Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#115165 - 11/13/17 01:13 PM _IlluminAnX_ by M. Aquino
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
My latest book - IlluminAnX: Rosicrucianism Reawakened - has j/ust been published, and is available here in paperback and here as a Kindle ebook.

These Amazon pages include a brief description. In 1-2 weeks the "Look Inside" feature should appear, which usually includes the Table of Contents and some sample content.

#115166 - 11/13/17 02:58 PM Re: _IlluminAnX_ by M. Aquino [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dark Light 444 Offline

Interesting! The description says the book is a right hand path model. Would love to hear your thoughts/basic rundown of what’s presented here.

I have finished both Mind War and Mind Star, and have yet to delve into Find Far. Extreme Prejudice is arriving and out for delivery today; looking forward to that.

I had promised some constructive feedback on the trilogy, and will give some once Find Far is completed and I have time to coalesce my thoughts into coherency. I will say preeminently that these books are a huge glass of water to drink for people not familiar with Setian ideas, which I feel the books are rife with.

Good to see you posting again.

And, again, tell us a little more about IlluminANX, if you please; would love to hear about it before the “Look Inside” feature is up and running! \:\)

#115167 - 11/14/17 12:39 AM Re: _IlluminAnX_ by M. Aquino [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

I decided to look into AMORC on the assumption that it was a RHP Egyptian initiatory system, which is what one would expect from its Egyptian-themed Park, letterhead, etc.

Actually its curriculum is Jewish monotheistic Cabalism, in the Rosicrucian tradition of the GD, AA, etc. But even less so, just keeping the degree names. The Monographs are just refresher courses in high school science, with some occult jargon here and there to make it seem secret & important. You could spend 30 years with it and learn zip.

Indeed it tosses the Cabala into the trash once you croak. You switch over to a very unJewish Hinduism so that you can reincarnate back here, over and over.

So this turned out to be a "What could be done with this?" exercise. Meaning I hate to see that pretty Park being wasted. Of course I'm still royally pissed at the appalling "de-Egyptianization" of the originally-stunning Luxor down in Vegas, when MGM bought it and remodeled it into Greyhound Bus Station Postmoderne ...

#115173 - 11/14/17 04:57 PM Re: _IlluminAnX_ by M. Aquino [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Looks like some idiot gave you a negative review on this book on Amazon, while admitting that they haven't even read it, so I reported them to have their review, hopefully removed.

#115174 - 11/14/17 05:47 PM Re: _IlluminAnX_ by M. Aquino [Re: Asmedious]
Dark Light 444 Offline

I caught that as well. Didn't know you could report reviews. I'll chime in and submit a report also. Disgruntled individual whose beef has nothing whatever to do with Aquino nor the book.

#115175 - 11/14/17 08:06 PM Re: _IlluminAnX_ by M. Aquino [Re: Asmedious]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Asmedious
Looks like some idiot gave you a negative review on this book on Amazon, while admitting that they haven't even read it, so I reported them to have their review, hopefully removed.

Thanks. I just took a look. I'm sure intelligent readers won't be deterred. I haven't any idea who this disgruntlee is. Usually the TOS bends over backward to be helpful to members, and we have a very proactive Exec Direc at the moment.

The problem people are usually those who want to be spoon-fed and get cranky when they aren't. The Temple just doesn't function that way.

It will be interesting to see reviews from people who have read the book. As noted, this is a weird sort of book, and I'm not even sure how I'd review it!

#115176 - 11/14/17 09:05 PM Re: _IlluminAnX_ by M. Aquino [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Kori Houghton Offline

Loc: East Coast USA
 Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
Thanks. I just took a look. I'm sure intelligent readers won't be deterred. I haven't any idea who this disgruntlee is. Usually the TOS bends over backward to be helpful to members, and we have a very proactive Exec Direc at the moment.

The problem people are usually those who want to be spoon-fed and get cranky when they aren't. The Temple just doesn't function that way.

Michael, I think you should have asked someone to read the review to you aloud. It wasn't posted by a "cranky" "disgruntlee" Temple of Set member. It's a complaint about mishandling of $$$ sent in by applicants to the TOS. Here's the text of the review, for the sake of accuracy:

Originally Posted By: Anonymous review of IlluminAnX on Amazon
I've never read this book but I have read several other of Dr. Aquino. As you may or may not know, he is the founder of the Temple of Set, a former high ranking member of the Church of Satan, and an ex-military intelligence officer (and thank you for your service, sir.)

However, Dr. Aquino, though apparently no longer in charge of, nor an administrator in, the Temple of Set has given birth to a scam. The Temple of Set requires an $80 fee to apply, with the caveat that should you not be accepted your check/money order/cash/credit card payment will be refunded. However, that was not the case with myself nor other accounts I've read on the internet (please feel free to Google). Instead, you send in said money and receive nothing. No word, no money, and no introductory materials as promised.

Since they are a registered religious institution in the state of California, no BBB involvement can take place. I plan on filing a complaint with the Secretary of State of CA, not because the $80 matters so much, but more because I don't like that someone I once respected started a "temple" that thieves from people who are genuinely interested in becoming members. The idea that he knows nothing about it is laughable at best.

Don't say you'll send it back if you won't. For someone who left the CoS for Dr. LaVey "selling" degrees, the Temple flat out steals. At least Dr. LaVey offered something in return for your money.

Of course this isn't a book review, and has no business on that page.

Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
It will be interesting to see reviews from people who have read the book. As noted, this is a weird sort of book, and I'm not even sure how I'd review it!

I'm expecting the reviews posted will be similar to those given to your other books, perhaps written by some of the same people?

#115177 - 11/15/17 05:56 AM Re: _IlluminAnX_ by M. Aquino [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

If you're thinking about ordering this puppy but haven't yet done so, wait a few days until you see it on Amazon with its revised cover (sand-color with Sphinx & Pyramid).

I originally wanted the red-hued IlluminAnX emblem on the cover, but the CreateSpace Cover Creator refused to fit it on any of the templates without cutting the top off. I tried to ignore it, but I'm a detail-Nazi.

Also found and fixed a couple of typos (mine, not Jim Kirby's!) on the Dedication page.

If you've already ordered the original with the red/white cover, you've got a collector's item, like that Beatles album with the meat-cleaver dolls that they had to recall and paper-over because of outraged parents. [Of course that didn't stop us teens from steaming off the pasted-over covers.]

#115178 - 11/15/17 06:06 AM Re: _IlluminAnX_ by M. Aquino [Re: Kori Houghton]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Kori Houghton
I'm expecting the reviews posted will be similar to those given to your other books, perhaps written by some of the same people?

Well, each of the four included lectures originally given at the Order of Dagon Hall elicited a lot of barking and howling from the audience, but it was difficult to tell whether that was appreciative or death-threatening. Innsmouth always creeps me out. I'd much rather give talks in Arkham or Dunwich.

#115179 - 11/15/17 06:25 AM Re: _IlluminAnX_ by M. Aquino [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dark Light 444 Offline

Looks like thankfully the “review” has been removed.

The Beatles Yesterday and Today butcher cover! Wish I had one. Ordering the Ankh cover before it’s too late, as I love first edition stuff when it’s available and affordable,

Edit: ordered.

Edited by Dark Light 444 (11/15/17 07:02 AM)

#115180 - 11/15/17 08:48 AM Re: _IlluminAnX_ by M. Aquino [Re: Dark Light 444]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Oh thank God. How dare anyone mess with the glorious leader!

The very nerve!

#115181 - 11/15/17 09:05 AM Re: _IlluminAnX_ by M. Aquino [Re: Dan_Dread]
Dark Light 444 Offline

Your hard on does not go unnoticed. However, wouldn’t mind if you sat these threads out for a while. Might be just the thing you need.

#115187 - 11/15/17 02:18 PM Re: _IlluminAnX_ by M. Aquino [Re: Dark Light 444]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

I find it hard to ignore the gagging and sloppy gargling noises.

Maybe what YOU need is to come up for air once in a while. Just sayin'

#115188 - 11/15/17 02:35 PM Re: _IlluminAnX_ by M. Aquino [Re: Dan_Dread]
Dark Light 444 Offline

Typically, I’ve found that people can not ignore things they are constantly attracted to, time and time again, for whatever reasons; so, you following me around makes sense.

Can you practice the art of restraint? I mean, if you “find it hard” to ignore simple responses that may include praise to someone other than yourself, then maybe you should look into why you are attracted so much to that.

Unless, of course “find it hard” means something else altogether, which, although I’m flattered, can’t help you with your boner.

#115190 - 11/15/17 05:20 PM Re: _IlluminAnX_ by M. Aquino [Re: Dark Light 444]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Hey man, if you like to think of other men in 'restraints' while talking about their boners, that's a you thing.

Given that the vast majority of your posts have been spent felating someone however, this is hardly a surprising revelation.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.015 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.