Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#112065 - 03/30/17 11:17 AM Russia! Russia! Russia!
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
Did anyone else watch the committee meeting on Russian meddling?

LINK to video

They aren't letting this go. They are reaching for shit.

#112067 - 03/30/17 12:28 PM Re: Russia! Russia! Russia! [Re: SIN3]
Megatron Offline

Loc: fuckit, some kid cracked my co...
I'm tired of this trope for one reason: _______________

no spoiler tag.

Everyone that voted did so of their own will, and the collective consequence of that process is President Trump. Nothing else matters at this point. Except literally everything else.

Edited by Megatron (03/30/17 12:29 PM)
Edit Reason: I figured I'd go with a pastel. You know, for Easter.

Oh, and I spell everything right.

#112072 - 03/30/17 04:21 PM Re: Russia! Russia! Russia! [Re: Megatron]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: JK
Except literally everything else.

It's one of those teasing the dog scenarios. The January intelligence reports makes some pretty bold assertions without any real evidence to back it up. The details are everything from a consorted effort to spread fake news, hacking, phishing scams, bloggers, and news agencies propagating it all. As if that's not something that goes on in the U.S. As if it was a calculated measure of influence when the reality is more likely to be gobbeldygook and performed by thousands of people not even working together.

That report was used into today's meeting, and pretty every "Russian Expert" towed the party line of a long history of Russian meddling in world affairs. It's pretty much public theater to convince the public that Russia is enemy #1. Meanwhile, Putin agreed to meet with Trump in the upcoming Arctic Summit. Maybe Russia will wait to take action after that summit, maybe they will sit idle and bide their time. Either way, Russia obsession hasn't lost popularity with the old guard.

Thing to remember also is the waste of tax spending on these meetings, hearings, investigations etc. to find out what? That Podesta was a dolt that fell for a phishing scam? That individuals spread propaganda and rhetoric like the rest of the world does?

The U.S. is outright accusing the Kremlin of the very thing its mouth pieces are doing. For what purpose and to what end? Pretty sure Aquino has been belting out books for the past year on this very thing. Mind games, psychological warfare, etc. and its likelihood of just feeding the war machine.

As for the voting process, Trump is a result of the Electoral College vote. Even if people really believe they played an active role in 'Democracy' they are kidding themselves. They can pic and electorate but that electorate doesn't have to side with the popular vote. Hell, Obama won a term that way and all that hoo-ha died off after a year and he became America's sweet heart.

Just add this to the pot of shit-stew that further weakens the image of the country. Life goes on, same shit with different flies but shit is fascinating to watch.

It's all fun and games until someone declares war.

#112074 - 03/30/17 07:59 PM Re: Russia! Russia! Russia! [Re: SIN3]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Ca
Well can't go after China, now can they?

This administration proved it's role by criticizing the "One China" policy, backpeddling immediately, and becoming "paper tiger".

The Cold War was the pinnacle of good old patriotic values, hard work ethic, and lock step moral superiority. Nothing says America like reliving red scare paranoia. But because you can't admit it's all about Muslims you need too overemphasize a conflict with Russia and reinforce the need for isolationism. This despite that Chinese investment is the strength of the dollar.

It's like Trump called Putin after he won and said, 'member the cold war?

Trump is America's Ayatollah peddling an "old school" Obama-like hope to the lowest common denominator.
11:56 PM July, 1st 2019
Wrote Signature

#112075 - 03/30/17 08:48 PM Re: Russia! Russia! Russia! [Re: CanisMachina42]
ShadowLover Offline

Loc: Gold Coast, Australia
I remember laughing as I reposted that meme that showed the USA red blue voting map, and the key had Liberals and Russian Spies. Countries spy on each other all the time for their own self-preservation - as they should.

But the notion that somehow Russia snuck into people's living rooms and influenced voters was ridiculous. TV influences people for sure. I don't live there but I don't know of any sitcom that depicts Russia being the cool dudes and them cool dudes supporting Trump. There is no Real Housewives of Russia or Modern Russian Families(to my knowledge).

But my favourite Russian story by far was the one where Russia put up cameras in the hotel and filmed Trump coercing prostitutes into pissing on the bed the Obama slept in... and then used the film to blackmail Trump! Genius script but doesn't belong in the news.

Trump is the stone in the left shoe off the NWO. He opposes open borders and doesn't support their climate scare Air Tax agenda... They won't stop ever until there is a tag on his political toe!

#112076 - 03/31/17 03:07 AM Re: Russia! Russia! Russia! [Re: ShadowLover]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Ca
 Originally Posted By: SL
They won't stop ever until there is a tag on his political toe!

If only Trump was the type to fuck around on his wife America could have more impeachment hearings.

Quote:
But the notion that somehow Russia snuck into people's living rooms and influenced voters was ridiculous. TV influences people for sure...

That's not far off, but it's domestic.

Consensus political opinion is like a goldfish brain. It feeds on the flakes sprinkled at the top , swims in circles, and can't recognize its own reflection.

The winning President is always of the party who's policies look better per the prevailing or invented crises.

Being largely desensitized to terrorism and with the economy is good health, all Trump need do is remind the goldfish that the opposition represented that liberal agenda to make America faggot-ass Europe.  He sold himself through outspoken rhetoric and it resonated with the growing anger in that regard.

Obama used this same move to capitalize on a housing crises and sell some of those very same voters "hope". 

In 4 years the goldfish will come full circle and again make decisions like they're judging the character of people on "The Real Housewives".

Good thing there are cultural elites to make sure the real power flows through contracts, kickbacks, lobbying, and venture capital.
11:56 PM July, 1st 2019
Wrote Signature

#112077 - 03/31/17 06:21 AM Re: Russia! Russia! Russia! [Re: SIN3]
Megatron Offline

Originally Posted By: SIN3
As for the voting process, Trump is a result of the Electoral College vote. Even if people really believe they played an active role in 'Democracy' they are kidding themselves. They can pic and electorate but that electorate doesn't have to side with the popular vote.

I know it's an unpopular (pun intended) position, especially currently, but I support the concept of the electoral college. It guarantees that POTUS must have broad voter support, not deep voter support. I still remember the run up to the election in which literally every pundit left, right, and center were arguing that Trump had no "path to 270." Oops.

What it really boils down to, in my opinion, is that the American people are, by and large, fucking idiots. Just look at that lady who credits non-existent "Trumpcare" for saving her son's insurance. It was actually Obamacare, you clueless idiot. I could probably spend all day compiling similar stories. Like those fucking morons who think Michelle Obama is really a man. I'm not going to link that one, it's just that fucking retarded.

At the end of the day, this is still a representative democracy. We're just really good at getting the government we deserve. Not ideal by any means, but the one we deserve. At least collectively, as a pack dominated by stupidity.

#112083 - 03/31/17 10:27 AM Re: Russia! Russia! Russia! [Re: Megatron]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: JK
What it really boils down to, in my opinion, is that the American people are, by and large, fucking idiots.

I also hold this opinion. Especially people in groups. They don't think, they have all their thoughts handed to them.

Today's public opinion polls show that they buy this narrative lock stock and barrel. It was painful to listen to talk radio callers parrot off (nearly verbatim) words from speakers in the committee; as if they were their own. That's what we're working with here in this country.

The bulk of the populace are unintelligible and it wouldn't matter what government was in place. Self-governance isn't even a consideration.

#112175 - 04/06/17 02:06 AM Re: Russia! Russia! Russia! [Re: SIN3]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

If there was Russian influence then it must have been by image-sharing sites as I can only remember "memes" being posted about our good friend Putin.

Shit will probably be dug up. It wil be thinly spread as to give an impression of a far greater complot.

All in all, media was too busy reporting about the shenenigans of the former presidential candidates that I even doubt a "Russian botnet" would have had the impact they wanted it to have.

It reminds me for the demand of electoral re-count. Funny shit happened there. This would probably be on the same terms.

The Cold War never ended. It only became more political.

#112184 - 04/06/17 09:44 AM Re: Russia! Russia! Russia! [Re: Dimitri]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Dimi
The Cold War never ended. It only became more political.

I agree on this point.

There were also meme campaigns to turn Putin into the quintessential example of Man. Plenty of polls were taken to see how Americans felt about the guy. He seems to have a lot of popularity and for the right reasons. There's even action figures now of Putin riding a bear and stuff like that. " GO HARD LIKE PUTIN.

I do think there are admirable qualities he demonstrates in leadership by not folding to the SJW's demands. Especially when it comes to immigration.

Putin: “Russia must not be a country that anyone can enter whenever and however he likes.” “We must create the conditions for immigrants to normally integrate into our society, learn Russian and, of course, respect our culture and traditions and abide by Russian law. In this regard, I believe that the decision to make learning the Russian language compulsory and administer exams is well grounded. To do so, we will need to carry out major organisational work and introduce corresponding legislative amendments.” [ Source : -2012, Federal Migration Service Meeting]

Recent political campaigns focus on the mysterious disappearance of gays in Chechnya. As if Putin single-highhandedly scooped up all the fags and put them in camps. It seems when other nations try to set the trend, Putin stands firm on the Russian identity. It doesn't force his hand to change that point of view just because it hurt some feelings.

The media just follows the trending story. Gears shift back to Syria, and it will be War! War! War! Today's focus is on Trump changing his mind about al-Assad because he saw photos of dead children from the chemical attack. And Russia's Position on Trump.

#112186 - 04/06/17 10:02 AM On Vladamir Putin [Re: SIN3]
Megatron Offline

I actually think he's awesome as fuck.

Why? Because he's doing the exact best for his own people under the current geo-political umbrella.

What more can you ask of your dictator?

Edited by Megatron (04/06/17 10:24 AM)
Edit Reason: ║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

#112187 - 04/06/17 10:34 AM Re: On Vladamir Putin [Re: Megatron]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Dictator? Hardly, Russia is doing pretty well considering the Soviet Union collapse. A hell of lot better than they were. Putin is just a figure head anyway.

I'm sure you could do better than Seva Gunitsky of the Washington Post.

Quote:
But the biggest consequences of the bombing may be not in the attack itself but what it means for the short-term future of Russian politics.

Where is all the Russian dissent. Where are there riots, looting, and Molotov Cocktails?

#112190 - 04/06/17 12:58 PM Re: On Vladamir Putin [Re: SIN3]
Megatron Offline

I wasn't going to fuck with you being disagreeable about me agreeing with you until I saw this:

Originally Posted By: SIN3
Putin is just a figure head anyway

Sorry, he's actually the world's richest man. Person. Individual. Whatever. And he damn sure didn't get that way by being a puppet.

Trump might not admit it, but I wiil, I'm Team Putin.

Edited by Megatron (04/06/17 01:00 PM)
Edit Reason: ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

#112208 - 04/07/17 09:28 AM Re: On Vladamir Putin [Re: Megatron]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Figure head does not equate to puppet. Just as the U.S. is not ruled by one person (dictator) neither is Russia .

Being Rich is irrelevant in terms of government but it may have an influencing factor over his popularity with the people. Their wealth doesn't play a role in the position but (like our elections) play a role in their campaign. There are minimum requirements (citizenship and residency) to qualify for candidacy.

Besides, as far as puppetry goes - he was KGB for 16 years. Just saying.

In other news...

"Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that Russian President Vladimir Putin regarded the strike "as aggression against a sovereign nation" that was carried out "in violation of international law, and also under an invented pretext." ( source)

#113056 - 06/06/17 09:40 AM Re: Russia! Russia! Russia! [Re: SIN3]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

25 Year Old, Reality Winner - Busted

Quote:
25-year-old Reality Leigh Winner was arrested on charges involving the leak of a top-secret National Security Agency document to The Intercept that detailed a Russian hacking operation targeting US voting systems.
(Source: Business Insider)

Media agencies have been publishing her Social Media account posts on Twitter. She supports Bernie Sanders, Votes Democrat and considers Trump a cunt.

The Airforce Vet could be in for a 10 year stint.

Semigogue covered it this only applies to the May classified documents that wouldn't be de-classified for decades.

The Intercept goes into more detail about the Russian phishing of voting systems. It's been reported that it was 'Military Intelligence' that performed the scam:

Quote:
The report indicates that Russian hacking may have penetrated further into U.S. voting systems than was previously understood. It states unequivocally in its summary statement that it was Russian military intelligence, specifically the Russian General Staff Main Intelligence Directorate, or GRU, that conducted the cyber attacks described in the document:

Russian General Staff Main Intelligence Directorate actors … executed cyber espionage operations against a named U.S. company in August 2016, evidently to obtain information on elections-related software and hardware solutions. … The actors likely used data obtained from that operation to … launch a voter registration-themed spear-phishing campaign targeting U.S. local government organizations.

I remain skeptical. Newsies also covered the Russian MO on several radio broadcasts; saying that the Russian goal was to just create chaos vs. any organized end game.

Seems desperate.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.048 seconds of which 0.029 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.