Page 17 of 18 « First<1415161718>
Topic Options
#114209 - 08/29/17 01:06 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: Creatura Noptii]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

In a certain sense, yes. You do need a group of people to acknowledge it. You need a point of reference. How else would you know that what you are doing is non-comformity or Satanic to begin with?

Derp is derping you derpshit.

The call is always up to you. Do not confuse choice with individuality. That's derping around.

#114210 - 08/29/17 02:49 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: Dimitri]
Czereda Online

Loc: Poland
 Originally Posted By: Dimitri
You do need a group of people to acknowledge it. You need a point of reference. How else would you know that what you are doing is non-comformity or Satanic to begin with?

The thing is that you don't have to know it. Nonconformity is hardly ever a goal in itself. There are multiple reasons why people refuse to comply. Only a total fruitcake does it to feel cool Satanic. "ism" is merely a descriptor, it points at what already is, it doesn't create anything.

Quote:
Derp is derping you derpshit.

This cabaret could be amusing if you weren't the odd one out who DOES believe the bullshit. But you are and this is what makes it tragic.

#114216 - 08/30/17 10:17 AM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: Creatura Noptii]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: CN
Is one not able to be Satanic until they hear the word Satanism and had a group to acknowlege it?

Not wanting to spend too much beating this dead corpse, I will point you to the study of Linguistics/Language. I'll just leave it at that.

Continue as you see fit. I am challenging your myopic viewpoint.

#114295 - 09/09/17 11:31 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: SIN3]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
Myopic... sure you got the right word? Explain yourself.

Considering you have quite the limited view of my life and the hard choices I've had to make, it seems only fitting to lebel your assumption with such a word.

My going solo has everything to do with greater wisdom.

#114308 - 09/11/17 10:22 AM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: Creatura Noptii]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

I do, which is why I used language as an example. I don't need to view your life to know that your claims of individuality aren't as individual as you believe them to be.

#114348 - 09/14/17 12:28 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: SIN3]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
Does that mean I have to picka side and be a part of a group to make my decisions?

OK, but you still haven't answered my Q: Who's making your choices, The Devil?

We are all alive but that does not mean we have the same life, nor that we have to be in group concensus. If that is not clear to you, that's your issue. I've made my point clear, but in your case, I suppose a cop out is a cop out.

#118259 - 01/30/19 10:30 AM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: Creatura Noptii]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

I forgot about this thread to be honest. We make choices but that doesn't mean we haven't been influenced to make specific choices. Whether that be upbringing, social interractions, society, entertainment, peers, etc. That's what I was driving at with the notion of individuality. You didn't become unique alone, no matter what you believe about that. Peel away the layers of who you are, you find you're not as unique as you think.

This doesn't mean that one doesn't live a certain way and just finds a descriptor that is agreeable. Such as the case with Satanic. The agreement part, is what Dimi was pointing to. I think you're just getting hung up on the notion that you didn't become what you've become alone. Does that make you uncomfortable? If so, what about it does? That you can't take 100% of the credit?

Nobody said we have the same life. Nobody said we must come to consensus. You can say I've copped out. That's cool, doesn't hurt me in anyway. I say, I just never came back here to respond.

#118270 - 01/30/19 08:27 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: SIN3]
samowens84 Offline

I suppose the question that I regard as the acid test for individuality is are you being true to your primal instinct. For me that means am I protecting my family and serving my interests.

If the answer is no, then you've failed the individuality test, and "copping out" means that the approval of strangers mean more to you then the wellbeing of your sons or daughters, for instance.

Did you fail that test?

People pleasing is often a corrupter in this case.

#118271 - 01/30/19 08:58 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: samowens84]
aeon6 Offline

Loc: KÝbenhavn, Denmark
Primal instinct dictates action, overriding other impulses. But yet is itself an impulse, reacting to stimulus. Individuality comes rarely so step in line for that. About pleasing people/strangers: I see no harm in it in general. Advantages are to be had through mutual admiration when and where deserved. When will your paranoia serve you any better?
#118272 - 01/30/19 09:15 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: aeon6]
samowens84 Offline

Originally Posted By: aeon6
Primal instinct dictates action, overriding other impulses. But yet is itself an impulse, reacting to stimulus. Individuality comes rarely so step in line for that. About pleasing people/strangers: I see no harm in it in general. Advantages are to be had through mutual admiration when and where deserved. When will your paranoia serve you any better?

Your instincts always serve something, better something for yourself than someone else. Perhaps there's a communication gap here, but unless you know where your boundaries are, people pleasing is dangerous and self-destructive and disempowering.

Like, I may admire and respect you, but if given a choice between you and someone near and dear to me, I'd let you drown.

This isn't strictly selfish. If no one takes responsibility for themselves then no one is taking responsibility for anyone. And if you break your back for everyone, the basic danger in psychology is obvious. Social loafing becomes the inevitable result where you are the only one pulling your weight, while mutual weakness nurtures mutual contempt. For example, you might have contempt for them because they refuse to take responsibility for their own lives out of their own inherit weakness, and they become contemptuous of you because you make it so easy for them to take advantage of you. That's not where "mutual admiration" comes from. It comes from shared values.

For example, I was in rehab, and I made a case for gun control. Now, my arguments were way off base, and we disagreed on several fronts. However, because I refused to back down from my position, it brought respect.

Agreement on issues or anything else never nurtures respect. Strength does. Self-respect does.

Knowing where my loyalties truly belong and not allowing for a stranger to cross that line is what inspires respect and admiration.

And so my theory is very basic. Know your boundaries and don't allow for strangers to cross them. And then you prove yourself worthy of respect, even if you disagree.

This is the opposite of what I see people pleasers do. They think that by proving how useful they are, that they gain respect, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. Knowing your worth and being able to respectfully prevent people from crossing respectable lines is what inspires respect and admiration.

The one who respects themselves over proving their usefulness is more likely to open doors for themselves and will gain more admiration from strangers than being the best.

In my experience, this is a consistent fact of life.

Strength inspires respect. Weakness nurtures contempt.

Now, the mindfuck is when someone is so strong in their character when they are willing to opt for nurturing contempt at the expense of respect when other people viewing you with contempt helps you reach your goals with greater efficiency.

So there are no hard and fast rules here.

But to answer the question, "people pleasing" as an immutable persona isn't a condition I would wish on anyone as a permanent placement, because that makes it a destination rather than a stratagem, or, if one gets too comfortable, your enemies can reverse your stratagem so as to make you so comfortable in your persona so that your strategy has become your trap.

Lots of potential exploration here.

For example, from an ethical standpoint, what if gaining the approval of those you care about is in opposition to both your well being and theirs?

Would you let your ship sink for the sake of a pat on the back?

Earning the love and admiration of the public depends on upholding basic inspirational human values.

Standing fast and never giving up devotion to the one you love and never failing that responsibility, for instance, would win more admiration, love and adoration than being able to learn how to play a Mozart symphony from one listen.

One represents the indomitable will of the human spirit and love that everyone desperately wants and needs to enrich their lives, whereas the latter is just a useful skill.

One cannot fake it, because for all the supposed "faults" of the public, they can tell the difference between real spirit and fake.

So while you may be able to be more skilled in you intelligence than me, for instance, until you can learn to say no to the world who wants to steal your heart away you'll never gain the admiration and praise from the public that you or someone else desperately craves, and might only settle for being interesting and impressive amongst a sea of mutually impressive and talented people.

Edited by samowens84 (01/30/19 09:41 PM)

#118273 - 01/30/19 09:38 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: SIN3]
Tom Satanic Offline
stranger

Looks like you did remember and come back to reply after all. Yes people are similar, and have varying experiences of personal circumstance. I think in being Satanic you find more about yourself and go after what you want in life, no matter what. You can agree or disagree I don't care.

Life is not simple and it does require compromise, you choose your own battles.

Edited by Tom Satanic (01/30/19 09:39 PM)

#118274 - 01/30/19 09:43 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: Tom Satanic]
samowens84 Offline

Originally Posted By: Tom Satanic
Looks like you did remember and come back to reply after all. Yes people are similar, and have varying experiences of personal circumstance. I think in being Satanic you find more about yourself and go after what you want in life, no matter what. You can agree or disagree I don't care.

Life is not simple and it does require compromise, you choose your own battles.

I agree to disagree. You can compromise on space and room to breath, but if you compromise your values then you don't exist.

Give a little away, you end up giving it all away.

Never compromise your heart, or you become heartless, and wonder how you ended up feeling used up and worthless.

#118277 - 01/30/19 09:57 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: samowens84]
Tom Satanic Offline
stranger

What a load of blind moral bs. Have you experienced this self decline? If not how would you know? It seems your defending it. If so, and you did have that experience, you prove yourself wrong. It also seems you are mis interpreting my intended point.
You believe such things to be so negative, then you act on them. Your words and misplaced judgement, not mine.

*Reply to the below response since my post count is up today:

Dude, I seriously think you have an intellectual barrier. My post was generic: you have to compromise in life. YOU are attributing that to some fixed negative outcome of being heartless and whatnot. Those ARE your words, and your perception is that it was a personal attack, again, your applied misinterpretation of what I said.

I have read a few of your posts lately, and I can't say they being much of anything to the table with the exception of making yourself the target of ridicule.

What even the fuck do your questions have to do with that I said?! You have so many intellectual mishaps in every conversation here it's hard to keep reading.

Seriously, GTFO this forum and grow a brain.

Edited by Tom Satanic (01/30/19 10:53 PM)

#118278 - 01/30/19 09:59 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: Tom Satanic]
samowens84 Offline

Originally Posted By: Tom Satanic
What a load of blind moral bs. Have you experienced this self decline? If not how would you know? It seems your defending it. If so, and you did have that experience, you prove yourself wrong. It also seems you are mis interpreting my intended point.
You believe such things then you act that way. Your words not mine.

I'm not claiming they are yours.

Is this an example of your codependency?

Does it make it personally difficult to understand the difference between exploring an interesting idea versus a personal attack?

Just some basic questions, but yes.

Your words are not mine and vice versa.

Words on a screen. They can be a bitch ;\)

And even if you did assume it was a personal attack, so what?

Giving the benefit of the doubt to words on a screen can shift your emotional perspective and take control of the conversation and MAKE IT into a conversation about an interesting subject.

What benefit is it to you to assume that I'm disrespecting you and base your response on that assumption, even if it's true?

And as far as "moral bs," you're welcome to believe what you want. But I wouldn't trade my life for yours. My perspective has kept my life reasonably happy as well as responsible to people I care about.

No offense, but are you capable of recognizing what self interest looks like?

People pleasing can make that difficult

Edited by samowens84 (01/30/19 10:04 PM)

#118279 - 01/30/19 10:56 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: samowens84]
aeon6 Offline

Loc: KÝbenhavn, Denmark
Self-interest need not exclude being socio-kind in general. In doing so through any number of gestures, you can show you have no chip on your shoulder, constantly worried about your children and family. I see no contradiction between casting pearls to swine and eventually eating the swine (piscetarian: would never touch it). What I said about mutual admiration goes beyond being "kind", in fact kindness can conveniently be confused with altruism. It is a clandestine way to subdue an enemy which has been tested throughout history. But such animosity is only something which you should have few of. Afterall it takes energy to expend, which otherwise is best relegated to parts of your life that more than make up for any past deficiencies if you harness them.

In short, people-pleasing and self-interest are not incompatible.
I hope to make that cunt Ayn Rand roll in her grave.

Page 17 of 18 « First<1415161718>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.008 seconds were spent on 29 queries. Zlib compression disabled.