Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#114378 - 09/18/17 05:30 PM Re: T-Fields [Re: Phoenician]
Kori Houghton Offline
pledge

Loc: East Coast USA
 Originally Posted By: Phoenician
But I'll dumb it down for YOU: Prove to me you can leave your brain, e.g. you can exist separate from neurological functioning of said brain..

Truly leave yourself, show that represented by a ceasing of functioning in all parts of your brain associated with concsious or unconcsious thought (including that associated with REM sleep) and I'll believe you.

Good luck with getting any "proof".

In a similar discussion years ago in the LHP section of Religious Forums, I asked a few of Aquino's fans who were expounding upon this belief to offer just a single name of a known person whose consciousness had survived their physical body. With one exception: the person could not be someone mentioned in an ancient Egyptian text. The proof I got was being reported to the forums mods for attempting to debate an article of someone's religious beliefs, a no-no there.

To get a better flavor of the wingnuttyness of this belief, you need to read some actual TOS texts about members contacting the dead: sharing their living bodies (including the brain, I assume?) with the departed, offering them a vehicle for "remanifestation" in the present.

Step right up, ladies and gentlemen! Two isolate intelligences in one brain is a path to personal Godhood. Hurrah hurrah hurrah!

#114379 - 09/18/17 08:40 PM Re: T-Fields [Re: Kori Houghton]
Dark Light 444 Offline
pledge

No proof is needed, therefore none is given. Proof is a personal thing. You don't need science or anyone else telling you what you know. In fact, to turn the whole metaphysical question into a fact finding mission will always prove futile. Somethings are just better left unexplained. Why need actual words to figure this stuff out? I'm sincerely baffled at the laziness on display here.
I'm a fan of Aquino, based mostly on his mastery of description as per his experience. It's truly wonderful! But no more so than any other of the great minds that I happen to "be into" (I sound like a hippie).
Any way, there is an incessant need for proof, and that is great. I truly applaud you guys for at least being passionate enough to look for that. I think we are at an impasse. Definitely some very different belief systems at play here.

#114381 - 09/19/17 12:08 AM Re: T-Fields [Re: Dark Light 444]
Phoenician Offline
pledge

Loc: CA
Once more: Lol, really?

First:

Quote:
faith has nothing to do with it

Then:

Quote:
You don't need science or anyone else telling you what you know.

Obviously.

Quote:
In fact, to turn the whole metaphysical question into a fact finding mission will always prove futile.

...Because it will act like a massive hole in the plotline of my beliefes... admit it.

And then the pièce de résistance:

Quote:
Somethings are just better left unexplained. Why need actual words to figure this stuff out? I'm sincerely baffled at the laziness on display here.

This is like the statement:

The sea is really choppy and unsafe looking today. I'm sincerely surprised there are no boats out.

#114382 - 09/19/17 01:15 AM Re: T-Fields [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Methinks I previously addressed the concept of "proof", but to recap: It is a process of logic, of algorhythmic deduction, that arguably recognizes patterns of Natural Law in the OU. Such propositons are reinforced through repetition, on the assumption that NL is universally enforced by the Neteru. Which of course proves their existence as OU "gods" [or "God" if you prefer singularity to multiplicity].

Thus all logic, and all "proof", is limited to the "how"; it cannot address the will of the Neteru: why they have created and ordered the OU as it is.

The temporary, metabolic human body is a mechanism of the OU, but logic/reason/science cannot explain why it exists at all, or as it is configured. Or constituent OUisms, such as gender, physical senses, invulnerabilities, vulnerabilities, etc.

As for the brain, we know that it processes sensory information and makes assumptions about externality from this. The reliability of this is variable: The senses are severely limited in the EMS, and memory of their information is unstable.

Summarily, if one assumes that the "human life experience" is merely OU-sensory, stimulus/response combinations & conclusions, it is a highly grab-ass proposition. "Accepted science" has cobbled together a collection of asserted NLs that it claims are "proved", "established". But history is replete with later invalidations of once-sacred cows. So the 600C "hard science" crowd could be a bit more cautious about their claims without earning the reproach of timidity. ;\)

Now the point of this thread was to invite attention to yet another theorist who advances the "mind is not limited to or even within the brain" theory: TFs as it were.

He is more conventional than the Egyptians or myself, still seeking to include it in the OU/NL rather than as a metaphysical/SU gig. That's a cautious, conservative approach. Nothing shameful about that.

As discussed in MS & elsewhere, I hold with the Egyptians that consciousness - the "soul" or MindStar or eightfold Emanations - is purely metaphysical, but exercises a varying degree of control over, and receipt of information from the OU brain. These are the "bicycle training wheels" by which the MS comes to know itself both intrinsically and as distinct from otherness. This is an indefinite process, but after a certain point the "training wheels" can be discarded: the result being a MS completely self-contained & aware, with creative powers limitd only by imagination and will.

What in the SU compares to "proof" in the OU? Quite simply, intuition [or more precisely nœsis]. To grok this term, Google it and do some extensive reading.

When I was an undergraduate, Plato's Dialogues were held up as exemplary instances of logic. However as I read through them, I gradually realized that in each investigation of a Principle or Form, there came a point where the dialectic failed, because logic is nessarily, inescapably circular. It is limited to combinations of the known. To reach the Principle of which all examples are merely extensions, nœsis is necessary. There is always an "I know it when I see it" point in each Dialogue, upon which it ultimately rests. One noted "hard scientist" put it this way:

Originally Posted By: Albert Einstein
I believe in intuition and inspiration. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution. It is, strictly speaking, a real factor in scientific research.

So Dan Dread can remain a Tatooine farmer like Owen Lars, or he can "take a first step into a larger universe" with that crazy old recluse Ben Kenobi. It is absolutely, utterly tech individual's prerogative.

The experience of life presents you with occasional thresholds. You can shy away from them or dare them. Indeed "Satanism" is one such; if you are here, you have at least tenuously dared it; you've put at least your big toe into the swimming pool. The 600C is often a debate on whether to add more toes, or even to cannonball in. \:D

When Jonathan Harker arrives at Castle Dracula, he is greeted at the door by the Count, who then freezes motionless until Harker takes one step through the doorway. Then, well, his initiation begins. \:o

#114385 - 09/19/17 08:37 AM Re: T-Fields [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
when7iseleven Offline

Loc: High Peak, UK
It's interesting to think that every cell in your body has been replaced over a seven year period. The meat of your machine has been renewed, you are a new person from a hardware perspective but your memories, your thoughts, the bits that make YOU are still there; YOU remain YOU.

Admittedly, however much we like to think to the contrary, the YOU of seven years ago is not the YOU of today but intrinsically you are the same.

Nothing like proof of a disconnect between the material & the ephemeral but...............

Edited by when7iseleven (09/19/17 09:02 AM)

#114386 - 09/19/17 10:07 AM Re: T-Fields [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: MA
Methinks I previously addressed the concept of "proof", but to recap: It is a process of logic, of algorhythmic deduction, that arguably recognizes patterns of Natural Law in the OU.

If by that you mean, memetic qualities of what we are willing to accept as true; perhaps. Since I've been quasi-dead, and was astutely aware of what my brain was doing (even while it was happening) it doesn't mean I should take a grand leap of faith, just because everyone else is doing it.

I think this is where the Meta enters the realm of physics. The Laws of Thermodynamics are twisted until they break in order to fit this belief.

After a heart-death they do run brain scans to determine if the lack of oxygen caused any permanent physical damage. Having undergone these myself, even that's inconclusive.

People in general lean towards specialness. By that logic I should become some celeb Psychic that talks to the dead, be featured on cable TV and cater to the Stars!

#114396 - 09/19/17 04:18 PM Re: T-Fields [Re: Dark Light 444]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Dark Light 444
No proof is needed, therefore none is given. Proof is a personal thing. You don't need science or anyone else telling you what you know. In fact, to turn the whole metaphysical question into a fact finding mission will always prove futile. Somethings are just better left unexplained. Why need actual words to figure this stuff out? I'm sincerely baffled at the laziness on display here.
I'm a fan of Aquino, based mostly on his mastery of description as per his experience. It's truly wonderful! But no more so than any other of the great minds that I happen to "be into" (I sound like a hippie).
Any way, there is an incessant need for proof, and that is great. I truly applaud you guys for at least being passionate enough to look for that. I think we are at an impasse. Definitely some very different belief systems at play here.

No different than any Christian, Muslim, or Jews conviction in their beliefs. You've merely altered some cosmetic details. Boring.

#114397 - 09/19/17 04:22 PM Re: T-Fields [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Quote:
So Dan Dread can remain a Tatooine farmer like Owen Lars, or he can "take a first step into a larger universe" with that crazy old recluse Ben Kenobi. It is absolutely, utterly tech individual's prerogative.

You can never proceed into that larger universe while hung up on fantasies and wishful thinking. The progression you speak of, the true progression, of which mankind is only getting started, requires one to embrace even the uncomfortable facts.

#114404 - 09/20/17 09:43 AM Re: T-Fields [Re: Dark Light 444]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Indeed, "fanciful beliefs" is a nice comfy, cozy pair of buzzwords that works for you.
And this tactic has been employed since Jesus lost his sandals.

Quote:
It doesn't end there, though, SIN.
Plenty of people believe that to be true because let's face it. There's a real irrational fear of being conscious during decomposition. Just laying there, wasting away, while insects devour your fleshy bits. The rest creeps away into the soil in all of its wretched glory. Unless of course, you're in for a faster dissolve and opt for cremation.

Quote:
And, I have no way of personally proving it to anyone, which of course is man's folly, but I can tell you, once you can safely get outside of your brain, you'll "remember" everything.

I'm no stranger to these beliefs. It doesn't mean I share them. I tend to not argue a UPG because what's the point? Even within my circles of transcendentalism, there will always be discourse over what is actually going on there. Some people think there's some other dimension being tapped; while I remain a realist. You can actively and consciously play mind-games, that too is a frontier to be explored. "Leaving the brain" isn't an intellectually honest selling point. In fact, people will mostly call you full of shit. It's not the forum. It's not the caliber of people using it either (believe me there's more fruits than nuts).

Quote:
And you're gonna' have a fucking blast when you do. But, until then, really there's nothing anyone can say or do to convince you to find that "exit portal" so to speak, for you. Linking to your infinite "self" is a purely and completely intense and personal experience.

Word-games. We call that the Abyss around here, and to a point THE VOID. It's still not what you're describing here. At least, not using your lingo. Be more direct, you may get through.

#114417 - 09/20/17 08:38 PM Re: T-Fields [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
For newcomers to 600C, "Joker" Aquino meets "Animal Mother" Dread, whose arrogance concerning metaphysics Aquino finds disturbing. SIN3 is always keeping the Forum off-balance, but at least the Moderators welcome you warmly. The nonSatanic rabble beyond 600C is always an annoyance, but is routinely answered politely. But since you found your way here, enjoy your stay. You'll meet some unusual people here, although they can be a bit much after awhile.

#114421 - 09/21/17 08:43 AM Re: T-Fields [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

You can call my complete lack of faith in your dogma arrogant if you like, which is fine because I would describe the way you push and preach your naked assertions the same way.

Epistemologically what you are serving from your pot is exactly equal to every other faith believers brew, so why should I throw away my brain for you when I won't for those other believers?

To you, as to them, I say and continue to say, let's see some actual evidence. Until then there is really nothing to talk about.

#114422 - 09/21/17 09:29 AM Re: T-Fields [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

It doesn't take much effort on my part. I think arrogance is only disturbing when there's nothing behind it. All pea and no cock.

When addressing the reason to believe from the position that the person lacks understanding; it smacks of addressing children.

Is that how you see yourself Mr. Aquino? Are you the wise father, and we your legacy?

I suppose we could write nice things about you after your gone. You can check back and affirm it. You believe me right?

#114425 - 09/21/17 09:54 AM Re: T-Fields [Re: SIN3]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Quote:
I suppose we could write nice things about you after your gone. You can check back and affirm it. You believe me right?

You kinda nailed it.

If somehow streamlining your 'soul' or neter or whatever enables it to carry on, and assuming this is some ancient set of archaic techniques passed on from some ancient egyptian priests(with a convenient celestial interjection to ease the transition to Mr Aquino) and on to the temple of set, shouldn't we be seeing some sort of otherworldly feedback by now?

@Aquino

Tell you what. Drop me a line after you transition over. Do this and I'll carry on your work and your legacy.

I'll leave a light on for you. ;\)

#114426 - 09/21/17 10:13 AM Re: T-Fields [Re: SIN3]
Dark Light 444 Offline
pledge

Maybe it would be more fun to get SIN and Dan in bed together, so they can talk about nothing. :-o

In my estimation, this place has one of the great occultists of all time, still living, and still sharing ideas. That, to me, is priceless.

Now. I get that frankly you guys don't "buy" what he is "selling" ..... But it's surprising to me that there isn't even a hint of some investigating more into what he's talking about; beyond mere internet research.

Dan, you mentioned "the true progression" and "facing the uncomfortable "..... care to elaborate? Because, you might be close to getting it, but again, much like SIN, whom has stated her version of what this discourse is, you're resigned to also calling it word games. I'd like to hear what you think the "true progression" is.

#114427 - 09/21/17 10:16 AM Re: T-Fields [Re: Dark Light 444]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Maybe it would be more fun to get SIN and Dan in bed together, so they can talk about nothing. :-o

How very mature of you. I imagine you must still be in high school? I find it rather amusing, your assumptions. Perhaps because we are not children, we've come to a similar conclusion over the course of our lives. This does not mean we agree on all things, nor make bald assertions that have nothing behind them. I'm sure you've considered that, ah yes. You with all your astute observations about the 'Occult'. I don't require your elaboration on the matter because it's painfully obvious to me, what you believe the occult actually is.

Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.