Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#110894 - 12/19/16 10:47 AM Re: A Difference In The CoS [Re: Bitis Arietans]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
Have you ever spoken to her? You have to show extreme patience with her method of speech. Aquino doesn't strike me as the type that would be bothered. What would he gain from it?

#110968 - 12/25/16 06:36 PM Re: A Difference In The CoS [Re: SIN3]
Bitis Arietans Offline
stranger

Loc: NC
Sorry Sin, I didn't mean to direct that question to you (obviously) I'm rather new to this & need to beef up my posting skills a bit. No, never have I spoken to her. Have you? I was just curious if Dr. Aquino had spoken with her, and if he had, how she may have felt about "the Infernal Mandate" having been passed on to Dr. Aquino, especially since she and Anton split many years ago. Btw, I've read many of your posts and found them interesting. Also listened to a few of your podcasts and found them very interesting as well. Sorry for my poor posting skills. At any rate my very best to you.

#110975 - 12/25/16 08:42 PM Re: A Difference In The CoS [Re: Bitis Arietans]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: steven landreth
Dr.Aquino, from interviews, such as In Satanis, Diane LaVey seemed rather a very nice, intelligent lady, and reasonable as well. At any point did you reach out to her, especially after the split between herself and Anton? I'm curious because she seemed rather sincere in her devotion to legitimate Satanism. Or perhaps, vice versa, she approached you, and/or the TOS?

Diane and I were as close as brother & sister, and that too was one of the profound pains of 1975. Diane stood by Anton on that occasion, and I respected her loyalty and never tried to compromise it.

The LaVeys' breakup and "palimony" court actions utterly stunned me, as I had always thought them a fairytale couple. Whether or not this was exacerbated by the moving-in of Sharon "Blanche Barton" Densley I cannot say; obviously Anton could and did make his own devisions in that regard.

Thereafter I sent Diane a copy of The Church of Satan, with an open invitation to any corrections or suggestions, and received none. I later sent her the final, published edition, which is dedicated to her, as you can see from the "Look Inside" feature on its Amazon page. I hope that the book will not only testify to her central role in the success of the Church, but also immortalize her wisdom, grace, beauty, and warmth as a person.

Last year Diane experienced a catastrophic accident and shock to her health, and has since been in medical care and recovery. I've written to her, but still do not feel it respectful to go beyond that.

#110983 - 12/26/16 11:52 AM Re: A Difference In The CoS [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Bitis Arietans Offline
stranger

Thank you Magister Aquino (as I read in another post, how you think of yoursel when you comee here.) I could listen to you talk Satanism pre '75 forever. I dont think I'd ever been as disapointed myself as when I found out that what I thought were Legitimate Satanists were actually just Atheists. I held out the sincere 'hope' that that was just the way they were "marketing" it. I think it probably was on the Part of Anton & Diane, but the rest these days do in fact reek of being your run of the mill Atheists (no offence intended to any who may read this.) Would you care to share, one of your favorite times while in the CoS? Again I have to confess my poor posting skills, very sorry...but I am working on it! I certainly wish Diane as well as Yourself, my very, very best.

#110986 - 12/26/16 03:18 PM Re: A Difference In The CoS [Re: Bitis Arietans]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
What I would recommend is that you pick up a copy of my The Church of Satan, volumes 1 and 2 you can find here. Both are available in paperback and Kindle ebook editions. The Kindles are less expensive, but bear in mind that these are both mammoth books with minimal "white space" and abundant footnotes, so are much easier to use as the paperbacks. [V1 is more $$ than V2 because it is in color, necessitated by the extensive photo section.]

My intention was to capture the entire history, philosophy, and key personalities of the Church, both for alumni and for later generations who missed the phenomenon. After years of revision/expansion and 8 editions, I'm satisfied that it's a "wrap". \:\)

As for anecdotes, consider also perusing the 600C archives, not just for my comments, but for those of various other forum participants. There were and still are a lot of bright people here.

While I empathize with your disappointment about "missing the original, authentic experience", the problem is that Satanism per se was limited by definition to being a reaction or response to JudŠo-Christianity. It certainly stood up to that challenge over the decade of its existence, but we gradually, increasingly realized that it was an artificially limited frame of reference. J/C itse;f is entirely comfortable remaining within this "prison of stupidity", but Satanists were not.

Hence our evolution into the Temple of Set, which is conceptually infinite. I've also said here that, had the crisis of 1975 not happened, I think the Church would have continued to evolve in this same direction, including Anton personally as its continuing head. That would have been a "same but different" adventure!

#110998 - 12/27/16 09:40 AM Re: A Difference In The CoS [Re: Bitis Arietans]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

No worries. The reply feature can be abused by us all here.

Yes, I had plenty a few years back.

Don't get me wrong, she's pleasant and articulate in her ideas (even if I find them disagreeable), I just don't see what could be gained by them.

Judging by Aquinio's reply, that 'health crisis' thing rears its head once more. Is it any wonder why the Christians believe that God is still on the payroll? heh

#111005 - 12/27/16 05:29 PM Re: A Difference In The CoS [Re: SIN3]
Bitis Arietans Offline
stranger

If you dont mid me asking, what ideas of hers did you find disagreeable? Would be interesting for me to know, if you don't mind sharing.

#111008 - 12/28/16 11:50 AM Re: A Difference In The CoS [Re: Bitis Arietans]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

She's got some pretty strange ideas about what constitutes the Satanic but so do most people on this forum.

Take for example the necessity to create "Theistic Satanism" wtf for and to what end? Seems like a gross misunderstanding of the entire point. Aside from "I do what I want dammit!" - pointless.

#111009 - 12/28/16 01:22 PM Re: A Difference In The CoS [Re: SIN3]
Bitis Arietans Offline
stranger

I see your point Sin, I Myself, am from the 'old school' and beieve in The Prince of Darkness. (Won't bore you with the details, just see the many posts of Dr. Aquino.) Otherwise, I see claiming the Title of Satanist without believing in a Satan quite pointless and I can still "do what I want dammit!" However, I started out many years ago with Aleister Crowley and so see the situation as "Do what thou wilt" We may disagree on a few points, but what the hell? I still find you a very interesting and very intelligent person.

#111010 - 12/28/16 03:33 PM Re: A Difference In The CoS [Re: Bitis Arietans]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

I think it's rather easy to recognize adversity and an MO as antagonist without the need for anthropomorphism.

Crowley apprehended it (as the concept predates him) and by the end of his life, he was assuredly doing it wrong.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.