Page 6 of 9 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#114814 - 10/19/17 08:04 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Dan_Dread]
Bitis Arietans Offline
stranger

Loc: NC
The main problem I have with the BB is that there was absolute nothingness but yet there was this ylem and some miraculous force, Jesus Christ maybe???, That set a match to it and BANG!!, instant universe!!. Sounds like some Christian bullshit to me.

I remember reading a book, long ago, let's see, I think it's title was...oh yes, The Satanic Bible. I think if memory serves me, it was by a cat by the name of Anton LaVey. In it I think he spoke some shit about the wonderful element of doubt and to question all things. I hear he's irrelevant today as some genius has come up with the brilliant notion of ADM. All this reeks of Christian bullshit to me, but hey, nothing wrong with following along like good little sheep. Also, there was this idea, obsolete and irrelevant now I suppose, of GBM and LBM. I'm a little behind the times and I must admit, I have continued the practice since around 1980. Imagine that, a Satanist being a Satanist! Btw, around '75, the CoS decided to sell degrees and evolved into something else. I understand all the pretenders here. We all need an identity I suppose.

#114815 - 10/19/17 08:30 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Bitis Arietans]
Bitis Arietans Offline
stranger

...and while we're at let's single out a certain individual and pick on him, after all, he is just a kook, with a pedigree as long as your leg of military service, the foremost expert on PSYOPS, the foremost expert on Satanism and the occult, whose willing to share his knowledge, and waste his time on us assholes and kindly and graciously answer any questions we may have. And, while we're at it, let's act like a bunch of juvenile dicks and hurl childish remarks his way and towards anyone who shows an interest in what he has to say. Perhaps he and the rest of us here should read and recognize the brilliant....ADM!! ...now you and your genius little clique can have at me as well. Just recognize beforehand that I'm not as nice or gracious as DR. Aquino.

#114816 - 10/19/17 09:24 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Dark Light 444]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Dark Light 444
Atheism is extremely dull. But then, thatís the logical, rational choice for overly-educated dullards.

You know, this is another thing I hear a lot. It's as if without some sort of invisible puppetmasters or acorpreal 'intelligences' floating around the universe must be boring or without wonder.

First, this seems to be making the same mistake I noted in my previous post, just from the other direction. If you assume science doesn't know therefore 'deities', why would you assume 'this is all there is without deities, therefore boring'?

There is a dissonance there.

Secondly, I think to think that way is to lack both imagination and vision.

As we slowly peel back the layers of reality and discover, bit by bit, what might be under there(with no help from superstition or new age nonsense I might add), the possibilities are limited only by your imagination. We have no idea, glimpses. The amount of potential mystery is nearly infinite.

Now compare that with ignoring what we know, or worse, trying to shoehorn it into the comfort of some easy answer crammed into a pre-bronze age meta of spirit/material dualism and master/servant human/deity relationships.

That's what I find boring, common, and wholly uninspiring.

#114817 - 10/19/17 09:38 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Bitis Arietans]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

I actually take it as a compliment that you would put ADM on that level, even if only facetiously.

Thank you \:\)

#114820 - 10/19/17 01:15 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Bitis Arietans]
Phoenician Offline
pledge

Loc: CA
 Quote:
And, while we're at it, let's act like a bunch of juvenile dicks and hurl childish remarks his way and towards anyone who shows an interest in what he has to say. Perhaps he and the rest of us here should read and recognize the brilliant....ADM!! ...now you and your genius little clique can have at me as well. Just recognize beforehand that I'm not as nice or gracious as DR. Aquino.

A valid criticism..

All places are subject to mutation. And after 20 years there are no more people here to gush in the associative affiliation with people that knew relevant "iconic" people.

Dr. Aquino is effectively the Vet telling war stories of a time when the CoS version was more prominent and MA's theistic take was more "contentious" to the "LaVeyan".  Yet, even LaVey is now seen more as a satirist carnival barker that literally sold people a personality type as scripture.

Ideas are subject to mutation.  What you are referring to is  "an adversarial core" replacing "carnal indulgence, and rational self interest" as the dominant meme.

Satanism, at least the one espoused by the circle jerk here, strips the world of it's abstract concepts and superfluous bullshit to a more empirical and visceral apprehension. This entails relegating the specious occult bias of invalid causation,  50 pages of enochian, and the "mystical" aspects of it to the annals of history and the flat earth of yore.

But that is just THIS sites mutation. This place went left. There are places that went right like neo-pagans downplaying the association with Satan.

#114821 - 10/19/17 02:45 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Phoenician]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

One man's mutation is another man's refinement I guess.

For me the core has never changed.

#114823 - 10/19/17 06:45 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Bitis Arietans]
Kori Houghton Offline
pledge

Loc: East Coast USA
 Originally Posted By: steven landreth
...and while we're at let's single out a certain individual and pick on him

Pick on him? What? Anyway, he has one more defender here, rushing into the fray after donning his kneepads.

...after all, he is just a kook, with a pedigree as long as your leg of military service

Being considered a kook (or not) isn't dependent on intelligence, education, or professional achievements. Being a kook is its own kind of thing.

...the foremost expert on PSYOPS

Which is why his kooky mishandling of the reputation of his org was commonly referred to as "PSY-OOPS" back in the days of alt.Satanism?

...the foremost expert on Satanism and the occult

He's the "foremost expert" concerning his own personal experiences. Otherwise, no.

...whose (sic KH) willing to share his knowledge, and waste his time on us assholes

He knows his audience.

...and kindly and graciously answer any questions we may have.

Actually, he's selective about which questions he answers, mainly responding to those which offer an opening for posting more links, voluminous copy-and-pastes of texts already posted here -- by him -- multiple times (as well as elsewhere online), and catty slashes at Gilmore and the post-MAA CoS.

And, while we're at it, let's act like a bunch of juvenile dicks and hurl childish remarks his way and towards anyone who shows an interest in what he has to say.

Not "an interest in what he has to say", but "in anything he says, no matter how absurd". Plenty of folks here dialog with MAA without letting the forum know that they are fanboys or loyal defenders.

#114824 - 10/19/17 11:06 PM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Kori Houghton]
felidae Offline
stranger

I deal with people who know him, I do not, and have nothing to say about him but good things, which is all the judgement on what kind of man he is that I need. As far as the legal shit, he was tried and exonerated, but indicted at a time when the satanic panic was at its peak, and it was pretty obvious several people were actively working against him and his wife. He's an A-type that has served his country with distinction, and for that alone we all owe him a debt of gratitude, as those people who travel that path aren't doing it for the money, believe me, as I come from that world as well. The only payoff they get is family struggles and the inner feeling that they served others as a duty. So take any bashing of him here with a grain of salt, imagining whoever is slinging the mud just got off a website tracking their new kabalah pendant from Shanghai to Hoboken.
#114827 - 10/20/17 12:18 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Kori Houghton]
Bitis Arietans Offline
stranger

I like to hear everything anyone has to say. I will be the judge, for myself, who's a kook and why, not you or anyone else. Just like when you throw out the "kneepad" insult. It doesn't bother me. I think it's funny...35 years ago when I was a juvenile. Today it strikes me as sad and stupid coming from an adult, or are you an adult? 12 to 15 would be my guess. To break it down for you and some others here, I don't mean any of that as an insult to you, it's that how is anyone supposed to take your comments seriously when you come off like a snot nosed 12 year old = lose the teenage tone and speak as an adult. Maybe at some point you'll be taken seriously. Not today, not by me. work on it. Don't bother writing some kiddie dialog back to me because I won't even bother to read it. I don't care what a 12 to 15yr old kid has to say.

#114828 - 10/20/17 12:43 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Dan_Dread]
Bitis Arietans Offline
stranger

You are more than welcome. It's not that I'm not interested in your ideas and what you have to say. You, unlike some others on here, I know have an intellect and can write some interesting things. So I know you're not a 12yr old, but an adult. All I'm saying is that you hurt your own credibility when you stoop to teenager jargon and even worse teenager like insults and try to act hardnosed and tough. I am hardnosed and tough, but I don't need to act like a child about it. I look forward to hearing what you have to say, when said in an adult fashion. I actually am interested when you speak as the intelligent person that you are, without the teenager-isms. I feel you have something better to offer, if not then disregard this entire thing. I'm not trying to tell you how to speak, but to some of us, we're just not going to take you seriously. If you don't care, then neither do I and will just ignore you accordingly, as everyone should in that case.

#114829 - 10/20/17 01:26 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Bitis Arietans]
felidae Offline
stranger

If people are interested in learning, they'll change. If they aren't they'll drift away. They always do.
#114831 - 10/20/17 02:51 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: felidae]
Bitis Arietans Offline
stranger

Either nobody practices any form of BM here, or it rarely gets discussed, or legitimate Satanism for that matter. Dr. Aquino seems to be the only one who brings up most of the time and when he does it just evolves into some lame ass Atheist argument. These atheists, for some kooky reason, seem to think they are something more, they're SATANISTS!! No, just boring ass, regular atheists, sometimes with their Halloween costumes on. We hear the same old arguments as put forth by Dawkins, Krauss, Hitchens, Harris, and a plethora of pop scientists just in a much more amateurish way. I came here to discuss GBM/LBM, Satanism and all subjects relative. Only seen a few who even remotely, reflect the real thing. Anton LaVey, with the help of others, such as Aquino, created Satanism and were the first to codify it into a credible, comprehensible, religion and philosophy. Most of these pretenders here think they've "evolved" it into something else entirely. They are just psuedoSatanatheist posers. wannabes. Most seem like the ones that Gilmore kicked to the curb. enough said. I'm hoping to see them drift away myself, because learning doesn't seem to be their forte.

#114832 - 10/20/17 04:51 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Bitis Arietans]
felidae Offline
stranger

What's the state of the trademarked CoS? It seemed, last time I checked, that it was the same as the money-grab CoS after the schism when M. Aquino left. Two-hundred bucks for a mass-produced name card and that's it? My buddy in the masons remarked to me that masons were kinda dying out...At least his lodge. I wonder if the ToS has experienced the same thing? Membership declining over the last ten years.
That temple of satan group is in the news sometimes, and they seem to be championing the right things as far as individual liberty. That baphomet statue they erected looks GREAT. That is what a baph-stat should be, imho. In fact I'm ordering the mock-up when they get more in. lmao.

#114833 - 10/20/17 06:40 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: felidae]
Lantus Offline
stranger

Loc: Ohio
I know this is off the topic of the thread, but to answer the question posed: I don't know the membership stats for either the Temple of Set or the CoS, as neither seem to publicly acknowledge them, but I do know that $200 does not give you the "elite" status of being a CoS member anymore. It was raised sometime in the last few months to $225. It has increased, albeit slowly, since I was in my teens when I believe it was $100. Their argument is that it is for a lifetime membership, but $225 is a lot to pay to an organization that doesn't appear to even really exist anymore except for cheeky statements from HP Gimore that they exist "everywhere".
#114834 - 10/20/17 07:10 AM Re: Electric Universe [Re: Bitis Arietans]
Phoenician Offline
pledge

Loc: CA
 Quote:
I came here to discuss GBM/LBM, Satanism and all subjects relative. Only seen a few who even remotely, reflect the real thing. Anton LaVey, with the help of others, such as Aquino, createdSatanism and were the first to codify it into a credible, comprehensible, religion and philosophy.

What, are you bored? There's gotta be some bullshit in that statement, but...

Black Magic?

Ok let's discuss black magic.

BM stripped down to antagonism first.

Person does ritual, employs whatever mindfuck they want and then when something happens retroactively takes credit.

Famous example of "Greater Black Magic"

Jayne Mansfield and The Blue Altar

So Anton cursed the Altar, or him for fucking up her life, Dipshit boyfriend incurs mystical wrath, all die a month later.

And while this is true, a critical examination is in order.

Originally Posted By: Snopes
In the early morning hours of 29 June 1967, on a narrow country road near a Louisiana swamp, a grey 1966 Buick Electra glided through the dark on its way to New Orleans. The road ahead was obscured by a white haze laid down by a distant mosquito fogger which prevented the carís driver from discerning the presence of a slow-moving tractor-trailer ahead of him. At approximately 2:15 a.m., the Electra slammed into that truck, then slid under it. All three adults sitting in the carís front seat were killed instantly, but surprisingly, the three children riding in the back seat were cushioned from serious harm.

The conditions were like fucking in a slasher flick.

Unfortunately, this can also be proof (for some), even pointing to the children's safety as further "evidence".

Here's my criticism:

You have to say "The curse" influenced at least three lines of causation that night to make the trailer (a), the fogger (b), and stupid boyfriends reckless driving (c) all come together in a "perfect storm" type way.  (Which happens to hundreds of people everyday, none of which cursed.)

Drawing a link demands some extra force of  (a)causality (further on) that specifically reacts to conscious intent, or an ability to directly effect it. Both manifesting as spontaneous chain creation that specifically surfaces at the most opportunistic time.

Basically, everyone living in the movie Sphere with minimal ability, so no jelly fish.

It has the markings of self perpetuated bias rooted in a relic of superstitious thinking.

In my opinion, it's all like a fortune cookie.

"You will take a trip over water in the near future" - And you drive across a river every day...

The only consistent regulator of causation is an equilibrium that forms around a subjective median in relation to the self. While people create their own luck either way (above), some luck can't be avoided. The only thing that is certain is that the highs and lows you experience will fall around a neutral median you can interpret any Goddamn way you please.

Page 6 of 9 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.