Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#114520 - 09/28/17 04:08 PM Goths and Satan.
Sargeist Offline

Loc: Chile
Satanism is often linked on the media with headbangers, but what about goths? I seem to recall that, at least here, they're not seen favorably. Why is that? Sure, there are plenty goths out there who support social causes, but as the Cramps' second compilation title reads, goth and goth-related music are generally aimed at bad people; so at least for me it wouldn't be much of a stretch if there are goths out there with satanic tendencies who don't feel inclined to take selfies next to the Baphomet statue of TST (is that still a thing?).

Edited by Sargeist (09/28/17 04:09 PM)

#114529 - 09/28/17 09:47 PM Re: Goths and Satan. [Re: Sargeist]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
I find goths to be pretty much the only attention whores that are actually interesting. I like the look for sure. The rest I just find to be Emotional dramatic masturbation, but at least it's more interesting then others.

#114531 - 09/28/17 10:49 PM Re: Goths and Satan. [Re: Sargeist]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Goths? What is this, the 90s?

They all grew up I think.

#114533 - 09/29/17 02:13 AM Re: Goths and Satan. [Re: Sargeist]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

There was a period it was popular being a Goth.
The only tie-in I can come up with is "teen angst sprinkled with edginess".

That was all there is to it really..

#114536 - 09/29/17 10:25 AM Re: Goths and Satan. [Re: Dimitri]
Dark Light 444 Offline

I lived in San Francisco just as the height of the Goth scene was dying out, but met some fantastic individuals who would fall into that category. In fact, my girlfriend at the time owned and operated Shadow Of The Gargoyle on Haight St., which I managed for about 5 years until it crumbled; it was a shop that purveyed all things dark and curious, and became SF's de facto Goth central.

Goths were an interesting bunch. I'm talking adult goths, not high school ones. Many of them I suspect were CoS members. Had some great experiences and conversations with many of them.

#114561 - 09/30/17 04:31 PM Re: Goths and Satan. [Re: Dark Light 444]
Sargeist Offline

To be honest I consider goths to be more interesting than say, headbangers overall cause the former at least are into a wider range of human activities. The angsty phase is something all of them go through but eventually grow out of.

It's true many of them are too politically engaged, but others just want to have fun before life on earth is wiped out.

#114566 - 10/01/17 12:45 AM Re: Goths and Satan. [Re: Sargeist]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
Strange. Goth seems to have gone through phases, From The Cure to depressed black metal of sorts. I dont see Goth types slunking around these days. Funny how everyone says theyre so interesting, and cant say why. Well I cant seem to either \:\)

#114585 - 10/02/17 04:58 PM Re: Goths and Satan. [Re: Sargeist]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
Jokes aside. The Goth scene is still alive (dying a slow death). Not my preferred under-belly but in my opinion, they rock the symbolism to be shocking and perpetuate all things 'dark' thus they are called 'The Spooky Kids'. Even when they grow up.

In my personal interactions, they aren't Satanic. Hell, most of their world views aren't much different than the liberal politics you see in American media. Exactly that.

It's a fashion, nothing more. I've made some cry. They want me to stop being a 'bully'. If that's any indication.

#114634 - 10/05/17 10:32 PM Re: Goths and Satan. [Re: Sargeist]
2ndHandSatanist Offline
stranger

Loc: CHICAGOOOO
I don't care what you say--I don't care what you do--I am just so happy that you know that GOTHS and SATAN are two different tropes.
No, SATAN does not belong to GOTH culture.
I feel that Goth people tend to make themselves an idea that is very BRILLIANT and IMPORTANT to society--it's ironic because... well this still matters but honestly they are supposed to defend this fact that SATAN does not belong to GOTH.
1. You are brilliant for pointing this out.
2. I am oh so glad that this website is so smart.
(I love this website, MAN....!)

#114639 - 10/06/17 11:56 AM Re: Goths and Satan. [Re: 2ndHandSatanist]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
... no one here has really stated as to why goth people are so interesting...

So I'll offer something here. One reason I like Goth people, is because for the most part, they keep to themselves and don't bother anyone, like, they know most aren't going to want to hear their shitty poetry, dull music or talk about their depressed feelings, so they sort of keep to their own tribe, and the good ones don't go on and on about it, so they come off sad but mature at the same time because they aren't all up in your face.

Maybe there is some good to come from woe after all...

Edited by Creatura Noptii (10/06/17 11:58 AM)

#114659 - 10/09/17 06:15 PM Re: Goths and Satan. [Re: SIN3]
Sargeist Offline

Originally Posted By: SIN3

It's a fashion, nothing more. I've made some cry. They want me to stop being a 'bully'. If that's any indication.

It was a matter of time, I guess. Goths in my turf however, as I remember them at least, were the ones doing the bullying. They also don't care about discussing shit like politics at all (not with each other, anyway).

#114660 - 10/09/17 08:18 PM Re: Goths and Satan. [Re: Sargeist]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Getting bullied by dudes wearing eyeliner? How humiliating.

Ive always found them to be the second least threatening classification of people, right below granola-hippy.

#114661 - 10/09/17 09:42 PM Re: Goths and Satan. [Re: Dan_Dread]
Sargeist Offline

That's still better than turning into a sobbing mess when their political beliefs get challenged.

#114662 - 10/09/17 11:20 PM Re: Goths and Satan. [Re: Sargeist]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

I..guess.

What?

#114667 - 10/10/17 11:08 AM Re: Goths and Satan. [Re: Sargeist]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
In what, High School? Have you grown up any? Nothing says 'man' like getting your ass whipped by a faggot.

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.038 seconds of which 0.012 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.