Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#110350 - 11/17/16 05:34 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: Kori Houghton]
Coligula Offline
stranger

Loc: Shithole, Uruguay
I hope he becomes a dictator and crushes all the media outlets and protesters with the might of Stalin and Hitler. I hope their lies turn out to be true.

Edited by Coligula (11/17/16 05:50 PM)

#110351 - 11/17/16 05:44 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: Kori Houghton]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: Kori
there are no jobs for them in a contemporary industrial environment.

A major selling point for Trump was bringing back American industry and squashing foreign trade deals. As we speak an expansion of the gas pipeline is underway in the Appalachians to replace coal mining. The timing is important so Trump can strum that tune. I think a lot of Americans are fed-up with so much outsourcing, a lack of enforcement of particular laws (especially in contrast to how vehemently Americans are prosecuted for crimes) and politics being so arbitrary. They've lost faith in the message of "We the People" and "For the People" that in spite of Hillary getting the popular vote, she didn't have a chance in hell to win.

People still don't understand the Electoral College and why it's necessary so the other 'protest' is to abolish it. With Democratic Senators supporting that, ffs. LMAO.

#110353 - 11/17/16 05:51 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: Coligula]
Persona non grata Offline

Originally Posted By: Coligula
I hope he becomes a dictator and crushes all the media outlets and protesters with the might of Stalin and Hitler. I hope their lies turn out to be true.

I'm just going to masturbate a while, and read this over and over.

#110356 - 11/17/16 06:54 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: SIN3]
ShadowLover Offline

Loc: Gold Coast, Australia
 Originally Posted By: SIN3
People still don't understand the Electoral College and why it's necessary so the other 'protest' is to abolish it. With Democratic Senators supporting that, ffs. LMAO.

I have watched a few Electoral College docos and a couple about the whole American voting system since the election. I had to to survive the wrath of the Left on Facebook. LOL!

One thing I do tell people that insist Hillary won the popular vote (which technically she did by approx 150thousand), is that they estimate 3million votes came from illegal aliens. WTF? Why in hell would illegals be allowed to vote? Only citizens should be having a say on how the USA gets to slice up the pie! As far as I'm concerned, the American citizens gave the popular vote to Trump by almost 3million.

Australia and NZ are really close and it is pretty easy for us to come and go to each others' countries, but we still only get to vote in the country we technically belong to. I know Kiwis that have lived here 20 and 30 years but they can't vote in our election. People with dual citizenship don't get to vote in both countries.

Edited by ShadowLover (11/17/16 06:55 PM)

#110357 - 11/17/16 08:25 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: ShadowLover]
Kori Houghton Offline

Loc: East Coast USA
 Originally Posted By: ShadowLover

One thing I do tell people that insist Hillary won the popular vote (which technically she did by approx 150thousand), is that they estimate 3million votes came from illegal aliens. WTF? Why in hell would illegals be allowed to vote? Only citizens should be having a say on how the USA gets to slice up the pie! As far as I'm concerned, the American citizens gave the popular vote to Trump by almost 3million.

Who is the "they" that estimate 3 million fraudulent votes? Fraudulent voting is rather rare, compared to attempted voter registration fraud.

In 2008, someone attempted to register to vote as me using my actual name and address, but using a different social security # and a birthdate over a decade younger than mine. Since they used a fake driver's license in my name to register, I was contacted immediately by mail by the Department of Transportation in my state. The mailing included a copy of the fraudulent information this unknown person used to impersonate me. Despite what the Dems and the Obama campaign said about there being no problem with fraudulent registrations, it obviously was happening.

But the system does work to catch attempts at voter fraud, so I consider it extremely unlikely that 3 million votes were cast by non-citizens or through use of fake registrations.

#110366 - 11/18/16 12:51 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: Kori Houghton]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

If you recall the Arizona Supreme Court ruling, it was deemed unconstitutional to demand proof of citizenship to vote. There is literally nothing in the state of AZ that prevents illegals from voting. States can however block a vote if the person has been convicted of a felony. Thing is, without proof of identity how can this be vetted?

Even if technically at the Federal Level, illegals aren't *supposed* to be voting, the conflict arose when States attempted to put checks and balances in place to vet out illegals from the voting pool. It's not technically voting fraud, if their I.D. wasn't checked in the first place.

States like CA made it public (thought to be a deportation trap) that illegals can obtain state driver's license and vote in both state and federal elections.

Back in 2014, there was backlash to a Washington Post article because it basically mapped out which states illegals could get away with voting in.

Basically, it's states that don't check I.D. or Voter Registration before a person enters the booth. Essentially, this is what was argued in Congress for the better part of 2 years leading up to this election. What is and isn't constitutional, who can and can not vote, etc. Here in VA Governor McAuliffe abused his position by writing a sweeping order to restore voting rights to felons back in April. It was struck down as an abuse of power but the VA Constitution allows him to restore them on an individual basis, so that's what he did instead. 60,000 restored, and I think it ended up with about 20K that registered to vote. Many call this voter fraud because it was a tactic employed to get more Democratic votes.

It's not as rare as one would imagine. I think when people consider fraud, it's cases of fake docs to register, dead people or duplicate votes counted. The issue of *who* can vote has always been up for scrutiny. Especially when known illegals are allowed to vote rather than get deported.

#110374 - 11/18/16 02:32 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: SIN3]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
I think one of the main arguments against voter ID, was that some "poor," people would not be able to fill out the application for it, and or make it to a government office to get one.

Yet, I guess somehow they are able to make it to the voting center, and fill out the voting form.

#110381 - 11/18/16 06:51 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: Kori Houghton]
ShadowLover Offline

I don't know how these estimates are formed. Is it the same way they gauge what percentage of white and Latino women voted for Trump? The only way you could get an exact number would be to recount every vote and see where it originated, but I doubt Clinton would want that.

In Australia, we have an electoral roll, and when we go in to to vote our name is crossed off the roll. We apply to be on the roll when we turn 18 (Although I know some kids that haven't and they haven't been hunted down) or immigrants apply when they become citizens. If you are not on the roll, you don't get to vote.

...Obama himself gave the green light for illegals to vote which I feel was a huge slap in the face for US citizens.

And since the election the police chief of LA declared that he wouldn't be enforcing the deportation of illegals. I imagine illegals add something to California businesses and way of life?

But basically these two things tell me that key people are supporting the right for illegals to vote, and the rulings from the supreme court aren't opposing it. If I was a Californian business man who hired illegals I would have found out what booths were safest to vote in and told them to get down there and vote... I even would have bussed them in if necessary, knowing I was just helping the illegals do what the President said they could do and in turn helping my own business and doing what was best for me. It makes sense to do this.

I don't blame illegals for wanting to enter the States, anymore than I blame Asian brides for wanting to marry outside of Asia - they are just trying to make a better life for themselves and their families. But I believe in providing for your own kids before you provide for the ones down the road... I believe in putting your own oxygen mask on first.

I think it is naive, or denial even, to think that a large amount votes in certain states didn't come from illegal aliens. But put aside the illegal vote... There are also all of the uncounted votes in each state... When the popular count between Republicans and Democrats is so very close, I don't think you can call it Democrat without scrutinising all of the votes properly.

But as it doesn't change the outcome of the election itself, such a task would be a waste of taxpayer dollars. But it will be interesting to see the outcome in the same states in 4yrs time when we can assume that a lot less illegals will get away with voting.

#110384 - 11/18/16 08:21 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: Kori Houghton]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
 Originally Posted By: Kori Houghton
The protests against the elections result are, in my opinion, ridiculous. The guy hasn't even taken office yet, so he hasn't done anything protest worthy. I think I've read more news headlines and articles comparing Trump to Stalin than Hitler, now that the transition process is underway.

And even more idiotic than the protesters on the streets are those who sign the petition to the Electoral College on change.org website asking the electors to vote for Hilary. I checked the website and they seem to accept people from all over the world, not just Americans. There is no verification of personal data whatsoever so for sure the electors will take it seriously. ;\)

Some Hilary's fans have a glimmer of hope that they will manage to convince the electors to overturn the results. I doubt that will happen considering that the electors, with few exceptions that can always happen, are loyal to the party that nominated them.

As for the press, there is a lot of crap. Everyday I stumble upon some bullshit. Boohoohoo I'm afraid to wear my headscarf. Someone told me "fuck you, nigga." There is a rise in hate crimes and it's all Trump's fault.

All that nonsense aside, I doubt the US is in for an all round revolution. Trump can make some changes to satisfy (or piss off) his electorate but there is no way his party will allow him to deport all illegal immigrants or put everything on its head. It's not even technically possible. Especially, that he has already modified his views. He no longer wants to deport all the illegals, just the criminals. He no longer wants to abolish Obamacare, only change it a little bit. He started speaking warmly about NATO so he will probably be like any other US president, only a little bit more extravagant.

It's also fascinating how nearly all European radical right wing parties are hailing Trump, seeing in him some kind of a Messiah who will pave the way for the new world order free from political correctness, immigrants, globalism, EU cosmopolitanism, LGBT agenda etc. Not to mention Marine Le Pen, who hopes Trump's victory will increase her own chances in the coming elections. It's a bit too early, me thinks, to sing a song of the New Aeon. They might be disappointed.

Originally Posted By: SIN3
Especially when known illegals are allowed to vote rather than get deported.

This is just downright retarded. I can't even imagine being allowed to vote without showing one's ID card and without being put previously on the roll. What a f*cking mess.

#110388 - 11/19/16 11:03 AM Re: So... Trump [Re: Persona non grata]
Stick Offline

Loc: Benelux
Although I am not living in the USA. The whole election made me cringe.

Both president candidates capable or not, were acting in my opinion like there background "taught them".
Like a lawyer and a businessman.

Personally I would "trust" a scientist better.
Unfortunately it is a rare breed to be knowledgeable in the scientific way of thinking and applying it's method and having the capability to play the masses as a lawyer or and a businessman can.

S.

#110406 - 11/19/16 07:32 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: Stick]
ShadowLover Offline

Originally Posted By: Stick
Personally I would "trust" a scientist better

LOL. Images come to mind of a President Sheldon Cooper settling all major issues with a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock! And on a really positive note, World Wars could be fought using paint-balls! (...Until he builds his death ray.)

Edited by ShadowLover (11/19/16 07:33 PM)

#110417 - 11/19/16 11:28 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: Persona non grata]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Trump has a two-year window to accomplish as much as he can with Reupublican control of both Congressional Houses. Look for him to concentrate on actions requiring Congressional approval, and which serve to reinforce and increase his voter base. The less important actions will happen after the mid-term elections if the Republicans retain their majorities, but still with an eye to not blowing Trump's own reelection in 2020. It's generally during their second term that Presidents open all the stops.

The Supreeme Court is a particularly important barometer, because appointments to it are lifetime. Trump will seek a young conservative for the current vacancy; expect a frantic fight from Democrats. Then there are existing aging Justices, of whom the Democrats may try to delay retiring until hopefully post-Trump.

Any mass-expulsion of illegals will probably be coupled with some kind of controlled "goest worker" program, like the old "braceros". to allow them back in as cheap labor but prevent any social benefits, including of course voting. Prospective Attorney General Sessions was particularly interested as a Senator in modifying the Constitution to preclude automatic citizenship for children of illegals ("anchor babies"). This may rear its head again, particularly since the States have to ratify any Constitutional Amendments, and Republicans control a great many statehouses at this time.

#110426 - 11/20/16 08:47 AM Re: So... Trump [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
 Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
Trump has a two-year window to accomplish as much as he can with Reupublican control of both Congressional Houses. Look for him to concentrate on actions requiring Congressional approval, and which serve to reinforce and increase his voter base.

This, of course, is a blessing and a curse. A blessing in the sense that Trump has the power to get a lot of things done, a curse in that the things he gets done could be his undoing.

Does America really want a wall, one that Mexico will not pay for (and trust me, Mexico ain’t paying shit)? What’s to keep “terrorists,” or whatever Trump wants to call them, from regularly blasting through that wall in an effort to make one of his major policy initiatives look flaccid and inept? Does America really want corporate tax rates dipped to such an extent that it sinks the country deeper and deeper into debt? Does America really want the federal government to take a public stance, and enact public policies, against the threat of global warming despite the concerns of the scientific community? Does America really want to take a hardline stance with its allies and those it wants to make allies?

I guess we’ll see.

#110432 - 11/20/16 02:52 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: Asmedious]
Carcosa Offline
stranger

Loc: Chicago
 Originally Posted By: Asmedious
I voted for him. With that said, I doubt he will be able to do many of the things he claimed in his campaign.

I did enjoy giving the finger to the political correctness, and other wishy washy nonsense that have been shoved down my throat for the last few decades.

Me too, but I think he will accomplish a lot of what he promised. Like him or not, I think there is a sincerity to him, he's definitely an "outsider" not beholding to the current political culture, and he's someone accustomed to being on the "winning" side.

An added benefit to this whole scenario is that I can wear my Trump/Pence t-shirt to the Home Depot and start a riot or wear it to a college campus and have the students break out in tears and run for their 'safe spaces'. Life is good.

#110439 - 11/20/16 04:01 PM Re: So... Trump [Re: William Wright]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Thing is, there's already a wall in some parts and a fence in others. The areas where there's nothing more than barbed wire to prevent illegal crossings relies on patrols. Those are the areas where Trump is concentrated. Whether that be additional construction, hi-tech surveillance, increasing patrols and holding them accountable makes no difference. When people hear "wall" they imagine things. These imaginings aren't as important as blocking illegal crossings. We have resources, yet we aren't using them to smartly to enforce immigration laws. Law Enforcement being so arbitrary, this is what the Conservatives are vetting. Corruptions that have a direct impact on our economy. Even if the bombings and such are rare, they do have an economic impact. The idea that millions are here illegally and can function within our society by help of citizens is going under harsher scrutiny.

Is that an unreasonable request to Americans? Seems only the Liberals take issue with it.

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.048 seconds of which 0.029 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.