Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#111696 - 03/09/17 08:43 PM The Dick Pic!
ShadowLover Offline

Loc: Gold Coast, Australia
So one of the phenomena to arise (excuse the pun) from the digital world is the Dick Pic! And frankly, having grown up in a world where you had to leave your photos for days to be processed and then send them by land mail to share them, I'm a little confused.

What is the Dick Pic about, and what is the social protocol when you receive one?

What am I supposed to do when I receive a dick pic? I mean, my standard response these days is to say something like, "Oh, you have a nice cock," and then move into other conversation. When I was younger and sluttier, I might have responded with a tit pic of my own, but that decision would have been based on the quality of the previous conversation and not on the dick pic.

I honestly don't understand what I am supposed to do or think... I mean, what are the men expecting? Sex? Sexting conversation? Or do they just like the fact that you have seen their cock?

Is it an exhibitionist thing, whereby they are getting off knowing that you have seen it. Are they jacking off while imagining you are looking at it?

Is it a more primal thing? Instead of bringing you a warm pelt to impress you, are they sharing a dick pic to display their qualities as a man?

Are they simply testing you, to get a feel for their chances of getting in your pants?

I've wondered if it is a certain type of man that sends a dick pic, but in all honesty, I think it is a really broad range of individuals... so I don't judge them as freaks! I mean everything from the very young to the very old, from weenie to alpha male, from tradie to lawyer... The dick pic doesn't seem to discriminate a whole lot.

Then I wondered if it was me? Is there a certain type of woman that men sends dick pics to? Do I have dick pic victim written across my forehead? Do they instinctively know that I used to be promiscuous, or that I am somewhat gentle and won't be mean?

Or are they testing the waters? How am I supposed to respond? How do women here respond when they receive one? Do they tell the person to fuck off? Does it depends who's sending it? Are they polite? Do they never talk to the man again? Do they just laugh. Do they take it in their stride and move on with the conversation?

And men... W'sup???
What's the significance in sending a dick pic? What are you expecting? Or hoping? Or gauging? Is there a socially appropriate response a woman should give? Do you send them because you can? Why do you send them?

What is the social science behind the Dick Pic?

Edited by ShadowLover (03/09/17 08:44 PM)

#111698 - 03/10/17 08:38 AM Re: The Dick Pic! [Re: ShadowLover]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Nothing too complicated. If you get one, chances are they are hoping for a reply with some n00ds.

#111699 - 03/10/17 09:55 AM Re: The Dick Pic! [Re: ShadowLover]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
 Quote:
What is a dick pic about and what is the social protocol when you receive one?

There is no social protocol. It depends on your taste. If it turns you on or it doesn't bother you, then well... there is nothing inherently wrong in sending someone dick pics. Personally, I think it's pathetic. The dudes who constantly talk about sex online are usually those who can't get laid so they compensate with jerking off to nude pictures or during the cyber sex.

I've never received any dick pics but I had a Facebook buddy who once started phantasizing and talking crap. I went offline and then told him I'm not into that kind of stuff. He apologized and never started it again. Another one was obsessed about golden showers. I tolerated the bullshit for a while because to each their own, but it soon became annoying as the guy had no other interests. I blocked his ass because whatever topic I began discussing with him, he always returned to his favourite one - the pee.

As for sending back tit pics, I would be careful about it. You never know what that other person will do with your private conversations once you piss him off. People often learn the basics of online security the hard way. They delude themselves they are anonymous and then get totally devastated when their precious secrets are leaked.

Edited by Czereda (03/10/17 10:02 AM)

#111702 - 03/10/17 10:34 AM Re: The Dick Pic! [Re: Czereda]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
This whole thread is the reason men send you these pictures, if for nothing more than your silly reaction.

#111713 - 03/10/17 03:58 PM Re: The Dick Pic! [Re: ShadowLover]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: SL
What is the social science behind the Dick Pic?

I get them pretty often. It depends. It could be marketing:

"Hey baby, look at this 9" of meat I got here for you."

As if that's enough. It isn't. Even when setting up a hook up, a nice dick attached to an ugly man isn't hot.

It could be anticipation (having already fucked said dick):

"Hey baby, in like 3 hours I'm ramming this shit in your cunt."

Or this:

Quote:
Is it an exhibitionist thing, whereby they are getting off knowing that you have seen it. Are they jacking off while imagining you are looking at it?

Yes, some men get off by the interaction. If you don't reply, they don't get what they want and move on to someone else on their phone list.

It's really not all that complicated to understand. What I don't get, is why some women demand laws to make it a form of sexual harassment and a punishable offense.

#111732 - 03/10/17 08:06 PM Re: The Dick Pic! [Re: SIN3]
ShadowLover Offline

Originally Posted By: SIN3
As if that's enough. It isn't.

Yeah, I need mental stimulation. I will look at a dick pic a lot longer if I receive it after an interesting conversation.

Originally Posted By: SIN3
What I don't get, is why some women demand laws to make it a form of sexual harassment and a punishable offense

Omg, seriously? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised... I remember a few years back when they were trying to redefine rape to include unrelenting seduction. This would apply if a man hit a woman up for sex and she said, "No," and then the man over the next few hours wore her down and upon hitting her up a second time she said, "Yes," but then regretted it the next day. Ridiculous! Thank fuck it didn't get through... Men would have been afraid to fucking breathe on us lest they be charged.

Dick pics don't offend me. I just take them in my stride and my reaction is really somewhat based on previous interaction (or my mood). I just find human interaction fascinating in general, and Dick pics are a recent adaption made possible by digital technology.

#111739 - 03/11/17 05:45 PM Re: The Dick Pic! [Re: ShadowLover]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
It's a slut filter. 9 out of 10 will block him. The easy girl will keep talking. That way the dick pic guy concentrates his efforts on the easy targets.

#111742 - 03/12/17 01:05 AM Re: The Dick Pic! [Re: XiaoGui17]
2ndHandSatanist Offline
stranger

Loc: CHICAGOOOO
What was it now?

It was your keyboard spewing nonsense.
Beware. Consider yourself warned.

-Woland

Edited by Woland (03/12/17 02:31 PM)

#111743 - 03/12/17 01:26 AM Re: The Dick Pic! [Re: 2ndHandSatanist]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: CA
I hear this type of writing is very therapeutic to adults (or anyone) with repressed trauma. Free form writing I believe it's called. You let it flow, tap "that place", and pretty soon it's all about your step father raping you...
#111744 - 03/12/17 03:16 AM Re: The Dick Pic! [Re: 2ndHandSatanist]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
You're a moron. Just stop.

#111745 - 03/12/17 03:56 AM Re: The Dick Pic! [Re: ShadowLover]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

A mark of territory perhaps?
Kids draw penises on bathroomstalls, walls and bridges.
It's not so much the dick itself but the kick of having it out in public.

Sex and all other stuff are still things considered "taboo" and only practiced behind closed [bedroom]doors (so to speak).

Getting the D-pic is an experience (punpunpun) for the sender. Less so for the receiver.

Generally like a child drawing cock and balls on a bathroom stall. There's nothing much to it.

#111750 - 03/12/17 05:27 PM Re: The Dick Pic! [Re: Dimitri]
ShadowLover Offline

Oh, I never thought of comparing Dick Pics to Dick Art in general... What an interesting way of looking at it.

Brings to mind this little contribution to Penis Culture

Edited by ShadowLover (03/12/17 05:31 PM)

#111756 - 03/13/17 11:13 AM Re: The Dick Pic! [Re: ShadowLover]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
There was a legal case in Georgia that was dismissed LINK

Quote:
While the state has legislation in the works now to ban undesired, salacious, electronic materials, nothing is currently on the books.

This is why people (namely women) were trying to get laws on the books to address the dick pic and other unsolicited 'sexting'.

A woman in LA, just turned the pics into an Art Exhibit.

Queensland does have laws to address it.

Quote:
"Under Australian law, sexual harassment is only unlawful [under the Sex Discrimination Act] in specified areas of public life, so for instance a workplace, an educational institution, or purchasing goods and services," Dr Henry tells ABC News. (The exception is Queensland, where it is unlawful for a person to sexually harass another in any circumstance, not just specific parts of public life.)

"So if you're on a dating site and you receive images that constitute sexual harassment [such as unwanted sexually explicit images], that's not unlawful under Australian law."

Under the Telecommunications Act of 97', more cases are being tried in your country vs. ours. This is why there are so many groups lobbying for new legislation to address it. They see other countries having some success with it, so they want the same treatment here.

#111759 - 03/13/17 12:10 PM Re: The Dick Pic! [Re: SIN3]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
 Quote:
This is why people (namely women) were trying to get laws on the books to address the dick pic and other unsolicited "sexting"

I don't understand the behavior, to be honest. If someone sends you unwanted emails, you can blacklist the sender. On social networks you can block people. You can also ignore the stupid shit altogether and simply not reply.

Edited by Czereda (03/13/17 12:13 PM)

#111761 - 03/13/17 04:00 PM Re: The Dick Pic! [Re: Czereda]
duhsquidbilly Offline
stranger

Loc: CO,USA
Official dicpic protocol is thusly elucidated:

1. If you are sent dicpics you must respond in kind...i.e. with a dicpic of your own you got off the web.
2. You must get naked immediately, and using the skeleton filter, send your future beau a body shot to prove you are healthy enough to breed.
3.Dicpics must always be uploaded to archive.org, with name, telephone number, and address of the fucktard, so competent women can dodge him.
4. After recieving a dicpic dial up the sexual convo. and leave him with a major case of blue balls.
5. Send pictures of random naked women who look nothing alike, tell him they are your own pictures, as you are no catfish.
6. Make outrageous and outlandish claims, demand money, send more random naked lady pics.

On a sidebar, what do you do if a trans send you dicpics? Call him a pussy? tell him to grow some balls? snail mail the real thing? What if the trans used to be a "girl" and sends dicpics?
Chix with Dix?

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.