Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#11457 - 09/14/08 06:20 AM Re: The Large Hadron Collider [Re: DistroyA]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
They have only started testing DistroyA, they haven't actually smashed any protons yet, that's a couple of weeks away still.

Zeph

#11470 - 09/15/08 09:26 AM Re: The Large Hadron Collider [Re: ZephyrGirl]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
 Originally Posted By: ZephyrGirl
They have only started testing DistroyA, they haven't actually smashed any protons yet, that's a couple of weeks away still.

Zeph
Whichever. It's still all good to have a laugh about it, rather than get panicky over it like I have done. ;\)

#11476 - 09/15/08 06:40 PM Re: The Large Hadron Collider [Re: DistroyA]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

HAARP is a much scarier project with worse possible uses and/or repercussions... Why has the weather changed since HAARP started playing?

~T~

Shhhhh there is nothing to see here... Pay me no mind...

#11496 - 09/16/08 04:22 AM Re: The Large Hadron Collider [Re: ta2zz]
DistroyA Offline

Originally Posted By: ta2zz

HAARP is a much scarier project with worse possible uses and/or repercussions... Why has the weather changed since HAARP started playing?

~T~

Shhhhh there is nothing to see here... Pay me no mind...
Okay, I skimmed through an article on the HAARP project, and I didn't see anything to do with the weather on it. All I saw was the fact that it's designed to research communication frequencies. Unless I'm not looking in the right places of course... =S

#11649 - 09/20/08 09:47 AM Good News For DistroyA [Re: DistroyA]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
The world's largest atom smasher -- which was launched with great fanfare earlier this month -- is more badly damaged than previously thought and will be out of commission for at least two months, its operators said Saturday.

Full article on CNN

#11662 - 09/20/08 06:20 PM Re: Good News For DistroyA [Re: Nemesis]
DistroyA Offline

Yeah, I've read about it through a friend of mine.

I'm now hoping they can get it repaired quick enough so we can see results of the experiments sooner, rather than later.

#11676 - 09/21/08 12:18 AM Re: Good News For DistroyA [Re: DistroyA]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Damn it the end of the world has been put off a couple of months... Do micro black holes melt electrical connections?

~T~

P.S. In answer to your last question... How could heating up the ionosphere change the weather...

#11713 - 09/21/08 08:05 PM Re: Good News For DistroyA [Re: ta2zz]
DistroyA Offline

Originally Posted By: ta2zz
P.S. In answer to your last question... How could heating up the ionosphere change the weather...
Like my mind could comprehend that sort of thing. If anything, I don't think I was very good at Physics, but there ya go. Then again, even though science intrigues and fascinates me, I've never been very good at it. It's one of my weaker areas of knowledge.

#11815 - 09/25/08 02:29 PM Re: Good News For DistroyA [Re: DistroyA]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:

I think I can answer on this part. The ionosphere is a sphere around the earth that reflects some of the radio golves from the sun/earth. But as far as I know the ionosphere has no influence on our weather... Maybe you made a mistake and it is some other sphere around the earth.

#12239 - 10/05/08 06:08 PM Re: The Large Hadron Collider [Re: DistroyA]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

While reading my email I noticed I was sent this...

... Black holes are spoken of as scientific facts and it is routinely claimed that they have been detected at the centres of galaxies. Images of black holes having their wicked ways with surrounding matter are routinely included with reports of them. Some physicists even claim that black holes will be created in particle accelerators, such as the Large Hadron Collider, potentially able to swallow the Earth. Despite the assertions of the astronomers and astrophysicists, nobody has ever found a black hole, anywhere, let alone "imaged" one. ...

I thought of this thread and felt the need to share the link...

The Black Hole Catastrophe and the Collapse of Spacetime

Enjoy

~T~

#12242 - 10/05/08 06:58 PM Re: The Large Hadron Collider [Re: ta2zz]
Fabiano Offline

I think there is a big difference between black hole as they exists in the universe or galaxies and the one that could pop up in the LHC.

The first result could result of the death of the massive star. There is a very big amount of matter.
The second will be so tiny that they will have few chance to interract with the surrounding matter. The matter consisty mainly in void, empty space. There so few matter in this kind of black hole that as soon as the particles "mutate" the black hole loses energy and finish by just vanishing.
Nothing is eternal, not even black holes...

Edited by Fabiano (10/05/08 06:59 PM)

#12247 - 10/05/08 07:36 PM Re: The Large Hadron Collider [Re: Fabiano]
DistroyA Offline

Thing is, I've read up that Black Holes can only suck in matter that is relative to it's size, and that micro variants will dissolve due to them not being able to retain themselves (Or something along those lines anyway...). The possibility of one consuming the Earth is quite small. So small that it's hardly visible.

Yes, I've changed my tune drastically since my first post on this thread. But I've been educated since then. =P

Edited by DistroyA (10/05/08 07:37 PM)

#12248 - 10/05/08 08:22 PM Re: The Large Hadron Collider [Re: DistroyA]
Fabiano Offline

Yep! Less ignorance, less stupidity, less pain \:D

Like this we go down the road...

Cheers,

Fabiano

#12320 - 10/07/08 02:59 PM Re: The Large Hadron Collider [Re: Fabiano]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Despite the assertions of the astronomers and astrophysicists, nobody has ever found a black hole, anywhere, let alone "imaged" one. ...

Is this site you have the text from a bit outdated?
In the world of astronomers it is wideley known that in the center of our galaxy there is a black hole. Black holes can be found if you look closely at the stars. It is known that not even light can escape from it. If you are photographing a star and notice for a certain period of time the light is "bended" or dissapeared for a while while other stars still shine bright, you can say you may have found a black hole.

#12332 - 10/07/08 07:43 PM Re: The Large Hadron Collider [Re: Dimitri]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
In the world of astronomers it is wideley known that in the center of our galaxy there is a black hole. Black holes can be found if you look closely at the stars. It is known that not even light can escape from it. If you are photographing a star and notice for a certain period of time the light is "bended" or dissapeared for a while while other stars still shine bright, you can say you may have found a black hole.

More likely a planet…

Dare to think outside of the box for one minute…

http://www.thunderbolts.info/thunderblogs/guest.htm also seen before as The Black Hole Catastrophe and the Collapse of Spacetime is a link to the article… This is a step towards understanding how this forums code works… I might also point out that it is better to reply to the person you are speaking not just quick reply to the last person in the thread…

No it is not old it is dated September 30th 2008… Perhaps reading the article you may understand that it speaks out about the fact that the modern scientific community is run by money not information… Black holes have never been seen or proven period… In fact according to this article and the math provided it is not a possibility using the theory of relativity or physics that a black hole can exist… This is why science has to make extraordinary claims about unknown states of matter to make them feasible…

One can follow the lead sheep right over the cliff or one can read the facts and draw their own conclusion…

I would say more but this deserves its own thread…

~T~

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.