Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#110112 - 11/09/16 02:35 AM So... Trump
Persona non grata Offline

Joe Rogan and Sam Harris were talking once, and it came up that, if Trump were to win, it would be like a catastrophic meteor strike that would get everyones attention (the possible nonsense he may commit), and make the citizens care enough to actually get involved in politics, and "fix" the system, or at least improve it.

Personally, I have no faith in this system whatsoever, I believe that it IS all rigged. That being said, if this system is actually the best (American) humanity can currently do, what do you believe the result will be, what are your predictions, as for the term of one so openly bigoted and sexist? Will he FIRE half the government, treat the FBI and CIA as his personal agents and go bomb half the world with the military in his pocket? Will he shove the NSA even further up our asses? Or will he eventually be thrown out for being incompetent?

#110113 - 11/09/16 03:56 AM Re: So... Trump [Re: Persona non grata]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: CA
He will be like Reagan. He will cut taxes to the wealthy, triple defense spending, cut education/healthcare, and have his own War On Drugs ISIS.

Trickle down economics will then create a few new high paying jobs for Entrepreneurs (those that do for themselves), many more low paying jobs while the wealth disparity obliterates what's left of the middle class and minimum wage stays even with inflation.

It will be a time of fairly decent overall economic expansion, however, until some Asian market crashes and takes ours with it....

Think that about covers it.

#110117 - 11/09/16 07:19 AM Re: So... Trump [Re: CanisMachina42]
Zeno Offline

People assume that Trump can be comparable to any other politician, but I think Trump can only be comparable to Trump. Reagan was part of the political establishment, Trump is not. Neither can the policies of Trump be compared to the 1980's since the challenges and attitudes in the world of today is totally different.

#110121 - 11/09/16 09:54 AM Re: So... Trump [Re: Zeno]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Originally Posted By: N916

make the citizens care enough to actually get involved in politics, and "fix" the system, or at least improve it

That's exactly what happened, this shit broke the polls because droves of those that are apathetic or hostile to the liberal nonsense that has pumped as the lifeblood of nomos for far too long showed up to say -enough is enough. And so it is.

#110124 - 11/09/16 11:10 AM Re: So... Trump [Re: Persona non grata]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: Darry
what do you believe the result will be, what are your predictions, as for the term of one so openly bigoted and sexist?

Trump will remain Trump. Even with aids, speech handlers and advisors. I find it refreshing actually. Every time the Dems rule the house it's a hot mess of unneeded legislation. I don't think people really understand Conservatism, it's typically associated with a Judeo-Christian world view. I didn't find a single thing he's stated publicly offensive. The twists and turns of using his speech for a Libtard agenda were far more distasteful and intellectually disingenuous.

Life goes on, as usual. Nothing to see here.

#110125 - 11/09/16 11:24 AM Re: So... Trump [Re: SIN3]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
 Quote:
Or will he eventually be thrown out for being incompetent?

If this hasn't happened by now, it may never.

In any case, let the egalitarian tears pour on.

#110127 - 11/09/16 12:53 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: Persona non grata]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

I'm going to apply the same logic as when Obama was elected.
"Wait, see and form an opinion after his term".

That said, my opinion about Obama is this:
- A rally crier for minorities. Someone whose attitude and character may be interpreted as "a decent man" but in the long term gives the impression of being pussy-whipped.
He did his term but at overall showed lack of character and fortitude. His successes and "popularity" stemming mostly from the very local minority-groups and his appeal to pop-culture. In the end, he only went on with "business as usual" without unnecessary drama. His accomplishments are merely focused in trying to introduce "European Idealism" into America. It was a very honorable attempt but one which stands in stark conflict with U.S. culture...which is to stay that current law and ideas are incompatible. Much more transitions have to be made...

(And I'll be bloody honest when I say that "European Idealism" implies being a pussy-whipped beta-fucker without spirit or backbone).

When it concerns Trumps win...
Well... "wait and see". I will admit I had a soft spot for the guy. I like his straight-forward attitude and, at the very least, he represents and understands American culture. He'll be first in command but will still have to abide to certain procedures. It will be an interesting 4 (or 8) years to come.

America has chosen wisely. Despite Trump being vocal and straight-forward, which displeases many, he lacks the intelligence of scheming and working behind curtains. As such he represents, through his "idiocy", more transparence than Hillary. All that could be said about Trump was the mantra of "Sexist" and "Racist". Hillary on the other hand, as a decent pointer, had quite a few other chips like:

- The emails
- The Clinton foundation money (which was for charity) being used for: a) her campaign, b) the 3 million dollar wedding for her daughter,
- The withdrawing of Bernie Sanders by "buying" her way in through shared interests...

I don't know about most people here but I prefer a Sexist/Racist/bigot who doesn't screw me over than a Liberal Democrat who has all indications of doing so...

Long live the death of political correctness! ;\)
So yeah.. well done America! Luckily there are still a few sane minds.

Edited by Dimitri (11/09/16 12:56 PM)

#110130 - 11/09/16 01:59 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: Persona non grata]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
I voted for him. With that said, I doubt he will be able to do many of the things he claimed in his campaign.

I did enjoy giving the finger to the political correctness, and other wishy washy nonsense that have been shoved down my throat for the last few decades.

Edited by Asmedious (11/09/16 02:00 PM)

#110135 - 11/09/16 03:01 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: Asmedious]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Asmodeus
I voted for him.

Originally Posted By: Trump
I want surveillance and I don't care, are you ready for this, are you ready?

Originally Posted By: Trump
When it comes to the balancing security and privacy, we should err on the side of security. We should restore Patriot Act provisions enabling metadata collection for anti-terror surveillance with court controlled access, scrutinize social media of those seeking to enter the US, and limit the ability of ISIS to use the internet to spread terrorism.

I am just curious how you feel about his stance On privacy, considering your signature.

I'm with Trump on this one, mind you, I am just wondering if you were sold by his persona, iconoclastic nature, and overlooked other things to come to your decision.

#110136 - 11/09/16 07:08 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: Persona non grata]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
Not my circus, not my monkeys but these elections reminded me of those in my country. Just like in the US, two candidates were finally running for the office of president. One was liberal, another was more conservative and anti-establishment. The former had the support of all the mainstream media and celebrities but, in spite of all that, he lost. This is rather worldwide frustration with liberal and leftist propaganda.

I think Trump won because of his anti-immigrant and anti-establishment rhetoric and his honesty. He was more direct, saying what he thinks and showing a middle finger to political correctness. He was different so it's like a breath of fresh air.

But the most important thing for his voters, I think, was that he promised a change. Clinton wanted to preserve and cherish the status quo while the majority of people are simply fed up with the current state of things and expect a radical change. The same sentiment can be observed in my country and also in Europe. In my opinion, we are slowly moving towards post-NATO and post-EU new world order. Though I don't think globalism can be totally abandoned, the focus will be more on the selfish interests of particular countries at the price of artificial unity and so-called human rights.

Edited by Czereda (11/09/16 07:10 PM)

#110138 - 11/09/16 08:36 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: Czereda]
Sargeist Offline

Loc: Chile
So does anyone think Trump will come through with everything he promised? By looking at him I can't picture somebody who knows what he's doing, yet I think he'll make some improvements on the economy. I just heard on the news that some spokespersons from his campaign are already confirming that Trump will do away with Obamacare, and since healthcare in the U.S seems to be pretty fucked already I can only think this will be a positive thing.

#110142 - 11/09/16 10:26 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: Sargeist]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

A breath of fresh air.
Refreshing.
Honest.
Different.

I hate the PC crap and large government bullshit too, but his economic policy is shit, cutting the capital gains tax doesn't create worthwhile employment, and this thread is painful.

I think as an accomplished businessman he knows how to sell the ketchup popsicle. All he had to do was appeal to the discontent towards his predecessor. In the same way Obama sold hope and change. In fact, everyone sounds about the same.

In 4-8 years everyone will be screaming for a Democrat again.

The system works!

#110145 - 11/10/16 12:12 AM Re: So... Trump [Re: CanisMachina42]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:
I'm with Trump on this one, mind you, I am just wondering if you were sold by his persona, iconoclastic nature, and overlooked other things to come to your decision.

Yes, pretty much. I liked more of what he said, then didn't like. I also couldn't stomach the idea of a Hillary presidency.

#110147 - 11/10/16 01:22 AM Re: So... Trump [Re: Asmedious]
ShadowLover Offline

Loc: Gold Coast, Australia
I'm glad Trumpy got in because he is a patriot. It's not my country, but the more leaders we can get in around the world that oppose globalism the better I sleep. I like going to bed knowing I'm going to wake up with my culture still in tact.

#110152 - 11/10/16 10:51 AM Re: So... Trump [Re: ShadowLover]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
 Quote:
I like going to bed knowing I'm going to wake up with my culture still in tact.

Being Satanic in some regard, I don't care if my culture flourishes or fails, remains or changes. I go to sleep at night knowing I am intact. Everything and everyone else I don't care about can fuck off.

Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.033 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.