Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#111507 - 02/25/17 11:30 AM What Satan is to me (an interpretation).
Sargeist Offline

Loc: Chile
It is indeed the Devil that makes the alcoholic reach for another glass of whisky.

It is indeed the Devil who pushes the heroin-filled syringe into the junky's vein.

It is indeed the Devil who makes the sjw fight for human rights so they can be taken care of by the nanny state.

These are just some examples of the ways Satan deals with those whose existence is worthless, the mundane.

Why does he do this? Because might is right, and as there are a strong and weak cosmic elements, strong humans impose their will on the weak. As above, so below.

Nature is an expression of the satanic, we like to pretend we are above nature; yet the further we try to get away from it the less control we have on the beast within.

-------------------

So that's what I got so far. Thoughts? Are there any incoherences?

Edited by Sargeist (02/25/17 11:32 AM)

#111509 - 02/25/17 12:08 PM Re: What Satan is to me (an interpretation). [Re: Sargeist]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Interesting. Reading the first few lines, I was thinking "Oh Goat, he's making some kind of a Holier then thou post about the evils of Satanism, but reading to the end, I see your point, that hasn't occurred to me quite the way you put it. Something to seriously think about as I sit here using the crutch of a cigarette.

#111516 - 02/26/17 12:20 PM Re: What Satan is to me (an interpretation). [Re: Asmedious]
yawweez Offline
lurker

Loc: Ghana
Satanism is a act and is in every humans,it show when one decide to demonstrate it.
#111517 - 02/26/17 07:02 PM Re: What Satan is to me (an interpretation). [Re: Asmedious]
Sargeist Offline

The last part I came up with as I was writing this, but the idea represented on the first three sentences manifested itself in September on a trip to the coast. I didn't post it at the time since I felt it was incomplete and posting half-baked ideas wouldn't do justice to this place.

#111543 - 03/01/17 10:00 AM Re: What Satan is to me (an interpretation). [Re: Sargeist]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: Sarge
the less control we have on the beast within.

And that beast requires exercise, not an exorcism.

You could spend your days treating your body like a holy temple, get hit by a car and die tomorrow; having not lived a day of it.

It is indeed the Devil that takes the drink, and does the heroine and takes a piss on SJW's wearing the Devil's mask.

#111550 - 03/01/17 07:40 PM Re: What Satan is to me (an interpretation). [Re: Sargeist]
CanisMachina42 Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
 Quote:
Nature is an expression of the satanic, we like to pretend we are above nature; yet the further we try to get away from it the less control we have on the beast within.

This only hits on the first phase, destruction.

Here's my problem with that; it blurs the line between excuse and cause. The latter becomes the former and detracts from the cycle. 

Pointing to an intangible thing is no different then the alcoholic that reaches for that glass and calls it a disease they can't control.

It is a combined effect of behavior, how that behavior is viewed, and how it unconsciously shapes decisions.

Will to power vs. self fulfilling prophecy.

Quote:
Why does he do this?

Thou shalt not anthropomorphise Satan.

Satan is a forest fire. The generator of death and life, in that order. If you can't put down the glass,  socialize with strangers, or make the world a PC utopia, then the fire has consumed you. It's transitive ass won.

Only strength and exposure to the flame will let you see the new growth after the blaze... if you make it that far.

#111580 - 03/03/17 10:44 AM Re: What Satan is to me (an interpretation). [Re: SIN3]
Sargeist Offline

Originally Posted By: SIN3

And that beast requires exercise, not an exorcism.

I've tried different approaches: Beast unleashed, beast on a leash and beast on a cage. Guess which one worked out best.

Originally Posted By: CanisMachina42

This only hits on the first phase, destruction.

Here's my problem with that; it blurs the line between excuse and cause. The latter becomes the former and detracts from the cycle. 

Pointing to an intangible thing is no different then the alcoholic that reaches for that glass and calls it a disease they can't control.

It is a combined effect of behavior, how that behavior is viewed, and how it unconsciously shapes decisions.

Will to power vs. self fulfilling prophecy.

We all know the story: Mommy drinks a bit too much during pregnancy and the baby grows up to be a hopeless alcoholic. But is everyone affected the same by their environment? What about rich kids who have everything they want and nonetheless become useless junkies? What operated there?

There are three kinds of people in this world: Those who are a waste of flesh, those who are basically drones ready to be used and those who do the using. I speak of Satan because life itself is cruel and I can see His hand guiding these three kind of people into their roles in life. There are those who think there's a "divine" order to which we all must submit yet the empirical evidence shows that only those who dare get what they want.

Satan burns us all, eventually revealing what's underneath the layers of self-deceit.

#111586 - 03/03/17 11:20 AM Re: What Satan is to me (an interpretation). [Re: Sargeist]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: Sarge
I've tried different approaches: Beast unleashed, beast on a leash and beast on a cage. Guess which one worked out best.

While living with your family, right? What do you imagine complete liberation to be like? There's a difference between managing impulses and compulsions .

Quote:
Mommy drinks a bit too much during pregnancy and the baby grows up to be a hopeless alcoholic.

^ This as an example. Did you think that out before typing it?

#111595 - 03/03/17 05:04 PM Re: What Satan is to me (an interpretation). [Re: SIN3]
Sargeist Offline

Originally Posted By: SIN3

While living with your family, right? What do you imagine complete liberation to be like? There's a difference between managing impulses and compulsions

I figure I still have a couple years before moving out. By then I'll be able to indulge in carnal pleasures every once in a while; however, surviving in independence will take priority.

I won't pretend to be someone in full control of his impulses and compulsions, all I can tell is that so far they haven't interferred with my academic goals.

The example about alcohol was a poor one, I could swear I read or heard something related to that a long time ago. The point I was making is that there's only so much effect the environment has on one. You can be a rich kid who takes everything for granted and not work a single day of your life or a poor kid who manages to aqcuire wealth through wit and hard work.

Can genetics really tell one's true nature? If not, then what does?

Edited by Sargeist (03/03/17 05:05 PM)

#111600 - 03/03/17 09:02 PM Re: What Satan is to me (an interpretation). [Re: Sargeist]
fiendish Offline

Complete liberation is my mission. If you come to think of it, here is the devil, doing exactly what you fucking want. Carnal pleasures, safety measures, it has mainly to do with ones wish. It has mainly got to do with what you are.

#111602 - 03/03/17 10:25 PM Re: What Satan is to me (an interpretation). [Re: Sargeist]
CanisMachina42 Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
 Quote:
Mommy drinks a bit too much during pregnancy and the baby grows up to be a hopeless alcoholic. But is everyone affected the same by their environment? What about rich kids who have everything they want and nonetheless become useless junkies? What operated there?

Entitlment. Vanity. Diet. In my hometown the most heroin addicted high school was the rich kid school. Daddy bought them a BMW, but heroin made them skinny and sexy... They weren't addicts though, they were "recreational users".  One might point to the upper class environment and denial/obliviousness among the parents as the shelter against the "problems of the poor".

Quote:

Satan burns us all, eventually revealing what's underneath the layers of self-deceit.

We are actually somewhat in agreement here. Though I like to call it "life". The masks that get ripped off by adversity are usually a product of denial/rationalization. Persona vs. Shadow. It's a mechanism of both separation and convergence.

The cartoon trope of the cobblestone path vs. The creepy woods comes to mind.

#111605 - 03/04/17 02:32 AM Re: What Satan is to me (an interpretation). [Re: Sargeist]
Dark Magician Offline

Metaphysical confusion undermines the clarity required here: how can “Satan” compel anyone to do anything?

How can we pretend to be above some-thing called “nature” – this thing called nature has never existed for human beings in a truly pure way: it has only ever been perceived and examined through the lens of some other thing called “culture.”

A pure nature is “in-itself” un-verifiable and in-describable.

Social Darwinian themes don’t necessarily dominate the philosophical and political landscape in our western societies and exclude the power of every other type of discourse. If those themes did dominate exclusively then, how would any so-called mundane continue to proliferate and survive at all?

And honestly: how do you determine strength? I have met plenty of will-full people who have achieved little in the way of tangible success. Or did they?

This beast within is so constructed and saturated by language/culture – how on earth could you ever discern its true “nature?” How can you read it through your actions?

I like to fuck, but I am a most particular fetishist – does this make sense?

#111611 - 03/04/17 03:20 PM Re: What Satan is to me (an interpretation). [Re: Dark Magician]
samowens84 Offline
pledge

My personal understanding of "social darwinism" within my own interpretation of Satanism is that it is about who I feel benefits me and deserves my help, and as a motivator for being responsible for my own actions, because if I don't then nature will select against me.

I'm largely apathetic about what that means for other people, and I think that's the problem with externalizing Satan to some external motivating for other people.

Watching how other people don't make it is a convenient and justifying method for ignoring ones own shortcomings, which to me would amount to an odd "satanic" version of the self righteous trap that allows many Christians to not take responsibility for themselves by self-righteously pointing at the "other."

In my own reality my only concern is how the archetype is a motivating force for me, not others. If the world is indifferent to whether I live or die, then the onus is on me whether that indifference helps or hinders me.

Edited by samowens84 (03/04/17 03:20 PM)

#111612 - 03/04/17 03:30 PM Re: What Satan is to me (an interpretation). [Re: samowens84]
Oxus Offline

I've posted this before, but why not get a few chortles out of everyone?

Who the Hell is Satan?

Here's my understanding of this "Old Enemy" as the literary scholar Neil Forsyth coined and what I consider to be the foundation of what is called Satanism.

Satan has always existed, only under other names and guises, Satan is a powerful and primordial archetype of man's psyche . . . a meme, or what some may now call a "Godform", I think the Magus of Chaos, Peter Carroll uses that term?

This archetype is the reflection of how we perceive ourselves in relation to what we call the "others". Satan is a social and cultural phenomenon as old as the mind of humanity itself. There has always and will always, be essentially two worldviews consisting of oppositions and they are "Us & Them" or "Me" and "the rest of you" . . . etc.

Sumerian and Akkadian tablets concur this worldview from the earliest known writings, the ancient Egyptian word for an Egyptian meant "human", which excluded all who were not Egyptian to be relegated to 'non-human', the Greek word for non-Greeks was "barbaroi" (barbarians). The Jewish Essenes called anyone not an Essene "ha satan" (the adversary), Zoroastrianism set forth the dualistic "good" (what we believe in) and "evil" (what they believe in).

"A society does not simply discover its others, it fabricates them, by selecting, isolating, and emphasizing as aspect of another people's life, and making it symbolize their difference" - William Scott Green (Professor of the history of religion - ancient Judaism, biblical studies, and the theory of religion).

So, who/what is this Satan? He simply is who you are not!

#111613 - 03/04/17 04:57 PM Re: What Satan is to me (an interpretation). [Re: Oxus]
samowens84 Offline
pledge

This topic reminds me of Scarface. "You people are fucking asshole man. You know why? Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me...so you can point your fucking fingers, and say 'that's the bad guy.' So? What that make you? Good? You're not good. You know how to hide, how to lie."

Fun, fun. lol

Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.