Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#113229 - 06/15/17 05:40 PM Re: Varg Vikernes on MGTOW and Feminism. [Re: SIN3]
CCB Offline
stranger

Loc: United States
 Quote:
Doesn't seem to matter what desires are in place.

If for example you have a desire not to be responsible, not to have sex, directly not to have children, a hatred for humanity, a dislike for hospitals, a solitary nature, etc., then breeding becomes a more taxing task than if you enjoy it and the things that it entails. It's more of a challenge not to breed than breed if you are less equipped in faculties and inclination toward not reproducing than you are to reproducing, and vice versa. As for what the consensus is, I'd say it is harder for most people to abstain from breeding (especially if we take rearing out of the equation), being part of natural human instinct and all.

Quote:
And realizing you've made a grave error in favor of feels isn't?

Not everyone was a mistake, sin.

#113232 - 06/16/17 10:16 AM Re: Varg Vikernes on MGTOW and Feminism. [Re: CCB]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
I didn't say they were. What I'm saying is, even when you are aware that you have limited resources (and limited ability to attain them) people still have kids they can't take care of. This is why neglect and abuse is so rampant the world over. It's not just a financial burden, it can be an emotional one also.

One can desire to become a doctor one day then in a moment of weakness, that entire plan is wrenched by a failure to plan.

Planned Parenthood is an agency (among others) that seeks to provide access to things like birth control and management of StdS. The hope was that if you help people plan their families (if they want one at all) then people may be more inclined to wait until they are able.

For those people that lack a desire to breed, doesn't mean it won't occur by error. The decision to keep or abort is an after thought. Wouldn't be an issue if that mistake wasn't made in the first place eh?

#113233 - 06/16/17 04:48 PM Re: Varg Vikernes on MGTOW and Feminism. [Re: SIN3]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
 Quote:
I'd say it's more of a challenge *not* to breed than breed. Breeding is easy, you don't have to do shit but throw caution to the wind at the right time.

Breeding is indeed easy but raising kids is not such a small challenge. Not having kids is actually an easier road. You have more freedom and less obligations. Life is also less costly if you live alone. Children are quite a financial and emotional burden so no wonder that many people fail to meet the challenge. It all comes down to knowing your limits but also your preferences. Some people can't afford having children, others simply don't want them.

I don't think choosing not to have kids is a challenge, I even daresay that in your late 30s sexual abstinence isn't an issue. A sexual instinct is strongest between 17 and 30. It's the time when most people end up setting up families. When you're over 30, it gets weaker as years pass by. It's as if nature gave you up, which is only convenient. Bleh.

Edited by Czereda (06/16/17 04:51 PM)

#113239 - 06/16/17 08:16 PM Re: Varg Vikernes on MGTOW and Feminism. [Re: Czereda]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
 Originally Posted By: SIN
Wouldn't be an issue if that mistake wasn't made in the first place eh?

True, but as you said, you can plan and sometimes things get fucked anyway. Its a matter of learning and application, but as you say, people are set in their ways. Honestly, I don't know if better sex ed would change that or not. It certainly could be implied better here in the U.S.

Originally Posted By: Czereda
I don't think choosing not to have kids is a challenge, I even daresay that in your late 30s sexual abstinence isn't an issue.

I have to disagree. I don't know exactly, but a lot of men maybe have a hard time pulling out, and or women lie about using the pill. In either case, humans have a powerful sex drive. I don't know about women, but in men the drive is impossible to ignore in your twenties. If you can get it, you take it. I've always been cautious. When I was younger in college I had encounters with women who cheated, or were attempting to. I don't like STDs so I broke up with them because they also lied about taking the pill to.

*I didn't hate them or get mad at them for doing it, in fact I just saw them as young women who lacked logic over sex drive. Creatures who are engaging in an instinctual mate selection process. This is common in young men to. I just realized I couldn't trust a lot of women, because they were all doing the same thing.

I got out clean, and I think it is because I thought with my brain instead of my dick. But a lot of guys think once they've scored some they have to keep it, or starve again. I don't see it that way. I certainly won't settle for anything less than a healthy woman.

I wouldn't say nature gives up on you, its just another phase. You get through it, you get time to focus on other pleasures. A lot of young adults think if they don't have a partner, they are losing out. Its the sex drive. Mine isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but it is nice not to have a hard on 24/7. Most men won't admit it but it does get annoying. Now in my 30s, I'm glad who I am, what I do. I still enjoy women but its not the center of everything for me.

Edited by Creatura Noptii (06/16/17 08:24 PM)
Edit Reason: *

#113247 - 06/19/17 10:47 AM Re: Varg Vikernes on MGTOW and Feminism. [Re: Creatura Noptii]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: CN
I don't know if better sex ed would change that or not. It certainly could be implied better here in the U.S.

Having an education doesn't make people smarter. You can be the most educated and still act ignorant. Sex Ed was part of the curriculum in my education career, doesn't mean a certain sort won't ignore it wholesale. Including but not limited to contracting STDs and the 'accidental pregnancy'. This was during the peak AIDS scare mind you. A dozen or more classmates are dead.

So I'd say, No - it doesn't improve decision making. It's so much easier to throw caution to the wind. People risk their lives with such ease, you wonder what incentive could be offered to change it.

#113262 - 06/20/17 03:07 AM Re: Varg Vikernes on MGTOW and Feminism. [Re: SIN3]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
It is often the case. People seldom change until a new experience presents reason to. Here is an article that links to a PBS report on some key notes. Better yet is this PDF showing the differences.

I agree, one can read of the world and know nothing. It has been mentioned in other topics, the difference between watching Kung Fu and doing it. Here the same applies. I believe it likely has more to do with culture than classroom, though I am sure the later has its effect.

In my experience, abstinence is just another tool to indulge self-preservation, but only gets you so much out of life. Often, the only way to is through.

Edited by Creatura Noptii (06/20/17 03:41 AM)

#113282 - 06/22/17 03:33 PM Re: Varg Vikernes on MGTOW and Feminism. [Re: SIN3]
CCB Offline
stranger

Loc: United States
 Quote:
What I'm saying is, even when you are aware that you have limited resources (and limited ability to attain them) people still have kids they can't take care of. This is why neglect and abuse is so rampant the world over. It's not just a financial burden, it can be an emotional one also.

Doesn't show that having kids was an easier choice, just that you can make the choice in a less materially burdensome way than some people do, I.e by not taking care of your offspring. Not that this is overall an easier choice for everyone to make. For some it may be incredibly distressing given their emotional or moral attitudes.

#113292 - 06/23/17 11:57 AM Re: Varg Vikernes on MGTOW and Feminism. [Re: CCB]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

I think conscious abandon removes the element of choice. At least in part. If you show a blatant disregard for contraception, the easy part is done. What people grapple with, is what to do next. Keep it, abort it, or adopt it out.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.