Azrael999 Offline
Banned
pledge

I heart vagina's.

#114457 - 09/22/17 07:42 PM Re: Satanic breeding rituals? [Re: TonyRosie]
Azrael999 Offline
Banned
pledge

Read the newspaper backwards. beat your dick three times and chant theres no place like home three times, Homes.

Edited by Azrael999 (09/22/17 07:43 PM)

#114924 - 10/24/17 11:11 AM Satanic Breeding Rituals- Sun and Moon [Re: FemaleSatan]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
@Female Satan: I went re-reading through this, I can see how I was being arrogant and defensive. I agree, Sataic is what it is regardless of gender.

@SIN: Its all in respect to particular dynamic and roles, some are neutral and some are gender specific. Everyone has roles to play in the social construct. I am curious though, it seems the moon and the sun are almost always split into genders the world over. The Moon is often female, The Sun male, or sometimes a neutral god dominated by The Sun.

#114939 - 10/24/17 06:42 PM Re: Satanic Breeding Rituals- Sun and Moon [Re: Creatura Noptii]
ShadowLover Offline

Loc: Gold Coast, Australia
CN, with the attempt of different groups to make it illegal to use an incorrect pronouns, (you know, for when you assume a person with tits is a she but it identifies as a he), I wonder how gender assuming of inanimate objects will play out.

I remember learning German in high school, and how they had three genders. A pen was male, chalk was female, and some objects (I can't remember one now) were a third gender. But everything had a gender. In English for the most part we have he, she and it, or his, hers and its.

I think the moon is considered female because it moves water, and water is symbolic of emotion. I'm not sure why they name most cyclones and tornadoes after women (perhaps because they call nature a mother). Although winter is apparently and old man.

I guess it really comes down to whether or not you are an Atheist. Or, if you believe energy can have a consciousness and inanimate things can have a presence and personality. I know some people who name and talk to their cars.

#114952 - 10/25/17 10:59 AM Re: Satanic Breeding Rituals- Sun and Moon [Re: ShadowLover]
Creatura Noptii Offline

SL: It's probably a hard wired dynamic. I know women refer to their cars as 'she' sometimes. My guess, it evolved from men and mechanics who fix and build their machines. Its a man's role to provide for a woman, so it might be instinct.

Far as language goes, I don't know exactly where the male female dynamic played out. Once a femenist tried arguing that romance languages were sexist because of the dynamic. I told her sure, it has nothing to do with respect for beauty or aesthetics, it has everything to do with opressing women. I was being sarcastic, but she agreed. I actually had to explain what I was talking about. These differences didn't evolve because men were supressing women, so much as people identify feminine and masculine through aesthetic interest. Naturally without some agenda, so to speak.

Well I know in Canada people are trying to pass a bill to make such a thing as 'compelled speech' where you face hefty fines of several hundred dollars if you don't use those pronouns. It seems each generation is more immature than the last, and after all the recessions and internet frenzy, people are going very tribal. When things get hard people tend to get that way, political and socially nuts.

As for Earth, it is 'mother,' in the sense that it is a nurturing provider, as if to say we are its children. Why not father? I don't know.

Don't know if you noticed, but I like the moon. A lot.

Edited by Creatura Noptii (10/25/17 10:59 AM)

#115087 - 11/04/17 03:07 PM Re: Satanic Breeding Rituals- Sun and Moon [Re: Creatura Noptii]
fiendish Offline

So you like the moon. A lot. Are you gonna change into a werewolf or what? Are you a complete asshole?

#115088 - 11/04/17 03:20 PM Re: Satanic Breeding Rituals- Sun and Moon [Re: ShadowLover]
fiendish Offline

Well, that thing you said about tits kind of turned me on. Anyways, cyclones and tornadoes are named after women because they usually do the same mess. Even though you may eventually recover from a cyclone or a tornado.

#115095 - 11/05/17 01:21 AM Re: Satanic Breeding Rituals- Sun and Moon [Re: fiendish]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Werewolves are my kind of monster. Brain dead zombies are over rated.

Edited by Creatura Noptii (11/05/17 01:25 AM)

#115108 - 11/05/17 11:06 PM Re: Satanic Breeding Rituals- Sun and Moon [Re: fiendish]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:
So you like the moon. A lot. Are you gonna change into a werewolf or what? Are you a complete asshole?

Are you? Cause the last few things you posted are senseless bullshit more fitted to Face Book.

#115110 - 11/06/17 09:02 AM Re: Satanic Breeding Rituals- Sun and Moon [Re: Creatura Noptii]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: Creatura Noptii

@SIN: Its all in respect to particular dynamic and roles, some are neutral and some are gender specific. Everyone has roles to play in the social construct. I am curious though, it seems the moon and the sun are almost always split into genders the world over. The Moon is often female, The Sun male, or sometimes a neutral god dominated by The Sun.

It depends on the culture. There are several (such as those of Japan) where the roles are reversed. The Moon is male and the Sun is female. It's not really that much of a mystery really. We've just been raised in a postmodern world. The calendar set, (as well as changed) applied and living by the clock. In previous centuries you had to follow the cycles of the Sun and Moon. Especially for growing. In my decade long journey into raising a vegetable garden that produces, I can tell you the Farmer's Almanac is very handy in that regard.

Especially for the cycles of the Sun/Moon and weather trends. Consider also, at the cradle of civilization (Sumer) the basis for those poetic sonnets were in relation to cultivating, farming, and the role of the environment in every day life.

Imagine trying to understand why women menstruate according to the lunar cycle in prehistory. Imagine the gestation period of child rearing and the 'miracle' of life in general.

Fucking Hell, all world religions are based upon it. Including those we call non-religious. As if that categorization changes things. Heh

#115145 - 11/09/17 06:45 PM Re: Satanic Breeding Rituals- Sun and Moon [Re: SIN3]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Closer to home, there is also Germanic/Nordic mythology, where the sun is a goddess (Sunna) and the moon is a god (Mani).

The gender binary of Western alchemy (Mercury = Male, Sulphur = Female) is also curiously the reverse of its own antecedent in Arabic alchemy (Mercury = Female, Sulphur = Male).

Gendered nouns are also interesting to consider in non-english languages. An essay I once read on the subject mentioned that surveyed Germans who usually envisioned the archetypal "bridge" (die Brücke, female) as being long, graceful, and generally ladylike--while the French tended to conceive of their own ur-bridge (Le Pont, male) with descriptions such as "masculine", "strong", and "sturdy". (Hopefully I can find the original source, as I remember it going into greater detail with other comparisons...)

#115151 - 11/10/17 02:36 PM Re: Satanic Breeding Rituals- Sun and Moon [Re: The Zebu]
fiendish Offline

Well, there's not really a reverse of roles, only a different conception of symbols. You could easily use gender roles as a constant to more efficiently interpret the use of symbols in a religion or a community. Not the other way around.

#115157 - 11/11/17 08:25 PM Re: Satanic Breeding Rituals- Sun and Moon [Re: fiendish]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Originally Posted By: SIN3
In my decade long journey into raising a vegetable garden that produces, I can tell you the Farmer's Almanac is very handy in that regard.

Especially for the cycles of the Sun/Moon and weather trends. Consider also, at the cradle of civilization (Sumer) the basis for those poetic sonnets were in relation to cultivating, farming, and the role of the environment in every day life.

Why a whole decade? Was it bad soil? This is one reason I'll never live in the middle of the city. I enjoy growing things in in the summer if I can. Perhaps the soil here is good for it, though it aslo matters to what you are trying to grow.

Did you notice moon cycles affecting growth and production?

#115182 - 11/15/17 10:21 AM Re: Satanic Breeding Rituals- Sun and Moon [Re: Creatura Noptii]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
Yes, long story about the soil quality. I basically had to become a dirt farmer. When I didn't follow the planting advice in the Almanac, bad germination. Could just be a coincidence. I'm not really certain. Farmers often intuit a lot of this stuff. I live in a partial agricultural zone, so it's not really 'urban' per se. This area is below sea level and mostly swamp. You get a lot of clay, fill dirt and sand. Top soil gets pounded and drains off by the rain and hurricane season.

#115218 - 11/17/17 01:07 PM Re: Satanic Breeding Rituals- Sun and Moon [Re: SIN3]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Can't say I have any advice since I've never been to Virginia, but here we get some flooding in the Winter and Spring, but I always welcome it because its usually gone by the time I start planting, and it just means there is a good deal of moisture in the ground, but then again, the soil doesn't wash away either. We don't get hurricanes but there have been fires recently. From time to time I've used manure and calcium, but not much else. Though here it is mostly wetland in this part of the state. The rest is desert.

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.