Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#14060 - 11/08/08 02:02 PM Re: homosexuality and gay rights [Re: Fist]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
They talked about this on the Bill Maher show on HBO last night.
70% of black, and I think 45-55% of whites/hispanics voted against gay marriage. There was a lot of money spent by the anti-gay marriage block. There was not as much as an outreach to the black churches. They spoke about how community churches started with civil rights, but were against gay rights.

I think the issue needs to be more basic and clearer.

Equality within a marriage partnership, thus protecting children, home ownership, pensions, and death benefits.

Its not about a god anymore, its about money.

And Love, well, whats love got to do with it...

Morgan

#14070 - 11/08/08 06:04 PM Re: homosexuality and gay rights [Re: Morgan]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
I will sincerely enjoy to see how this plays out. The reliably Dem black vote stems from traditional black church within the black community. It is a fairly open minded but largely conservative community. It stands largely opposed gay social agenda.

However, the gay community is more activist and is a bigger donator to the DNC.

So, how will the Dems be able to pander to both communities? I see this referendum in several more states for the 2010 elections.

#14153 - 11/10/08 02:50 PM Re: homosexuality and gay rights [Re: VictorGrigorii]
Chelsea_Grin Offline
pledge

Loc: Atlanta, GA
All I have to say is I believe homosexuality is fine. It's human nature. My Christian family of course freaked when I was asked my opinion on homosexuality. They said it wasn't natural. They asked me how does someone know they're gay? I asked them how do you know you're straight? My point: It's natural. And Satanism is all for following your natural carnal instincts as a human. Of course, no one really cares for an in your face anything, be it gay or straight. I do agree on the gay parade thing...why should they get a parade all for themselves? If they get a parade, then shouldn't there be straight and bisexual parades as well? Or why don't we just skip the parades and live? If anything is in your face, they typically lose credibility, such as Christians, gays, etc. So I think it's ok if they're just chill and live their life. Don't bring attention to it and everyone will stay off their back about being gay.
#14162 - 11/10/08 07:45 PM Re: homosexuality and gay rights [Re: Chelsea_Grin]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

In the gay pride parade, bisexuals march as well.
I guess you didn't realize that.

"If anything is in your face, they typically lose credibility, such as Christians, gays, etc."

What do you mean by this?

"So I think it's ok if they're just chill and live their life. Don't bring attention to it and everyone will stay off their back about being gay."

AND how does this address the issues of gay rights?

Morgan

#14167 - 11/11/08 01:59 AM Re: homosexuality and gay rights [Re: Morgan]
Chelsea_Grin Offline
pledge

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I know alot of gays, and they've marched in gay parades many times, but I guess failed to mention it is a parade open to bisexuals as well...do you know if it is also open to gay supporters, or do you have to be gay/bi to participate? I didn't know that, so thanks for that tidbit!

And by that, I kind of went by personal experience and things I've heard from others...when someone is in your face preaching to you about something,or being obnoxious about something you typically tend to ignore it or be like wtf. You don;t want to pay attention to them and you definately wouldn't want to say "oh, i like what they're doing, lets join them and be obnoxious too".

and the last part was simply opinion. it doesnt necessarily adress the issues, and i do know the biggest problem with gays is that its "against god". but an underlying issue is people dont like gays also because they tend to associate them as "flaming gays" and whatnot, which draws attention to themselves when they do flame. yes, its their right, but sadly, it attracts negative attention.

I recently told a few what i thought were trusted friends that i was bisexual. They didn't like that too much. I drew negative attention to myself just because I mentioned it. They had been friends for many years, and just because i was bisexual didnt change who i was or how i acted towards them.It's sad how negative people are on this topic.

#14197 - 11/11/08 10:54 AM Re: homosexuality and gay rights [Re: Chelsea_Grin]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Yes, supporters can march too.

"when someone is in your face preaching to you about something,or being obnoxious about something you typically tend to ignore it or be like wtf."

Like Xitans, cheerleaders, civil rights, and other forms of stupidity?
The only real outspoken gay group isn't as loud as it used to be.
I still own one of their tee shirt...
Silence equals Death

"and whatnot, which draws attention to themselves when they do flame. yes, its their right, but sadly, it attracts negative attention."

You do realize that this can also be used as a reason against Satanism. The pushy, stupid, in your face with no fucking clue satanists.

"I recently told a few what i thought were trusted friends that i was bisexual"

You live in Atlanta, your boyfriend voted republican, and your 17, you attend a christian school. Did you really think that anyone would support your view. Hell, I bet your boyfriend supports it because hes gets to be in or watch 3 somes.

Hell, people will put to the stake and burn true satanists rather than gay people on any given day.

Morgan

#14208 - 11/11/08 12:55 PM Re: homosexuality and gay rights [Re: Morgan]
Jake999 Offline

I suppose it's because I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for so long... or that a friend was a leader of ACT UP in the city, or that I rubbed shoulders with gay / bisexual / transgendered people, or that I'd lady friends that were bisexual, but the idea of someone's sexuality being an issue to me is so outre that it's hard to even think that so many people could devote their time to it.

And what gets me chuckling is that I STILL hear people clucking, "THEY DO UNNATURAL THINGS IN BED." I suppose... because NO heterosexual would ever lick or suck their partner's yahoo or hoohah. And NO heterosexual would ever stick their yahoo in their partner's wazoo instead of their hoohah. And No heterosexual male would ever be turned on watching another woman rub his woman's hoohah, and nooooooooo... he would never... never... get in the middle and do a double yahoo/hoohaa or the fabled yahoo/hoohah/wazoo hat trick!!

The ultimate victory in human and equal rights is when we see the time when it just won't matter what goes on in someone elses bedroom unless we personally are involved. There are places down south in the good old US of A where (I'm hoping the laws have been repealed) it was up until recently that "deviant sex" and "sodomy" were punishable even amongst married heterosexuals! When the powers that be (be they religious, social or peer) can control the most basic of human instincts, there can be no personal freedom on any higher plane that is truly protected.

I live down south, and with some of the draconian laws on "sexual deviancy," I have well over 250 years of jail time racked up. I'm heterosexual, but if they REALLY pressed the laws, it would fill prisons, and your chances of being in a cell with someone guilty of "gay sex" as a heterosexual could well be higher than that of a homosexual.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.