Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
This is silly.
No experience on foreign policy.
Little experience in politics.
Currently under investigation.
Pro-Oil.
Pro drilling in the Artic National Wildlife Reserve.
Anti-Choice, anti-abortion.

She has an 8 month old child with special needs.
How can she take care of her children (all 5 of them), and help to run a country.

I dont care that she is a woman, but she is not qualified to help run a country.

If Mccain dies, she will be president.
That is very scary.

I'm voting Obama.

#11098 - 08/29/08 05:58 PM Re: WtF???? Palin [Re: Morgan]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
This is clearly a roll of the dice by McCain to grasp flailingly at the disenchanted Hilary constituency. Bad move on his part. I'm still undecided as to what I'm going to do come November, but neither Obama or McCain offer any substance. No matter how they dress it up, it's still just hot air and rhetoric. I don't know if I can yet again cast my vote for the lesser of two evils.

#11099 - 08/29/08 06:09 PM Re: WtF???? Palin [Re: Octavius]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Well, Biden son is set to go to Iraq before November.
I would think as a father, with a son serving overseas, he would have more desire to end that war than a man who doesnt mind staying there. I dont think Mccain really cares, hes only got maybe 10-15 years left alive anyway....

How can he see the future of this country when he doesn't have much of a future left?

And with Mccains choice, she is a heartbeat away from running this country. That is really scary to me.

If Mccain dies, then maybe in 4+ years, it will be her verses Hillary.

Yes, Obama may not be the best, but hes a Hell of a Lot better than Mccain.

#11112 - 08/30/08 09:39 PM Re: WtF???? Palin [Re: Morgan]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
For what it's worth, both McCain and Palin have boys in Iraq.

#11113 - 08/30/08 09:40 PM Re: WtF???? Palin [Re: Morgan]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
 Quote:
This is silly.

Not at all. It is good strategy. Palin is a true conservative (I think). All of the conservative talk radio shows are alive with pro-Palin coverage. McCain is not know for his conservative politics, and the Republican conservative base is pretty turned off by him. He needs the conservative base if he is to win in Nov.

She is also a woman. A lot of pro-Hillery women feel snubbed by the Dem's. Hillary was suppose to have a coronation. And then, from out of nowhere, this black boy ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo09Rx9whWs) ran up and stole ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBvYICKJ3TI ) her nomination. You also have to understand the conflicted relationship most liberal women have with black men ( http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...oq=white+women+ ). Most liberal white women have had sex with a black man just prove they were 'open minded.' However, in the end they found that black men actually have little respect for them and they end up feeling conflicted, ripped off, and alone. Your typical female Hillary supporter falls into this category. Many female Hillery supporters are now at least looking at McCain. This is identity politics - nothing more.

Quote:
No experience on foreign policy.

It is funny that you should say that. Firstly, did you know this is a Dem talking point? In other words, they actually have grass roots classes and email lists that puts this exact message out to the party faithful. Don't believe me? Google “democratic talking points.” The party faithful (INGSOC party mems) are suppose to repeat these over and over again to their friends and family until it becomes part of the collective consciousness. But, what is funny about this statement is that the same could be said for Obama, and he is running for President! At the very least, Palin is the Governor of Alaska. Her two closest neighbors are Canada and Russia. She is in charge of the AK National Guard and Alaska is home to several military activities. I suspect she does know what is going on in the world around her. At the very least, she understands how the military works. Obama can't say as much and neither can Biden.

Quote:
Currently under investigation.

Again, another democratic talking point. Google it. If we apply our critical thinking skills, we would ask “under investigation for what?”. Palin came to politics as a reformer. She came to Alaskan politics sort of accidentally through other civic involvement. When she ran for Gov, she promised to root out decades of corruption and end the 'good old boy' way of doing business in Alaska. As it happened, her ex-brother-in-law was an AK state trooper. My read of the situation is that he was a product of the old corrupt Alaskan system. As a state trooper he seems to have thought he was above the law. Like most cops of his ilk he was also a childish asshole who was use to getting his way. During Palin's sisters divorce, it came to Palin's attention that this trooper would drink on duty and sleep in his car, and according to court documents, threatened to taser Palin's nephew. Palin wanted him fired but the good old boys at the Public Safety Administration refused to fire him in the grand tradition of protecting their own. So, Palin did the next logical thing, she asked the head of the Public Safety Administration for his resignation. His response was to launch an investigation on her and her family regarding the whole affair.

Quote:
Pro-Oil. Pro drilling in the Artic National Wildlife Reserve.

I don't care what your politics are. Unless you are living in like the Unibomber, you are pro-oil. Oil is the engine that drives modernity. The spice must flow.

The sad state of the economy is directly related to the high price of oil. Right now, oil returns a 30 units of work for every 1 unit of energy put into producing it. There is no replacement, right now, for it. And we have problems right now.

Drilling for new oil will have the immediate result of lowing the speculative price oil traded on the exchanges.

As for ANWR...

The whole of ANWR is 19 million acres of harsh wilderness that would kill your average 'environmentalist' in a North Face jacket. Of this, only the Costal Plain area is being considered for oil exploration. The Costal Plain area is 1.5 million acres of bleak harsh arctic tundra. Of this 1.5 million acers, only about 2000 acres would be considered for oil exploration. This 'pro-oil' film pretty well states the case: http://www.anwr.org/flash.htm

As an aside, I will never understand how the Left thinks they have a monopoly on environmental stewardship. You average 'environmentalist' has scarcely spent any time living in nature. Palin for her part, is an avid outdoorswoman. She hunts and likes to go ice fishing and camping. I am not sure Obama even knows how to bait a hook or start a camp fire.

Quote:
Anti-Choice, anti-abortion.

Roe vs. Wade is wildly misunderstood. The decision did not legalize abortion per se. What it did was affirm doctor-patient confidentiality and as such, a doctor cannot be held criminally liable for preforming a consensual medical procedure.

Presently, what is at issue is who will appoint the next round of Justices to the SCOTUS. At least two are most likely going to leave the bench in the next 4-8 years. For Roe vs. Wade to be overturned, it must first go back in front of the court. This is no mean feat. Even if such a case was successfully appealed all the way up to the SCOTUS. The Court would then have to agree to hear the case. Again, harder than it sounds. At this point, even if the Court did overturn Roe, it would do so only as a States Rights issue. What this means, is that individual states and their medical licensing boards would then have to rule on what is medically permissible. What this means is that we would end up with a patch work of abortion laws much like we have a patchwork of gun laws.

Both sides use the abortion issue as a red herring to stir up the base. Again we need to apply our critical thinking skills. The next time someone tells you that so-and-so plans to overturn Roe vs. Wade, ask them just how this would come about.

Quote:
How can she take care of her children (all 5 of them), and help to run a country.

Have you ever read the life and times of Theodore Roosevelt? If you get a chance, read “Theodore Rex.” He was also a radical reformer that shook up the status quo. He also had five children. By most accounts, he was a very involved father and one of the best Presidents in history. All the same, Palin has a 90% popularity rating in Alaska – five kids and all, so she must be doing something right. In contrast, Bush has a popularity rating in the low twenties with all of congress (which is controlled by democrats) enjoying a popularity rating in the low teens to single digits.

Quote:
If Mccain dies, she will be president.

We would only be so lucky. I wish she were running for President.

Quote:
I'm voting Obama.

Why? What is the compelling reason to vote for Obama? At the very least you could write in Ron Paul or vote for the Libertarian. Obama and his kind are the worst sort of collectivists. Everything I need to know about Obama I read in Orwell's “Animal Farm.”

It has been said that you can judge a man by the company he keeps. In my experience this is true. Obama's life long friends are varying sorts of America haters.

Obama is an empty suit. He has no new ideas. He simply has the speaking style of a black preacher, and as such, he sells the snake oil of hope. Oh Lordy Lord, Bother Obama is gonna' leads us to to the promise land! Hallelujah! Now pass the plate because we have taxes to raise!

Screw that.

#11115 - 08/31/08 12:11 AM Re: WtF???? Palin [Re: Fist]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Really, I didnt know mccain had a son in iraq.
Her son is going in oct, Biden son is going in nov.

Yes, she may be a conservative and likes to eat moose that she has killed. She is governor less than 2 years.

Oh, yes, her neighbors in the great white north are Canada, and Russia. I can see Canada invading us, walking thru the woods, and Russia crossing the land bridge to come and get us.

Okay, so some white chicks date/screw black guys to see what its like. Like white guys dont screw anything that doesnt move, and well, some screw mud too.

Everybody goes thru shit, doesnt trust exs. The relationship failed on some level and someone gets hurt. Boo Hooo if women vote this election based on who they fucked its as bad as voting for who you want to have a beer with.

Biden has dealt with foreign policy, and has experience. Hes been involved in washington since the 1970's. Yes, hes been around, does that make him and insider, a member of the ole boys club. I dont know, maybe, but at least he knows the players on the world stage and what the score in the game is. Look up his record.

Yes, they both have kids. The point was, Biden's are grown up and her youngest was born in april (?), 4 months ago, and with down syndrome. Already she had her daughter hold the kid at the announcement. How can she focus on the country when she has to still maybe breast feed and figure out how to take care of her kid for the rest of its life?

Her exbrother in law and sister go thru a messy divorce. She tried to get him fired. Thats it. If she is as much as a conservatives and pro-death penality person as she says she is, she did it for her sister. Wouldn't you?

Yeah, yeah, the spice must flow, but there must be more input into other sources.

Actually, you made my point with artic drilling. Its a small area, not much will come out, and it wont make a dent in the problem. At most, 2-3%, and at what cost. Better chances with off shore drilling away from hurricain pathways.

Oh, my. I can hunt, shoot a gun, put up a tent,fish, and I can even fix you if you get cut open. I ran for president in junior high school, am I qualified to president too? After all, I live in nyc, have friends I know in most major countries, and can pick up languages when I feel like it. I'm not an exbeauty queen but I'm an ex Dominatrix so I know how to put power brokers in their place. Maybe Mccain should have tapped me, Regean did send me a christmas card when he was president.

The point is, I dont want her or mccain.
A vote for anyone other obama wont matter.
I dont want another 4 years of bushism.

I want something different. Sometimes you have to take a chance and believe that something can be different. You have to do something that maybe sounds not like the best thing, but it is the right thing to do.

I dont expect to change your mind, but look at your kids, at your sons. Mccain expects to be in Iraq for another 100 years, long after hes dead, your sons are his future soliders. Do you want that for your kids. I dont.

I want a future for this country, odds are Mccain wont be alive in 15 years to see it. I want someone who sees the possibilites of what can happen with change, not someone afraid of it.

Do what you will, vote for whom you choose, but please make your vote count.

Morgan

#11122 - 08/31/08 01:22 PM Re: WtF???? Palin [Re: Morgan]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Morgan
but please make your vote count.

Can you explain how that is possible with the current electoral process... It is the very reason I gave up on politics back in 4th grade...

Peace

~T~

#11123 - 08/31/08 05:17 PM Re: WtF???? Palin [Re: ta2zz]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Okay fine, I'll use simple words.

In regards to the presidential election:

Yes, we don't vote directly for the canidate.
Yes, all we do is vote to tell people in the electoral college how to vote.

Thats why we get a popular vote, and the electoral vote.
If the major voice voting isn't loud enough, it doesn't get heard or listened to.

Thats one reason why Gore lost, Nadar was a spoiler, and Bush got Florida from his brother. (in a nutshell)

If you dont vote, and try, then you lose the right to bitch and deserve whatever happens.

As I said before, I want someone who sees the possibilites of what can happen with change, not someone afraid of it.

Do something that might actually make a difference.
Vote.

Morgan

ps.
jesus f christ, the end of the world is fucking coming.
I'm pushing for a black pres.
I defended xitans right to pray to mary to a born again.
and so far this weekend, I didnt get drunk and do anything stupid.
All I need to do is win the lottery, and its official.

#11124 - 08/31/08 05:57 PM Re: WtF???? Palin [Re: Morgan]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Ditto. If McCain expires mid-term (which is possible) then we'll have an unqualified mother-of-five running the oval office. Ironically, though, she has more actual experience than McCain... Obama won't be the messiah of change his campaign pomps him up to be, but is certainly the lesser evil.

All maddening politics aside, I think we've all had our fill of dumpy old white guys going on their nonstop political joyride.

#11132 - 09/01/08 03:20 AM Re: WtF???? Palin [Re: Morgan]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I agree here, if you vote, the least you can do is try to have your vote have some impact. In a bi-party system like you guys got, and it sure ain't making me jealous, it is only possible if you vote for A or B.

The European media, with their love for the democrats, make it look as if Obama has little competition but it wouldn't surprise me if McCain will win this one. I don't like both of them too much but think that Obama might be the better choice for the future of the USA. If not only to try and give them some credit again in the rest of the world.

#11164 - 09/02/08 08:18 PM Do not pay attention to the man behind the screen. [Re: Morgan]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Okay fine, I'll use simple words.

Gee for lil ole me? Thanks a bunch…

In regards to the presidential election:
Yes, we don't vote directly for the canidate.
Yes, all we do is vote to tell people in the electoral college how to vote.

It has been a long time since I bothered myself with this so I may be rusty… The way I remember being taught about this was there are a certain number of electoral votes per state… Larger states having a larger number… By voting you are allowing the electoral voters the right to cast their vote… Not in any way telling them how to or whom to vote for…

Thats why we get a popular vote, and the electoral vote.
If the major voice voting isn't loud enough, it doesn't get heard or listened to. Thats one reason why Gore lost, Nadar was a spoiler, and Bush got Florida from his brother. (in a nutshell)

The only reason was simply the electoral vote counts and the popular vote is nothing but a façade to make you think your voice counts… The mainstream media was covering the Florida recounts and botched election… How much louder does one need to speak to be heard?

If you dont vote, and try, then you lose the right to bitch and deserve whatever happens.

As it was luck that I was born here and not some backwater third world country, I will leave it up to luck to keep things in order for my lifetime… Prayer and hope mean little to me…

As I said before, I want someone who sees the possibilites of what can happen with change, not someone afraid of it.

Why is congress ignoring the facts behind the Federal Reserve? Nobody running for president will make any bit of a difference or change… They are but puppets… Change is all around us… People are waking up to this bullshit… But what can you do but hope things will be different?

Do something that might actually make a difference.
Vote.

Right here your doubt is visible…

Face it simply put your vote really doesn’t matter the money mongers will get their way and there is nothing you or I can really do about it but do what we do and survive… Bush getting the Whitehouse proved that… The system is flawed to the advantage of those with old money and not to our advantage? Voting is simply another way to make the public feel like they are in control when in actuality it is just another control to keep everyone in check…

~T~

Simple enough for a 4th grader to understand…

#11166 - 09/02/08 08:29 PM Re: WtF???? Palin [Re: Diavolo]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
I agree here, if you vote, the least you can do is try to have your vote have some impact.

There are those trying to change the way the electoral system works... Therein lies the possibility of change...

I'm not betting on it happening in my lifetime... I am a do or die type of person... I try on shoes, and clothes... I change and do things I am capable of...

~T~

#11174 - 09/03/08 02:38 AM Re: Do not pay attention to the man behind the screen. [Re: ta2zz]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

"Okay fine, I'll use simple words.
Gee for lil ole me? Thanks a bunch…"

lol. come on you know what I mean.

"The only reason was simply the electoral vote counts and the popular vote is nothing but a façade to make you think your voice counts… The mainstream media was covering the Florida recounts and botched election… How much louder does one need to speak to be heard?"

Yes, all true. How much louder, not sure, but I think if it happens again there will be big problems. I dont think the bread and circuses will help this time. There mostly likey will be a rebellion and cesar will fall.

Honestly, this country is running out of Luck.

"Right here your doubt is visible…
Face it simply put your vote really doesn’t matter the money mongers will get their way and there is nothing you or I can really do about it but do what we do and survive… Bush getting the Whitehouse proved that… The system is flawed to the advantage of those with old money and not to our advantage? Voting is simply another way to make the public feel like they are in control when in actuality it is just another control to keep everyone in check…"

Look, its either vote and try or just do nothing.
I am not happy doing nothing. I really dont want her in there.
I got a bad feeling that Mccain might get in and then this country is finished.

Iraq thinks we want out and etc thinks we want out.
If this country elects that warmongering old man, we are screwed. He already said we are not leaving, the stupid attacks will start up and more stuff in the USA will get bombed cause they got nothing to lose anymore cause we are sitting in their front and backyard.

I wish we could just do a big DO_OVER for the whole election choices. I don't like them all, but Obama is the better choice.
As fucked as that sounds.

Last I heard she thinks God talks to her, and God wants Alaska to get a pipeline. Didn't Mccain have her vetted? Maybe the GOP really doesn't want Mccain in office, and she is there to make sure he doesn't get in? Would the GOP throw this election just to make sure Mccain doesn't get in?

Morgan

#11224 - 09/05/08 09:02 AM Re: Do not pay attention to the man behind the screen. [Re: Morgan]
Cody Offline
pledge

Also Pro-Gun and a lifetime member of the NRA which puts a huge target on her back that is seen and recognized by the "radical" Dems who seem to make up less than %15 of their crew- only time will tell.

Edited by Cody (09/05/08 09:03 AM)
Edit Reason: lowercased the r in radical, felt it was too loud.

#11235 - 09/05/08 10:25 PM Re: Do not pay attention to the man behind the screen. [Re: Cody]
Raziel LaVey Offline
stranger

Why is Palin so popular? All she is to me is a good-looking older woman reciting speeches from Bush's speechwriter.

She didn't impress me one bit.

Page 1 of 5 12345>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.038 seconds of which 0.011 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.