Page 5 of 5 <12345
Topic Options
#112776 - 05/12/17 09:00 PM Re: Islamic Incest [Re: Czereda]
ShadowLover Offline

Loc: Gold Coast, Australia
 Originally Posted By: SIN3
Consider how thousands, if not millions of people seemed devastated with Princess Diana died. I'm alien among people crying out, as if they knew her personally. Then all the memorial/mourning practices that followed. I don't know how much of that is influenced vs. instinctive. It's sure as shit weird though. Especially to me. That's not the same thing as empathizing with a close friend that lost their mother. I can empathize with my friend's suffering without feeling his pain. When it comes to strangers, especially 'celebrity' - I think it's a loss of what these people represent. Don't get me wrong, I can be bummed out (for a split second) that one of my favorite entertainers died but still not feel the loss, or a need to mourn them.[quote]

Yeah, celebrity deaths are interesting. Some people get so caught up in their lives that I think to them it does start to resemble a relationship of sorts and they do in fact mourn on some level. And for whatever reason, publicity for money making or social engineering, the media does its best to achieve the above scenario - to create the bond between the celebrity and average Joe.

Edited by ShadowLover (05/12/17 09:04 PM)

#112777 - 05/12/17 09:04 PM Re: Islamic Incest [Re: ShadowLover]
ShadowLover Offline

Loc: Gold Coast, Australia
 Originally Posted By: Czereda
Anger is also unhealthy. It's better to accept the unavoidable. There will come a day when me and you will also die so why shake one's fist at the sky?

I don't think anger is unhealthy - it is just another avenue to release emotions... like crying! Some people aren't good at crying. I actually spent more time crying when my son was first born - after you do that for a couple of months the tears just stop. They don't achieve anything.

When I felt angry after his death, it wasn't at the sky. I think it was just releasing emotions. Of course I didn't understand it at the time and directed it at all sorts of things - a couple of nurses, the woman who fucked my hair the day of the funeral, the funeral parlour for writing the wrong name on some flowers that I didn't remember ordering, the crematorium for stealing some of the flowers... Transference was definitely playing a part - It was all a blur and I was somewhat paranoid and felt angry at everyone that allegedly wronged my son. I think anger is where you go to release emotion when you can't cry. It is a normal stage in the grieving process...

#112783 - 05/13/17 01:13 AM Re: Islamic Incest [Re: ShadowLover]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
Perhaps, it's normal but I'm not feeling anger. It might depend on one's psychological wiring, dunno. I don't get upset or annoyed easily.

#112814 - 05/16/17 10:15 AM Re: Islamic Incest [Re: Czereda]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: Czereda
I think most people move on when their loved ones die sooner or later.

There appears to be more and more people hanging on to that mourn for years on end. Especially mothers that lose children (at any age) they can't seem to just move on from it. The death then becomes the defining feature of their lives.

Some psychologists say that it's for the attention it brings them, while others focus on the methods by which these folks maintain a sense of misery.

In my observations, it seems to the people that feel guilt or responsibility in their children's deaths.

How do people like that get over their guilt? I don't think they do. It just sits in there like a coiled serpent.

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.041 seconds of which 0.02 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.