Page 6 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#111876 - 03/19/17 02:23 AM Re: Another one of my Idols . . . [Re: Oxus]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
So, the LHP of the west has nothing to flow against, nothing to be heterodox to.

Ok

Yet at the same time you say it is antinomian, which requires of course, a Nomos to run counter to.

But the eastern LHP's relies on spirituality to counter, yet the western doesn't.

Ok.

So you have confused the form with the substance, which is what everyone has been telling you since page one. The substance, the method, the doing, is exactly the same.

To be heterodox to, or antinomian of a system remains the same regardless of what the predominant beliefs are, it doesn't matter if the 'master' comes in the form of some invisible bogeyman or if it comes in the form of arbitrary laws and customs, as they both are the same - the laws and customs of men.

It doesn't matter what those laws and customs are, or where they come from - as they are only really relevant to the one DOING.

Your divide remains unmeaningful. The path is the path.

#111880 - 03/19/17 09:32 AM Re: Another one of my Idols . . . [Re: Dan_Dread]
Oxus Offline

While it is true that both heterodoxy and antinomianism bounce off of something, that's where it ends however. The heterodoxy of the eastern paths seeks separation in order to experience the Divine better. Antinomianism is Jungian individuation, it seeks separation in order to experience one's Self better.

The so-called left handed goals of the east are different than that of the west. Shaivism is not Satanism nor is it Luciferianism, Setian or a Niner philosophy. Are you trying to experience some lord Satan better or are you trying to experience the better you?

On a last note here; I see the word 'nomian' used a lot. The word anti-nomian although developed and used to pit one against Christian religious authority is probably the original meaning, however it has evolved into newer and less restrictive meanings. I am certainly not using it to bounce off of Christianity.

#111884 - 03/19/17 01:50 PM Re: Another one of my Idols . . . [Re: Oxus]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

You can use a hammer to build a house. You can use a hammer to build a cabinet.

The very same hammer.

#111888 - 03/19/17 04:22 PM Re: Another one of my Idols . . . [Re: Dan_Dread]
Oxus Offline

That makes no sense. How is separating your self from religious doctrine in order to experience the divine the same as separating your Self from your pathetic self through individuation?
#111891 - 03/19/17 07:44 PM Re: Another one of my Idols . . . [Re: Oxus]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Religious doctrine only has power over you if you internalize it. It's the same thing. 'Other' is 'Other'. You are focussed on the bottle.

#111900 - 03/20/17 11:52 AM Re: Another one of my Idols . . . [Re: Oxus]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
Having read your new replies. It's obvious you have cognitive dissonance. You have invested so much in your beliefs that you can't wrap your head around this subject.

Instead of taking a few days to organize a reply, (in what you believe is a well thought out response) may I suggest doing actual research into how the East applies it?

You're missing the mark here. Clue 1: It doesn't have shit to do with LaVey or how he mediates it for mass consumption using contextual concepts.

#111902 - 03/20/17 12:00 PM Re: Another one of my Idols . . . [Re: SIN3]
Oxus Offline

Then please correct me in your perceived understanding of my misunderstanding of the Eastern LHP. For once I'd like to hear something from you other than what you believe are the faults of another.

At least Dan Dread is making an effort to either see where I'm coming from or to correct me as he sees fit.

Edited by Oxus (03/20/17 12:01 PM)

#111904 - 03/20/17 12:11 PM Re: Another one of my Idols . . . [Re: Oxus]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Quote:
For once I'd like to hear something from you other than what you believe are the faults of another.

I'm not playing ring around the rosie with you Ox, I've posted plenty to break it down in the simplest of terms. I've even included archive topics. This is why I can only conclude that you have cognitive dissonance. Which is just a way to describe the investment into your beliefs, that you reject all contrary information.

#111906 - 03/20/17 04:06 PM Re: Another one of my Idols . . . [Re: SIN3]
Oxus Offline

Then I can safely assume that some of you here are nothing more than Shaivites in Devil costumes? That you are simply rebelling against a belief system (Christianity) and by doing so are only giving credibility to that belief system as well as enabling that system to define your 'Satanism'. There is no individuality involved or uniqueness because of your relinquishing of power to another system of belief. Your Satanism only exists because the Church allows it to. Sad . . .
#111907 - 03/20/17 04:25 PM Re: Another one of my Idols . . . [Re: Oxus]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

There is a small discernable difference between "E-LHP" and "W-LHP".

The "Eastern school" has a more "RHP"-orientated mindset wherein the heterodox lifestyle is validated by "celebrating that all is carrying divinity and must be respected as such".
It carries out antinomian and heterodox practices under this guise.

The "Western school" holds the attitude nothing is holy and nothing can be truly considered as "sinful". In here, heterodoxy and antinomian behavior is being carried out as it is understood for being "just another choice that can be opted for".

Both "schools" are LHP in that they perform, indulge and offer the choice of going against the established "norm". There's no need to differentiate between "Western" and "Eastern" as they both strive and stand for heterodoxy as an equally valid choice.

The "initial mindsets" may differ. But the underlying red line remains the same.

#111908 - 03/20/17 04:26 PM Re: Another one of my Idols . . . [Re: Oxus]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

I personally have never had the Christian indoctrination treatment, so that was never my chain to break.

However, that doesn't mean I am immune to cultural spillover, as nobody is. We are literally sauteed in it from birth.

#111909 - 03/20/17 05:31 PM Re: Another one of my Idols . . . [Re: Dimitri]
Oxus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
There is a small discernable difference between "E-LHP" and "W-LHP".
then you at least agree there exists a definitive difference!

Quote:
The "Eastern school" has a more "RHP"-orientated mindset wherein the heterodox lifestyle is validated by "celebrating that all is carrying divinity and must be respected as such".
It carries out antinomian and heterodox practices under this guise.

The "Western school" holds the attitude nothing is holy and nothing can be truly considered as "sinful". In here, heterodoxy and antinomian behavior is being carried out as it is understood for being "just another choice that can be opted for".

Both "schools" are LHP in that they perform, indulge and offer the choice of going against the established "norm". There's no need to differentiate between "Western" and "Eastern" as they both strive and stand for heterodoxy as an equally valid choice.

The "initial mindsets" may differ. But the underlying red line remains the same.

The CoS is a good example of a heterodoxy approach, the church defined their Satanism, it was the church that needed to be separated from by going against their tenets. This is similar if not exactly what the eastern LHP's do. That is heterodoxy and what vamachara, shaivism, and tantra is all about. This however is not what it is about in the Western LHP's, which is the experience of higher Self from lower self through individuation.

On the other hand, antinomianism does not need a belief system to rebel against, what is rebelled against and separated from, is one's lower self in order to experience one's higher Self.

THAT is what I speak of when I use the term Western Left Hand Path.

#111910 - 03/20/17 05:37 PM Re: Another one of my Idols . . . [Re: Dan_Dread]
Oxus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
I personally have never had the Christian indoctrination treatment, so that was never my chain to break.

However, that doesn't mean I am immune to cultural spillover, as nobody is. We are literally sauteed in it from birth.
i hear that, and maybe we all begin heterodoxical (is that a word?) in that we need rid ourselves of prior indoctrination, then move into antinomian practices of discovering the true and higher GodSelf, which is the Western approach.

#111912 - 03/20/17 07:13 PM Re: Another one of my Idols . . . [Re: Oxus]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

I still don't see your distinction, but I can only type that so many times I guess.

To be heterodox is to simply be different than the rest, in the form of action it is to do the things that are not-orthdox,with intent.

To be antinomian is to willfully violate the boundaries of Nomos/law/culture, which is to say do the things that are not-orthdox. ;\)

As far as finding some godself, that doesn't even play a part. At least, that is not how I would frame it. It's more, to me, a matter of just maximizing autonomy.

You only shed your mortal coil once, and after that it's too late for further growth or introspection. If a lifetime of trying to become a godform ends one up like Grandpa Munster, I think I'll pass!

#111920 - 03/21/17 02:43 AM Re: Another one of my Idols . . . [Re: Oxus]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: CN
then you at least agree there exists a definitive difference!

There's a small difference.
Compare it like the difference between a chicken's egg and ostrich egg. The concept remains the same, the animal is different.

The difference here is merely culture. The practice and attitude is quite universal.

Originally Posted By: CN
The CoS is a good example of a heterodoxy approach, the church defined their Satanism, it was the church that needed to be separated from by going against their tenets. This is similar if not exactly what the eastern LHP's do. That is heterodoxy and what vamachara, shaivism, and tantra is all about.

Pre-1976 the CoS might have been a good example. Even though white-washing was still going on...
They've copyrighted, and brought into limelight, heterodoxy in the West. Not much more need to be accredited to it.

If I want to be a nit-picker then I'll have to say that anti-nomian behavior is only limited to Christian countries as it literally stands for
 Originally Posted By: Webster
1: one who holds that under the gospel dispensation of grace (see 1grace 1a) the moral law is of no use or obligation because faith alone is necessary to salvation

[2: one who rejects a socially established morality]

What it concerns "The West" and the higher self... that's just bastardization. Remember man is JUST another animal

The higher Self is more a theme for Luciferians and people who want to feel special.

Page 6 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.035 seconds of which 0.005 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.