Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#111153 - 01/09/17 05:34 PM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: Thomas]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
I rather enjoyed the Prologue, a prelude of things to come. By the end it's all tied up with a pretty bow.

I really wasn't sure what to expect, I didn't dig in for spoilers and just followed Rob's blog until the release.

He seemed to keep a tight-lid on the plotline. It was a tad bit campy and silly but fuck it - everyone needs a reason to kill.

Brake did a pretty great job in the part. "I ain't no fucking clown!" Indeed.

#111173 - 01/10/17 11:10 AM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: SIN3]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
I might check it out. I wasn't much of a fan of 1000 corpses, but mir-man was kind of funny. Devil's Rejects was worth the viewing, but I wasn't too impressed with his Halloween films, and these new ones look like some other version of 1000 corpses, with more clowns and witches.

Freaks in makeup, guts, blood, violence.

Meh. Its getting campy.

I always thought that White Zombie should have covered 'Run Through The Jungle' by CCR, but after watching this... not so sure.

Ah who am I kiddin', it'd still be funny.

#111179 - 01/10/17 11:52 AM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: Creatura Noptii]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Honestly, I didn't understand the fanfare of House of 1000 Corpses until I watched Devil's Rejects. I think the characters were more developed by then.

At the start of 31, you get a sense of a continuation until the entire freak show crew becomes the victims and are not the assailants. There's some really ridiculous points but I'll not spoil it for you. You have to really enjoy slasher films to get the allure of 31. If you don't, you'll not likely enjoy the film.

#111232 - 01/12/17 11:16 AM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: SIN3]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hell I just got done watching this nifty little treat called Tales of Halloween.

If your in the mood for campy gory nonsense.

Can't say my standards are very high these days. I just take 'em for what they are: entertainment.

Maybe I'll get back to you about what I thought, maybe not.

#111234 - 01/12/17 12:49 PM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: Creatura Noptii]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Tales of Halloween was boss. Liked it a lot.

31... not so much.

His theme seems to be that there's random evil in the world... and some of it comes with pageantry.

#111243 - 01/13/17 09:08 AM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: Fnord]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Caught it on Netflix when it hit the recently added list. It was decent in that it manages to capture the allure of the holiday and what people do in its name. Man rarely needs an excuse for aggression but revels in any opportunity to level up.

31 had really campy bits that remind me of how Tarantino finished up Dusk Till Dawn. The storyline seemed a bit second thought but you can't help enjoy the dynamic shift. Rob has normalized his perpetrator cast, so it seems his hook this round was to kill them off and leave a ruling bad guy.

#111291 - 01/23/17 01:13 AM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: SIN3]
edgy Offline
stranger

His last couple of albums have been mildly disappointing, but, honestly, that seems to apply to a lot of artists over the last couple of years. New releases by bands I normally love seem completely devoid of soul... Maybe the U.S. government needs to cool it a little with the ambient electromagnetic waves or something, because it's starting to become a pattern. Am I the only one who's noticed this?

I tried watching 31, and made it about halfway through. Not too bad, but I think I'll wait until the NC-17 cut comes out. It's way too tame for a Zombie film; I can't help but feel like there's a ton missing, and I don't watch Zombie films for romance or the educational value...

#111300 - 01/24/17 03:28 AM Re: Rob Zombie's New Shenanigans [Re: edgy]
CanisMachina42 Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
 Quote:
Maybe the U.S. government needs to cool it a little with the ambient electromagnetic waves or something, because it's starting to become a pattern. Am I the only one who's noticed this?

That's just crowd control. I saw it on Strange But True?. What is happening is satellites are broadcasting theta waves over a targeted area. Each frequency in the 12-25 hertz range can induce emotions in the brain and sedate or agitate large groups of people.

I very much doubt government mind control has anything to do with Rob Zombie "losing it" and writing shit.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.