Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#112542 - 04/26/17 11:26 AM Stealthing
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
Condom removal during sex (Stealthing) is being referred to as "Rape-Adjacent" in a recent Columbia Journal of Gender Law release [Vol. 37, #2, 2017] and is all a-buzz in the media.

Quote:
Nonconsensual condom removal during sexual intercourse exposes victims to physical risks of pregnancy and disease and, interviews make clear, is experienced by many as a grave violation of dignity and autonomy.

Much like efforts to have the unsolicited dick pic part of sexual harassment/assault law, this too could be prosecuted as a crime in the not to distant future. The terminology 'Rape-adjacent' is to give off Aires of an especially heinous crime.

Alexandra Brodsky asserts that this is an act of gender-based violence that may violate a number of civil and criminal laws. Her aim appears to be to create a specific vocabulary as it pertains to the experience which frames it as an act of violence vs. just having a sketchy sexual experience.

Thoughts as it pertains to Autonomy?

#112545 - 04/26/17 02:47 PM Re: Stealthing [Re: SIN3]
LoneWolf78 Offline

I have also seen reports of this. It also seems kind of an old hat revamped. My first thought was, "Why would any man want to do this?"

That, however, is because I remember women doing this trick for years to get knocked up and entrap a man.

#112546 - 04/26/17 03:03 PM Re: Stealthing [Re: SIN3]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Nomos (big N) as a sort of living entity or memeplex always tends toward self empowerment. More rules, more laws, more clutter until it eventually collapses in on itself. Sometimes it's easy to forget our little western bubble has only existed for a few hundred years; Rome lasted way longer.

So, to answer your question, while on this swing autonomy is progressively stifled, at least for those that tend toward the rules.

I would say it won't be too long now before the pendulum runs out of momentum and begins it's backswing.

#112547 - 04/26/17 04:00 PM Re: Stealthing [Re: Dan_Dread]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: DD
Rome lasted way longer.

In a way, the U.S. is just an emanation of Rome. Many people here still look to the last surviving golden hill for moral guidance.

Catholic Church/Papacy > Church of England > North America >

All the things once taboo become Nomos, rather than collapse they tend to come full circle. Only a small percentage now-a-days say Condom-use = Promiscuity/Immorality anymore. Now, everything aggressive is sexual assault and rape. Those that crave law and order also seek its protection. When it comes to autonomy, justifications for exploiting both for personal benefit seem rather common.

#112553 - 04/26/17 08:40 PM Re: Stealthing [Re: SIN3]
ShadowLover Offline

Loc: Gold Coast, Australia
It's a bit of a cunt act! Trust would be out the window... I mean if a bloke agrees to wear a condom to get in, and then purposely removes it without the girl's knowledge, he is as almost bad as a woman who assures a man she is on the pill but has neglected to take it for a month. ...Especially if he blows in her and doesn't know her cycle.

But agree... I'm tired of people trying to legislate absolutely everything. If lying about taking the pill or putting holes in condoms is not considered rape/non-consensual sex then I don't know why stealthing should be.

#112555 - 04/26/17 09:46 PM Re: Stealthing [Re: ShadowLover]
samowens84 Offline
pledge

Anton LaVey once said that it isnt very Satanic to take something against its will. Also, one of the Satanic rules of earth is do not make sexual advances unless given the mating signal. Some interpret it simplistically as if it means dont even talk to a women unless your sure they want to fuck you. I internalize it differently. My experience with sex is that it involves letting go and surrendering to pleasure dynamic that is directly related. Id argue that flirting is a way to see if there is a sexual dynamic between two people. Ove seen many guys act stupid and force the dynamic when its clear the person is not interested. I mean, theres no rule against being a fool, but i dont want to be. Besides, I have too much pride, and dignity (at least in this respect) to want to personally humiliate myself like that. However, i digress

Trust is essential to consider it a sexual act. Even with rape fantasies there are safewords that require that one partner trust that other will respect the rules. Guess what it is if the partner decides to ignore the safeword? Its rape. Its irrelavant whether they had originally consented to sex.

As I understand it this is an obvious example of a kind of sexual assault. Assault is a pretty broad legal term, and may be simply defined as unwelcome physical contact, and the degree of injury is not pertinent to the violation. I would argue that this need not be legislated, as sexual assault is already illegal.

Personally, absent legal recourse I think that the woman has a right to castrate the sexually entitled prick, but thats just me.

Edited by samowens84 (04/26/17 10:33 PM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.