Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#107649 - 07/24/16 08:06 AM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: XiaoGui17]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
I feel you. When Anne Rice published her Jesus books, her writing lacked the depth it once had and I think she knew this, she channeled it towards minutia details irrelevant in storytelling.

Still, I can not deny that as a fan of her writing I bought her books anyway. You can't really know until you read it, you can't read it if you don't know about it, you can't know about it if she doesn't penn some piece of shit for you to buy and market it. It still supports her work as a paid author.

Sad that Rob is using this same business model but it is, what it is.

A transition. When you follow a person's work, it includes their follies. When the artist expresses, you get it all. Good, bad and the Ugly. It doesn't really matter if they are paid or not, what matters is they've put it out there, outside their own heads.

What's more fascinating is why we follow it to begin with.

#DanDread

#107650 - 07/24/16 08:16 AM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: The Zebu]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Zebu
Thus today we are more inclined to see aliens behind unexplained phenomena since we spend our nights watching V, Star Wars, and Independence Day... rather than strumming along to "Thomas Rymer and the Queen of Elfland" in some candlelit tavern.

I tend to think the troo believers are just not willing to deal with some childhood trauma. With all that anal probing and violent abduction scenarios.

Group Hysteria and co-signing an idea is pretty text book also.

He's singing satire of ideological beliefs.

#107651 - 07/24/16 08:24 AM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: SIN3]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
Anne Rice is a good writer, and I love reading about Lestat. I didn't like some of Memnoch the Devil. Now at The Vampire Armand, however I am taking a break from the series.

Quote:
He's singing satire of ideological beliefs.

I got that from it to. The music is just so short and cheesy I can't see it being anything more than filling a contractual quota. I think the teenage rock god video is funnier. It sounds like he is making fun of his own voice.

#110620 - 11/27/16 09:11 PM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: Creatura Noptii]
duhsquidbilly Offline
stranger

Loc: CO,USA
Rob also has a movie , 31, out this year. I actually was surprised. It sucks so bad it is decent.

lscreen>

Edited by duhsquidbilly (11/27/16 09:13 PM)

http://www.balanone.info/index.html

Mutatis Mutandis

#110649 - 11/30/16 12:53 AM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: duhsquidbilly]
Creatura Noptii Offline

I haven't seen Lords of Salem yet, nor have I seen this. LOS got mixed views and I just never got around to it. I liked The Devil's Rejects when it came out, it was something else. Cool how every character was despicable, no heroes.

This seems more like a regular slasher film. Not sure its going to be on my 'must see' list, but maybe I'll check it out.

#111081 - 01/06/17 03:19 PM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: Creatura Noptii]
Thomas Offline
stranger

31 isn't a bad film at all. Kinda cheesy but you have to expect that coming from Rob. Don't expect an epic slasher because you won't get it from this movie, but it's worth picking up for 10 bucks. I spent 14 on it and I'm happy with it. I will say that I had to watch it the second time to really appreciate it for what it is.

Lords of Salem in my opinion is better. I will recommend that one, for sure. No matter what he puts out, I will be there to buy it. I've been a fan since his early White Zombie days.

#111086 - 01/06/17 05:17 PM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: Thomas]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I see he has once again cast his wife in the starring role. Seriously, she is old and Haggard now, give it a rest Rob.

#111098 - 01/07/17 05:19 PM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: Dan_Dread]
Thomas Offline
stranger

He seems to be successful, and the same for her. For him to give it up would be giving up his what he likes to do & his income. Do what makes ya happy, right? That's a very Satanic thing to do the last time I checked. lol As long as Rob has fans he'll always have support to keep pushing his films & music. He's not stupid, the guy obviously knows how to make money. It's a no-brainer for him, just keep doing it.

She may be getting older but she's certainly not ugly. I've seen too many people drool over her for that to be true. Our opinions, including others out there will not change anything. They'd just call us haters. I don't know about others, but I advocate success regardless of what that said individual is doing. If it makes you happy, then carry on. My tasteless assertion is this: I'd fuck her! ;\)

So, I say "Hell yeah, Rob!"...because he's most likely doing better than those that stare into a computer screen every day. Living a dream vs (fill in the blank). Just like everybody else, it's just my measly two cents. ;\)

To each his own.

#111102 - 01/07/17 10:18 PM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: Thomas]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Hi Thomas,

I liked your previous avatar. It was a much scarier alien.

Perhaps doing what makes you happy is not quite satanic. I've learned to do things that I was told would make me happy. Turns out they didn't. Turns out I've decided a lot of what makes most people happy has more to do with living up to standards, expectations, and other people.

I've cut ties with friends. That hurt.

I cut ties with lovers. That hurt.

Living completely alone hurt, for a while. It still does, but I do it anyway, despite the pain, which is less and less. Soon there will be none.

Hell hath but one throne from which to rule.

Re-adapting takes focus and self discipline that so many fail to acquire.

I've starved, strived and fought. That hurt to.

I'm still here, albeit quite bitter. The price for having more insight, you might say.

A life of happiness seems gushy. Yes, happiness is a lie, a carrot people chase through programmed deprivation.

Satisfaction on the other hand, is not as gushy.

Edited by Creatura Noptii (01/07/17 10:23 PM)
Edit Reason: I'll stick to White ZOmbie, Sean Yseult rocks the bass.

#111123 - 01/08/17 10:26 AM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: Creatura Noptii]
Thomas Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Creatura Noptii

Perhaps doing what makes you happy is not quite satanic. I've learned to do things that I was told would make me happy. Turns out they didn't. Turns out I've decided a lot of what makes most people happy has more to do with living up to standards, expectations, and other people.

You're saying that doing what would make YOU happy wouldn't be satanic? And that doing what others expect of you would be better? Is that right? If so, I totally disagree.

If my folks, friends & family try to make me feel obligated to do anything then they're not good to be around, and I'd think that the relationship would be quite toxic. There needs to be a balance there. I can see not being too extreme about things and avoiding being too against there needs for support, because a Satanist should support their loved ones, but not at the expense of his/her full happiness. They need to be supportive of the things you want to do, because you know on the other side of the fence that's the case for them. I'd be placing myself at their mercy, constantly.

I wouldn't be my own god, living in my own personal subjective world, if I others are trying to knock it down. They'd have total control. A Satanist's personal happiness is everything, I think.

I've lost friends & family because of stuff like this, but the family I lost were nothing but scumbaggery, anyway. Same for the old friends. There's plenty of room in one's life to fill it with wonderful folks that will truly support you and make your life more enjoyable, not counter productive.

We have one life, one chance on this big ball of dirt. There's plenty of room to move around, it can easily be adjusted to your standards, just like others do in this world. The difference between the sheeple and the Satanist, is that we (or some) have my ground and control, and knowing how to make adjustments to fit our happiness is important. While doing so, keeping your true loved ones happy is also a thing to do.

The last thing I want to be is a total ass-hole and that nature starts to work against me.

Balance is key!

#111126 - 01/08/17 11:30 AM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: Thomas]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Quote:
You're saying that doing what would make YOU happy wouldn't be satanic? And that doing what others expect of you would be better? Is that right? If so, I totally disagree.

You've totally mis-interperated here, whether intentional or by misunderstanding, whatever.

My point is that living up to standards is what many people base their success on. They become trapped in a need for social acceptance, and a feeling of closeness with others.

The human condition is to find resources, and routine, and to adapt to said routine for the sake of survival. As time goes on, focus is narrowed like a tunnel vision, people forget about change, and they defend these developed and refined boundaries, often to their own demise.

I don't need friends, or lovers. I've cut ties with them on purpose because their ways are not my ways.

Happiness is often a fantasy, and those who think they need to be happy all the time often label themselves with a sense of failure if they don't have it right away.

In some instances I admire myself for my lack of happiness. For example, people say I should just feel happy with what I have, or that if something makes me happy not to challenge it any further, or that happiness is all that matters.

I say fuck 'em. Just switch out happiness for gullibility. See if they aren't one in the same.

*You could say I am a creature of darkness, or rather, that I cautiously approach the light from the dark. I've watched people who stay in the light and how reliant they are for the it to hilight every detail for them, afraid of even the smallest obscurity.

I like going on treks through the forest in pitch black darkness. You have a hard time navigating, but no matter how ominous or threatening, I take it with a sense of enchantment, accomplishment. Finding your way in the dark is fun, and tunes your senses with much more aptitude than merely judging by what the light illuminates in front of you all the time.

Edited by Creatura Noptii (01/08/17 11:48 AM)
Edit Reason: *

#111127 - 01/08/17 11:39 AM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: Creatura Noptii]
Thomas Offline
stranger

I guess I just needed a small clarification. But I do get what you're saying. Thank you!

As far as friends go for me, I really don't need them either, unless of course it's somebody interesting. A rare thing in my location. lol I'm surrounded by rubes. \:D

My brothers and parents mean the world to me, but the rest of my family are just a bunch of morons that would throw anybody under the bus, including their own blood.

P.S. I'm assuming you like the movie Prometheus, right?
Did you see the trailer for Alien: Covenant?

Edited by Thomas (01/08/17 11:41 AM)
Edit Reason: added a P.S.

#111128 - 01/08/17 11:45 AM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: Thomas]
Creatura Noptii Offline

I agree, a sense of appreciation and affection is a part of our nature. I also care for my close ones, I do what I can to be there for them. Its normal for most animals to care solely for the nest, and shun the rest.

Far as others, I also cannot have conversations like this with people in my neck of the woods. Its disgusting. Dipshits everywhere. I have no respect or tolerance for it.

Its embarrassing, like being a mountain lion surrounded by house cats, you might say.

I enjoy my solitude.

Most animals just want to be left the fuck alone.

Also... why aliens?

*Yes I've seen it. I thought Prometheus was ok, it could have been stranger, more... alien, Geigeresque. I hope the sequel elaborates more upon the engineers, and is not solely an attempt to cover up and re-invent Prometheus.

Edited by Creatura Noptii (01/08/17 11:52 AM)
Edit Reason: *

#111140 - 01/09/17 11:25 AM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: Creatura Noptii]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

I'd say the only disappointing element of the film was that Rob's wife was to be the sole survivor, so I thought. This is one of those "Yay! the bad guy wins at the end!" types of films. At least that's what it alludes to by the credits roll. Slasher vs. Horror film. Pretty decent kill scenes. It's like Hostel meets Texas Chainsaw.

Could have done without the campy names like "Doom Head" and 31 for that matter, seemed out of place and desperate to be weird.

He was my favorite character. Arrogant, good at what he does and relentless. And, he was right.

#111146 - 01/09/17 02:35 PM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: SIN3]
Thomas Offline
stranger

Quote:
Look into the eyes of a true champion.
-Death Head

Very arrogant. This has to be one of my favorite parts.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.