwise..

~Snow~.

#11242 - 09/06/08 07:21 AM Re: Rollplaying [Re: PigFeeder]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
And that's where you're wrong... Likes and interests are direct representatives of only a part of personality. An interest in rpgs hardly is the only thing a guy is interested in. At least I have not met anyone whose personality doesn't consist of multiple layers... I enjoy said games, I also have an interest in music, body modifications, in my work and educating myself etc. So what am I? Do you still define me by my interest in playing games that include a fictional character in a fictional world?

Now I understand that obviously you dislike these games, but that seems to make your view on the matter quite subjective and it looks like you're projecting your dislike to twist the truth to fit your mind. Or you just lack in ability to think in a wider perspective...

Edited by MaggotFaceMoe (09/06/08 07:27 AM)

#11287 - 09/08/08 10:36 AM Re: Rollplaying [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Cody Offline
pledge

The invisible human is capable of wearing many skins, it's one of the most basic skills.
#11304 - 09/08/08 09:05 PM Re: Rollplaying [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
PigFeeder Offline

No, in fact my ability to have a broader view is well intact. Much more than some I should I say.. You should read up a bit. What someoneis interested in, someone listens to, someone reads.. All direct representations of what they like, what they believe in, what they live by. If you like to play games, then perhaps you could be labelled as someone who can be more relaxed, likes to take time away.. Amongst many other things... Anyway, I'd rather not continue this useless thread, and I will admit, I've had a logn day. If you wish to speak more thouroughly on the subject, PM me.

#11309 - 09/09/08 06:15 AM Re: Rollplaying [Re: Cody]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
Now that got a bit cryptic. It may be just me, but the point behind that line escaped my understanding.
Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.