Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#11111 - 08/30/08 06:54 PM Joel's Army: Xtian Dominionism At Its Finest
Equilibrio Offline
pledge

Loc: Missouri
 Quote:
Joel's Army is prophesied to become an Armageddon-ready military force of young people with a divine mandate to physically impose Christian "dominion" on non-believers.

Article here.

Man, this almost takes me back to the 80's. This groups "leader", Todd Bentley, is a heavily tattooed and pierced revivalist from Canada. Unfortunately for him, his apocalyptic dreams may not come to fruition as his credibility among his ranks of sheep may be undermined by the fact that he is divorcing his wife.

Gotta love those Christian priorities...

#11114 - 08/31/08 12:11 AM Re: Joel's Army: Xtian Dominionism At Its Finest [Re: Equilibrio]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I'd rather say "worst". Any Christian wanting to look reputable wouldn't touch this lunatic with a ten foot pole. Even most dominionists, who would much rather feel safer preaching self-righteous politics in their neat little churches wearing their expensive pressed suits.

It does, however, show what insanity dominionism really is. When they lose enough political credibility, it's only expected that more people would resort to extremist camps like this.

According to him, the legalization of abortion in America is the monumental event that marked the onset of the apocalypse.... Wow, all the wars, global conflagration, environmental destruction, and genocide going on in the world and that's the best he could come up with? America is not the freakin' center of the world.

Nero Caesar, Islam, the Pope, Protestantism, Napoleon, Hitler, Communism, the American NWO.... how many Antichrists do we have to go through before they get it through their heads that the apocalypse isn't coming any time soon?

But then again, everyone has always thought that the end of the world was right around the corner. Only to be expected from mankind.

Edited by The Zebu (08/31/08 12:12 AM)

#11116 - 08/31/08 12:21 AM Re: Joel's Army: Xtian Dominionism At Its Finest [Re: The Zebu]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I just wish the xitan church would be honest.
The reason they dont want abortion is, they dont want some young girl to abort the next jesus christ.
Thats it.

Enough people walk the street hearing voices, and claim god talks to them. Some preach on trains, some in offices, some in big tents. The end of the world has been coming for hundreds if not thousands of years. So what?

Live a life thats good inside to yourself and just be happy.

I dont understand why people have to live a life of fear, and comfort in misery being afraid of who they might offend or sin they might do. I dont force my beliefs on anyone why do some people feel that god gives them the right to force themselves on others. How do they know its really god, and not a chemical inbalance?

Morgan

#11121 - 08/31/08 12:56 AM Re: Joel's Army: Xtian Dominionism At Its Finest [Re: Morgan]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Yes, I agree. I talk to my Christian friend about this. How does she know that it is God she is feeling and not just her sub-conscious?

I won't even go into the chemical imbalance. You're right on.

Zeph

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.