Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#11110 - 08/30/08 05:34 PM Lisa Williams, life among the dead
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
I was wondering what others thought of this woman.

I don't usually go in for this type of thing. I've only ever seen one thing that I can't explain, so I don't feel I 'see' ghosts or anything. Yet on the other hand there are times when I 'know' things. I've always put this down to being able to read people well.

This Lisa Williams though, really makes me wonder? Is she really getting the energy of the dead? Or does she just read people really well.

I know it's very hard to judge or beleive that she's never met these people before (although alot of their reactions are real and don't look faked), or learnt anything about them, but she's straight to the point.

And it's not like she has standard leading questions.

Sure, she does make some leading statements, but they are usually spot on, to the point that she'll pull names out of the air.

I'd be interested to hear what some of you others think?

She is certainly the only medium/clarvoyant I've ever seen that makes me wonder????????????

So if not getting the energy from the dead, is she getting the energy from the person in front of her.

What is easier to believe, mind reading or speaking to ghosts? LOL

Zeph

#11342 - 09/10/08 08:42 AM Re: Lisa Williams, life among the dead [Re: ZephyrGirl]
doni Offline
lurker

Loc: indonesia
hi lisa,.... i am the new comer one and would like join in your community. Obviously very fantastic to your community philosopy and does it matter everything is realize and no found any dreaming in this life with out any action. this community philosophy is great to give enjoying they are friend and ones each other burdant to be all burdant too. it ok to my prinsip. Enjoying and kindness join and chit chat with your.

#11346 - 09/10/08 10:04 AM Re: Lisa Williams, life among the dead [Re: doni]
Impius Offline
pledge

Loc: Lille, France
Damn, I didn't understand a single word of it... my bad ?

#11357 - 09/10/08 03:19 PM Re: Lisa Williams, life among the dead [Re: Impius]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Impius

From who? Zephyr or Doni?

@ doni, spellcheck please and it would be nice if you introduce yourself first at the right board.

@ zephyr; I'm a bit to down to earth to believe people have contact with "ghosts" or other unknown entities on television. The first thing that goes trough my mind is "acting". I should see her myself talking to such a spirit. I'm not a very great fan of television, those are recorded images and can easily be edited or changed without you knowing it. Escpecially programs with psychists claming to contact ghosts I have serious doubts about it. It is easy to contact a skilled unknown actor and to act as if...

Edited by Dimitri (09/10/08 03:23 PM)

#11363 - 09/10/08 06:41 PM Re: Lisa Williams, life among the dead [Re: doni]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Either this post was meant to be clever and sarcastic, in which case it missed the mark by a long way, or you are terribly confused about who and what was the person behind this thread and what it meant.

Zeph

#11364 - 09/10/08 06:48 PM Re: Lisa Williams, life among the dead [Re: Dimitri]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Dimitri,

You seem to have decided to become somewhat of a net nanny and tell people where and when they should do what.
Why is that? It really isn't neccesary. You don't have to introduce yourself at all here if you don't want, however, I tend to think that maybe our 'friend' from Indonesia can't actually understand english well enough to get this board at all and just saw a name and assumed it was an introduction.

As for your comments, you should at least have watched the show before you comment. Have you seen the show? Or are you just making assumptions and generalizations?

Because if you haven't then what are you actually responding for, or was it just to tell off someone and you added in a bit of a comment on topic to justify your presence in this post.

Zeph

#11368 - 09/10/08 07:41 PM Re: Lisa Williams, life among the dead [Re: Dimitri]
Impius Offline
pledge

Loc: Lille, France
 Originally Posted By: Dimitri
 Originally Posted By: Impius

From who? Zephyr or Doni?

Doni, and as I can see, you're in the same case \:D

BTW, you're the first one here to talk to me (I registered two days ago), thank you xD Just kidding, I'm not that pathetic ;\)

#11376 - 09/10/08 10:07 PM Re: Lisa Williams, life among the dead [Re: ZephyrGirl]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Couldn't agree more. I think we moderators , administrators , and familiars , pretty much have this under control without someone that has been a member here less than 90 days dictating how the threads should be run. Please refrain from further policing of the threads, or you will be given a time out.

#11399 - 09/11/08 12:48 PM Re: Lisa Williams, life among the dead [Re: fakepropht]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
You seem to have decided to become somewhat of a net nanny and tell people where and when they should do what.

If you have a problem with it, fine then i'll quit doing it.

Btw; is there something wrong with my response I posted or what? I can say my opinion right? Even if it is generalized and compaired with other things I know. I really see no problem about that part.

Also to me it would be easier if you posted a link or something so at least I have an idea who she is and see her "talking". You know, we aren't all americans with the same television channels...

Edited by Dimitri (09/11/08 01:32 PM)

#11401 - 09/11/08 03:02 PM Re: Lisa Williams, life among the dead [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I didn't find an episode of the show but checked a bit around on the web and in my opinion, she's just the next cold reader having her 15 minutes of fame.

No ghosts, no mind reading, just plain old cold reading.

I wouldn't really take a tv show as an example of proof. Hell, you can make dinosaurs walk around on television, so how hard is it to cut, paste and edit and in the end appear to be a convincing medium?

D.

#11434 - 09/12/08 06:43 PM Re: Lisa Williams, life among the dead [Re: Diavolo]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Yep.

Her act can be pulled off by any good carney with a crystal ball.

#11436 - 09/12/08 09:15 PM Re: Lisa Williams, life among the dead [Re: Fist]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Quote:
You know, we aren't all americans with the same television channels...

quite right, I'm an Australian, so I didn't expect you to have the same channels you know.

#11437 - 09/12/08 10:11 PM Re: Lisa Williams, life among the dead [Re: Dimitri]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
 Quote:
Also to me it would be easier if you posted a link or something so at least I have an idea who she is and see her "talking". You know, we aren't all americans with the same television channels...

But I'm quite sure you have heard of a little thing called Youtube. Or perhaps google? Just a couple of keystrokes turned up several vidoes.

#11442 - 09/13/08 04:58 AM Re: Lisa Williams, life among the dead [Re: fakepropht]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Quote:
No ghosts, no mind reading, just plain old cold reading.

I wouldn't really take a tv show as an example of proof. Hell, you can make dinosaurs walk around on television, so how hard is it to cut, paste and edit and in the end appear to be a convincing medium?

Quite right, which is why I was interested to see what others thought. I think she's cold reading as well, but damn, she's the best I've ever seen at it.

As someone that has never lost an immediate friend or family member, it's not something I 'want' or 'need' to believe. However as someone that is going to die in the next decade max, I'd love to be able to still haunt my kids and even this forum. ;\)

Sure, lets face it, if you visit someone like that, then chances are you have someone you lost that you miss. So she's got to have high chances if she says things like, your Mum, your Grandmother etc wants to talk to you and yes, editing is an amazing thing.

I do also beleive though, that people like this beleive it themselves though. My sister is very into this stuff, and I know that she believes it herself. She doesn't do it to fool others. I mean, I still don't believe it, and I enjoy teasing her about it, but often, she's right about things with me, that she couldn't have known about.

Anyway, I like this Lisa womens energy. Much more friendly and interesting than the usual crop of tv mediums. And the hairdo, all that blonde to let in the spriits. LOL

Zeph

Disclaimer: This thread is not me being gullible and believing in ghosts. I'm still a sceptic. ;\)

#11443 - 09/13/08 06:09 AM Re: Lisa Williams, life among the dead [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
But I'm quite sure you have heard of a little thing called Youtube. Or perhaps google? Just a couple of keystrokes turned up several vidoes.

Got a point there, but if she chooses one I believe it would be a good example and not randomly chosen. You know, it helps quite a bit to see her point ;\)

But how whe tells it, it lets me think about an American show they give here on television called "America's psychists challenge". About mediums who get several hints from ghosts etc who tell them things to accomplish the challenge. Like guessing what happened at a murder scene, etc..

Edited by Dimitri (09/13/08 06:12 AM)

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.