Page 10 of 10 « First<678910
Topic Options
#114270 - 09/05/17 05:01 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Czereda]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Oh that. If there is irony it's that the people that authored that ridiculous 'encyclopedia' turned to greener pastures some time ago.

#114271 - 09/05/17 05:41 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Bartho LeMule]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
Oh well, you have a belief in the reality beyond, the supernatural world, dark gods. There is elaborate mythos and stories that illustrate the ethics. There are rituals, rites of passage, aural tradition (supposedly) and ... moral teachings unless one wishes to delude oneself that all those stories about loyalty, honor and gallantry to ladies have nothing to do with morality. Add to that the prevailing dogmatic attitude and hero worship (Ave Papa Myatt) and voila you have a religion. Perhaps, not as popular as Christianity but that piece of instruction re troo Satanism, part of which you quoted could compete nicely with the Ten Commandments.

Edited by Czereda (09/05/17 05:47 PM)

#114272 - 09/06/17 03:02 AM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Dark Magician]
when7iseleven Offline

Loc: High Peak, UK
Am I sure.............can I be sure of anything?

As Descartes said in his pre-abridged version "I think therefore I could very possibly be but I've no idea about any other"

Having said that I'm happy to continue on the basis of what I said previously.

#114273 - 09/06/17 11:21 AM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Czereda]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
This is precisely why that 'Encyclopedia Project' was problematic and pretty much abandoned. Even if the links show up, doesn't mean individual users are in agreement with the linked definition.

I suppose, if a user cared enough to prevent it; they could put forth an effort to ensure the link isn't shared.

*Satan-ism as it were. If a person ascribes to something they call 'Satan-ism', they'd be hard pressed to convince me that's what it really is.

#114274 - 09/06/17 07:00 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: SIN3]
ShadowLover Offline

Loc: Gold Coast, Australia
 Originally Posted By: SIN3
If it's diminished to a philosophy, I wonder; what do you think philosophy is?

Philosophy is an idea... What's theory promotes a particular path to reach a certain, known or not known, destination.

But I'm not diminishing anything. I asked what word, or umbrella, people here put Satanism under.

Perhaps Satanism is the umbrella and has a context of its own? If that is the case I would then ask what that context is and what falls under that umbrella?

Edited by ShadowLover (09/06/17 07:01 PM)

#114279 - 09/07/17 11:24 AM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: ShadowLover]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: SL
Philosophy is an idea... What's theory promotes a particular path to reach a certain, known or not known, destination.

Philosophy is a method for seeking answers, it doesn't provide them. That's not the intent of any given philosophy.

Quote:
I asked what word, or umbrella, people here put Satanism under.

That was understood. I offer that it's not a thing, it's an action.

The context is blatant. It's understood in the doing. To treat it as a thing, isn't it. It doesn't matter if that thing is an answer provider, religion, or 'lifestyle'.

#114284 - 09/08/17 05:57 AM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: when7iseleven]
Dark Magician Offline

when7iseleven:

The Event, A, B, C & D happened, it has an essence & is substantive. What the actors or observers of the event interpret it to be are irrelevant & unique to each of them individually.

If the Event is observed again in a thousand years it will still be substantive & the same event but will again be interpreted in more individual ways.

The Event is of itself & has essence.

Thanks for your post.

I think I might address this issue in two posts. This will be the first. The next will come in another day or two.

What is the essence or substance of an action, or a series of actions?

Here is a mundane example: I am thirsty, so I have a drink of water.

What is the essence or substance of this series of actions?

Surely the essence or substance of I am thirsty, so I have a drink of water is I am thirsty, so I have a drink of water.

Here is another mundane example: I need to go to the toilet, so I go to the toilet.

Surely the essence or substance of I need to go to the toilet, so I go to the toilet is I need to go to the toilet, so I go to the toilet.

In both cases the essence or substance of the actions described are tautological in relation to the actions undertaken. The essence of the action is the same as the action - it is a tautology.

But is a tautology really the disclosure of the essence or substance of some thing?

What are the characteristics of this tautological relationship between essence or substance and the action, from the point of view of the audience and the actor?

One is privy to a successive set of appearances, from a particular perspective, if you are an audience member.

It is the succession of appearances and the audience member’s capacity to interpret the succession of appearances from their particular perspective and draw a meaningful conclusion which constitutes their perception of the essence or substance of a series of actions. Does this follow?

Again, one is just stating that the successive appearances of an action - as they progress over time - are the essence or substance of that action. Basically, one is still just dealing with appearances: the tautology doesn’t disclose the essence or substance. It is a repetition of the appearances of an action. Does this make sense?

#114285 - 09/08/17 08:50 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Dark Magician]
fiendish Offline

It doesn't make any sense at all. In any case, the event is observed and manipulated , yet cannot be distorted - in any case you can call manipulation an event - and it is. Thus, the event is like a mirage , illusive and abstract, yet gaining existence through your own existence. Imagine you don't exist, the event wouldn't exist either. I mean, how common do you think is needing to drink some water or go to the toilet? Common enough as to use it as an example. Yet, its conventionality makes it banal. When you usually meet people, you do not ask them when do they go to the toilet, nor how often they drink water. Yet, these are events, with the exact same significance as any other event. I can discern a qualitative measure of events, maybe as a gesture to old friends, or as a pile of misconceptions. Still, the quantative measure of events remains untouched. In a way, you cannot measure actions, thus making any review of actions degrading the actions themselves.

#114306 - 09/11/17 03:45 AM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Dark Magician]
when7iseleven Offline

Your view of reality is how you might regard a painting by Monet or Renoir; from twenty feet away everyone can agree that yes, that's a nice painting of a flower. What that means to each observer & the emotions it promotes are subjective so every description of the picture will be different. Stand five feet way from the painting & instead of firm lines & contours, it will become more a flow of patterns & colours. The scene can still be discerned from the paining, but it's not the definitive description of twenty feet away.

But stand with your nose pressed up to the painting & the scene is gone. What you will see is the individual dab, dab of the artists brush, each individually inconsequential & impossible to interpret the end result from. This is the doing of the painting, this is the essence of the painting, this is eternal & oblivious to any description observers may want to put on it.

From the way you write your mundane examples they appear to be precisely that, but both belie the thousands of processes within you body to "simply" get to the point of realising your thirsty & navigating to quench that thirst; here is the substance of the event.

#114345 - 09/14/17 07:47 AM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: when7iseleven]
Dark Magician Offline

Thank you again for your post.

I think you have identified the pertinent point with your latest post. An action is a complex bio-mechanical and psychological process i.e. it is subject to temporality and is constituted by differential elements.

An action, or series of actions, is not an object or a “thing.”

Using a word like essence or substance, as I have said before, is to appropriate language from the ontology of objects and apply it to action or actions. Again, it is to ascribe the character of a thing or object to actions or actions.

Using a word like essence or substance to describe a complex temporally underpinned bio-mechanical and psychological process like an action or series of actions is inappropriate and misleading in my view.

But let’s cut to the chase. I am going to state my thesis as concisely as possible.

There is no necessary connection a priori between any action or set of actions and the signifier Satanism.

The application of the signifier Satanism to any action is a conventional and cultural act, since the signifier Satanism doesn’t exist outside of convention and culture and because no action has an essence, nor does the signifier Satanism have an essence either.

The described is constructed by the description.

In my view, evaluating actions and then categorizing those actions as Satanic or not is not the philosophically primary goal.

The goal for me, as far as MY brand of Satanism goes, is to apprehend and appreciate the implied weltanschauung of Satan. Praxis comes about as a result of that apprehension and appreciation.

I don’t necessarily believe that the weltanschauung of Satan can be discerned in the writings of Redbeard or even Stirner. Rather Satan’s weltanschauung is characterized by alterity, interpretation, perspective, hermeneutics and ontological difference.

My brand of Satanism could be construed as a post-structuralist one or even a postmodern one - not in the sense of Jason’s King’s brand, which is a post-LaVeyan Satanism, but rather a Satanism which is very much closer to a genuine Postmodernism.

I definitely think this is a good approach. I support anybody who comes here to express a different point of view. The Club constantly needs fresh perspectives to enrich and invigorate the contact here. The career types, online experts and dinosaurs need to adjust.

#114357 - 09/17/17 07:07 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Dark Magician]
fiendish Offline

There is not necessary a priori connection among actions, therefore exists an a posteriori relation which is de facto interpreted as Satanic. Ipso facto the Satanic worldview becomes the corpus delicti of such interpretations.

#114368 - 09/18/17 09:37 AM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Dark Magician]
when7iseleven Offline

Originally Posted By: Dark Magician
An action, or series of actions, is not an object or a “thing.”

Therein lies the problem, there are no "things" there are only events.

In an infinite Universe the concepts of time, size & distance are meaningless without a point of reference; your/my/our consciences deceive us into believing we are that point of reference, enabling us to build a solid world of thingness out of a reality of interwoven phenomena.

The essence is always in the event, the substance is contained in the verbal tomfoolery you attempt to describe something by, but it is transient; when you die the description will die.

The event is the only thing eternal.

#117331 - 10/30/18 06:32 AM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: LordBlyat]
3KIRHS Offline
lurker

I'm new here, and still in the process of reading and understanding the Satanic Bible.

It was black metal music that brought me to Satanism. Black metal bands since Bathory relate themselves to Satanic images a lot. Being a metalhead, I read some books about black metal history, and learned about the occult.
I have to admit that I started looking into Satanism simply because that I think it's new and cool to me in the first place. However when I read the Satanic Bible I found that I'd been following some of those rules myself.

Still learning about Satanism, I can't call myself a Satanist yet. Anyways I've been atheistic and a missionary called me a nihilist(but I'm not) after a failed preach lol.

[EDIT] I didn't mean to reply to LordBlyat. I must clicked at something by mistake. However I can't edit that , sorry.

Edited by 3KIRHS (10/30/18 06:38 AM)

#117332 - 10/30/18 12:14 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: 3KIRHS]
Zenarith Offline
stranger

Loc: Halifax, NS, Canada

I understood for quite awhile the secret life of Satanism through my own eyes... I understood the enemies of God.

I dealt with struggles from Satin and Devils and Demons in Hell...

I'm a rare case... At a point very recently, a Satanic Spirit came to me, and offered to protect me from my Satanic Enemies if I chose to worship Satin faithfully.

Since then, my fashion has changed and I'm reading the Satanic Bible...

Since I got my Satanic Medallion to show my faith I have had no issues with the Devils in Hell...

I am now a practising Satanist, and although my enemies came from the side I'm on, a Satanist doesn't worship every form of Satin, just the Satin they choose...

I choose to worship myself in some ways. And I am studying Satanism, Mythology, and Occult to improve my knowledge in this path.

That's my story of why I joined.

#117345 - 10/31/18 11:30 AM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Zenarith]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
You say you worship Satan, yet you can't even spell his damned name correctly. For that offence alone you deserve to be sacrificed at your local cementary. Since today is Halloween, I would watch out if I were you.

Page 10 of 10 « First<678910

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.031 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.