Page 3 of 10 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#106631 - 05/05/16 02:16 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: SIN3]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
 Originally Posted By: SIN3
People don't change, events change. One could argue that the introduction of new information or life experience 'alters' to a degree, but I'd say it's just perception.

One can be unhealthy, placid, incapable. Or they can strengthen their being in emotional, rational, and physical ways.

What exactly is this part of the human condition you insist is never changing?

#106633 - 05/05/16 02:27 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Creatura Noptii]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
I think you're confusing a state of being, with that which is static.

For example, in the winter you can be lazy and then come spring you start running again. Does this somehow change what you are?

#106635 - 05/05/16 03:00 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: SIN3]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Originally Posted By: SIN3
The static is key in managing the electric.

Are you saying more human than human is still just human?

What comes to my mind is desire.

Based on our other discussions, you (and my folly in correlation) made it clear that the default state of being is anything but emptiness.

Healthy or fat, humans desire what humans desire, regardless of their ability to manifest satisfaction.

Perhaps I am still just making correlations.

#106709 - 05/10/16 12:20 AM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: LordBlyat]
Stirner Offline
lurker

The Satanic Panic.

Growing up in the 80's/90's in the American bible belt, I was raised in a rich (if somewhat stupid) environment of urban legend and mythology surrounding the devil and devil cults. The sensationalist stuff on the TV with interview segments with people like Boyd Rice and Marilyn Manson was much more exciting at the time than it is now, and it all struck me as more interesting than what I saw of churchianity.

Edited by Stirner (05/10/16 12:20 AM)

#106783 - 05/14/16 08:14 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Stirner]
theguybb Offline
stranger

Interesting so all the media coverage on Satanism and satanists with the intent to scare people about Satanism had the opposite effect for you.

A TAD ironic that it made Satanism look more interesting or in other words people looking at Satanism more closely for themselves finding out what it really is then BECOMING satanists themselves. WOW that's the media for you.

#106930 - 05/30/16 06:53 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: theguybb]
fiendish Offline

It would be rather inaccurate and untrue to claim that something else than myself brought me to Satanism. Maybe I was born a Satanist, though I don't believe anything is innate. It was simply something that happened.

Medulla oblongata

#106934 - 05/30/16 08:39 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: fiendish]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Quote:
It would be rather inaccurate and untrue to claim that something else than myself brought me to Satanism.

Wow that's strange. Are you saying you are Anton LaVey coming back from the dead? Or perhaps The Devil himself?

For example, I'm pretty sure what drew me to this place, and any interest at all was at least in part due to LaVey's writing on the subject.

Quote:
It was simply something that happened.

How so?

#106937 - 05/31/16 02:24 AM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Creatura Noptii]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Fiendish actually made a valid point.

If you state that it was ASL which brought you here, you're merely stating you have been lead (like a sheep) to this thing here.

If you state it was by the own intention, you're more likely to be the wolf that found a pack.

#106938 - 05/31/16 11:25 AM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Dimitri]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Originally Posted By: *Dimitri
Fiendish actually made a valid point.

If you state that it was ASL which brought you here, you're merely stating you have been lead (like a sheep) to this thing here.

If you state it was by the own intention, you're more likely to be the wolf that found a pack.

His point is bullshit *Dimitri.

Are you trying to press my buttons? Do you really not understand my point?

I'm sure fiendish was the inventor of the word Satan as much as LaVey was the inventor of the circus act, or capes, horns, *black beard, potty humour and magic tricks.

Just for the record, LaVey didn't reveal anything to me I didn't already understand growing up on RATM.

*I guess I did bring myself here after all. Anton LaVey certainly didn't come back from the dead to give the command.

Edited by Creatura Noptii (05/31/16 12:04 PM)
Edit Reason: ****

#106939 - 05/31/16 11:32 AM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Creatura Noptii]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
Not sure what any of this has to do with me, but it is pretty smirk-worthy (albeit somewhat creepy and obsessive)

#106940 - 05/31/16 11:38 AM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: antikarmatomic]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Honest mistake. Besides Dimitri, you're the only one who seems to take the time to read my posts.

But don't worry, I read yours to \:\)

*Fact is, you could say it was Rock and Roll, and then one day I was bored and read LaVey, but other ideas (jeet kune do anyone?) are still much better.

Honestly I can't master the art of bullshit quite like most (who seem to have a knack for it). I can't even pretend. I am a very rigid, stubborn person. I don't like big groups of friends, going out drinking, dinner parties, and all the blabber sauce spewed all over the place in between.

Its not that I hate everyone, I just don't care enough to try to fit in. I want more out of life, but the difference is this: Most people want to be the badass yet refuse to meet face to face what it takes to get to that point, and I have, and still I am.

Call it a personal necessity.

#106942 - 05/31/16 01:41 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Creatura Noptii]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

ASL isn't the line where Satanism starts. Nor is his place on the pedastal you seem to have put him on within the shallow mindspace.

Through the years and the many introductions of the "newbs" (myself back in the day included) it becomes apparent his position was one of a mediator between a persons OU and SU within that persons worldview/mindspace.

Nothing more and nothing less.

Am I trying to push your buttons? Not consciously. And sometimes I like to see people squirm.

Edited by Dimitri (05/31/16 01:42 PM)

#106946 - 05/31/16 02:26 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Creatura Noptii]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
Do you think LaVey was inventing something, or simply describing a common practice by some humans? If every human were innately Satanic, how do you account for servitude, slavery, complacency, and stagnation among its population?

#106948 - 05/31/16 02:56 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Creatura Noptii]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
 Originally Posted By: CN
But don't worry, I read yours to
I am thoroughly engorged. Let the infernal buggery begin. I will demonstrate for you, young padawan, how a real man sheaths his bokken in the quivering poopers of my anally emasculated frienemies and lover boys.

I am a very rigid, stubborn person. I don't like big groups of friends, going out drinking, dinner parties, and all the blabber sauce spewed all over the place in between.
There are rainbows upon rainbows of pills designed specifically to remedy this very affliction! Within days there will be blabbersauce a plenty oozing from every orifice. To the window to the wall.

I want more out of life, but the difference is this: Most people want to be the badass yet refuse to meet face to face what it takes to get to that point, and I have, and still I am.
Alas, my heart belongs to another it was simply not meant to be in the flesh for you and I. \:\(

#106949 - 05/31/16 04:20 PM Re: what brought you to satanism? [Re: Dimitri]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
 Quote:

Being influenced and inspired doesn't mean being a sheep. Everyone draws inspiration from various sources. Everyone is influenced to some degree by other people, by what they hear, see and read.

There was no Satanism before Anton LaVey. There were only cases of devil worship, most of them imaginary. Satan was simply a scarecrow used by the Church to control the believers.

Now, whether LaVey's ideas are unique is another cup of tea. Of course, he cherry picked from various sources, he also added some ideas of his own but the thing is that he put those ideas into the coherent whole (I hate the word "codify"), thus creating what we call today Satanism. Satanism, as we know it today, was born with the Church of Satan.

Also nobody here wrote that LaVey was a genius and we should put him on a pedestal. However, one should give credit where credit is due. Now, bitch please.

Page 3 of 10 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.