Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#112133 - 04/04/17 11:31 AM Jesus was actually a "terrorist"
Megatron Offline

Loc: fuckit, some kid cracked my co...
Or at least that's how he'd fit into our modern classifications.

I know it's fun these days to deny a historical Jesus and chalk it all up to mythologizing (did I spell that right?), but the preponderance of the evidence actually does point to a real person. Just not the guy most people think of when they envision their favorite person hanging on a tree.

First Century Palestine was an odd place. An occupied territory of extreme religious import to the native, captive population. But one being ruled over by the devil Himself. The Caesar of Rome. The epitome of false deity. Gilded, yet frail.

There was a movement against this occupation which bears the name Maccabee, at least at first, but it soon grew broader, wider, and deeper. We can see the Qumran community embracing this millennialism, which ultimately informed the apostle Paul, who was himself an agent of Rome. And who was, by his own acknowledgement, a killer of proto-Christians.

So, who was Jesus really? Peace-loving hippie? Extremely doubtful. He was most likely an insurgent figurehead/puppet utilized by his own family for obscure bloodline reasons. "Judas," was actually his brother. As were James and John. The math isn't hard if you know what to look for.

Somebody had to take it for the team. Irony of ironies, he made it all the way to Second Person of the Trinity. At least in the minds of some people.

"It is not befitting the Most Gracious that He should beget a son." - Qur'an 19:92

The real Jesus would have probably given that an "AMEN!"

Oh, and I spell everything right.

#113213 - 06/14/17 10:52 PM Re: Jesus was actually a "terrorist" [Re: Megatron]
Friend of zoogs Offline
pledge

Loc: MN
did he get virgins in heaven? Perhaps our current government should take the example of the Romans and put some of these next Jesuses to death? I don't know why I bit on this one...

#113237 - 06/16/17 07:28 PM Re: Jesus was actually a "terrorist" [Re: Friend of zoogs]
fiendish Offline

"Jesus was a terrorist" is actually a song by Dead Kennedys. The irony in it doesn't lay in the influence of that certain persona, but in the desire of people to be influenced, thus being a part of "it".

#113257 - 06/19/17 09:13 PM Re: Jesus was actually a "terrorist" [Re: fiendish]
Friend of zoogs Offline
pledge

Have you read the resa Aslan book describing Jesus this way?

#113816 - 08/10/17 09:03 AM Re: Jesus was actually a "terrorist" [Re: Friend of zoogs]
apocatastasis Offline
stranger

Loc: Massachusetts
"Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's"
-Matthew 22:21

The problem with this view, I think, is that we don't know enough about the historical Jesus to designate him as a revolutionary, anymore than to designate him as a pacifist.

The four "canonical" gospels portray Jesus in a much more human way than any of the other contemporary literature that concerns him. The Jesus of the Secret Book of John or the Gospel of Thomas certainly didn't have any revolutionary concerns, and those books portray him as being above human or political issuing.

Jesus has been so corrupted by the literature concerning him, and so deified, that it is impossible to make any sort of assumptions about who he might have been and what his goals were.

There is, however, one interesting hiccup. Essentially the only thing we know about Jesus as a historical certainty is that he was crucified. Crucifixion was a Roman method of execution. Therefore, his behavior must have done something to anger the Roman government--but what?

Originally Posted By: Friend of zoogs

No, but I mean to. It seems like an interesting read.

Edited by apocatastasis (08/10/17 09:05 AM)

#114042 - 08/19/17 04:30 PM Re: Jesus was actually a "terrorist" [Re: apocatastasis]
fiendish Offline

I am not so sure about historical certainties. Except if you mean crucifixion was really a roman method of execution. That is surely a historical certainty.

#114055 - 08/20/17 03:28 AM Re: Jesus was actually a "terrorist" [Re: Friend of zoogs]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: Friend of zoogs

It's a commonly held theory that Jesus terrorized the Hebrews by challenging their cultural practices. Hellenized Christian Jews, would extract the conflict frequency by cryptic writing. A Rhetorical style that was so perplexing to early collectors that they later concocted a Devil that terrorized Christians.

#114287 - 09/08/17 09:21 PM Re: Jesus was actually a "terrorist" [Re: SIN3]
fiendish Offline

Well, just a question. If the romans were the authority and the christians were the opposition, what would be the Satanists position? (Except from pissing off the lions.)

#114401 - 09/20/17 12:43 AM Re: Jesus was actually a "terrorist" [Re: fiendish]
Friend of zoogs Offline
pledge

It was a penalty for sedition. Suggesting that Jesus was some sort of enemy of the state. Who knows more about the "zealots" and can elaborate on this? I have read that perhaps Jesus was executed because he "preached" that maybe the jews shouldn't pay their taxes...

Edited by Friend of zoogs (09/20/17 12:46 AM)
Edit Reason: haste makes waste

#114405 - 09/20/17 10:18 AM Re: Jesus was actually a "terrorist" [Re: fiendish]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: fiendish
Well, just a question. If the romans were the authority and the christians were the opposition, what would be the Satanists position? (Except from pissing off the lions.)

I think the main point he was making was Jesus Was and Is the Satan.

1. The Christ is just a designation (much like Satan). It can be any person that acts as savior. In many stories, Jeshua steps in to act as savior by (employing Socratic method mind you) to the situation of the day.

2. Even when threatened with bodily harm and death, he refused to change his way to fit Nomos and Orthopraxy. Even as a born Jew himself.

3. He walked his talk. He brought the sword.

4. Even when he was killed for it, he was defiant even to Death by ascending to Master level (common theme culturally). A theme repeated doesn't necessarily mean its Nomos.

I think people treat the Bible religiously, when they should be reading it as an Occult work with Esoteric value.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.04 seconds of which 0.016 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.