Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#113364 - 07/07/17 01:56 PM Order of the Serpent new statement
XeperaEmSet Offline
pledge

The Order of the Serpent (O.S.) is an esoteric school of the Western Left Hand Path comprised of unique individuals and philosopher-Magicians, dedicated to the study and practice of Self-Directed Self-Evolution (also known as Xeper, Black Magic, or other terms), and the accumulation and preservation of the knowledge and undefiled wisdom of the Prince of Darkness. The focus of the O.S. is the Individual Self, both as in personal development and the concept or Form of the Individual Self. The O.S. founders believe that we all have individual hidden truths within ourselves, and our goal is to uncover, and ultimately become the perfect manifestation of these truths.

The O.S. is rooted in extreme individualism, and its members are capable of working with a concept and forming their own thoughts, ideas, and understanding of them. Discussion and rational debate is both welcome and encouraged. Those involved are capable of forming their own belief systems, tables of correspondences, tools of initiation, forging their own path. Unlike most other metaphysical ideologies which seek to dissolve the self, subjugate it to questionable beings, or even deny its existence by reducing it to pure matter, the O.S. seeks to increase its own freedom of Mind and Will, and that of others. It recognizes the Self, the one thing each being can truly know exists, as the center of reasoning, as well as central to society. Rather seeing humans as deterministic slaves, fallen beings in need of saving, or creatures meant to serve the State, the Order believes that Self-Actualization at the individual level is the key to human advancement. In a world where humans are little more than statistics, the Order of the Serpent recognizes that all change, as well as all knowledge begins with the individual Self.

Unlike a symbolic occult organization, some sort of statement, or simply a self-help group, the O.S. is an esoteric organization, founded upon the metaphysical position that there is something beyond the simple world of matter and psychology. Whether the creator God of the West, the mindless Nature of materialism, or flowing path of the East, the Order of the Serpent recognizes these as one in the same, an order imposed upon chaos that underlies, creates, and drives the entire cosmos. The difference with the Esoteric Western Left Hand Path, the O.S. included, is that we do not accept that this order is complete, wholly deterministic, or even necessarily “good.” It is what leads to cancer and depression, starvation and war, whether it allows this to happen, determines it, or is un-intelligent and cannot do otherwise. In the individual though, we have free will, the ability to go against this Natural Order or malevolent God. This ability has been demonized, described as an illusion, or even completely ignored specifically because it can go against Nature/God, which is why “self-directed self-evolution” has been associated with “black magic” for so long in Western society.

More specifically, the Order of the Serpent is founded in its own metaphysical view of Neo-Platonism. The founders accept the objective existence of the Realm of Forms, which is separated into Simple Forms (which cannot partake in themselves, such as “Pointedness), and Complex Forms (which partake in themselves, such as consciousness or knowledge). The Complex Forms, being abstract, necessary, non-spacial, non-temporal, and so forth, yet also conscious, self-aware, and knowledgeable, are indistinguishable from traditional polytheistic gods. Indeed, “gods” are more simply seen as a perversion of Complex Forms, a misunderstanding. While there is no central “god-head” within the Order, there is a certain henotheistic focus on Forms of Consciousness, Inspiration, Art, Intoxication, Self-Awareness, Knowledge, and so forth.

The name for the Order of the Serpent comes from the Northern Circumpolar Stars, specifically the massive constellation Draco, which never sets below the horizon. To the earliest human religions, these were seen as being free from the cycle of the moon, sun, planets, and even constellations and stars. Separate from the ebb and flow of Nature/”God”, those associated with the Imperishable Stars were free to permanently exist, to forge their own path free from such cycles. It was only later on that world religion began to dissolve into its current Solar form. The Order of the Serpent hopes to remanifest this ancient, Pre-Solar metaphysics in the modern day - within the 21st century.

The insignia of the Order is a Pentagram, representing that point of inner-consciousness where the individual Self exists. The Pentagram is within a circle representing the physical shell of the Self, but the points of the Pentagram do not touch this circle, symbolizing the continued separation between Self and Body. The separation of the metaphysical (Pentagram) from the physical (circle) as elements independent and distinct from one another. Stemming from this Pentagram are five symbols, from Norse, Sumerian, Egyptian, Chinese, and an ouroboros as a stylized O. It is meant to represent the diversity of interests within the O.S., we are not simply a Setian, Thelemic, Asatru, Hermetic, Luciferian/Satanic, or any single approach, but a place for such individuals to help each other grow, and help share useful information.

The Order of the Serpent provides such resources currently as the Library of the Ancient Serpent, the O.S. forums, and the Order newsletter "The Imperishable Star". The forum is meant to provide a Left Hand Path online community focused on rational, esoteric discussion. The Imperishable Star provides essays written by members in order to share esoteric knowledge with the outside world. Both are open and free to all.

For more info you can visit our site, though I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post to other forums yet. Please feel free to ask any questions.

#113368 - 07/07/17 04:41 PM Re: Order of the Serpent new statement [Re: XeperaEmSet]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: CA
 Quote:
Please feel free to ask any questions

Like sci-fi nerd pointing out continuity errors.

Quote:
The O.S. founders believe that we all have individual hidden truths within ourselves, and our goal is to uncover, and ultimately become the perfect manifestation of these truths.

Would you categorize this along Jungian lines of the dismantling of the internal wall between the conscious self and the shadow?

Quote:
Unlike most other metaphysical ideologies which seek to dissolve the self, subjugate it to questionable beings, or even deny its existence by reducing it to pure matter, the O.S. seeks to increase its own freedom of Mind and Will, and that of others. It recognizes the Self, the one thing each being can truly know exists, as the center of reasoning, as well as central to society. Rather seeing humans as deterministic slaves, fallen beings in need of saving, or creatures meant to serve the State, the Order believes that Self-Actualization at the individual level is the key to human advancement

What are the steps between "Know thyself" and "human advancement"? 

You need a certain amount of Goose-stepping followers all parroting the same thing before it becomes "a new type of people" leading to societal change.

Can that be achieved through diversity of belief?

To be fair, I would enjoy that world of accountability/responsibility, but I won't hold my breath.

Quote:
Unlike a symbolic occult organization, some sort of statement, or simply a self-help group, the O.S. is an esoteric organization, founded upon the metaphysical position that there is something beyond the simple world of matter and psychology. Whether the creator God of the West, the mindless Nature of materialism, or flowing path of the East, the Order of the Serpent recognizes these as one in the same, an order imposed upon chaos that underlies, creates, and drives the entire cosmos.

Like The Great Architect of The Universe? The Acausal Universe? A likely occurance that gets subjectively relegated to either side of a roaming spectrum?

Quote:
The difference with the Esoteric Western Left Hand Path, the O.S. included, is that we do not accept that this order is complete, wholly deterministic, or even necessarily “good.” It is what leads to cancer and depression, starvation and war, whether it allows this to happen, determines it, or is un-intelligent and cannot do otherwise. In the individual though, we have free will, the ability to go against this Natural Order or malevolent God.

To go against the natural order, or put yourself in a better position to deal with it?

Is it separate or is it the ebb and flow of the regulators swinging pendulum itself?

I can't find room for separation in this non-dual conception. Can it ever be anything more than a reaction to events with a limited number of options?

Quote:
While there is no central “god-head” within the Order, there is a certain henotheistic focus on Forms of Consciousness, Inspiration, Art, Intoxication, Self-Awareness, Knowledge, and so forth.

Are these like Jungian archetypes in their existence?

Quote:
The insignia of the Order is a Pentagram, representing that point of inner-consciousness where the individual Self exists.

Why the decision to invert the Pentagram?

I only ask because you say there is something beyond the simple world of matter and psychology.

#113369 - 07/07/17 06:59 PM Re: Order of the Serpent new statement [Re: CanisMachina42]
XeperaEmSet Offline
pledge

@Canismachina42

1. Would you categorize this along Jungian lines of the dismantling of the internal wall between the conscious self and the shadow?

In a sense yes, absolutely. There are many ways it could be taken, whether metaphysically or otherwise, and I definitely think the Jungian view is valid.

2. What are the steps between “Know Thyself” and human advancement?

That is a great question that was not really explored (the O.S. takes feedback and is already addressing some issues with the statement as we speak). I think that an important starting place would be the work of Abraham Maslow, with his hierarchy of needs. Maslow was a psychologist who believed we needed to follow this pyramid upwards to “self-actualization.” Along the journey to self-actualization we need to secure food and shelter, community and love, success and advancement, until at the end we can become “gods,” or perfect versions of ourselves. Supermen, perhaps. Through this process we are encouraged to work together as a species, and to work towards better horizons such as through scientific advancement.

3. How can the O.S. achieve its goals without creating a goose-stepping “new group” of people?

I do not believe that the O.S would even be compatible with fascism, we would rather have the suffering that comes with free will than some mindless, fascist state. We do not want people that simply parrot things, we explicitly desire fresh ideas. For example, one of the first applicants quickly introduced me to the philosophy of mathematics, which I have now been pursuing. I’d never really cared less about math before!

4. Like the GAOTU, Acausal Universe, subjective roaming spectrum?

Those things we see as the same “monstrous” force, yes – the villainous beast of Chaoskapf mythologies. It is the conscious self which is the hero of such hero tails, set against the overbearing force of Allah/YHWH/the Tao/Brahman/the Acausal universe. (Although the Acasual universe may be a bit different, that would be worth discussing IMO.)

5. Against the order, or in a better position to deal with it?

I would say both, for sure in my case, though it would vary among members. The ebb and flow of the pendulum is all the same beast, we wish to stand beside the pendulum.

6. Like Jungian Archetypes?

Yes, that view would absolutely work in my opinion.

7. Why invert the Pentagram?

My reasoning personally, is that the point goes inwards, symbolizing the inner strength of the conscious self. It also is a more balanced shape, able to stand on a single point rather than relying on two legs.

#113370 - 07/07/17 07:56 PM Re: Order of the Serpent new statement [Re: XeperaEmSet]
fiendish Offline

Is there something beyond the simple world of matter and psychology? Maybe because it's quite complex and not simple at all? I wouldn't say no to a different approach if it involved something new. If just repeating things already known , then it would have been in a way manipulative.

#113376 - 07/08/17 08:26 PM Re: Order of the Serpent new statement [Re: fiendish]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I remember when transformers was popular in the 80s, you know, the first time, when it was good, before Micheal bay ruined it.

Anyway there was this cheap knockoff called go-bots. Any kid that opened a present Christmas morning and got a suck ass, cheaply made go-bot instead of a transformer was sure to let out a disappointed sigh.

...sigh.

#113398 - 07/10/17 04:26 PM Re: Order of the Serpent new statement [Re: XeperaEmSet]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Should the contradictory point of "extreme individualism" in the form of an "order" be pointed out?

Here I was thinking individuality and all that it compromises into the extreme is singularity. Not gangbanging on a merry-go-round of philosophical obstufication to the extend of clueless agreement and smiles.

Go fuck yourself.

#117269 - 10/23/18 04:53 PM Re: Order of the Serpent new statement [Re: Dimitri]
Zenarith Offline
stranger

Loc: Halifax, NS, Canada

This is an interesting preposition for me... I do know a lot about spirituality and would learn a lot in this group...

However, everything has a price, and I don't know if I'm committed enough for that right now...

In several more months I might check it out.

#118955 - 03/21/19 01:02 PM Re: Order of the Serpent new statement [Re: Dan_Dread]
XiaoGui17 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Austin, TX
 Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
I remember when transformers was popular in the 80s, you know, the first time, when it was good, before Micheal bay ruined it.

Anyway there was this cheap knockoff called go-bots.
Not a "knock-off."

The Machine Robo toy line (marketed and animated as Go-bots in North America) actually predates Transformers.

It's like Hydrox vs. Oreos. The former may be an inferior product, but it is the original.

#118956 - 03/21/19 03:03 PM Re: Order of the Serpent new statement [Re: XiaoGui17]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Go make me a sandwich.

#118957 - 03/21/19 03:11 PM Re: Order of the Serpent new statement [Re: Dan_Dread]
samowens84 Offline

Go make me a sandwich.

Make it yourself lol.

#118958 - 03/21/19 03:14 PM Re: Order of the Serpent new statement [Re: Dan_Dread]
XiaoGui17 Offline
veteran member

#118959 - 03/21/19 03:21 PM Re: Order of the Serpent new statement [Re: XiaoGui17]
samowens84 Offline

Originally Posted By: XiaoGui17

Why is it this meme reminds me of that scene from spinal tap?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dAargSCXQaQ

Lol

#119014 - 04/02/19 02:24 PM Re: Order of the Serpent new statement [Re: samowens84]
XiaoGui17 Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: samowens84
Go make me a sandwich.
Make it yourself lol.

#119042 - 04/07/19 09:43 AM Re: Order of the Serpent new statement [Re: Dan_Dread]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville

Anyway there was this cheap knockoff called go-bots. Any kid that opened a present Christmas morning and got a suck ass, cheaply made go-bot instead of a transformer was sure to let out a disappointed sigh.

...sigh.

I get where you're coming from - awakening to who you have been all along vs. becoming more than you were before (transforming). You're clearly not of the transformer mindset and that's cool, but it seems to me that either approach can get you closer to point B - self actualization.

#119044 - 04/07/19 09:55 AM Re: Order of the Serpent new statement [Re: Dimitri]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
 Originally Posted By: Dimitri
Should the contradictory point of "extreme individualism" in the form of an "order" be pointed out?

Here I was thinking individuality and all that it compromises into the extreme is singularity. Not gangbanging on a merry-go-round of philosophical obstufication to the extend of clueless agreement and smiles.

Go fuck yourself.

An order is simply a group that thinks somewhat along the same lines. I suspect that the OS, like the 600C, welcomes a variety of ideas as long as they don't extend into the ridiculous (Jesus will save you if you turn from your evil ways) or constitute trolling. There's plenty of room for extreme individualism within that framework.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.035 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.