Page 2 of 9 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#114610 - 10/04/17 04:30 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Again, what are your qualifications in the field of physics?

If you think your layman knowledge is beyond the cutting edge of science, I'll anxiously await your ground breaking paper on the matter.

#114611 - 10/04/17 05:07 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
Estoterics vs. Orthodoxy. A book just sits on the shelf. It does nothing, until you pick it up and read it.

Fundamentalism is a behavior. It's not inherently abhorrent.

Is this about getting a degree or what you believe about the nature of reality? I mean, you just changed gears there. I wasn't speaking of kissing ass to get a fancy piece of paper and admittance to an elite club of thinkers. I'm talking about this back and forth you do about Esoterics and Metaphysics.

I can understand a refusal to be nailed down on one hand but on the other it seems you don't stand for much. Even your own Orthopraxy can be thrown out, when it doesn't suit your present beliefs. Which seem to change at whim.

#114616 - 10/04/17 11:31 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: SIN3]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Dan, you've opened a different door: that of the point of education as opposed to technical or trade skill learning. This happens to be another bee in my bonnet.

My Ph.D. is in Political Science, so at university that's the field in which I've taught. But traditionally the point of a B.A./B.S. was not just its major, but exposure to and exercise in a wide spectrum of intellectual subjects. The ideal outcome is the cultivation of good reasoning and judgment in the graduate, which he/she can bring to any number of interests and applications.

The same process ideally develops an intelligent respect for one's limitations. You shouldn't be afraid to have opinions and make statements within your competence. If someone with more knowledge brings up something you missed or didn't know, fine. But that shouldn't dissuade you from entering into the discussion, to include challenging what appear to be sacred cows. Again, as previously above, one of the perils of academia is the enshrinement of "accepted" concepts out of habit, familiarity, professional security, etc.

I always said to my students at the beginning of a course: You're here to learn more about this subject, from someone who's devoted more attention to it than you have yet. But in this or any other course: If the prof sez something that doesn't seem to make sense, don't be afraid to chase it down until it does. Either you or the prof may have missed something. It's probably you - but not always! \:\)

#114617 - 10/05/17 12:00 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
entropicmomentum Offline
pledge

Loc: Texas
I think there's a difference between recognizing something as a sacred cow and challenging accepted science. Is what you're posing demonstrable in any way?

I sincerely doubt this is akin to a paradigm shift a la Copernican cosmology vs Ptolemaic cosmology or Einstein's relativity vs Newtownian Gravity.

#114619 - 10/05/17 12:51 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: entropicmomentum]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: entropicmomentum
I think there's a difference between recognizing something as a sacred cow and challenging accepted science. Is what you're posing demonstrable in any way?

Sure, there's been quite a bit of EU experimentation. The Thunderbolt website is a good starting-point; Google as well. One of the more recent implications of spacial plasma is so-called "zero point energy", which has renewed interest in Tesla's work, etc.

When I was researching MindWar, I spent a lot of time criss-crossing the Electromagnetic Spectrum, in the process running into lots of fascinating stuff, some of which touched upon in that book.

The EU is not something exotic; it's actually very simple and evident. It all makes very simple sense. It's the GU stuff that has needed to be "justified" by so many completely crazy concepts. I invited DD to explain just two of them; he can't, because they can't be.

What' really fun is when you start getting into really weird physics, like the work the Nazis did with the Bell, shape waves, Negative Green, etc. Unlike EU, lots of this stuff is not at all simple & self-evident. Some may open some real spooky black boxes. And of course some of it may just be wacky. That's what makes Indiana Jones explorations fun! ;\)

#114620 - 10/05/17 12:57 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Here's the problem.
In order for that quatsh theory to work you'll have to ignore well-known phenomena and observations.

Once again, try to invalidate my made arguments. This shit ain't political science where you merely play with opinions. This is the field of real science with facts and figures.

#114623 - 10/05/17 09:12 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Righto, but the fact remains your political science degree doesn't leave you qualified to challenge those with actual training in the field of physics, any more than it prepares you to be an electrician, lawyer or medical doctor.

That you believe you somehow are on par with professionals in a field you are not trained in still leaves you as a layman, just a layman displaying a touch of Dunning-Kruger.

So, with that said, if you truly believe you know better, and understand the science to a greater degree than those that have been trained in the field, it should be a simple matter to write the most important science paper in the last 100 years or so.

Ill keep my eyes on all the relevant scientific journals in anticipation.

#114626 - 10/05/17 04:13 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Dan_Dread]
Dark Light 444 Offline
pledge

Now that you've successfully deconstructed and debunked Aquino's philosophies and theories and shared knowledge for yourself, how about contributing something of note yourself?

Is this the height of your excellence in existence? To rip apart people who share their knowledge, and offer nothing new yourself?

Anyone can be cantankerous. Anyone can poke holes. Anyone can stay stuck inside their heads forever until their body gives way. But that's fucking lazy.

You're pretty miserable. I'll give you that you're consistent, though. Consistently miserable.

#114627 - 10/05/17 07:03 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Dark Light 444]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Well no. I'm not going to pretend to be on the cutting edge of physics when I'm patently not just because he did.

Of those who actually are in the field of physics however, it seems very very few hold the 'electric universe theory'(which Aquino had exactly nothing to do with formulating by the way) as anything more than tinfoil hat material.

As for what I have to contribute..it will always add up to more than being a blatent sychophant, regardless.;)

#114628 - 10/05/17 07:15 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Dan_Dread]
Dark Light 444 Offline
pledge

It is spelled "blatant", not "blatent". I am aware that this theory wasn't Aquino's, it is, however shared knowledge that he provided.

So, you're happy with just adding up to whatever it is you are, as long as you're not labeled a sycophant. Cool. Hope that's fun for you.

Meanwhile, maybe you could add something of substance rather than just chasing Aquino around (which you do far more than I do, apparently).

#114629 - 10/05/17 08:28 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Dark Light 444]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

DL, what we see with Di & DD is just a knee-jerk "shoot the messenger" GU-belief, none of whose fallacies (as I have cited above) they have tried to substantiate at all, except to say that "lots of currently-accepted physicists recite it".

Nor, if you review their posts, have they disproved any EU principle, for example those introduced in the YouTube intro movie.

So their position just amounts to shouting-down and throwing feces. Not worth my time, nor I think anyone else's here.

Those interested in EU can check it out and review both existing and new tests of its ideas. The GUers can continue to hang onto their long list of absurdities as long as they like.

#114630 - 10/05/17 08:49 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Kori Houghton Offline
pledge

Loc: East Coast USA
 Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
You should have followed my linked book review. Einstein disproved himself with a "fudge factor" - but I didn't know that he'd had the integrity to admit it. Not that this stopped the lemming-rush.

Who doesn't know about the "fudge factor" if they are reading/studying Einstein's work? I grew up just a few miles away from Princeton, and never encountered anyone who held up his theories as some godlike absolute Truth, never to be disproved or superseded. My late husband used to be amused, though, by overhearing undergrads at a nearby table babbling about quantum mechanics at our favorite Japanese restaurant a couple of blocks from the university.

Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
Start looking outside the box, "Satanists". [That's what he did, dig it?] ;\)

Just looking doesn't get you anywhere in terms of doing science. Claiming the kookery hanging off the fringes validates your own kookery doesn't transform kookery into knowledge. Sure, it can be fun to theorize in areas where you have no actual expertise. But that is all "looking outside the box" means: a pleasant intellectual pastime.

#114631 - 10/05/17 09:14 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Dark Light 444]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

I find value in smacking down bullshit, just as you do in lovingly suckling on it.

To each their own.

#114632 - 10/05/17 09:17 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

So, no paper is forthcoming I presume. That is actually quite negligent of you to allow science to bumble in the dark like that while you hold a flashlight.

Dastardly even.

We can only hope that one day the entire field of physics can catch up to your intuition.

#114633 - 10/05/17 09:33 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Dark Light 444]
entropicmomentum Offline
pledge

Loc: Texas
What the fuck, Dan. Why haven't you started a religion that has very little influence & credence. Shame on you.

Page 2 of 9 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.