Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#11205 - 09/04/08 05:47 PM The LaVey Personality Synthesizer?
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
what do you think about this? I don't think I like it. The synthesizer is one dimensional and I don't think people are. I think a person can be none of the things on the clock, or many of the things on the clock simultaneously. And I don't believe that the length of legs and breadth of shoulders has got anything to do with personality.

In short, I think "synthesizer" is a nice word choice here, as it is a tool for you to assign a completely synthetic personality to somebody, with no basis in reality. I believe it's harmful to potentially grosly misjudge someone using this.

But LaVey did say something that caught my eye. He said something to the effect of "You can say this has no scientific basis, but all I know is that it works"

So I want to know if people use this successfully. Is the clock correct? If so, how do you know it's not confirmation bias? Like a numerologist finding their favorite number everywhere they look.

#11206 - 09/04/08 06:05 PM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer? [Re: coelentrate]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Sounds like you have figured out the science behind it quite well...

~T~

#11215 - 09/05/08 03:44 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer? [Re: ta2zz]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

I don't know much about the Laveye personality synthesizer, but I think it might work sometimes. From what I've read here it looks like it is halfly based on body language. From that point of view you might find some details of a person. Not quite sure of it, never tested it.

#11326 - 09/09/08 06:37 PM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer? [Re: ta2zz]
coelentrate Offline

Originally Posted By: ta2zz

Sounds like you have figured out the science behind it quite well...

~T~

My question was about the part that I said I don't know about. What is your personal experience using the personality synthesizer? Do you think it's good, or not? I don't think it can be asked more plainly than that.

#13079 - 10/21/08 10:52 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer? [Re: coelentrate]
James Offline
lurker

I personally find it an interesting if not a concrete guide to personality. I have been accused of brainwashing myself with it but I think the person who accused me of this is threatened by me analysing their behaviour. I know a couple of seriously deluded 12 o'clock females who work very hard at being a woman. Perhaps the only real test of the Synthesizer is if allows you to KNOW YOURSELF. In this sense it has revolutionised my thinking.
#13091 - 10/21/08 12:40 PM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer? [Re: James]
coelentrate Offline

Using this as a tool to find ones-self sounds even worse to me.

Can you be willing to judge yourself, identifing your personality and your personal will based on what LaVey thinks of your shoulder breadth and leg length?

#13800 - 11/03/08 03:45 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer? [Re: coelentrate]
.:Autumn:. Offline
stranger

Loc: Wisconsin
It's really very simple. People aren't as complex as you think they are. Everybody responds either analytically or emotional and they are in turn either dominant or submissive. I think the misconception you are having is because you think the tool shows you what they will do, which it does not, it shows you why they do it. The clock works because you can't escape who you are and you are your own personality. It's a useful tool to type and/or bait somebody for whatever means you have in mind as it will give you a good idea of the kind of reaction you will get to the stimuli you place before them. People may evolve, but human nature will always remain the same.

#17252 - 12/31/08 12:15 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer? [Re: .:Autumn:.]
Chey Offline
Banned
stranger

The personality is something unique located in each soul, even those that are not human.
#17257 - 12/31/08 12:36 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer? [Re: Chey]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
I despise Western philosophy for what they have made personalities including disorders out to be. I used to have many big, thick tomes about the self and personalities, and I through them all away. I'm starting a new collection of books, and they have to do with Satanism as it is a large part of my life. That is the path I chose. But, I like that you believe in a soul, and yours is Evil like mine. Let it stay that way.

May Lucipher rise.

#17261 - 12/31/08 12:45 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer? [Re: paolo sette]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Are you giving each other a hand job? First one to spill the unholy demon seed wins. Will there be a facial involved?

#17263 - 12/31/08 12:47 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer? [Re: fakepropht]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Funny, but I'm not laughing.

#17283 - 12/31/08 03:15 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer? [Re: paolo sette]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: paolo sette
I despise Western philosophy for what they have made personalities including disorders out to be. I used to have many big, thick tomes about the self and personalities, and I through them all away. I'm starting a new collection of books, and they have to do with Satanism as it is a large part of my life. That is the path I chose. But, I like that you believe in a soul, and yours is Evil like mine. Let it stay that way.

May Lucipher rise.

If I may ask, What kind of philosophy do you think Satanism is?
You have the options to choose between: East, North, West and South.
But really is there something wrong within your mind? On one side you despise a god, on the other side you are worshipping a "dark" god. Quite contradicting isn't it if you want to be taken seriously..

#17320 - 12/31/08 09:25 AM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer? [Re: paolo sette]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
What the fuck is with all the stupid christian heretics that think they are Satanists lately? I think you should all fuck off and die with all due haste. There are lots of places on the internet for mediocre dark sheep magical minded theists like you fuckers. Go find them.

#17349 - 12/31/08 02:54 PM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer? [Re: Dan_Dread]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

If you keep getting all irratitated by these people you are only going to shorten your life due to stress. There always have been and indeed always will be people who take an idea and run with it. Even if they don't fully understand it. I do feel your annoyance though. Now that I think about it this is a community of Satanism and the Occult, but it never specifies what "sect" of Satanism.

#17351 - 12/31/08 03:06 PM Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Sect of Satanism?

These are sects of christianity ffs.

Worshiping some imaginary dude from christian mythology has absolutely sweet fuck all to do with Satanism.

Despite what a bunch of angst filled kids with low IQs and myspace pages might try to make you believe,they are completely different thing with very little similarity to each other whatsoever. More accurately, one is the prima ballerina, the other, the retarded ape with cerebral palsy trying to lurch along to 'swan lake'.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.