Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#107 - 09/04/07 11:49 AM Sellers Depot?
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
Already we have people posting things for sale that could be of interest to someone here... Some of us seem to like it some of us seem to hate it no matter is exists...

Perhaps another forum area for things of that nature... Or should we just stone them back to ebay...

Cheers...

#128 - 09/05/07 04:01 PM Re: Sellers Depot? [Re: ta2zz]
tdevildoll Offline
lurker

Loc: Nebraska
Would anyone be interested in something like a book exchange? I personally dont have much to offer besides old sci-fi or random books that were given to me or i've found at thrift stores. I cant afford to buy new books at the rate I read. I would be more than willing to pay whatever shipping costs may be, and could return them, most books, within a week.
I've found a few exchange sites but thought maybe someone here would have books worth sharing.

#130 - 09/05/07 06:09 PM Re: Sellers Depot? [Re: tdevildoll]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Books are a good thing to swap/sell. Many are out of print or very hard to find.

#144 - 09/06/07 05:02 AM Re: Sellers Depot? [Re: Nemesis]
xear Administrator Offline
Admin

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I like the idea of a book swap, and a sellers forum too. I'm sure between everyone here there are lots of interesting items to be swapped, bartered and bought. I just worry about the lack of options one would have if/when someone gets ripped off, doesn't have a book returned that they swapped, gets sold a forged "autographed" copy of TSB, etc...

Suggestions, Ideas?

- Rick

#146 - 09/06/07 07:25 AM Re: Sellers Depot? [Re: xear]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
If they want to sell, they have to be registered with Paypal or something that we can verify their address. With cash involved, I wouldn't advise a direct payment, in case someone does get ripped off. Better to have a 3rd party like Paypal involved, which has the legal wherewhithal to handle disputes and such, without really getting the forum caught up in it.

Concerning swaps for even trades, I don't think any sort of verification is needed. At most, you might lose a book or cd or something.

#152 - 09/06/07 02:41 PM Re: Sellers Depot? [Re: xear]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Perhaps the best name for such a forum would be “Caveat Emptor” with a disclaimer that The Club has no control over anything offered for sale… Of course if you thought this would blow up like an Ebay for the Satanic Community then I could see you putting effort into taking sellers information, making a profit, etc… Hmmmm a Satanic/occult based Ebay, interesting concept for a new site…

I think we as a bunch are pretty careful whom and how we give out our information here… The same would be true for buying or trading something…

It also may become a dead empty forum… I just saw the responses to the guy who posted an item for sale and remembered the semi naked copy of LaVey from an old men’s magazine… I remembered someone advertising for a Satanic maid… My thoughts are this could also be used as an announcement area for artists, musicians, etc…

I just thought well if that were in a separate place who then would or could bitch…

Herein lies the tricky part… Too many forums can be just as bad or worse than too few…

Oh the virtual and verbal stoning of anyone who dare to rip one of us off …

Peace…

#153 - 09/06/07 03:01 PM Re: Sellers Depot? [Re: Nemesis]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Nemesis
If they want to sell, they have to be registered with Paypal or something that we can verify their address.

This would give the buyer some recourse... Legal or other...

In my opinion cash/check/money orders should only be used in face to face sales...

I will admit I have never used paypal and hear some of their business practices are flaky... Perhaps this is where Rick could turn to profit from this by opening a paypal like service as a separate entity and become the 3rd party...

Is the work to profit ratio enough to make such a move?

#157 - 09/06/07 08:41 PM Re: Sellers Depot? [Re: ta2zz]
delusion Offline
pledge

Loc: hawaii
I'm open to a book swap or sellers forum. Octavius and I managed to pull it off on the last forum without any issue. Those involved just need to understand that you enter into that agreement of your own free will. If in the end you realize that you sent your book/video/etc to someone who is not ethical then it is your own damn fault for not feeling them out thoroughly enough.

Having said that. I'm looking for a well kept copy of Morals & Dogma of Freemasonry_ by Albert Pike. Amazon has a few copies but i'd much prefer to put the money in the hands of another Satanist.

Thanks

#159 - 09/06/07 10:04 PM Re: Sellers Depot? [Re: xear]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
 Quote:
I just worry about the lack of options one would have if/when someone gets ripped off...

Well, this is the foundation of social contract theory. The society has stability because people generally do what they say they are going to do.

I seen other sites where members are given a 'trader rating' based on performance.

Personally, I think it come down to the character of the individual. I am pretty sure that anyone who has been around for while would trade with me.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 22 queries. Zlib compression disabled.