Page 3 of 18 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#112557 - 04/27/17 12:04 AM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: Asmedious]
XiaoGui17 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Austin, TX
 Originally Posted By: Asmedious
A few months ago, after being off line for about two weeks (Job, friends, blah blah blah) I came back and found a bunch of Blue names.

I attempted to find out who blue'd them and why, but no one seemed to know. The weird thing was that I wasn't able to find ANY posts regarding them. I mean, no one even mentioned anything like "Hey, I got a blue suit."

Odd. I remember popping in after about a week of inactivity to discover I was made blue out of the blue a few days prior. I saw a thread announcing the selections by the green responsible, with a string of thank yous from those selected. It never struck me as surreptitious.

I similarly discovered it had been undone after a while of being out. Not sure if the thread disappeared in between; I wasn't here when it got reversed.

#112563 - 04/27/17 09:01 AM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: LoneWolf78]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: LoneWolf78
 Quote:
Good posters also pay attention to who they're quoting. Guess I'm also a good scapegoat...

Oh well, mistakes happen.

(Gasp!) Someone made a mistake by quoting you when it was supposed to be me? Hahaha! I guess it happens when someone is always focused on upholding a "confrontational" reputation. ;\)

@SIN....Stating a fact that your numerous posting is what caused the six post rule is not scapegoating. Calling it scapegoating is refusing to simply take responsibility and say, "Yea I did it."

It's just that simple.

Yeah, I goofed it. Somewhere in my mind's eye you both read the same. Common.

Responsibility for what? There was a post that explained it and just because a couple of users want to blame me for it doesn't mean that's the cause. Correlation not being Causation. I guess all those one-liner derp posts are common here too.

#113526 - 07/19/17 09:53 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: aerial_dc]
lady_aosoth Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: aerial_dc
It seems like many of the users here are sick of this place, as if there's somewhere else better to go for a Satanism message board. Is there? I've never seen another site I would even want to read, let alone adding content.

There have been. I really miss Circle of Descent. It had a lot of idiots, as with any active forum, but it was a great source for engaging in dialogue that the clearnet does not otherwise offer. One could always count on a lively debate. Been coming here for years as anonymous and registered user but it's never offered me a creative spark, which is what I seek. Dialogue is useful in gaining new perspective on one's own experiences but so often here I watch people attempt a discussion only to be mocked or referred to old threads. For me it's not an archive that is desired, but genuine conversation for the sake of introspection (even with people who don't share my experience or perspective).

Would love to see some links to other Satanic spaces, visible or dark.

#113529 - 07/19/17 11:02 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: lady_aosoth]
entropicmomentum Offline
pledge

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: lady_aosoth
I really miss Circle of Descent.

Me too.

#113530 - 07/19/17 11:32 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: entropicmomentum]
XiaoGui17 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Austin, TX
 Originally Posted By: entropicmomentum
I really miss Circle of Descent.

Me too.

Hear, hear.

And fuck the one line rule.

#113534 - 07/20/17 02:28 AM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: lady_aosoth]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
I really miss Circle of Descent...

... a creative spark, which is what I seek.

Dialogue is useful in gaining new perspective on one's own experiences but so often here I watch people attempt a discussion only to be mocked...

You know what? You, Niners, are fucking stupid. All of you, without even one exception. More so, you're stupid by nature. So irrevocably stupid that no amount of herbs, rituals, secret tasks and forums is going to make you any wiser. You will always remain stupid and... blind.

#113535 - 07/20/17 08:24 AM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: lady_aosoth]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

If only the internet can give rise to entertaining dialogue I just might to start wondering what a boring life is being lived.

A breath of fresh air and new friends just might be in high order.

#113536 - 07/20/17 09:11 AM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: lady_aosoth]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: LA
Been coming here for years as anonymous and registered user but it's never offered me a creative spark, which is what I seek

Creative in what way? There's nothing new under the sun. What's been written here, has been written elsewhere; including CoD. I don't go looking for creativity on forums, I typically find that in my own head upon introspect.

While introspect can be forced by Internet butthurt, it's not the only source of it.

#113538 - 07/20/17 11:10 AM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: SIN3]
Czereda Offline

Plenty of things can indeed serve as a source of inspiration but here we are talking about the forum discussions. They can sometimes make you entertain ideas you didn't think of before, that is if you want a real discussion not just a "polite and respectful exchange of personal views." In the case of the latter you (the general you) can't really see whether your ideas are defendable and whether you can handle opposing arguments and a little bit of emotional pressure, which doesn't have to entail the feeling of butthurt. This is rather obvious so you don't have to have a separate network where this will be spelled out to you with the help of flashcards and diagrams. If you want a little intellectual challenge, you can have it everywhere. If you are not the type of the person who likes to be questioned and question others, then every place will be dull for you.

Both the ONA circle jerk and the 600 Club can be no less entertaining than oh so much missed CoD although LA doesn't seem to understand what kind of entertainment it is that she's actually missing.

#113546 - 07/20/17 03:34 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: Czereda]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

I suppose that depends on your personal agenda. I'm sure quite a few users here go looking for engaging and intellectual discussion; only to click off - mighty disappointed.

We banter here. There's mixed feelings about it. Forums don't always have to be a source of merited opinions and perspectives. It's often the only form of socialization Misanthropes enjoy. Think about it, the 'usual suspects' are pretty much all here, accounted for.

#113548 - 07/20/17 05:06 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: SIN3]
Czereda Offline

Originally Posted By: SIN3
I'm sure quite a few users here go looking for engaging and intellectual discussion; only to click off - mighty disappointed.

Perhaps but it's mockery and rudeness she was complaining about.

Quote:
It's often the only form of socialization Misanthropes enjoy. Think about it, the 'usual suspects' are pretty much all here, accounted for.

This is why I wrote she was blind.

#113549 - 07/20/17 05:23 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: SIN3]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
We banter here. There's mixed feelings about it. Forums don't always have to be a source of merited opinions and perspectives. It's often the only form of socialization Misanthropes enjoy. Think about it, the 'usual suspects' are pretty much all here, accounted for.

Scholarly discourse would get pretty dull without an occasional food fight to liven things up. You wouldn't be nearly as much fun if you were only as smart as you are without also being a bitch now and then.

Originally Posted By: Anton LaVey to M.A.A. 9/13/69
I’ve been accused of having a jaded, Machiavellian sense of humor, and I suppose I do. As one reporter once wrote when commenting on various props in my house which are obviously there for fun: “A grim sorcerer would be unbearable.” I agree, even though I realize there is a time for decorum and a time for letting one’s hair down; and I am a near fanatic when it comes to separating the two.

#113550 - 07/20/17 05:27 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

So I throw the F bomb, and I'm a bitch. But you do it, and it's gentlemanly. Gotcha. You're a funny guy. You make me chuckle on the regular. I just imagine you with a smirk on your face, stroking your brows as you typed that. \:\)

Edited by SIN3 (07/20/17 05:28 PM)
Edit Reason: for the shiggles and giggles

#113558 - 07/20/17 11:26 PM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: SIN3]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
So I throw the F bomb, and I'm a bitch. But you do it, and it's gentlemanly. Gotcha. \:\)

You should have heard even my casual speech after a year in the Southeast Asian wars. It was impossible to get so much as a sentence out without the F-word in it somewhere: "Please pass the fucking salt.", etc.

To be sure, there are situations in which nothing else seems quite adequate, as in the last words of the Mayor of Hiroshima: "What the fuck was that?"

But I don't award you bichiness credentials just because you indulge in that word occasionally. That would just indicate a certain lack of expressive versatility. There was a character in The Deer Hunter whose only response to anything anyone else said, no matter what it was, was "Fuckin-A".

No, it takes genuine artistry and style to be a consummate Bitch. In Nelson DeMille's novel The General's Daughter, CID Chief Warrant Officer Paul Brenner finds himself assigned to work with Warrant Officer Sarah Sunhill, with whom he had had an unpleasantly-ending affair previously. At one point in the story he asks her to go by the PX and pick up some overnight items for him - shirt, toothpaste, etc. including "Jockey shorts size Medium."

Some time later in his BOQ room he goes through the shopping bag. "The Jockey shorts were size Small. Wpmen can be petty."

#113566 - 07/21/17 11:46 AM Re: The 600 Club State OF The Union [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: MA
At one point in the story he asks her to go by the PX and pick up some overnight items for him - shirt, toothpaste, etc. including "Jockey shorts size Medium."

Some time later in his BOQ room he goes through the shopping bag. "The Jockey shorts were size Small.

The character actually going to the PX to buy said items, seems an aim at Paul Brenner as well as painting the characterization of Sarah Sunhill. She went instead of telling him to do his own shopping. She's bitter about it. The idea that their was a personal relationship is exploited by Paul, which is why he asks her to run the errand.

It may be a fool's errand to reply to some discussions but I wouldn't consider myself running your errands nor bitter about it. Self-responsibility and all that.

No, instead a more fitting analogy may this.

Page 3 of 18 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.