Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#109202 - 09/29/16 09:44 PM Many gay and trans people are scum.
Magicka Dispelga Offline
pledge

And so are a lot of gay and trans supporters. They get away with it more often though. I am trans myself, male to female, and in my experience the LGBT "groups" are as hateful and nasty as the people they are against, and the special treatment they think they deserve has rubbed off on so many people. For example, why is it that any insults about being gay or trans opinions are inherently considered bigoted and something worth taking seriously, but then you can insult people's appearances all day long, and that's more acceptable. What exactly is the difference? A big defense people have on behalf of gays and trannies is that they can't help what their sexuality is, that it doesn't matter etc. Well people can't help how they look either, never had a say in it. They are both just personal attacks, yet you aren't considered a bigot for insulting someone's looks. It's not like you have to actively be harming gay people to be called homophobic. It's considered "closed minded" to have any problem with them. Racism is another. Insulting someone's skin color is a big deal, but feel free to make fun of someone for their penis size.

In my case, I actually have a disabled brother. And several of the trans girls I knew after transitioning started to verbally attack me regarding my brother, people I initially was getting sort of friendly with, simply turned on me. Over time I noticed this about plenty of LGBT people and hetero supporters. It was surprisingly common for them to have some disdain for mentally retarded people, calling them burdens, a waste of resources etc. I don't actually care about people being bigoted in itself, but I hate some of the blatant hypocrisies and inconsistencies. Really, what room do trans people have to be bad mouthing ANYONE for their differences. They know what it's like to be on the outside, and sometimes even to be attacked for it, but will then do the same to other people that can be stigmatized too. Even Richard Dawkins, who is quite highly regarded among atheists, more or less said people with Down syndrome shouldn't exist. I've had conversations with people who try to initially make a moralizing "think of the children!" argument, but these conversations often turn to talk of people being burdens and not enough contribution to society. Even when I've spoken to other LGBT supporters about my experience, they always downplay it. To them, an anti gay religious zealot is every cunt, bastard and scumbag under the sun. But trans and gay people being intolerant get's a more passive response: "Well gay and trans people are human too", "Anyone can be rude". Most gay and trans people that get criticism I've seen are either from the religious or generally anti LGBT crowd, or for being feminists/social justice warrior crazies. Most else of their nastiness is fair game.

And sometimes when I've spoken about this, some people say "There's nothing wrong with being trans though, but a disability is different because it really shouldn't be like that". Being trans and gay are not the norm, and never will be, and that's fine. It hasn't been that long since gay and trans people were thought to be mentally ill themselves. They don't seem to realize that their desperation to convince the anti mob that it's not a mental problem is in a way, more harmful than good because really, so what if being gay or trans was a disorder? Would that invalidate us? No, provided people aren't doing anything to harm others or themselves, what is the issue? I just find it disheartening that people like this can be bigots themselves, and then get defended for it, and are defensive of their behavior when anyone tells them their attitudes are no different from they bigots they always bitch about.

#109204 - 09/29/16 10:27 PM Re: Many gay and trans people are scum. [Re: Magicka Dispelga]
CanisMachina42 Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Are you trolling? Because this seems like bait.

Anyway...

I consider myself transgender. The kind that transitions to be a lesbian.

And judging by your picture, I would have sworn you were too. Not trans, just a lesbian.

I really don't give a fuck about, or care to read what self hating shit you're spouting, I just wanted to "troll" you back.

LMFAO EDIT*

Having just now actually read it, I feel somewhat stupid, but let's keep it as a testament, to WHY YOU SHOULD READ THINGS FIRST BEFORE YOU REACT.

Guess I exposed something there, didn't I?

#109205 - 09/30/16 12:49 AM Re: Many gay and trans people are scum. [Re: CanisMachina42]
Satanic Princess Offline

Loc: New Zealand
I'm not really sure I agree with you implying that its the LGBT communtity who behaves this way only. I think its more human or animalistic nature to pick out the "weak" ones to target.

I'm bisexual, however I have only ever had one girlfriend and she was trouble with a capital "T"; she would verbally attack me, threaten violence if I didn't answer her immediately and go off at me for speaking to anyone else, especially people she didn't know (even my friend who was dying of cancer).
I just rolled over and took it until one day I didn't and snapped back at her and left the relationship; I had violent threats thrown towards me and the works; but of course nothing ever came about it.

However, just because of an experience with one individual is negative, doesn't mean that all of the individuals within that community are that way; I know some lovely LGBT people in my real life.

I think what you've experienced, Magicka, although unfortunate; is not a representation of the LGBT community, but of human nature.

I plan to live forever.... so far, so good! \:\)

#109206 - 09/30/16 04:09 AM Re: Many gay and trans people are scum. [Re: Satanic Princess]
Gira Offline
stranger

Loc: Oro Valley, Arizona
I'll bite.

How much power are you giving these people?

Sounds you are the one fishing for excuses. You care more about having those friends than the brother you already have, that you're allowing their words to hurt you to the point of make mass accusations against the entire lgbt community.

I'm transgender, and I have seen others act in similar ways as you mentioned. Maybe their minds are clouded by absolutes and as they transition, they shun everything opposite of their goals. That fear of what they were might still haunt them. Might still haunt you.

The support group I stopped going to definitely wasn't a good example for the community.

Now, should you? Or should you not? :be judged based upon my experiences with what I call the half assed trannies.

#109207 - 09/30/16 10:49 AM Re: Many gay and trans people are scum. [Re: Gira]
Naul Offline
stranger

Also have a disabled brother (he has Down's Syndrome), it was largely through growing up with a disabled brother that taught me to (at least try to) tolerate people who are different than me. Maybe you had similar experiences.

To be honest, i hated my little brother when i was a child.. i did not want to be associated with a mentally disabled brother. Out of pride, i did not want them to think i was in some way mentally deficient myself for being related to him by blood.

Over time my hate turned to pity, and pity turned to deep love. When i realized he would never have the same chances in life i have, and will never live a truly "free" life outside of care, it felt so unfair, and i hurt for him.

People talk all the time about tolerance, but i feel like it's almost impossible to learn tolerance without either being mistreated for being different, or having seen someone close mistreated for being different.

I was always a big supporter of the LGBTQ community, because i couldn't stomach anyone being denied the freedom to live and love as they feel happy and comfortable.

As you said, there's so much hypocrisy these days.. also int he LGBTQ community. Tolerance turned into one of those disgusting buzz words that's cheaply thrown around and twisted beyond recognition.

Everyone's so progressive and tolerant these days. And they hate each other.

I don't think people have the innate ability to be truly tolerant, despite how they praise themselves for it. i don't think you can understand tolerance and love for those who are different until you've either been on the receiving end of being treated badly for being different, or have had someone close to you treated badly for being different.

Edited by Naul (09/30/16 10:54 AM)

#109212 - 09/30/16 12:15 PM Re: Many gay and trans people are scum. [Re: Naul]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
 Originally Posted By: Naul
Everyone's so progressive and tolerant these days. And they hate each other.

I don't think people have the innate ability to be truly tolerant, despite how they praise themselves for it.

For once I agree. People are just looking for any excuse to expel their pent up rage.

Most do not care for others the way they make themselves believe.

A little story:

I was walking on a college campus. I saw a college douche coming down a steep hill on a skateboard. He took the worst fall I've ever seen.

I ran across the street when everyone else was waiting for the walk signal.

I broke through the tape between the trees, and the guy standing next to me asked if we were allowed to do that.

People walked by pretending not to see, whipping out their cell phones.

Three spoiled brat women came prancing down the side walk laughing it up, their arms around each other's shoulders, until they saw the guy bleeding out his head and arm on the cement.

They turned their backs and pulled out their phones, not laughing any more.

No one except me aided this fellow. He was bleeding quite a bit, yet he was able to walk himself to the nearest building for assistance.

Out of 50-60 people who must have passed by, not one of them even bothered to ask if he was OK.

It was a wake up call for me in many ways.

That was many moons ago.

So much for your god. I bet half, if not all of them were church going suckers. I suppose they thought god would just deal with it, send him an angel.

Better to avoid nasty things you say...

Then fuck off, like the rest.

#109214 - 09/30/16 12:31 PM Re: Many gay and trans people are scum. [Re: Magicka Dispelga]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
So it's intolerance being fought back with more intolerance?

People don't have to tolerate everything, even when there's some social movement telling them to.

Even here on 600 LINK. The Mods don't have to tolerate you just because you signed up. Nor do they have to count you part of the 'community' (whatever that means to people).

Quote:
I just find it disheartening that people like this can be bigots themselves, and then get defended for it, and are defensive of their behavior when anyone tells them their attitudes are no different from they bigots they always bitch about.

What's wrong with being called a bigot anyway? Maybe you're bitching here because you want users to relate. If we don't, then what? More bitching?

There are plenty of users here that couldn't care less about your gender confusion or weak genes. This is your break-out topic? Can't say I'm impressed. Menstrual Whining is what this amounts to.

#109215 - 09/30/16 12:45 PM Re: Many gay and trans people are scum. [Re: Satanic Princess]
Magicka Dispelga Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Satanic Princess
I'm not really sure I agree with you implying that its the LGBT communtity who behaves this way only. I think its more human or animalistic nature to pick out the "weak" ones to target.

I'm bisexual, however I have only ever had one girlfriend and she was trouble with a capital "T"; she would verbally attack me, threaten violence if I didn't answer her immediately and go off at me for speaking to anyone else, especially people she didn't know (even my friend who was dying of cancer).
I just rolled over and took it until one day I didn't and snapped back at her and left the relationship; I had violent threats thrown towards me and the works; but of course nothing ever came about it.

However, just because of an experience with one individual is negative, doesn't mean that all of the individuals within that community are that way; I know some lovely LGBT people in my real life.

I think what you've experienced, Magicka, although unfortunate; is not a representation of the LGBT community, but of human nature.

I never said gay and trans people point blank. I said that intolerance and bullying is common within those "communities" as much as elsewhere, except I feel they get away with it more, and the criticism they get tends to be more passive in general. This was covered in my comments.

#109216 - 09/30/16 12:53 PM Re: Many gay and trans people are scum. [Re: SIN3]
Magicka Dispelga Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: SIN3
So it's intolerance being fought back with more intolerance?

People don't have to tolerate everything, even when there's some social movement telling them to.

Even here on 600 LINK. The Mods don't have to tolerate you just because you signed up. Nor do they have to count you part of the 'community' (whatever that means to people).

Quote:
I just find it disheartening that people like this can be bigots themselves, and then get defended for it, and are defensive of their behavior when anyone tells them their attitudes are no different from they bigots they always bitch about.

What's wrong with being called a bigot anyway? Maybe you're bitching here because you want users to relate. If we don't, then what? More bitching?

There are plenty of users here that couldn't care less about your gender confusion or weak genes. This is your break-out topic? Can't say I'm impressed. Menstrual Whining is what this amounts to.

It specifically said in my comment that I don't care about people being intolerant in itself, it's the reactions that suggest that one "group" or situation is more deserving of consideration or understanding than another. What good reason is there honestly, for a trans person or LGBT supporters to be defensive of bullying toward gay and trans people, but then do the same to others over things they can't help? What is the difference? You're making my point less focused when you say something as generalized as "People don't have to tolerate everything, even when there's some social movement telling them to.". All this was actually covered in my comment and I was detailed about what I was talking about.

#109217 - 09/30/16 12:55 PM Re: Many gay and trans people are scum. [Re: Gira]
Magicka Dispelga Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Gira
I'll bite.

How much power are you giving these people?

Sounds you are the one fishing for excuses. You care more about having those friends than the brother you already have, that you're allowing their words to hurt you to the point of make mass accusations against the entire lgbt community.

I'm transgender, and I have seen others act in similar ways as you mentioned. Maybe their minds are clouded by absolutes and as they transition, they shun everything opposite of their goals. That fear of what they were might still haunt them. Might still haunt you.

The support group I stopped going to definitely wasn't a good example for the community.

Now, should you? Or should you not? :be judged based upon my experiences with what I call the half assed trannies.

I stopped being friends with them after that. I also didn't make mass accusations. Bullying is common among LGBT people. It would be accusatory only if I blamed people not guilty.

#109218 - 09/30/16 12:56 PM Re: Many gay and trans people are scum. [Re: Magicka Dispelga]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

I read it. Human beings are hypocrites and a contradiction of terms - that should be pretty obvious to you.

I'm more interested in why you believe this platform is ideal for this whining?

What do you want, a pat on the back? Ok cupcake, you are right. You made an astute observation, here's a cookie.

#109219 - 09/30/16 01:17 PM Re: Many gay and trans people are scum. [Re: SIN3]
Magicka Dispelga Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: SIN3
I read it. Human beings are hypocrites and a contradiction of terms - that should be pretty obvious to you.

I'm more interested in why you believe this platform is ideal for this whining?

What do you want, a pat on the back? Ok cupcake, you are right. You made an astute observation, here's a cookie.

It's obvious, but that doesn't answer why there is a big difference in attitudes regarding different kinds of bullying or insults. Hypocrisy isn't a big deal, and neither is ignorance, because a lot of people aren't even all that aware of it, and when you talk to them about it, they change their minds and appreciate what they were doing. On the other hand, when you confront or challenge what someone says, and showing how blatantly illogical or contradictory they're being, and they just get defensive and irrational, then they don't really have an excuse anymore. They know better but choose not to listen. It's like people who eat chickens and cows but then have a big problem with cats and dogs being eaten. They've kind of lost their platform to condemn others in that case. There's no objective reason for it. Also, nothing in my comment should imply that I expect people to "care" about my gender or "weak genes" (which I don't have thank you), my mentioning of being transgender was in line with the topic at hand. It's another matter when people just randomly announce being a gay or a tranny when it's not relevant.

Edited by Magicka Dispelga (09/30/16 01:18 PM)

#109220 - 09/30/16 01:43 PM Re: Many gay and trans people are scum. [Re: Magicka Dispelga]
CanisMachina42 Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Now that I'm not menstrual and pissed off, I'll give you a real response:

The LGBT community is the same shit disguised as a safe haven. There's some awesome people, but for the most part they are carbon copy drones of liberal persuasion.

Example: The night of the debate there was a watch party at a gay bar near me. I couldn't even go in. Everything Hillary said drew cheers and everything Trump said drew ire. It's a party line. It's being a special snowflake.

It's "Hey, look at us, but don't you dare demean or well bitch and play a victim card."

I'm all for rubbing it in to make people uncomfortable, but that's more a response to the "it's a learned behavior" bullshit. However if your going take a militant stance, don't be a little whinny bitch when you get backlash for it.

#109222 - 09/30/16 04:02 PM Re: Many gay and trans people are scum. [Re: Magicka Dispelga]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

The fact that you consider it bullying at all, amuses.

If Hypocrisy isn't such a big deal, then why this post?

I'd say this post is both illogical and irrational. Where do you think you are on an episode of Dr. Phil?

You mentioning that you're Trans with disabled sibling had what relevance to the topic you were seeking to discuss?

Why are either of these relevant to the behavior of strangers based solely on your anecdotal evidence again?

You seem a bit lost and don't know who your kindred are.

#109225 - 09/30/16 06:25 PM Re: Many gay and trans people are scum. [Re: SIN3]
Magicka Dispelga Offline
pledge

It's relevant because that's what the topic is about. Why are gay and trans people owed more consideration for their sexuality than other things, like appearance or disabilities? Racism is also taken more seriously. Also, I never went into any detail about my personal experiences other than a basic description. So you wouldn't know what I mean by bullying. And I never said hypocrisy doesn't matter. I said there's a difference between being ignorant/hypocritical and willfully ignorant/hypocritical out of being contrary or unreasonable.
Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.