Page 2 of 18 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#112515 - 04/25/17 01:44 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: LoneWolf78]
XiaoGui17 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Austin, TX
 Originally Posted By: LoneWolf78
I have no idea what is going on. It seems as though that there is some kind of an issue about a moderator leaving and people's blue jackets being taken away from them.

Back about 10-ish years ago, when the forum was more active, blues (& greens & reds) would nominate and vote in new blues.

Over the years, activity dropped off because the blues et al were busy, and all the convos to be had were done. There being less active blues et al, there were also fewer nominations / votes in of new blues, which created a feedback loop of even fewer blues et al and even less blue et al activity.

Then there was some drama and bickering and forum rivalry and fallings out, and some blues were kicked out over it, and blue et al activity continued to drop off in a self-perpetuating circle of descent.

Eventually the few greens left decided "fuck it, there's no point to the blue room anymore," so they locked the blue room and wiped the remaining active blues to whites.

So recently, there were just a couple active greens left moderating and no blues. One remaining green independently reopened the blue room and selected a handful of new and restored blues. This was contrary to the prior policy where there had to be a vote by other blues et al, which said green acknowledged. That green was willing to deal with the consequences if and when there were any.

The sudden demotion of that handful of recent blues back to white and departure of that green are the consequences that followed.

Quote:
Nevertheless, it is clear that some of what would be called the old hats seem to be at a standstill as far as posting goes.

That was happening regardless. Like I said, busy IRL and already said most of what they have to say.

#112516 - 04/25/17 04:09 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: LoneWolf78]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: LoneWolf78
... Any message board however, needs conversation to continue. I know that Dr. Aquino has suggested to let it sunset and perhaps that is what is happening.

Historical perspective: Prior to 1966 "Satanism" was simply equivalent to Judæo-Christian Devil-worship, usually as alleged in the European witch-hunts and somewhat modernized by Dennis Wheatley's "Black Magic" novels. The only books around were old rants by Montague Summers and A.E. Waite.

So when Anton LaVey created the Church of Satan in 1966, it was a "new hat", given a coincidental boost by the "could be your neighbors" tickle of Rosemary's Baby. It was also the "farthest out" extreme of the 1960s "occult revival" kicked off by Pauwels & Bergier's Morning of the Magicians and etc.

The "occult revival" had run its public-fad course by the early 1970s. The movie of RB was a blockbuster in 1968, but 1975's Devil's Rain got hardly a yawn and wound up in drive-ins within a couple of weeks. The public was interested in a new hat, which it got with 1977's Star Wars and its endless spinoffs.

Within the Satanic community, which was the Church of Satan, 1975 marked a split between the metaphysical school of thought, which evolved into the Temple of Set, and the Anton LaVey personality-cult, which continued the old name. Both jettisoned the J/C "Satan" - the Temple because it had recognized and discarded the artificiality of J/C as a whole, and Anton because he now worshipped only himself.

This left "Satanism per se" as an orphan in limbo. If you look back at the late-70s/early 80s, it was extinct.

Then in the mid-80s the "S-word" was revived in two different but equally brainless ways by (1) rock musicians such as Black Sabbath and Mötley Crüe looking for a gimmick, and the "Satanic ritual abuse" scam-fad inspired by Michelle Remembers. Both of these turnips were squeezed dry in about 5 years, though some of their wreckage lingered on in increasingly-shocking music and the theme-shifting abuse-accusation industry.

That's the overview, and it makes for a pretty barren environment for a "Satanism"-specific forum like 600C:

(1) 600Cers are not interested in Setian initiation, else they would be on the Temple's forum as Setians, not here. They still cling to the spooky J/C glamor of the S-word.

(2) While some, particularly the younger-generation 600Cers alleviate their boredom with occasional Anton LaVey-lore, he is certainly not revered as he was within the original Church as the genius of a breakthrough religious revolution.

(3) No one here wastes time with the "SRA" garbage.

(4) Satanic rock music is now the stuff of Muzak in elevators and dentists' waiting rooms.

By and large 600C has survived by attempting to redefine "Satanism" [but not Satan, who is still extinct as a J/C scarecrow] to any expression of social rebellion. In the 1950s, since Anton hadn't arrived on-stage yet, society's bad-boy models for this were Marlon Brando in The Wild One and James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause. And off-screen the Beats: Kerouac, Ginsberg, Burroughs et al. Today there is nothing/nobody like that, nor does society care; it's preoccupied with texting on iPhones.

So it's somewhat miraculous that 600C has survived this long; certainly there's nothing even close to it elsewhere on the web as a "Satnism" standard-bearer. Since I first visited a few years ago, I'd agree that its backbone-posters have pretty much faded away. It survives today due to a few intensives like Sin3. If and when they lose interest and patience, "that's all, folks".

As for myself: I've always regarded myself as primarily a "visiting historian" from the original Church of Satan days. Occasionally clarify or correct any curiosity about the Temple of Set. Mention/extract relevant books of mine where pertinent. But I don't see any of this as trying to pump fresh air into an old, deflated inner tube.

That said, 600C's archives deserve more than passing mention. Over the years I've seen some impressive discussions and debates here. If you're interested in a particular topic and don't find it in the current menu, go there and search for it. There's gold in them-thar hills.

#112517 - 04/25/17 04:45 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: CanisMachina42]
The Satanist Offline
lurker

Loc: UK
Be thankful, for a site like this, to be truly honest. There are some more out there also.

(Ok. This is my first post.)

Hello all. Nice to meet you.

#112518 - 04/25/17 04:57 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
*Hey there, welcome.

I'll add here to what Dr. Aquino says, in that Satanism has had its day, at least for the time being.

The new bad-boy in town is MGTOW. Men leaving the plantation. It has similarities to what Anton LaVey says about living up to false expectations, one disposable generation after the next.

Ultimately, this site may not get much advertising, and if it does, likely only within occult-focused online groups.

Today's idea of the occult are voodoo dolls and Wicca. Most people are going to gravitate toward Wicca/fairy water fountain forest loving mumbo jumbo.

Satan is ingrained in people as a symbol of evil. Even the lesbians are Christian.

People aren't going to find this place easily. I found it through The First Satanic Church website, which far as I can tell, is actually a local radio show and yearly Black X-Mas event. Local being the key word.

Occult is loosing popularity, Wicca and their kin will take the most, while the bulk of the 'satanic' will be found at the Satanic Temple, or Satanic International. Many of them may not even know about 600C.

Which brings me to another point: An outdated platform. System Format/Upgrade might be overdue, but that's up to the owner.

New people seem to pop up every season, but in the last year it seems that only me and a couple others are the only consistent newcomers within that time-frame.

Ultimately, I witness more in-depth/intellectually refined discourse on the likes of YouTube and pod casts. There have been a few interesting topics but are mostly scarce, while the bulk of true gems are years old.

This place is like a dead horse beating playground, and even after only a year I find myself moving to other points of interest. Nothing against any of you other posters, mostly my own change of interest.

In conclusion, not many people are going to find 600C, let alone join, and those who do may not even get around to posting, which leaves very little in way of active conversation.

I could be wrong. Maybe one of the remaining mods could tell us the recent join count/participation ratio.

Edited by Creatura Noptii (04/25/17 05:05 PM)
Edit Reason: *a welcoming...

#112519 - 04/25/17 05:06 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: Bartho LeMule]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
 Originally Posted By: Bartho LeMule

Like I said to ONA some time ago: an organization, institution, forum, collection of people, nation, whatever, is only as good as the people who lead it and have an influence on it. And so: if this place SUCKS: it is so because the 'leadership' here SUCKS. A leadership who elevates dumb fucks, turd brains, and those who barely give half a shit about his forum. All the while dismissing and shunning those few users who not only keep his forum alive, but are also the most insightful and smartest.

Birds of a feather. One's been going nuts here, another one on WordPress. All because nobody gave them a cookie.

What leadership do you have here? Xear is just a tech guy. And then you have users who participate in the topics that interest them. It's a user-centered venue. The quality of the forum depends on the quality of individual users. If someone needs encouragement in the form of a special status in order to participate, then fuck them.

Originally Posted By: Canis
The forum users will shortly be presented with a dilemma. Which side will you take if an inevitable clash comes.

This made me laugh. I see there comes a chance to improve my home budget. You see I don't know yet which side to support. It all depends on how much money will be put on the table.

Edited by Czereda (04/25/17 05:11 PM)

#112520 - 04/25/17 05:10 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: LoneWolf78]
2ndHandSatanist Offline
stranger

Loc: CHICAGOOOO
Are you talking about Fnord?

Oh my--goodness gracious... goodness gracious... goodness gracious.... goodness gracious.... goodness gracious....

The reason why Fnord left and why people are being stripped of their moderator idea is because this website is going to the nugs.

That's why.

~Grace

#112521 - 04/25/17 05:27 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: 2ndHandSatanist]
The Satanist Offline
lurker

Loc: UK
Like everything in the world, at this moment. This site is my chill out period. I enjoy chatting about anything.

My job is boring has fuck.

#112524 - 04/25/17 06:31 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: The Satanist]
LoneWolf78 Offline

@ Dark Magician

Originally Posted By: Dark Magician
GROW THE FUCK UP

An interesting concept for most people who seem to spend their lives on the internet (not just in this forum). Unfortunately, it seems to be far too complex for most to comprehend.

@ Dan Dread

Originally Posted By: Dan Dread
https://youtu.be/YzoMSgBzjsI

Speaks volumes.

Kind of reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMqMKxJJYvY&t=3s

Kind of like when you said this:

You should be taking notes son, In this I am the master atop The mountain. Challenge me if you wish.

It reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmtqPOHT_N0

From about the twenty to the twenty-five second mark.

Thank you for the laughs on both counts.

(On a side note Manson's grandson is in MMA).

As for the rest of this thread.. hilarious. This place hasn't been worth shit in years. Who cares about a font color, or the regards or respect of people not fit to hold my beer?

Yet here you are posting in a place that "hasn't been worth shit in years." What does that say about you?

@SIN

Originally Posted By: SIN
It was intriguing enough for you to create a post about it.

Perhaps.

It also could have been entertaining (I seem to remember this girl who said that sometimes she posted things that she didn't even mean just to see how that people would react. ;\) ). Maybe it was because I agreed with Czereda about how that the other post was a bunch of namby pamby boo hooing that was frankly becoming embarrassing. It also could have been all of the above. I'll never tell.

Earlier on you said this to me:

If this is how you see things, spend more time reading and less time posting.

So I did and saw the same style fit throwing in a post called, "600 Club Flat-lined?" I forget who that the OP was on that one, but it turned into a nice little drama-fest don't you think?

Finally, don't you find it fairly hypocritical that someone with 6448 posts in a four year time frame is telling anyone not to post?

I also seem to forget who it was that caused the six post rule.

@Dimitri

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
I still see some color among the users. Rightfully given so.

I agree with this. I assumed that there was a reason for the blue's being given and that perhaps there was some level of merit to them. I also assumed that temper tantrums were being thrown by over blown egos, which all things considered is very sad.

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
People like The_Zebu, Michael Aquino, CerlueanSteel, Fist, Morgan and Diavolo are exceptionally rare.

Also agreed wholeheartedly.

@ aerial_dc

Thanks for joining the discussion.

@ CanisMachina42

Good calls.

@ XiaoGui17

Thanks for the insight. It makes sense.

@ Michael A. Aquino

Thanks for the perspective, insight, and remaining a class act.

Originally Posted By: Michael A. Aquino
That said, 600C's archives deserve more than passing mention. Over the years I've seen some impressive discussions and debates here. If you're interested in a particular topic and don't find it in the current menu, go there and search for it. There's gold in them-thar hills.

I couldn't agree more.

@ The Satanist

Welcome to the boards. Thanks for the contribution.

@Creatura Noptii

Well worded and insightful. Thank you.

@ Czereda

Originally Posted By: Czedra
Birds of a feather. One's been going nuts here, another one on WordPress. All because nobody gave them a cookie.

LMAO. Too funny!! Who is melting down on wordpress instead of here? I'm always up for a good floor show.

Edited by LoneWolf78 (04/25/17 06:33 PM)
Edit Reason: added youtube link

#112539 - 04/26/17 05:55 AM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: LoneWolf78]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
 Quote:
I assumed that there was a reason for the blue's being given and that perhaps there was some level of merit to them.

Not necessarily. While I agree that there are some smart people among the blue ones, others are just average. Fist once stated clearly, albeit not directly, that the blue title wasn't really about merit. The same goes for the green mantle. The mods are chosen from among those whom the admin knows and trusts. The question remains how well you can know a person. Misjudgement is always possible. Fnord is not the only one who lost his moderator status and his offense isn't the biggest one. This is why SIN recommended to you reading the forum archives. Then you would understand that it's not about any kind of achievement at all.

Edited by Czereda (04/26/17 05:57 AM)

#112540 - 04/26/17 06:33 AM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: Creatura Noptii]
XiaoGui17 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Austin, TX
 Originally Posted By: Creatura Noptii
I'll add here to what Dr. Aquino says, in that Satanism has had its day, at least for the time being.

The new bad-boy in town is MGTOW.

When all you have is a hammer...

MGTOW is a great tool to have in your Satanic toolbox, but not every problem with which men are faced can be attributed to women (or vice versa). It may be the most important to you, if women were previously your biggest weakness. But there are tons of people with other demons plaguing them--debt, drugs, emotional instability/ weakness, poor critical thinking, etc--that can't be resolved by getting over thinking with their little head.

#112541 - 04/26/17 09:15 AM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: LoneWolf78]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: CN

Quote:
@SIN

It was intriguing enough for you to create a post about it.

Perhaps.

It also could have been entertaining (I seem to remember this girl who said that sometimes she posted things that she didn't even mean just to see how that people would react. ;\) ). Maybe it was because I agreed with Czereda about how that the other post was a bunch of namby pamby boo hooing that was frankly becoming embarrassing. It also could have been all of the above. I'll never tell.

Earlier on you said this to me:

If this is how you see things, spend more time reading and less time posting.

So I did and saw the same style fit throwing in a post called, "600 Club Flat-lined?" I forget who that the OP was on that one, but it turned into a nice little drama-fest don't you think?

Finally, don't you find it fairly hypocritical that someone with 6448 posts in a four year time frame is telling anyone not to post?

I also seem to forget who it was that caused the six post rule.

Wasn't even a good try. Posting a discussion about a complaint isn't the same thing as making one. Folks blame me for a lot of things, I'm good with that. I'm an accessible scapegoat.

Lurkers lurk, posters post. 6449, did I count that right?

#112544 - 04/26/17 01:55 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: LoneWolf78]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Awhile ago, we decided to get rid of colored names, because we found that special room created for them were not utilized.

The main reason for the "blue suit," was just to let people know that those individuals have been around for some time, and tend to have their act together, and not get all bent out of shape over little things, or flood the forum with BS posts all the time.

It is true, that there would be a vote as to who would get the Blue. At that point all blues, greens, and reds had a chance to put in some input.

It was later decided, that aside from the Blues not utilizing any special forms created for them, we figured that people who come here regularly already know who they like and dislike, and somehow just having a blue name showing that they have been here for awhile didn't make much sense anymore.

A few months ago, after being off line for about two weeks (Job, friends, blah blah blah) I came back and found a bunch of Blue names.

I attempted to find out who blue'd them and why, but no one seemed to know. The weird thing was that I wasn't able to find ANY posts regarding them. I mean, no one even mentioned anything like "Hey, I got a blue suit."

So I contacted Xear to look into it. He is the only active red member that I am aware at this point. He owns the site.
He was also not aware of how people ended up with blue names and why.

Since only Xear and moderators have access to change name colors, it was a mystery, but I guess he got to the bottom of it and figured it out, and then changed everyone, except moderators to the regular white color.

If I remember correctly, there was a bit of going around trying to decide if EVERYONE including moderators should just have a white suit, but it was decided that having a different suit from others would make it easier for new people to contact someone who might be able to help them with an issue if they run into something they weren't sure of how to take care of here, which is the only reason that moderators have a Green Suit instead of white.

Personally, I tend to lurk more these days then post, because real life is giving me a bit less free time that I used to have. So sometimes I miss details that I used to catch before.

(Wrote this while getting ready for work, and I didn't check for spelling or grammar)

#112548 - 04/26/17 05:21 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: Asmedious]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
 Originally Posted By: SIN3
Wasn't even a good try. Posting a discussion about a complaint isn't the same thing as making one. Folks blame me for a lot of things, I'm good with that. I'm an accessible scapegoat.

Lurkers lurk, posters post. 6449, did I count that right?

Good posters also pay attention to who they're quoting. Guess I'm also a good scapegoat...

Oh well, mistakes happen.

#112549 - 04/26/17 05:25 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: Asmedious]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Sure. I don't really think anyone really cares about <font color = "blue"> <font>

But I can't help but notice you didn't mention the guy that got demodded for trying(with some success) to breath some life into this tomb.

#112551 - 04/26/17 05:52 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: Creatura Noptii]
LoneWolf78 Offline

Quote:
Good posters also pay attention to who they're quoting. Guess I'm also a good scapegoat...

Oh well, mistakes happen.

(Gasp!) Someone made a mistake by quoting you when it was supposed to be me? Hahaha! I guess it happens when someone is always focused on upholding a "confrontational" reputation. ;\)

@SIN....Stating a fact that your numerous posting is what caused the six post rule is not scapegoating. Calling it scapegoating is refusing to simply take responsibility and say, "Yea I did it."

It's just that simple.

Page 2 of 18 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.038 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.