Page 5 of 5 <12345
Topic Options
#13788 - 11/02/08 04:53 PM Re: WtF???? Palin [Re: blsk]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Here is an interesting news story that really highlights the stupidy of Palin: http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2008...dent/?page=full

#13843 - 11/04/08 08:55 AM Re: WtF???? Palin [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
So, Palin likes to hunt? Like millions of other Americans, and she got spoofed by some DJ. So what?

I have seen dozens of serious new reporters get spoofed by Howard Stern fans. These are also the serious journalists who also seem to enjoy tearing Palin down. Yet, they are not smart enough to avoid a 'ba-ba-booie.'

McCain chose Palin to charge up the Conservative base (that he needs in order to win) because most conservatives are pretty cold on McCain. I know I am.

The leftist media and Liberals are terrified of Palin because she is the real deal and has large populist appeal. They have moved heaven and earth to tear her down.

The McCain campaign and leftist media are all setting her up to be the scapegoat for a McCain loss. I say let 'em.

Win or lose, you will see Palin running for POTUS in 2012.

#13850 - 11/04/08 11:55 AM Re: WtF???? Palin [Re: Fist]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I never said anything about here liking to hunt. I go hunting myself, so I don't see what relevance that statment has. The reason why I find this funny is because the woman is a fucking dingbat. This woman cant even distinguish a PM from a pop singer. Her foriegn policy experience of that of Alaska being close to Russia. I don't know what you mean by "the real deal" Anyways, the woman is fucking stupid and has no buisness running as vice president for anything.

#13860 - 11/04/08 03:57 PM Re: WtF???? Palin [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
This is to cover several points, and none of them have to do with what the previous poster said.

First off, a little news piece from out here in oil country: Morgan said:

"Actually, you made my point with artic drilling. Its a small area, not much will come out, and it wont make a dent in the problem. At most, 2-3%, and at what cost. Better chances with off shore drilling away from hurricain pathways."

You don't have to drill the entire state of Alaska, all you have to do is find one lucky pocket and you can be sucking oil out of land a thousand miles away. Oil pools like water and even though they are only drilling a small area, it is entirely possible that the amount of oil they remove can cover ten times the square mileage of the land they are drilling on. Drilling isn't cheap, so chances are good that if they have their eyes on one particular patch of dirt, it's because they've done their homework and know that the largest underground pools will be found in that area. If your 2-3% statistic came from anywhere besides your own mind, I'd like to see your source.

For the YouTube generation, you can watch the movie, "There Will be Blood" The main character does well near the end of the movie to explain how drilling works.

Also, since this thread is apparently to attack Veeps, I'd like to ask how anyone can feel comfortable voting for a moron who says "...and when the stock market crashed, Franklin Rooselvelt got on television..."

Yes, there is a slight chance that McCain wont make the whole term, but in case you didn't notice, Obama is BLACK. His chances of surviving a term in office are - at best - just as slim. I'd rather have Palin than Biden any day. I've heard what Biden says and when you take out the stupidity, what's left fails to tell you what his actual opinion is. Palin might be a maverick or a little radical, but at least she's got enough balls to act and speak instead of simply trying to string enough words together that you forget the question.

It looks to me like we are all better off focusing our vote on vice president. Morgan rants about Palin and compares her to Obama (which should be a compliment to Palin because she's not actually running for president, yet everyone compares her that way), but have you, Morgan, checked out Biden? Have you been able to get around your Obama-worship long enough to see what he's dragging around behind him?

#13871 - 11/04/08 07:46 PM Re: WtF???? Palin [Re: ceruleansteel]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
First up, I am not Obamas ass.
I dont see why it appears that you are taking/making this personal.
I would have prefered Edwards, but he couldn't keep his dick in his pants.
Obama is better than Mccain.

People bring up Palin verses Obama, because chances are that Mccain will die in office.
Hes old, and had a few bouts with cancer, and has physical problems relating to the time he spent as a POW.

I actually used to like the old Mccain, the one from 8 years ago. He was more middle of the road, and open minded. The mccain running now, sold out. He hired the same people who worked for bush and fucked him over to do the same job to Obama. He is right now selling out for his last chance at the white house.

Palin is too fucking stupid to be in the white house. She also needs to at home taking care of her baby, not handing the poor kid off to her daughters. She can't communicate with her daughter about safe sex, how is she going to talk to world leaders? Besides, I dont want someone in office who is against abortion in the cases of rape and insest. She also made rape victims pay for the rape kit used in hospitals by the police to catch criminals.

I'm not going to list all of Biden points, go to the website for that.

Hell, even Cosmo ran a brief article comparing Obama to Mccain last month. Showing the side by side differences.

Look over the links:
http://origin.barackobama.com/issues/
http://taxcut.barackobama.com/

The 3 percent was not out of my head. It was from a couple of different articles.
In regards to drilling, yes you might get lucky, and get a pool of oil, But how much area will you destroy in order to get it. How big or how little will it be? Do you really think it will be like the Arabian oil fields?

Look over the links:
http://arctic.fws.gov/issues1.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_Refuge_drilling_controversy

Its been a while since you were around.
I guess you moved to oil country??
Hope you are well, nice to see you back.
Morgan

#13886 - 11/04/08 11:55 PM Re: WtF???? Palin [Re: Morgan]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
Thank you for the welcome.

I'm not taking or making it personal...most of what I said was aimed at you only because it's your thread, so the things that you say are what I focus on when I'm reading it. Also, the statement about oil caught my attention because I didn't move to oil country, I have lived here my entire life. Arkansas is known for two things: diamonds and oil. That's what we do here. Half the guys I know work the rigs. Finding a "pool" of oil isn't lucky, that's how it works. They have machines that they use to determine where the oil is and the approximate amount. I compare it to underground pools because that's how it is. In a town about thirty-five miles from me, everyone has well water. The town covers about two thousand acres and they are all getting water from the same source, even though they have their own separate wells. Oil works the same way. I could own a thousand acres of property, but if I drill on my land I could also take oil from my neighbor's property because the "pool" covers several thousand acres. Just because they drill in point A doesn't mean that they can't take points B, C, and D's oil as well.

I seem to recall a couple of years ago you and I clashed heavily on the subjects of feminism and women's rights. I must admit that I'm sort of shocked to see you of all people saying that any woman "should be at home taking care of her baby".

I don't think you are being thorough in defending your position when you fire vague shots at one candidate, yet simply refer me to a website when I question yours...and refer me to still more websites for everything else. I understand you are a busy woman, but I think that you should be able to state your own reasons and defend your own position with your own words and simply cite the website as your source instead of leaving it up to the reader to research your opinions for you.

Back to the oil, it's known that Alaska has large enough oil deposits to supply the nation for several decades without the need to rely on outside sources. (Instead of going that route, I believe the plan is to merely suppliment outside sources with our homegrown stuff.) They don't have to tear much up to get to it, they just have to make sure they have done their homework before they start drilling. And once again, it is VERY COSTLY to drill. No company is going to waste their time on a maybe. If they are willing to put bit to dirt, they already know that the payoff will be worth it.

It's all pointless now, though. Congrats on your horse.

Edited by ceruleansteel (11/04/08 11:55 PM)

#13910 - 11/05/08 09:51 AM Re: WtF???? Palin [Re: ceruleansteel]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"I seem to recall a couple of years ago you and I clashed heavily on the subjects of feminism and women's rights. I must admit that I'm sort of shocked to see you of all people saying that any woman "should be at home taking care of her baby".

She has a special needs newborn. The last thing a newborn needs is being exposed to all the germs at a national convention, from being handed off, and poked and prodded, and kissed. The child was her choice to have, she knew she was having a special needs child. She needs to own up to that responsiblity and take care of it. Not hand it off to her young daughters one who is now pregnant with her own choice.

"I don't think you are being thorough in defending your position when you fire vague shots at one candidate, yet simply refer me to a website when I question yours...and refer me to still more websites for everything else. I understand you are a busy woman, but I think that you should be able to state your own reasons and defend your own position with your own words and simply cite the website as your source instead of leaving it up to the reader to research your opinions for you."

There are 5 pages in this thread. I have stated and defended myself a few times. I listed the links as additional sources.

"Back to the oil, it's known that Alaska has large enough oil deposits to supply the nation for several decades without the need to rely on outside sources"

Thats not true. Look over the first link from the governments own people.

He's not my horse, just the best one for this ride.

Morgan

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.