Page 4 of 9 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#114668 - 10/10/17 11:12 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: MA
As above. GU bothered me because big pieces of it don't make sense, and that includes after asking several Physics Ph.D.s to "make the sense".

So really, at the end of the day; all of this hyperbole is discontentment with "I don't Know?" Seems like a juvenile approach to me, as if everything is categorized, defined and neatly in its place. Chaos doesn't require your agreement.

#114670 - 10/10/17 12:58 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Hmm so several things about a subject that you are not educated in don't make sense to you.

Well golllllly....*best gomer pile voice*

#114671 - 10/10/17 01:01 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Dark Light 444]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Dark Light 444
I was under the impression that one liners are frowned upon here, and even a bannable offense, yet, as evidenced here and on many threads elsewhere on the forum, Dan has tons of them (Iíve looked around; itís true).

Whatís with the special treatment.

#114673 - 10/10/17 01:56 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Dan_Dread]
Dark Light 444 Offline
pledge

No thanks. Not gonna wipe your ass for you. Looks like youíve got others to do that.

#114680 - 10/10/17 06:17 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Dark Light 444]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

No thanks. Not gonna wipe your ass for you. Looks like youíve got others to do that.

No worries. Given the amount of time you've spent crawling up Aquino's bunghole I can't imagine you'd make it back out before it all dried up back there anyway.

Thanks though, it's the thought that counts. ;\)

#114685 - 10/10/17 09:23 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Dark Light 444]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
I was under the impression that one liners are frowned upon here, and even a bannable offense, yet, as evidenced here and on many threads elsewhere on the forum, Dan has tons of them (Iíve looked around; itís true).

Density = Mass / Volume

#114690 - 10/10/17 10:37 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: XiaoGui17]
Kori Houghton Offline
pledge

Loc: East Coast USA
 Originally Posted By: XiaoGui17

Density = Mass / Volume

Or, good things can come in small packages.

#114691 - 10/11/17 12:20 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Kori Houghton]
entropicmomentum Offline
pledge

Loc: Texas
I figured energy = mass times the speed of light squared would be more offensive considering the Einstein hate

#114711 - 10/12/17 12:53 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: entropicmomentum]
Kori Houghton Offline
pledge

Loc: East Coast USA
 Originally Posted By: entropicmomentum
I figured energy = mass times the speed of light squared would be more offensive considering the Einstein hate

I don't think there is any actual "Einstein hate" on Aquino's part, although that would be amusing!

It seems more likely, based on his podcast linked in this post, that he evaluates accepted scientific theories according to Temple of Set doctrine, disputing any that don't mesh with doctrine.

Decades ago, Aquino posted in an online forum that he was related to Thomas Aquinas (his "white sheep" ancestor, or something like that).

When I was a college student, Aquinas was considered the biggest waste of time of all the philosophers we had to read for classes. The library had to stock enough copies of the Summa Theologica (in English translation) for every student who might be needing it for class that year. Almost no one wanted to purchase a copy to keep for life in a place of pride in a personal home library.

Anyway, it seems that there may be some truth to the biological relationship. The most often quoted passage from the Summa among my classmates was "If science contradicts these doctrines, then that science is in error". Or something close to that; it's been over 40 years. Anyway, Aquino is treating Einstein's work as error because it contradicts TOS doctrines.

If you listen to the podcast with Aquino at the link, at about 28:18 this is suggested:

Originally Posted By: ShadowZone podcast with MAA
MAA: I get into fights with physicists about this all the time because quantum physics is a randomization of dimensions 1 through 4. Because the Einsteinian way of looking at these things doesn't work. The only way you can make it work is by throwing in a randomization factor, saying we sort of have to have a catch-all factor for this.

And it's the same kind of error that produces similar errors in cosmology, such as the concept of Black Holes and Dark Matter in Space.

You know these ae dodges. These are ways to get out of the fact that you painted yourself into a corner. Which you really don't need to if you understand the way dimensions 1 through 5 actually work.

So it takes a lot of cheek, and a lot of balls, to stand up and say "Albert Einstein fucked up." He did! It's not hard to see why once you look at it.

SZ Host: It's things like this, though...it's the person that stands up and says NO that actually draws attention to new discoveries in science and magic or anything else.

MAA: Once you entangle all this stuff, all kinds of things begin to fall into place very reasonably and very logically. And I'm not in a hurry, and I don't want a Nobel Prize or anything. I was just fascinated when I began to uncover and find out about these things.

And that's the way the whole Temple of Set is. We go digging in all these out of the way places for all kinds of strange stuff. And we find it, and begin to make sense of it. And we say "Gee whiz! This is cool!" And people don't run out trying to get a Nobel Prize or a Pulitzer for it. We just share it.

Interestingly, Aquino doesn't mention which physicists he "gets into fights with". I guess he doesn't feel he has to back up claims like this in discussions with people who are known to be his "fans". Or maybe he's just spinning a yarn here?

Obviously, he is clueless about how/for what Pulitzer Prizes are awarded.

Edited by Kori Houghton (10/12/17 12:55 AM)
Edit Reason: auto corrected with wrong word

#114732 - 10/14/17 03:15 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Kori Houghton]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Kori Houghton
I don't think there is any actual "Einstein hate" on Aquino's part.

I don't emotionalize about AE. Where his ideas were wrong, or possibly just misunderstood by others, I note and, where I can, proposes corrections.

Quote:
he evaluates accepted scientific theories according to Temple of Set doctrine

No. The TOS has no physics doctrine, and we don't like "doctrine" generally. [I suppose you could call that dislike a "doctrine".] ;\)

The word "accepted" is not a proof of any sort as far as I am concerned. It merely dscribes popularity, which may or may not be the truth.

Quote:
When I was a college student, Aquinas was considered the biggest waste of time of all the philosophers

I don't "claim descent" from TA; that's a joke since he's the chief theologian of the Catholic Church and I'm rather the other thing. \:D

I feel your pain about Tom's stuff, all of which I too had to digest in grad school. I gather that you didn't go to a Catholic university. He's basically revered by Cs because the Muslims had just brought Aristotle to Europe and the Church was in a panic trying to out-argue him. Tom was the best effort per his Summa Theologica, which I think he wrote in Switzerland because of all the holes in it. Nevertheless that's what got him his St. - and, ahem, "accepted".

Quote:
Aquino doesn't mention which physicists he "gets into fights with".

Good podcast quote; I'm happy to stand by it. Too many physicists to count over the decades. When I have a problem with something "accepted", particularly a big question, I invite "accepted" professionals to straighten me out, show me what I missed or was too stupid/ignorant to grok. So far none has, and not because I couldn't understand the sentences. The GUers just parrot the latest version of "Flat Earth", which keeps their jobs secure and gets their parrot-books published.

Quote:
Obviously, he is clueless about how/for what Pulitzer Prizes are awarded.

Obviously you misunderstood the conversation. Pulitzers are given for news coups, exposes, etc. Such can include stories concerning the sciences.

As I said previous-post: I brought up EU here as a fascinating and possibly breakthrough correction to all the tired old "under the rugs" that the GUers have been selling for the last centuryry. If you're interested, fine. If you want to keep drinking at the GU trough, that's your right.

What I can do without are cheap [i]ad hominems[/] like your post here.

#114733 - 10/14/17 04:10 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
felidae Offline
stranger

As someone whose formal christian training as a kid was being a presb for a few years before our parents stopped taking us on Sundays, then investigating philosophical theology as an aside doing a western philosophy minor, I'm still astounded by other x-tians who don't even know who Augustine and Aquinas ARE. I mean you can throw out all of their other works other than the Summa and City of God and get concrete examples of the foundations of carefully considered faith there. And I still reference these works at age 49 as someone who considers himself a left hand path guy.
I don't think I'd argue Aquinas was "chief theologian" of the RCC, though. I ended up seeing the collective works of most of the "doctors" of the church as a composite..from the quasi-Gnostic mysticism of St. John's dark night, through TA and SA. The roots of hermeticism and western magic come out of there as well, from the ideologies of men who could be burned at the stake for reading what they did at the time they did, then adapting Kabbalah etc.

Edited by felidae (10/14/17 04:17 AM)

#114771 - 10/16/17 10:55 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Ank Ka Inpw Offline
lurker

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Dear Dr. Aquino,

I wish that my words find you well.

That particular video that you mentioned is really a bad start as I don't think one should start a scientific elaboration with mythology because this will immediately turn off people with a scientific background.

I recommend the following video, which has a much more scientific angle and wherein scientific facts are discussed. It is foremost based on Dr. Alfven's work about Plasma Cosmology - which is a much better term than "Electric Universe" imho - and for which he won the 1970 Nobel Prize for Physics. It also features other very renowned scientists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK6zHysxoCo&t

There is also a (small) part in this video where a Swedish scientist appears speaking in Swedish. This part, however, has not been translated. I can understand it, but I guess most folks can't. It doesn't make the whole video less worthwhile in any case.

Kind regards,

XiX

JP

Edited by Ank Ka Inpw (10/16/17 10:56 AM)
Edit Reason: typo

#114785 - 10/17/17 02:28 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Ank Ka Inpw]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Point well-taken. I'm not bothered by the mythological intro, but I am used to seeing behind such imagery - which indeed is what the film gets around to arguing as well. But some viewers may not wait that long, or approach myth below the comic-book level.

That also reflects in my fictional writings: Many were inspired by much more superficial original imagery, for instance that of the first Star Wars film, which George deliberately nailed together from as many classic cliff-hangers as he could find ... did much the same with Indy. In FireForce, Secret of the Los Ark, et al., I went far "deeper" ... just did the same with We Break the Sword and Ode to Esmť.

Currently finishing up another non-fiction book, but at this point my body is sinking, so it's a coin-flip. I've always wanted to do a "deep/adult" Oz story, on the level of LOTR, but don't think I'll be around that long.

#114788 - 10/17/17 09:37 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dark Light 444 Offline
pledge

I watched the film again, and I must say that I canít really argue with the points being made. Iím by no means a scientist, but I do remember learning about gravity and having doubts about the totality of its validity. Left too many answers unquestioned as far as I was concerned.

This model of the universe attempts to address those questions in a very convincing way. Add to that the tying in of most/all of historyís cultural myths, and youíve got something even more important at stake being uncovered.

What exactly DID the sky look like to the ancients? I think those answers are becoming more and more apparent when all the proper questions are being asked and studied and put to test. We are on a major cusp of lifting a small corner of THE VEIL.

#114790 - 10/17/17 10:49 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Dark Light 444]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

One of the main 'problems' with the big bang as cited by EU proponents and other kooks has been 'where is the rest of the matter', as BB predicts nearly double the amount of matter that was currently observable to account for much of the math concerning gravity and expansion.

Well, they found it.

another BB prediction confirmed.

Page 4 of 9 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.