Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#110144 - 11/09/16 10:37 PM Re: Will [Re: Creatura Noptii]
Persona non grata Offline

Originally Posted By: Creatura Noptii
@N913: How much of this is your own will, and how much of it is this cult I wonder? Just curious.

Your curiosity is most welcome, Sir. ONA, such that I apprehend it, and such as I have used and employed its philosophy and praxis, is not a 'cult', but rather a program, or a test, of sorts. One, who is very likely already so inclined, may activate that program, or take that test, in order to explore, not the ONA, but themselves, according to that means of valuation, such that the results be evaluated, ones own being be evaluated, beyond mind-space and the base ego. I say 'already inclined' because nearly all who would thus commit, possess the desire to do so, they resonate with such ideology, long before discovering, or employing, ONA.

Despite all the millions of pages of pompous nomeclature, and especially despite those who would invert the ONA, it is a system of overcoming the ego, rather than the glorifying of it by way of secret questions, inner circles, or hiding the truth from "lesser people" (all notions supported by base ego, and the domestic psyche). It is a means by which to become aware of the structure of the mind, to explore the psyche, and rise above the influence of petty suggestion, restoring the Will, and becoming adept (possessing dominion of ones own Higher Self).

And so where does the ONA stop, and I begin, such as you curiosity would question? My Will is such that due to resonance, I have discovered and explored ONA, so as to explore and discover the nature of my personal Being, and so I have. Having now fulfilled that evaluation to my satisfaction, I would continue the evolution of The Numinous Way, building upon the foundation established by David Wulsatn Myatt, and continue the manifestation of his, and my own, approach to the nature of the aggregate Being, and so I am. As above, so Below. As Below, so Above.

#110153 - 11/10/16 11:21 AM Re: Will [Re: Czereda]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
I wasn't referring to you personally. Just complaining here on the forum in general (I've seen it come from users here). Perhaps for Darry it's a numbers game. If say, 2/10 links are removed by Admin, that's an acceptable loss ;\)

#110155 - 11/10/16 12:04 PM Re: Will [Re: SIN3]

What numbers game is it that you believe me to play? There are perhaps 10 active members here, and 200 or so stalkers. I am certainly known to them all by now. And what 2/10 links? I have exactly two links whatsoever, pertaining to my past writings, and my new writings.

It is odd how several people have nearly no post of their own, and yet complain about any of my activity, such as they would have this forum stagnant and silent, or populated only with talk of movies, food, and tattoos (Facebook talk).

Not to mention that I have not been around NEARLY as long as Michael who constantly pimps five page long copies of shit he wrote 30 years ago, and nobody says a thing, not to mention I have perhaps half the content he has, and not to mention that the admins do nothing when he post stupid photos that screw up the forum, but they have banned others for the same... and at the end of the day you would claim that it is I who am whining.

This is quite amusing. No double standards here at all.

Edited by N913 (11/10/16 12:05 PM)

#110156 - 11/10/16 12:06 PM Re: Will [Re: Persona non grata]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
Are you sure this ego is real and how do you know it needs to be overcome, and what has this ONA helped you uncover about yourself that you wouldn't otherwise?

I've asked myself these questions in reflecting on my life, or a philosophy of any kind. For me it depends on the subject and experience therein.

I once thought happiness was the all end goal to life, so many moons ago, and now one might call me bitter, but I'm stronger having embraced and accepted parts of myself I never did before in the same quality or quantity I do now.

Maybe its time, or even biological growth, perhaps the two are merged in experience.

Accepting a life of solitude seemed like a never ending hardship years ago. It is now a desired preference.

#110160 - 11/10/16 07:31 PM Re: Will [Re: Persona non grata]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
 Quote:
Despite all the millions of pages of pompous nomeclature, and especially despite those who would invert the ONA, it is a system of overcoming the ego, rather than the glorifying of it by way of secret questions, inner circles, or hiding the truth from "lesser people" (all notions supported by base ego, and the domestic psyche).

The O9A secret questions got a bad fame after being used by the self-proclaimed guardians of the Tradition to discredit those whom they had personal beef with. However, this is not the purpose of the questions. All those secret questions, tests, games and riddles exist to raise your level of intelligence and erudition, to exercise your brain and make you look for things, getting more knowledge and insight in the process. Similarly, the things that are left unsaid are there for you to figure out for yourself, based on your study and experience. The mythos is there not to educate you but make you wonder and speculate, thus enhancing your creativity.

Those who say they managed to overcome their ego are hypocritical at best or delusional at worst. You will transcend your ego once you're dead. It is possible to weaken it a little bit or forget about it for a moment through some spiritual practices (even the Internal Adept rite serves this purpose) but such an experience is fleeting, the so-called symbolic metaphysical death. You wouldn't be able to function without the ego, let alone run around WordPress, preaching to the sinister bloggers. Shattering of the ego and becoming one with Being means simply... death.

#110167 - 11/10/16 11:32 PM Re: Will [Re: Creatura Noptii]

Are you sure this ego is real and how do you know it needs to be overcome,

I am certain that the psyche and the ego are real, as I was once far more subject to them than I am now, and I work to become further liberated, and likely always will. The subconsciousness will react to stimuli whether or not you are aware of it (and others certainly are). I would overcome, to the extent of my ability, the reactionary elements of base ego, and the plane of effects, and dwell instead in the Higher Will, on the plane of causation. I would dictate and manifest my experience, rather than endure the experience forced upon me by anothers Will. You will always be dictated by the Higher Will. The question is, will it be your own. I would answer, Yes.

and what has this ONA helped you uncover about yourself that you wouldn't otherwise?

Nothing. The work is, and has only been, my own. The ONA is a map, a set of practices and experimentation, trials, and philosophies. I would note also that these are not unique unto the ONA, as ONA is itself a collection of preexisting systems, ideals, and trials, from several other Orders. I have studied other systems, to greater or less degrees, and for now I continue the Numinous Way. I would not that having lived a particular kind of life, much of what I found to be suggested within ONA, I had already personally experienced. I grew up living my own version of the 7FW, and so I have not become the sycophant that many others have. I have lived this. I have not worshiped it. I have grown from it. I have not grown it.

I've asked myself these questions in reflecting on my life, or a philosophy of any kind. For me it depends on the subject and experience therein.

I have no use for subjective "truths".

Originally Posted By: Anna
The O9A secret questions got a bad fame after being used by the self-proclaimed guardians of the Tradition to discredit those whom they had personal beef with. However, this is not the purpose of the questions.

I am aware of this, but at this point in time only the childish elements of that "beef" remain. Its a game of na na, na boo boo, I know something you don't know, ha ha, ha ha ha... ONA in many regards has faceplanted into nonsense. I would discover and share knowledge, not conceal it. Thus I am currently engaged in a debate pertaining to this topic, with an associate, and I do defend such sentiment.

Originally Posted By: Anna
Shattering of the ego and becoming one with Being means simply... death.

In this we disagree.

#110179 - 11/11/16 10:46 AM Re: Will [Re: Persona non grata]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Quote:
I am certain that the psyche and the ego are real, as I was once far more subject to them than I am now

Aren't you just attaching words to an experience? You say you've experienced ego, but what I'm getting here is that you've changed your perspective based on new, changing acquired experience and knowledge.

Isn't this higher being of yours just another perspective, a different focus and acknowledgement of information?

Quote:
have no use for subjective "truths".

How do you get the conclusion of subjective truth out of what I said? I said I ask myself questions pertaining to the reality of something, particularly philosophy or any belief, and more importantly, how my experience has influenced my character, thought, and overall self interest.

I've also read on this forum that everything in this life is subjective, since everyone has a unique set of events. Some more than others, but all unique. What are your thoughts on this?

Also, you've all but demanded hypothetical responses in another thread. Yet you say you have no need for subjective truths. Wouldn't these responses differentiate from person to person based on subjective variables? I speak of those individual experiences and personal knowledge, or gnosis, as others might put it.

What say?

#110209 - 11/12/16 05:33 AM Re: Will [Re: Creatura Noptii]

Originally Posted By: n913
I am certain that the psyche and the ego are real, as I was once far more subject to them than I am now
Aren't you just attaching words to an experience?

Sure I am. Isn't that the function of language, to convey experience with words? What else would you expect on a forum designed to convey words and experience? Of course I am.

You say you've experienced ego, but what I'm getting here is that you've changed your perspective based on new, changing acquired experience and knowledge.

And? Thats how learning and maturation work. Whats the problem. You are just explaining how an explanation works, and ignoring my point to obsess on the nature of language. Why?

Isn't this higher being of yours just another perspective, a different focus and acknowledgement of information?

Not at all. The issue here is the Higher Will. Base consciousness and the self-ego are subject to the influence of all manner of stimuli which dictate their thoughts and behavior, while the Higher consciousness thus Higher Self recognize that stimuli for what it is and continue to make their own informed decisions. The information and stimuli are the same, though the Will is not, thus you have (ego < dominion).

I've also read on this forum that everything in this life is subjective, since everyone has a unique set of events. Some more than others, but all unique. What are your thoughts on this?

Nonsense. There is one natural Law, and it is consistent and unchanging. Within natural Law there are consequence for your actions. How you feel about those consequence does not change the result of your actions. Cause and Effect are not altered by "feelings" or thinking oneself to be "unique".

Also, you've all but demanded hypothetical responses in another thread.

Demanded is perhaps a melodramatic word. I would say 'requested'. I believe that it was Aristotle who said that it is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. Seems there are no educated minds here on 600, as no one can entertain simple hypothetical notions.

#110222 - 11/12/16 05:44 PM Re: Will [Re: Persona non grata]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Quote:
And? Thats how learning and maturation work. Whats the problem. You are just explaining how an explanation works, and ignoring my point to obsess on the nature of language. Why?

I do find language and human speech fascinating to a degree. How one chooses their words influences a particular response, and this response is then directed back at the original messenger, with familiar, and often new information. One decides what words work and what words do not, based on their experience and developing preference.

I just wonder if there is 'ego' and 'higher being.' Labels for different quantities and qualities of data, varying forms of interpreted and subjectively processed information from one person to the next.

'Higher being' just doesn't cut it for me as an accurate descriptor. Quite abstract when you see the label for what it is.

Quote:
There is one natural Law, and it is consistent and unchanging.

I doubt that very much, it depends on the natural law, and seeing reality as 'one natural law' sounds a bit silly if you ask me.

Things do change, while others remain consistent, yes, I agree thus far.

Quote:
Within natural Law there are consequence for your actions. How you feel about those consequence does not change the result of your actions. Cause and Effect are not altered by "feelings" or thinking oneself to be "unique".

*What you feel will often dictate what you think and vice versa, and what you do in spite of your so called higher will. People know better, and repeat mistakes, and what you think will happen despite your logical planning so often turns out quite unexpected.

I don't see a great schism between logic and emotion, these are interconnected parts of the human being. They function together, even when you believe yourself to be working past your emotions, they still exist, and I don't believe that humans are ever 'unemotional.'

Quote:
it is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Well in thinking on any given thought you are in a way accepting it. What got me is that you say you have no "need." Surly you do have some need if the question is asked, no?

Whether or not you agree to any given answer is neither here nor there in light of this.

Edited by Creatura Noptii (11/12/16 05:54 PM)
Edit Reason: *

#110230 - 11/13/16 04:40 AM Re: Will [Re: Creatura Noptii]

I just wonder if there is 'ego' and 'higher being.'

Yes. There is a gradation between those who are confined to the reactionism of stimuli, and those who are aware of the stimuli and thus free from its influence. Base consciousness < Higher consciousness. Base ego < Higher Self/Will. Focusing upon the plane of Effects < Focusing upon the plane of Causation.

'Higher being' just doesn't cut it for me as an accurate descriptor. Quite abstract when you see the label for what it is.

I have made my case, how about you make yours? What abstraction blinds me? What can't I see?

There is one natural Law, and it is consistent and unchanging.
I doubt that very much, it depends on the natural law, and seeing reality as 'one natural law' sounds a bit silly if you ask me. Things do change, while others remain consistent, yes, I agree thus far.

Im not certain that you and I are having the same conversation. You think its silly but you agree also? If the Law of the Cosmos is not consistent, what do you suggest is changing, and how has it changed?

Within natural Law there are consequence for your actions. How you feel about those consequence does not change the result of your actions. Cause and Effect are not altered by "feelings" or thinking oneself to be "unique".
What you feel will often dictate what you think and vice versa, and what you do in spite of your so called higher will. People know better, and repeat mistakes, and what you think will happen despite your logical planning so often turns out quite unexpected.

This will very likely be our last conversation. You have no grasp of context whatsoever. If you feel like you can fly, go jump off a cliff. Natural Law will sort you right out, lol.

it is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Well in thinking on any given thought you are in a way accepting it.

Yes. This is in fact our last conversation...

#110234 - 11/13/16 09:57 AM Re: Will [Re: Persona non grata]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Quote:
Yes. There is a gradation between those who are confined to the reactionism of stimuli, and those who are aware of the stimuli and thus free from its influence.

Like I said, all you're doing is changing how you think and react to information based on new experiences and new information. You only know your 'higher will' in comparison to what it was before lacking the information you have now.

How do you suppose you are free from stimuli and influence? I doubt that. If the blood flows, the flesh grows, and you are a captive within its limits!

Quote:
What abstraction blinds me? What can't I see?

See my above response if you still hold this question.

Quote:
Im not certain that you and I are having the same conversation. You think its silly but you agree also? If the Law of the Cosmos is not consistent, what do you suggest is changing, and how has it changed?

If gravity is your 'all one and only natural law' consider that its effects vary from thing to thing. While some aspects of reality seem consistent, they are in fact ever changing. Perhaps this is what you mean? Far as I can tell, the only consistency is change.

Quote:
If you feel like you can fly, go jump off a cliff. Natural Law will sort you right out, lol.

I agree, gravity will mess your flying plans, unless you have a rocket pack attached to your back when you jump off. It is also nature in which people do crazy things. In any case, emotions and logic always play together, I don't believe they are separated. Logic isn't always what one might call 'sensible.'

Despite you're vague claim of natural law, people still feel and act on their emotions. I agree that educating yourself can aid in more effective decision making, which I suppose is your goal.

There is a point between agreement and acceptance.

#110293 - 11/15/16 12:49 PM Re: Will [Re: Persona non grata]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: N913
What numbers game is it that you believe me to play?

Just as I stated. Over a period of time, if you plant say 6 links and 2 are removed by Admin as spam - then it's an acceptable loss.

Quote:
There are perhaps 10 active members here,

Yet, you continue to plant links for the gallery? As you said, you're a familiar, it's not like we don't know where to find you, your writing and all of its previous carnations in the archives.

Quote:
and 200 or so stalkers. I am certainly known to them all by now. And what 2/10 links? I have exactly two links whatsoever, pertaining to my past writings, and my new writings.

If not for Facebook you probably wouldn't have as many 'stalkers' by just populating a Wordpress. Numbers game.

Quote:

It is odd how several people have nearly no post of their own, and yet complain about any of my activity,
Equivocation. Users here aren't required to post, in fact they can be members for years and just read the engagements. If there are complaints, I can only guess it's a pallet issue. You can't possibly appeal to every user's flavor of content.

Quote:
such as they would have this forum stagnant and silent, or populated only with talk of movies, food, and tattoos (Facebook talk).
It wasn't stagnant before you started posting up again. There are forums dedicated to these subjects because you'd think that seasoned Left-handers would have other conversational interests aside beating an already dead horse. 600 has Necromancers too !

Quote:

Not to mention that I have not been around NEARLY as long as Michael who constantly pimps five page long copies of shit he wrote 30 years ago, and nobody says a thing,
False. They most certainly do say things, even voicing complaints and snark when he plugs his works. He does maintain a fan base and has earned the respect of quite a few users here. None of which requires your agreement.

Quote:
not to mention I have perhaps half the content he has, and not to mention that the admins do nothing when he post stupid photos that screw up the forum, but they have banned others for the same... and at the end of the day you would claim that it is I who am whining.

This has been explained ad nauseum here, check the archives. Aquino receives special considerations because the club admins feel as though he's earned it. All those emoticons and cartoon graphics serve a purpose in his communication style. Even if you find them distasteful.

Quote:
This is quite amusing. No double standards here at all.

I wouldn't call it a double-standard but rather an unorthodox one. If you have beef with it, something tells me you're salty about it for reasons you're not willing to admit. At least not here on the forum.

xoxoxo

Edited by SIN3 (11/15/16 12:53 PM)
Edit Reason: Will is funny like that.

#110337 - 11/17/16 01:25 PM Re: Will [Re: SIN3]

Originally Posted By: SIN3
Over a period of time, if you plant say 6 links and 2 are removed by Admin as spam - then it's an acceptable loss.

I have exactly two links... One to my Wordpress, and one to my Archives.org. Please name these "six" links you are going on about.

your writing and all of its previous carnations in the archives.

Carnations? I'm certain you could name them?

If not for Facebook you probably wouldn't have as many 'stalkers' by just populating a Wordpress. Numbers game.

You talk out of your ass as much as Antikarmatomic does. I haven't had a Facebook in years. I'm sure you could link to it and demonstrate this suposed activity related to Wordpress, 600, or anything else?

You can't possibly appeal to every user's flavor of content.

I am not concerned with "appealing" to anyone.

There are forums dedicated to these subjects because you'd think that seasoned Left-handers would have other conversational interests aside beating an already dead horse.

Trivial nonsense is trivial nonsense in either hand...

None of which requires your agreement.

Nor do I require your own.

#110340 - 11/17/16 01:50 PM Re: Will [Re: Persona non grata]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

First, I was generalizing. Those links also include any comment post you make linking to a blog or archive post you've made both now and in the past.

Second, by carnation I think you understand my meaning; whether it's N913, Darryl Hutchins or any previous blog project you were a part of.

Last, by talking out of my ass you mean that I speak categorically about your posting habits that are apparent?

What's wrong with Triviality again? Do elaborate.

#110343 - 11/17/16 03:09 PM Re: Will [Re: SIN3]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
Fourthly, no one talks out of their ass as much as I do – and if you think you do, I will___ buy you a plane ticket and fight you, I swear.

Fifthly, a dude as smart as him surely has figured out long ago "who needs Facebook when there’s Grindr?"

Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.038 seconds of which 0.008 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.