Page 2 of 10 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#106527 - 04/29/16 01:21 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: antikarmatomic]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Originally Posted By: antikarmatomic
Seemed pretty tongue-in-cheek to me. Even so, I seriously dunno where you peeps come up with this whole "Satan is a good-guy" paradigm. It's as if the logic was "pentagrams are spooky-cool, but bad things are bad, so let's just redefine the terms 'adversary' and 'open enemy' of man entirely". It's silly.

And the devil will say, after the judgment had been issued, "God has promised you the truthful promise, and I promised you, but I broke my promise. I had no power over you; I simply invited you, and you accepted my invitation. Therefore, do not blame me, and blame only yourselves. My complaining cannot help you, nor can your complaining help me. I have disbelieved in your idolizing me. The transgressors have incurred a painful retribution."

So, yeah, I'd say drugs and all sorts of toxoplasmoticly self-annihilating behaviors are quite in keeping with ol' scratch - at least more so than "enlightenment", "compassion", "empathy", and "mystical insight". It may not give many people the warm-and-fuzzies, but it is at least consistent. One's demons are demons none-the-less, and it is important to know one's enemies. This cannot be done by sweeping their iniquities under the carpet, nor by mistaking their intent for what it is and always was: the ruin of man.

Any good that can be made of dancing with the devil falls squarely on the shoulders of those who chose to do so.

I had to look 3 times to see who wrote that. Give this man a cigar, he gets it.(and in less than 57,544 words, too! ;\) )

There are way too many of these faggots around trying to give the devil a pretty pink paint job if you ask me.

#106528 - 04/29/16 01:26 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: antikarmatomic]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: AK
One's demons are demons none-the-less, and it is important to know one's enemies. This cannot be done by sweeping their iniquities under the carpet, nor by mistaking their intent for what it is and always was: the ruin of man.

Tie in: Betterment?

Satan as a self-help guru, just doesn't do it for me.

#106530 - 04/29/16 01:55 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: SIN3]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
Obviously, there are many ideas about what Satanism means, and different people have various reasoning as to what brought them to whatever practices and philosophies that they label Satanic.

I picked up The Devil's Notebook by Anton LaVey. His ideas are only some of what seem to be many 'Satanic' philosophies.

Since then Satanism has kept my interest, though I have yet to conclude an ultimatum.

@Dread

I recently went to a rock concert, and this 'satanic' couple kept showing off their pendants, talking about how humanitarian Satanism is, and about their meetings and how Satanism is an 'open and equality minded philosophy.'

I thought humanitarians were people who sacrificed their own comfort to help the sick and poor, who live in strife to help others in worse circumstances.

Edited by Creatura Noptii (04/29/16 02:21 PM)
Edit Reason: cut cut

#106531 - 04/29/16 02:05 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: SIN3]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
 Originally Posted By: S3
Me neither. The dose makes the poison, but make no mistake about it: it's still poison, not apple juice. That we derive anti-venom from snake venom should not lead one to conclude that serpents have some sort of "soft-spot" in their hearts for the sons of Adam (although, those who go about things with that sorta thinking in mind make for some neat train-wrecks to watch)

#106534 - 04/29/16 06:48 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Dan_Dread]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Originally Posted By: DD
Give this man a cigar, he gets it.(and in less than 57,544 words, too! ;\) )

There are way too many of these faggots around trying to give the devil a pretty pink paint job if you ask me.

Two cigars at that! Two blunts... to the face... are required to even "hope" to be 1/2 as cool as these guys *sigh*

But I can dream can't I?

#106565 - 05/01/16 12:00 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: antikarmatomic]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
That video gave me cancer.

"Well, errr, uhh, I'm a Satanist because I, like, do what I want"

/headbullet

#106566 - 05/01/16 12:28 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: LordBlyat]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
General reply:

I was always right here.

Just took me a bit of time to find the label that most fits.

The animal exists before the classification can be applied.

#106568 - 05/01/16 12:40 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Dan_Dread]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I remember that video from a while ago. It struck me as simply a more verbose and over-articulated echo of a certain line from Satanis: The Devil's Mass (1970)--

Quote:
"Yeah, before I joined the Satanic Church I masturbated once a day and was very unhappy about it. Now I masturbate three or four times a day and really dig it."

That said, propping up Satan as a model of virtue--esoteric, Epicurean, or otherwise--always ends up looking a little funny.

As for me, I began identifying as a "Satanist" once I decided for myself that Satan is simply the best name for the God of this amoral cosmos. That brings me close to Gnosticism, but I never could quite comfort myself with the delusion that above him there is some "Good Guy God" promising the refuge of salvation and moral certainty.

Edited by The Zebu (05/01/16 12:52 PM)

#106569 - 05/01/16 01:12 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: antikarmatomic]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: CA
 Quote:

One's demons are demons none-the-less, and it is important to know one's enemies. This cannot be done by sweeping their iniquities under the carpet, nor by mistaking their intent for what it is and always was: the ruin of man.

Agree, disagree, and not enough info.

It is my opinion "Demons" are put there by the very dualities that suggest their existence, and usually born of "sweeping it under the carpet", as you mentioned.

What gets me is the concept that "demons" are proof of this dualities existence as innate.

Case and Point:

Originally Posted By: me
The snake oil televangelist that plays on peoples ignorance of psychology. He takes a man who has repressed his sexual orientation for decades,  calls upon that filthy ‘gay demon’, then when confronted with the inevitable anger says, “That’s  the devil talking”.  The good preacher commands the filth from him, and the repressed man can now live a sanctified life, marry a fat chick, and never has sex with her.

This oblivious to the fact that what shamed him into that internal split (demon) were the very fucking "values" playing savior.

It's self perpetuating and put there by us. There is only one way of nature and the universe, and it doesn't even need superstition to explain. I'd say embracing "the way of nature" (read as evil), stripped of its duality, would make someone more apt to survive in an adversarial climate, and less prone to susceptibility to demons.

#106595 - 05/02/16 10:53 AM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: CanisMachina42]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Originally Posted By: CM
It is my opinion "Demons" are put there by the very dualities that suggest their existence, and usually born of "sweeping it under the carpet", as you mentioned.
It's a valid way of looking at it, though if not born of sweeping it under the carpet, then certainly made to fester and eventually foment by doing so.

This is not to suggest that bringing such things out from under the carpet and into the light is in any way to be taken as a practice in self-transformation, healing, and/or doing battle with / exorcising said demons. They are, in a sense, the lysosome (aka the suicide sack – also responsible for dissolving waste) – intrinsic, and inextricable. The death instinct. The parts of the psyche that tend not toward what one knows full-well to be good (in the purely subjective sense of the word) for them. Bugs in the wiring. Tendencies which can range from moderate to bat-shit-crazy, but are none-the-less parts of the whole to be understood, explored, exploited, and “bound” to serve – with the understanding that they are to be taken exactly for what they are - as they are - in all their hideousness and voracity – regularly fed and exercised, lest they bite the hand and throat that feeds them.

Originally Posted By: DD
"Well, errr, uhh, I'm a Satanist because I, like, do what I want"
heh, I have to wonder how much “celebrating man's carnal nature” they end up doing all by their lonesome – and, more importantly, do they use their right hand or left and for that?

Originally Posted By: TZ
That brings me close to Gnosticism, but I never could quite comfort myself with the delusion that above him there is some "Good Guy God" promising the refuge of salvation and moral certainty.
For the most part my tendencies veer towards gnosticism – or some sort of existential gnosticism, with the caveat that “there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so”. Painting it “good” while discarding the “bad” seems rather bias – putting one already off-on-the-wrong foot in terms of gnosis. Whether or not gnosis is reflective of some attainment of some objective experience, or just mind-fuckery is irrelevant to me, since, after all, all experience takes place in the mind anyhow.

“There was a faith healer of Deal
Who said 'though I know pain's not real,
If I sit on a pin,
And it punctures my skin,
I dislike what I fancy I feel.”

#106601 - 05/03/16 10:21 AM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: antikarmatomic]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: CA
 Quote:
The parts of the psyche that tend not toward what one knows full-well to be good (in the purely subjective sense of the word) for them. Bugs in the wiring.

True, but the only connection to Satanism is the adversity it causes in one's life, and even then it's a matter of subjectivity. Sabotage knows no ideological affiliation.

Calling these glitches in the psyche "Satan" is valid, but also interchangeable with calling it "daddy issues", or "PTSD". As the result is a product of adversity, all future behavior ties back to the original cause.

The fun part here is, this could just as easily be associated with the other side in the form of "tests of faith." Same effect, subjective cause.

Quote:
They are, in a sense, the lysosome (aka the suicide sack – also responsible for dissolving waste) – intrinsic, and inextricable. The death instinct.

Why not the life instinct? Why not consider it like a "heat treat" and "quench".

Example: Abused children are far less likely to trust ANYONE, this is not necessarily a bad thing. It's the life instinct. Sure "the bug" is born of childhood adversity, but that cause can give the abused a higher standard more attuned to deception, promote stronger relationships, and be more resistant to the predation that feeds on trust.

#106611 - 05/04/16 11:02 AM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: CanisMachina42]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

True, but the only connection to Satanism is the adversity it causes in one's life, and even then it's a matter of subjectivity. Sabotage knows no ideological affiliation.
True that. While there are (especially as of late) a whole litany of ideologies that are labeled "Satanism" by their proponents, I concern myself mostly with the intrinsic factors falling within the domain of the satanic for much the same reason you've mentioned: "Sabotage knows no ideological affiliation". If anything, it'd further obfuscate any efforts in the direction of "know thyself" to hold oneself to an ideological standard that, while one may totally agree with on paper (i.e. "I read the Satanic Bible and it just made sense" - if I had a nickle___), speaks mostly in broad generalizations fitting of a collective.

Calling these glitches in the psyche "Satan" is valid, but also interchangeable with calling it "daddy issues", or "PTSD". As the result is a product of adversity, all future behavior ties back to the original cause.
Demons seems more apt. Satan more or less being the sum-total of the “Shadow Self's” components. Though, I don't take it so far as Jung or Freud to imply that such a thing need be confronted, reconciled, or cured somehow. How one deals with such a thing is totally on them – in my mind it is simply enough to understand, and run with it. The subsequent development of adaptive or maladaptive traits are completely incidental – analogous to fire which, in and of itself, cares very little if has been employed to roast your marshmallows, or to sear your flesh from bone.

In short the primary difference between the satanic in my mind as opposed to Satanism, is that the former is a study in fire dynamics, as opposed to the culinary the arts.

Edited by antikarmatomic (05/04/16 11:03 AM)
Edit Reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8D4AsLzlM0

#106616 - 05/04/16 01:24 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: antikarmatomic]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: antikarmatomic
Me neither. The dose makes the poison, but make no mistake about it: it's still poison, not apple juice. That we derive anti-venom from snake venom should not lead one to conclude that serpents have some sort of "soft-spot" in their hearts for the sons of Adam (although, those who go about things with that sorta thinking in mind make for some neat train-wrecks to watch)

Knowledge corrupts, Experience corrupts... Poison doesn't necessarily lead to complete annihilation. Destruction, sure... but the remnants remain. It's like building upon a strong foundation, no matter what you build atop of it, without that bedrock... You have a weak House.

#106619 - 05/04/16 10:01 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: SIN3]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Knowledge corrupts, Experience corrupts
If you consider accretion to be a form of corruption, sure. 'Depends if you're of the notion that these things fundamentally change the original form. I'm not wholly convinced that they do.

*about 1/2 mile down this road is where most peeps like to fire it up and get all tied-up in ship of Theseus related banter

Besides, man is corrupt from before the first - according to some, anyway; and I see no reason to disagree with them.

It's like building upon a strong foundation, no matter what you build atop of it, without that bedrock... You have a weak House.
While true where applicable, I wouldn't go so far as to say that it is. The building's already been built - the ground breaking: en el dia cero. That ship has already sailed.

Either way, the notion or implication that one can re-invent/rebuild themselves, purge the dross, and whatnot is well___ far too optimistic to sit right with me. It's too self-helpy, ya know? It does make for a good selling-point, though - as good as any other reason to join a cult.

Maybe the foundation is bedrock, maybe it's something along the lines of what they do in Venice, or maybe it's built atop an ancient Indian burial site - who knows? 'Only one way to find out, but whatever one's foundation is, it's there and they're stuck with it.

Edited by antikarmatomic (05/04/16 10:08 PM)
Edit Reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR3PC8VDoz8

#106629 - 05/05/16 02:07 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: antikarmatomic]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Quote:
but whatever one's foundation is, it's there and they're stuck with it.
Bingo. People don't change, events change. One could argue that the introduction of new information or life experience 'alters' to a degree, but I'd say it's just perception. The static is key in managing the electric.

Page 2 of 10 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.